April 17, 2014 | 1731 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Sugar Plum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Sockknitter

I have been searching for a good, MLBB, everyday pink-mauve lippie. I wanted no brown tinge as every pink-brown lipstick turns orange or brick on me (i.e., NARS DV, MAC Cosmo, Revlon Pink Truffle, etc). I was considering purchasing NARS Damage or MAC Syrup again until I read the reviews for this. I LOVE it!! It has no shimmer, and is a lovely, plummy, pinky mauve. Perfect...exactly what I was searching for!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

This review is NOT based on the quality of the Revlon Lip Butter, but rather for the colour Sugar Plum.
I really love Pink Truffle from the Lip Butter line, but the time I got to enjoy that colour was limited since I lost it after about 3 weeks...Massive Sigh...
I started to lose interest in my Lip Butters, I've haven't got to try all the ones I have yet, but one day I just plucked Sugar Plum out of the draw and just apply it on.
I think I love this colour more then Pink Truffle! I honestly don't miss Pink Truffle since I tried Sugar Plum.
This is a sheer plum colour, but on my lips its just a MLBB colour. I have pigmented lips, and this colour is perfect!
I just found out that Revlon Lip Butters are finally available in Australia, but the the price tag of $21.95AUD, are they serious?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopstix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite shades from the lip butters line. It is a gorgeous plummy pink on my quite pigmented lips. It can be hard for me to find neutral/creamy pinks that show up on my lip tone without muting them out but this one really does the trick. It has a smooth and creamy texture with a slight shine and is great for everyday use. I think the packaging is adorable and reminds me of much more expensive brands, such as Chanel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my success with Pink Truffle, I had to buy more of these Lip Butters :)
Price: $8.93 CAD
Pkg: square tube, translucent quilted lid w/clear top
Colour: plummy pink (light muted fuchsia?)
Finish: balm-y crème-shine
Pigmentation: medium at one swipe; buildable
When I look at lip colours, I gravitate toward darkish pink colours.
While this is moisturising I still put lip balm under it cuz otherwise my lips get tingly. Lasts for hours and fades very little
This is in my comfort zone. And yes, I'll be trying out brights later ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ainacupcake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Finally found MLBB shade! I have searched far and wide for this and have spent a lot of money trying to find it as well buying from Mac, Chanel, YSL, Rimmel etc. So I am really ecstatic that i found this! This shade is a mauvey/brown shade with slight plum to it. For reference, lip shades that have a berry and plummy tone to them suits me the best. Cool toned shades are definitely out. Also have an NC40-42 complexion, use Nars Barcelona, Chanel Vitalumiere in 4.0. So if you are looking for your MLBB lipstick and these shades look best on you try this one out!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by froggrlily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of the nicer lip butters. A very close dupe of Vincent Longo's Foolish Virgin, which is one of my faves. In comparison to some of the other colors in the line, this one is more demure. I like that this one has no glitter or shimmer. It lasts for an hour or two but it's marketed as a lip butter so that's to be expected. It has no offensive scent and feels good on the lips. I'm hoping that Revlon keeps the lip butters around, I would definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Riri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this on sale at Shopper's for $5.99. I like that it's very pigmented while being moisturizing at the same time. Regular lipsticks tends to emphasize my dry lips, but this one does not. Also the colour fades very naturally and evenly rather than patchy between reapplications. I have darker pigmented lips so it didn't turn out as plum as I thought it would be, but it's a gorgeous colour nonetheless! It ended up a medium purpley-pink shade which suited my olive skin tone. It's natural enough that I would wear it during the day or night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 More reviews by raggie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Picked these babies up when it came to Singapore! This is my favorite lip butter and I love to top this off over lipsticks for a mild glossy effect.

Sugar Plum is more of the pigmented shade from Revlon's lip butters. It's beautiful cool plum that makes any mauve or pink lip color looks beautiful. Wearing it alone is beautiful as well because it just makes your lips look so natural with minimal make-up.

Well, it's not extremely moisturising but then I don't have the need to touch up on my lip balm at all, so its good for me. Definitely will repurchase because it goes well with my everyday look!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by kris4life4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my 2nd favourite after Pink Truffle too. Another colour that I think would look good on most people, it's a slightly mauvish MLBB. Nice consistency (cream), goes on very smoothly. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by KristaniA

This is my second favorite after the Pink truffle shade (perhaps because they look quite similar on my lips!) It looks like a deep mauve in the tube, but when applied, it's just a sheer wash of mauve, which is perfect for an everyday look. The formula is moisturizing & it glides easily on my, ahem... slightly chapped, lips. I got this at Shoppers Drug Mart when the lip butters were on sale for $3.99 a pop (!!!) Sooooo worth it! :)