Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Creme Brulee

3.6

Polybutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Dithylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Fragrance, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain:, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

on 8/9/2012 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a gorgeous shade but only if applied over a neutral liner. I am super pale and yellow toned and this looks dead and almost green on me if I don't wear a liner. But with a liner it is amazing. Creamsicle is another shade that must be worn with a liner. Perhaps this would be nicer on tanner skintones than mine as a simple balm to bring out the gold tones.

on 8/6/2012 8:32:00 PM

I've been looking for a nice nude color and my sister let me borrow this. I liked it so much that I went and got my own. The color really matches my skin tone and has the barest hint of shimmer. It doesn't make me look sickly and it's not orange or red on my lips. Just the perfect nude shade. It's the shade I could wear every day. The only problem is that I think this dries out my lips a bit. I would have given it five stars if it weren't drying. I have to wear chapstick underneath.

on 7/28/2012 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Looks like concealer mixed with vaseline on my lips. Awful. Back it goes.

on 7/3/2012 6:33:00 PM

I love the other Lip Butters I bought. I love Cotton Candy & Peach Parfait. But I definitely did not like Creme Brulee.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I had very high hopes for this product. I bought this warm brown shade because I wanted to switch it up after having so many pinks and reds. Unfortunately, this brown shade was so close to my lip color, you couldn't tell I was wearing anything. I didn't even get a "my lips but better" color. This also wasn't as moisturizing as I had hoped. Most of my lip area felt moisturized, but the inner side of my lips felt drier than usual. The other downside is that this doesn't last! It's totally wiped from your lips in less than an hour! I put this on and my lips were back to their original self in a very short amount of time. However, I will say that it is extremely smooth and does in fact go on like butter, as it should. The packaging is very cute and convenient. This is great as an everyday color, I just wish it wasn't so close to my lip color (my fault for picking this shade I suppose). It does bring out my eyes nicely though (weird I know). Fortunately I got this at a much cheaper price than most stores in my area. I will not repurchase this specific shade, HOWEVER I will repurchase a Revlon Lip Butter in another shade, perhaps a darker brown. This shade was a miss for me.

on 6/27/2012 2:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really did want to like this after all the reviews of how smooth and moisturizing it was. I was hoping it would be the lip product I wouldn't have to wear a lip balm under or condition my lips first before using. Not sure if it's just the tube I got, but this really doesn't seem to be the case. In fact, it's actually pretty drying. I tried wearing this by itself, no balm or gloss, like I thought I could, but my lips dried out within minutes, and it even tugged a little going on. I tried it over a balm, and even then, it wasn't as "buttery" as I'd hoped, and I really gotta layer on that balm if I want it to be moisturizing or smooth at all. I was also disappointed with the shimmer factor in this thing, almost a borderline frost. A nice moisturizing sheen is okay, but the white, frosty shine this thing has takes off another lippy for me. If my lips are dry or aren't exfoliated beforehand, this stuff will really bring out the flaws with that frostiness, and I always feel frosty lip products scream teenager (I'm not one, though...). One redeeming quality is the color itself, which is a pleasant nude color without too much pink, peach or orange in it, perfect for my yellow-toned skin. I'd say it's very close to NYX Tinted Lip Spa in Champagne Bubble, though NYX's has the moisture and smoothness this does not, which tells me I'd be better off looking at tinted balms. I'll use up the rest of it eventually, but will have to use balms or gloss with it, the extra step I was hoping to avoid, and won't repurchase.

on 6/22/2012 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So far, out of all the lip butters, this is the one I won't be purchasing again. It's wayy to brown for me (as you can tell in the picture I put up) I cringe everytime I try it. If your fair and have lightly pigmented lips, then don't get this..

on 6/22/2012 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

HG nude second only to my Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Canotier. Nice warm, golden-beigey nude that is glossy but not shimmery on my pigmented lips. Can go on very sheer or layer for silky and opaque. Really great product for the price. My favorite of all the Revlon Lip Butters. NC25-30. Will repurchase.

on 6/10/2012 8:26:00 PM

this is my HG lipstick! it's absolutely perfect! it is not hard to upkeep, i simply wear it as i would a chapstick. it's a great nude colour and nourishes so well. i have already repurchased once. i recommend it to everyone.

on 5/25/2012 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I picked this up because my local drugstore was having a sale on Revlon products. I figured that since Colorburst Lipsticks were such a great buy that I'd try out the Lip Butter. I was not disappointed.

This color is one of my favorite nudes at the moment. It's a lot similar to my actual skin color, so it does kinda mute out my lips, but I usually just swipe some sheer colored lipgloss over it. The texture is nice an creamy, although, I did notice that it started to dry out my lips towards the end of the day.

I would definitely recommend this and I would also repurchase this myself. Might just go back tomorrow and pick up a few more shades.

Popular Lipsticks