November 24, 2014 | 1753 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Covergirl and Olay Tone Rehab 2 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Glides on so smooth. The texture is very different from any foundation or tinted moisturizer I have tried. It is almost like velvet. Smooth it on with your fingers and you are done in 10 seconds. This is great when you need to get out the door and you don't have time to pull out your liquid foundation that needs to be blended and applied with a makeup brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by rimmy11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVEEEEE THIS STUFF!!! REASONS WHY: GREAT COVERAGE YET LIGHT WIEGHT LOOKS AMAZING EVEN IN DAY LIGHT, I hate that typical foundations seem to age you but this one actually enhances your natural glow & evens out blotchy skin, it really just feels like you're applying serum that is how light wieght it is & so smooth to spread it just comes on evenly & blends in so well! I love it worth every penny, the plus side is over time its reduces wrinkles & evens out tone. I used to use revelon color stay for years & this one has won me over! Price in tx is 12-13$ its contains the same amount as revelon color stay 1oz

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by emily25

I was with my mom at the Navy Exchange, this was $13 and I had a $3 coupon. So, I bought it. I must say, I am impressed. I work from home so I don't use foundation everyday and I wanted something less heavy than the Mary Kay and Jafra I had been using. This works for me, I use it with a face powder and thus far, it's been great. I have sensitive, oily,hormone/acne prone skin and this did not break me out. So far, this is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Tooky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

When I say I would buy this product again, I mean only if nothing else is available or maybe if it was on sale.. There are plenty of better products for this price, i personally find the fragrance a bit too much. But it does tone your skin a little overtime.. It covers up blemishes so-so, and is fairly easy to match with skin tones. Its not by any means a bad product but there is better!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by madcgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, I will edit my review in about two weeks if this product doesn't work out... because that always can be the case. It has definitely been the case in the past.

Let's start with my skin: Acne prone (very much so), dry, flaky but can get oily. I previously used Revlon Colorstay on my skin, but it started to look fake and cakey and it broke me out considerably. It used to look so natural, and I've been looking for something to replace it. I usually end up going back to it because A. it matches my skin and B. it covers my skin.

I wanted something lighter, something less constricting than a medium/full coverage foundation, so I decided to try this. I thought FOR SURE the color would be ORANGE and GROSS because every single ivory I try in drugstore brands are! Now, this didn't match exactly like the colorstay, but it's tolerable enough! Which for me, is saying a lot. I have this in the lightest shade, and I'm happy with it.

I used a sponge to apply it. I used it on one of my "better" skin days (meaning less redness and pimples, but still a lot to cover). I did this because I knew it wouldn't cover one of my horrendous breakouts. In all honesty, this covered MORE than the natureluxe foundation from covergirl! I was very impressed. You can layer it a little bit, not much, and then use some coverup.

So coverage, yes I like that it's lighter. Anyways, I thought I looked pretty good. It gave me more of a dewy finish, and I wore it at school all day. I came home, and it held up just find. A little shiny, but it actually gave my skin a nice healthy look.

Now, I have pretty bad skin. Really, I do... but this somehow made me appear like I had normal skin. A girl literally told me today that I had really great skin. I was amazed, I didn't know what to say. I think I said "oh it's just my makeup" or something, because I HAVE TERRIBLE SKIN. So, this is definitely a win in my book. :)

Other reviewers said it came off a lot, which is understandable if you have oily skin. This is definitely for people with drier skin, so don't be surprised if it doesn't work for you. The reason I gave this product a 4/5 is because it does come off a little and isn't totally transfer resistant. Also, the color is a tiny bit off. Other than that, so far SO GOOD!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ngw2012

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm 48 yrs old, live in Az and have very dry skin. I purchased Smash box BB cream, based on the excellent reviews. It was horrible, heavy, greasey and the color was off. It also costs 34 dollars. I was so frustrated that I stopped at WG's and purchased this product. The color match was perfect. It felt very nice on my skin. I didn't use powder to set, but did apply powder half way thru my work day. This is a wonderful, durable product, with staying power. I have the pleasure of entering the big M, so I have many hot flashes during the day. I will definitely buy this product again & again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

