November 27, 2014 | 1411 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze / On and On Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by crashedandburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I absolutely love this. Unfortunately this colour looks wayy too gray on my very warm skin tone. When swatched, it looks like a beautiful, neutral to cool bronzey brown colour with just the right amount of shine/shimmer, but on my lids it looks sort of gray, making me look like i've got a bit of a fading bruise on my eyes. However, it makes an excellent base (over a primer) for one of my other bronze eyeshadows that were too red-toned, and together they look perfect.

It's easy to apply (especially for eyeshadow amateurs like me), doesn't budge all day on my oily lids, and is easy to remove as well. On lazy days, I don't use it with a primer, and it still looks fine.

Would definitely repurchase. And price-wise, it's not too expensive! I would recommend this to everyone and anyone, but especially to those with cooler skin tones. It really is great, wish maybelline would come up with more colours!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by AmyAngel96

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have super-oily eyelids, so I was really wary of trying any cream shadows. But I saw the great reviews on these and decided to give them a try, and I'm glad I did! I always wear them over Nars Smudgeproof primer (worth every penny!) and usually combine them with powder shadows, and have had no creasing at all. They've stayed on and looked great for 10-12 hours consistently.
I usually use Bad to the Bronze on the lid with shadows from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette. It makes a great neutral look for me. The color is a nice bronzey metallic, that is not too warm for my cool-toned skin. I'm really impressed, and would definitely re-buy if I ran out or lost this. I'm impressed enough with these that I just bought 2 more colors, bringing my total up to 6!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by scrapstitcher

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of my go-to eyeshadow colors. I use Barely Branded as a base on my eyelids and then use Bad to the Bronze in the outer corners and crease. Love the creme formula. I use a make-up brush for application. I wish they'd come out with a medium shimmery green in this creme formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by iluvmakeup12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this Color Tattoo! I use this as a base in my every day makeup. On my NC30ish skin this is a very natural looking bronzy color that goes great with my neutral eye look. It helps cover the discoloration on my lids, makes my eye shadows pop and last longer. Like all Color Tattoos Bad to the Bronze lasts all day and doesn't budge, but it is easy to take off with a little makeup remover.

Pros:
-Affordable.
-Long wearing.
-Helps make shadows last all day.

Cons:
-Have to blend quickly because this product sets fast.

Tip: Make sure the lid is on tight and keep the jar upside down, it will help keep the Color Tattoo from drying out too fast.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

There is really nothing I can say that hasn't been said before on this. There is good reason that this range, and especially this color, are so hyped up. I have very oily eyelids but I'm obsessed with cream eyeshadows. This means that I have to find ones that really, really wear like iron. I always wear a primer underneath (Wet n Wild) but not all cream shadows are created equal. The formula on this particular Color Tattoo is a bit thicker than some of the others but it still goes on quite nicely, though I have to be careful because it can make my eyes look a little creepy if I use too much. It's extremely pigmented so a little goes a long way. I bought this RIGHT when they hit drugstores (I literally grabbed an associate and made her open the box and get me one) and I'm only on my second jar now even though I use this more than any other shadow. The real beauty of this shadow is the color - it's a gorgeous bronze taupe-y color. It doesn't pull too warm on my cool-toned skin, which is a problem I find with most bronze shades. When worn slightly above the crease and blended out a bit, it creates a natural shadow which almost looks like a contour, it can create the illusion that you've spent a lot longer on your shadow than you really did. For the price, this really can't be beat. I will repurchase it for as long as they keep making it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Aislingm11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really versatile as it can be used on its own or as a base for your eyeshdaow.
Blends beautifully and doesn't crease like some cream eyeshadows.
Will really make your eyeshadow pop when used as a base.
A must-have for people wanting to achieve that perfect smokey eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

* note: sorry In advance for the long review, I try to be as detailed as possible to help other members get a good understanding of the product :-) also I attatched my review for the actual Colour Tattoo eyeshadow and added my review for the specific shade*

Ok so these are one of my favourite products in my makeup collection. They are so easy to apply and just are simply amazing.

APPLICATION: for a cream eyeshadow these are EXTREMELY easy to apply. Although you can use a brush, if it is for personal use I recommend using your finger as it is way easier to apply it that way and it takes very little time, giving you a simple, even application.

AVAILABILITY: These are usually well stocked in most stores and are available in pretty much every store that sells "drugstore" makeup, eg: Target, Wal-Mart, Shoppers Drug Mart, London Drugs, etc. Some specific colours I have found are very popular and run out fast though eg: Barely Branded, Bad To the Bronze, and Inked in Pink. I would recommend if you see these colours and are interested to pick them up as you see them.

COLOUR OR SHADE SPECIFIC REVIEW: this seems to be the most popular shade online. And although it is not my favourite shade (Inked in Pink) it is up there. It is a very buildable metallic goldy-bronze. It has a nice shimmer without the look of chunky glitter. And I think would look good on most of everybody especially people with brown eyes

FUNCTIONALITY: these are so easy and functional to use. The product contains 4g of product and it goes a LONG way. For reference I use my barely branded eyeshadow daily and it lasts me months. Also if you put your finger in the product one dab or finger (if that makes sense :-P) is enough for the whole eye. And they are sweat and oil proof.

PACKAGING: I love, love, love, the packaging of these. It is super sleek and sanitary. And an added plus if you have a large makeup collection like me and have to make the most out of your storage they store really nicely. If you use the long narrow bins that fit the mac blushes or other circle shaped shadows these fit PERFECTLY in them the only thing I would recommend is labelling the side of the product if you have a few of them so they are easier to identify because otherwise you may have to go through a few until you find what your looking for

PRICE: the price of these can vary quite a bit where I live (Canada). They are most usually though anywhere between $4.99 CAN and $6.99 CAN. Depending on the sale schedule. It is quite rare for me th8ugh to see them for $4.99 so I would recommend stocking up when they are that price like I do ;-) :-P

WEAR-ABILITY / LONGEVITY: These products come in so many different colours for every different skin tone. They also have amazing lasting abilities on the eyelid (even for people with oily lids) they also Work great as bases, so if you are trying to get makeup that is a little more budget friendly these are perfect because they eliminate the need for other products.
Not too mention they last all day so by eliminating touch ups you are using less product thus saving money and making the product go further

OVERALL: this is a great "high end" product at a "low end" price that works for all people of all skin types and tones

*Thankyou for reading through my long review and hopefully I was able to help you :-P :-) if you have any questions about this product or certain shades PLEASE feel free to message me. Also feel free to message me if you have any other review requests or questions about certain products as I collect makeup and have a big collection and am going through to review other products in my collection* <3

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by leleredbull

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

These are my favorite eyeshadows ever! I didn't think I'd like the cream formula, but I have no problems applying them at all. And they really do stay on all day and do not budge! You dont even need a primer. I have very oily eyelids and this is the ONLY eyeshadow that does not crease. I used to only use Urban Decay, but these are way cheaper and work better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by SallyB20

when I first heard about these cream eyeshades I was like oh no I do not do cream eyeshades!!! due to bad experience in the past but from reviews on YouTube I was like I have to get me one and try it out. so long story short I purchased it and I loved it!!!!! its very smooth to apply on the eyelid I rather use my index finger than a brush to give it a natural look and blend it through. it can also be used for a eyeshade base works great doesn't make your eyelids look all weird and wrinkly. I would purchase this again and again!!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by SwampTea

I HATE this product, I was so happy to get this product because I heard so many great reviews. I bought six colors and all of them applied patchy and creased like crazy !