April 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 4:17:00 AM More reviews by Ubiq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have Nourishing Nude and Plush Plum. I'm very fair with rosacea and neither of these play up my redness but I will use the nude if I'm looking especially beet red.
My lips are always chapped and these help give me color when my lips are too chapped for lipstick. I use Shiseido sunblock for lips underneath this and both these conceal how whitening and drying it is. I need to reapply often but it's no big deal - lip stains aren't good for a dry lip situation anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by tiffani1001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have bought two of these at the same time, i believe they were 6.99 each or something ridiculous like that. I do not mind paying 6.99 for a GOOD product, this was not good.Worst purchase ever, however, the colors are quite nice as is the packaging. These are incredibly drying and have actually caused my lips to peel. I have huge lips, this does not look good. I will not repurchase and definitely will not finish the rest of the tubes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2012 1:29:00 AM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its such a beautiful lipstick/ balm I love it. I will repurchase. its so shiny the only down side is I hate how it tastes like sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by teenofchrist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My lips get chapped constantly, and I have to use dull everyday chap stick all the time to keep my lips moist. I really wanted to try something new that would bring color to my lips and keep them moisturized all day.
This product does all that and MORE! I absolutely fell in love with this product. I bought the Nourishing Nude and Caring Coral. This is now my must have product in my makeup bag. I highly recommend it to everyone

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The color selection is nice but they dried my lips out bad. The packaging is also nice but that's pretty much it. I will not be repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I quite like these little balms. I put them on par with Revlon's Lip Butters. I can't really compare them, considering they both have their pro's and con's and have major differences. In terms of moisture, I would have to give the edge to L'Oreal's. In terms of color, Revlon's takes the cake. But both smell nice, like subtle vanilla, (with L'Oreal's being stronger and also having the faint smell of sunscreen.) Revlon's Lip Butters offer a far better selection of colors. Revlon's are much more pigmented as well, but that's why I sometimes reach for L'Oreal's more. I often want a nice subtle color. I purchased the Colour Riche Balms in colors "Nourishing Nude" and "Plush Plum", Nourishing Nude is very MLBB, sort of being a more moisturizing verion of "Fairest Nude". Don't let the 'nude' make you wary. I have very pigmented lips (very dark pink) and this was definitely noticeable on my lips. However, since a natural color, it may not be enough bang for some people. Nourishing Nude is a cream with no frost, shimmer, or sparkle. It's close to opaque. Plush Plum isn't as plum as you would think. It leans towards a berry red and is quite pigmented, but not very opaque. It's very sheer. Sort of like Clinique's "Black Honey". Plush Plum has very fine gold shimmer. It's probably my favorite as far as color, but I still reach for Nourishing Nude the most because it goes with everything. All in all a good product, I would recommend it to anyone wishing the Lip Butters were more buttery and moist. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cheeky

I love these so much, I have nourishing nude which has the nicest finish I have ever seen on any lipstick/balm/gloss, and caring coral. they are extremely sheer, which is perfect for me, but I can see how some people would be turned off by this. my sister bought both nourishing nude and rose elixir, and said she could see no difference on her lips. i have also tried the revlon lip butters,and really don't see much of a comparison. the lip butters give way more color payoff, and aren't half as moisturizing. The taste/scent is pretty bad, and the reason i am taking of a lippie. These are around 8.50 at my cvs which I think is kind of pricey, but I'd like to try them all out so I'll wait for a sale, or to get some more cvs extra bucks.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by AmazingBella

i bought one in pink satin which appears to be a bright pink color. i put it on my lips and it did feel pretty moistrurizing but the pigmentation of this product is so bad that i just might as well use a clear chapstick. I'm really dissapointed in this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:34:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought a few of these in the neutral shades, pink/rose/caramel comfort, and I was unimpressed, as they were soooo sheer they just looked like clear gloss on my lips (and my lips aren't super-pigmented or anything), though Caramel Comfort was a little better on that count. Just recently I discovered the plum one, and it's awesome. Still sheer, but it actually shows up and can be built up for a darker color. The shade is just lovely, a true plum on me, and I love that it goes on so smoothly without being gloppy or goopy. Feels like a moisturizing balm. This shade has reasonable staying power and fades to a subtle stain. Oh, and it smells good. Best lippie I've bought in quite a while!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this balm in Tender Mauve.
I like the shade, it appears slightly mauve with a cool blue undertone on me and matches my complexion. It is really a lovely colour.
I found the balm itself easy to apply, it feels like a greasy lipgloss but I could feel gritty bits in it when I pressed my lips together.
I did not like the overwhelming smell and taste of the SPF, leaving a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.
This balm was quite drying on my lips and thankfully it doesn't stay on long because I was reaching for lip salve because my lips felt so dry.
I prefer Revlon Lip butters.