Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie

3.4

on 9/30/2002 3:16:00 PM

Luscious. I don't smell burned plastic in the opening ... it reads more as leather to me. Perhaps it's really good pleather? :) There's a hint of citrus, a wash of jasmine, a little violet, some warm subtle aldehydes, all of which fall away gently, till just the mimosa is there in the drydown. And a beautiful, creamy scent it is too ... nothing powdery or insipid about it. I can easily imagine myself purchasing a full bottle of this. It's as unusual as it is lovely, a womanly scent for someone who isn't a teenager and doesn't want to be taken for one, either. I bought 10 small Frederic Malle scents but I'm having a hard time getting to the others because I just keep re-applying this one!

on 9/29/2002 11:08:00 PM

Cassie Flower was created by Dominique Ropion and is an aldehydic floral. It opens with a strange burned plastic scent that reminded me of Serge Lutens' fragrances with their odd top notes, and like the Lutens scents, it soon morphed into a much more approachable (and feminine) fragrance of violets and orange. By now the plastic note had mellowed into the familiar fuzzy cocoa undertone of mimosa. A faintly exotic jasmine soon joined the bouquet, which became dominated by mimosa and yet remained soft and not cloying. Although there are aldehydes present, they are used carefully such that they merely provide a subtle lift to the fragrance without becoming ozonic or powdery. There is a quality to this that strongly reminds me of PdN Just un Rêve (another favorite), but without the monoï. I may have finally found a mimosa fragrance that I can wear.

Popular Fragrances