April 18, 2014 | 1799 users online

Sunscreen - L'Oreal - Sublime Sun Advanced Sunscreen Liquid Silk Sunshield For Face SPF 50

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lindam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

WOW! I have never used a L'Oreal sunscreen before.
Usually Nutrogena but it was out at Target and Ulta. I saw this and thought why not. Only $9.99.

It does go on very greasy and shiny. But once it settles in my face feels great.

I don't like that L'Oreal tests on animals but sometimes I cannot pay a higher price for a stable sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly16

I ran out of my favorite suncreen Shiseido Extra Smooth Sun Protection Lotion SPF 38 PA++ & before i could make it to Sephora to get some, i picked this up at Walmart for $10USD. So glad i did. I have to say the consistency & coverage is pretty similar to the Shiseido version & it's at 1/3 of the price. It has a sheer finish, none of that white cast from sunscreen & absorb beautifully into my combo skin. I could layer this on top of a daytime cream, and it still feels sheer.The small flat tube design makes it easy for me to toss it into my handbag. Love - will definitely repurchase when i run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One word GREASY. It's greasy on me. It has an oily sheen on me. I know others have said it's not oily, but it is on me. It's a great product otherwise, and it gives the Asian sunscreens a run for their money, but it's very greasy on me. I don't have oily skin, either. I have dry skin, and I guess it just doesn't absorb well into my skin. It is very water, and sweat resistant, too. I bought it for that purpose. It's oil free, and it didn't cause me to breakout, either. That's a big deal because I have stress-induced rosacea, and my skin doesn't tolerate most sunscreens very well. I gave it a 3, because it's greasy on me. I haven't tried it under makeup, and I won't be, either. I use something else for that purpose. I bought this just for outdoor activities when I'm wearing no makeup. It holds up well for an afternoon run, in Phoenix. It does dry clear. No white, or grayish skin happening with this product. It is silky, too. That's what makes it feel greasy, but I get that oily sheen. It doesn't sting, either. I use Renova, and most sunscreens have a sting to it. No ouch factor. I will finish the bottle, but I'm going to stick to Mentholatum's Sun Play, which is a Japanese product. I would repurchase this in an emergency, if I don't have any Sun Play on me. It's cheap, too. I paid $7.00 for this. I would have given it a 5 if it didn't leave a greasy sheen on me. Update-I tried this on my 4 year old and it didn't make his skin look oily, so it's my dry, aging skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by chandleram

so in love with this product! i was looking for a great spf that would go on under foundation and not give my already pale skin a white cast or make me look oily. this is PHENOMENAL. it does smell like sunscreen which is my only complaint but it is awesome. i dot this on my face in addition to my foundation and then blend it out and my foundation looks BETTER than it would otherwise. very, very impressed. i am still pretty young and have acne but this did not irritate my skin or cause new zits. very impressed and would suggest to anyone looking for a great, light, spf.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Jaqueta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this sunscreen! It doesn't ball up, leave a white cast, look greasy or like I have a plastic film on my face, doesn't sting, run, or break me out. It has a milky texture similar to Asian sunscreens and leaves a smooth, primer-like finish. Considering how lovely this sunscreen is, the price is ridiculously cheap ($11.99 in my local Walgreens). I will absolutely buy this again and again- tossing all my sunscreens that "sorta" work. This is it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, I love this oil-free sunscreen - love it. Will definitely repurchase. Not only that, I waited until after my fifth day in a row of wear to review it here.

QUICK STATS ...

Packaging: Small & sleek, and in the amount of 1.7 fl oz (50 ml). Makes the liquidy/clicking sound when you shake it. You've seen this packaging before - but be advised not all of these sunscreens are created equal in terms of their respective UVA-blocking ingredients OR cosmetic elegance.

Texture: Watery/runny. Not like lotion, and not at all thick or sticky.

Finish: Clear - completely clear. Minimal shine. As mentioned before, not all SPF that comes in this packaging is equal in quality or wearability. In fact, I end up returning almost all of them after seeing they impart a chalky finish - and if one runs clear, it often looks greasy. OR because of the ...

Eye Sting Factor: None - and I insist on applying SPF over upper eyelids & all the way up to the lower lashline.

Balling-Up Factor: None. Foundation looks great on it, with no pencil eraser bit-related issues. That is another dealbreaker for me.

Breakout Factor: None for me.

Bonus: Vitamin E & White Grapeseed.

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (15%), Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (5%), Oxybenzone (6%)

Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Alcohol Denat., Silica, Dicaprylyl Ether, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, PEG 30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Nylon 12, PEG 8 Laurate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dodecene, Methylparaben, Sodium Chloride, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Poloxamer 407, Tocopherol, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Isostearyl Alcohol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Poly C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No