As far as foundations go, I have been a devotee of the Skin79 pink label BB cream for nearly a year. When I ran out recently, I wanted to replace with something comparable that I could buy locally while waiting the 2+ weeks it takes for me to receive my Skin79 after ordering online.
I decided on this because it is similar to BB creams in that it is a multi purpose product. It includes foundation and Olay serum that is supposed to even out skin tone both immediately (by covering imperfections) and over time (be evening skintone). It is designed for aging skin and is supposed to be hydrating.
I have this in classic ivory and it is a perfect match for my fair skin. It feels buttery smooth and blends very well, melting into skin. It is thinner than traditional BB cream, and it feels more like a traditional foundation. That said, it seems like a cross between a tinted moisturizer and a traditional foundation. The finish is satin, and when set with translucent powder, satin matte.It wears nicely, though my skin does seem to get a bit more oily with this than BB cream. I don't fault the product for that as I have very oily skin.
I love the pump design, and I especially like that the tube is clear so you can see how much you have left. That is my main problem with the Skin79 BB cream - I almost always run out because I can't see how much is left, and the tube is so hefty that it is impossible to tell from weight alone! This product runs around $15 USD, which is not a bad deal when you consider the price of Olay serum and foundation separately would be more than that.
I took off one lippie because this product does not contain a sunscreen. You would think that any skin product designed for aging skin would. Other than that, though, I do believe that my skin tone is improving after using this for a few weeks, and I would re-purchase. This is an excellent product for girls looking for a multi purpose product that will provide sheer to medium coverage with a satin to matte finish that is hydrating.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Update 6/8/2013: my HG foundation. It seriously is the best foundation I used so far. I have combo/oily/sensitive/dehydrated skin, and this looks best on me compared to many other foundations. I'm comparing this to the following: guerlain ldp, borgoius healthy mix serum, hourglass immaculate, a lot of revlon stuff (to be fair, I don't think I've ever had a good experience with Revlon, EVER), estee lauder dw. and some other ones.
----

I usually look for natural looking coverages and was looking for something like a BB creme, so thought of trying this out.

Pros:
Super lightweight
Natural finish
Not cakey
Very liquid feel, although it's a cream, it melts on your face (maybe that's not a good thing?)
No breaking out

Cons:
If you have some flakey skin, it can accentuate it
Smell is nice but may be annoying. Fades away quickly though.

Good for: People looking for natural, lightweight, satin finish with very LIGHT coverage
Not for: People looking for a 'dewey look' with full coverage

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Yansa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this foundation - just not enough to buy it again. The primary reason is the limited shade options. For reference, I am an NC 43-45 in MAC products and use Stila Perfecting Concealer in G and H. First the good - it is a great texture and finish. I'd call it medium coverage at best, but the coverage is silky/satiny in finish. Not too matte or dry, and doesn't go chalky on the face with the right shade. I also can't feel it on my skin, which is nice. It doesn't sit on the skin like some foundations can. I also love the pump. It's definitely my preference in terms of foundation packaging.

Unfortunately, that's where the love ends.

I invested in this foundation earlier this summer after reading about it in some magazine. I have aging skin and have spent quite a bit of time in the sun over the years, so I'm always looking for a way to add a little glow. I didn't get to use it very much when I bought it, though, because it was too dark for even my normal deepened summer tone. I bought the darker shade hoping that I could blend it out with some powder and bronzer to make it work - a common trial for women of color, this shade tweaking and mixing - but it was still just too dark and neutral toned. Not enough yellow. And definitely too deep. If I had bought next lighter shade, it would have been too chalky on my summer skin, and it definitely looked a little pink in the bottle,. It didn't look like it would have been right on my normal (not simmertime) tone either. There is just too drastic a difference in the depth and tone of the darker shades in most drugstore foundation lines. We don't go just take sudden leaps from creamy to ebony skin tones. There is a SEA of shades in between, but drugstore brands never seem to bother to provide a good number of options on the darler side of the spectrum. And the undertones are almost always not yellow enough. This foundation stays true to those shortcomings.

I just got back from a Caribbean vacation and have a VERY deep tan, and NOW I can use this foundation. . I obviously won't bother to try finding a shade for my winter toned skin given my lack of success with the available shades so far. I have some pretty well loved higher end options that allow me to change shades whenever the need arises (Bobbi Brown, MAC, and MUFE are just a few) so I don't see the need to waste the money trying to many more shades of this variety.

I'll do my absolute best to use as much of this bottle as I can while I have this tan, but I won't repurchase as it is too hard to find a shade that suits me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by ctlee420

First off, I love the pump, all foundations should have a pump, makes it so much easier and less mess. I love the texture it is super smooth, blends really nice, has medium coverage. The only downside to this foundation is it does get oily throughout the day and it's definitely not a long lasting foundation, but I use it just as my everyday foundation when I don't need a lot of coverage or staying power. I would suggest using this with a primer. I have had a couple breakouts, but I'm not sure if they're from this. All in all I would buy it again, but I'm still looking for something better.