September 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have finally jumped on the bandwagon and bought this. The color is very pretty on my pigmented lips; a "my lips but better " shade. Application is smooth and it goes on sheer with color that you can build upon. I really like the packaging too. The only thing I dislike is that it doesn't have good lasting power. I think I had less than twenty minutes of wear so I would definitely have to keep a tube of this around to reapply constantly and my tube will be used up quickly . Luckily I bought this on sale. Not sure if I would buy again, but the color is lovely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 9:22:00 AM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think the Revlon Lip Butters are an either you love them or hate them product. I Really tried to love these and I had Pink Truffle for the longest of the ones that I bought. (Bought 5 and slowly returned them to the store until I had 1) The more I wore it, the more I hated it. there really isnt a flattering shade for my skin tone in this line and the consistency doesn't work for me either.Just couldn't get it to work for me.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

Love this product as I am able to add to my short list of lip products that I can use and not have an allergic reaction to. I was hesitant at first but after swatching several times, I convinced myself to just give it a shot as it's claiming to be a lip butter and consistency is definitely far from a lipstick (which I'm allergic to) and boy am I glad :) Not too convinced of the price as the color really doesn't stay. Also, not a big fan of the packaging and I seem to struggle to take the lid off but will definitely repurchase when on sale (bought them when they were on sale to begin with).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just chiming in to announce my love for Pink Truffle! On my pale lips its darker than a MLBB but in a very flattering sheer pink/brown way. Love for everyday. Feels like a balm, no taste or scent, cheap. You do have to reapply, but considering the pros, I'm won over. I should've jumped on this Lip butter bandwagon ages ago, I thought they'd just be super sheer and meh-- I was wrong. WIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by RoxxyG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

A great colour for me, very MLBB with a sheerness to it that is quite pretty. I like the way it conditions my lips, the only slight negative I can think of is that this product line in general is not very long lasting. But aside from that they are lovely.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Guinnessgirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This one has really grown on me. Initially bought it in summer and was underwhelmed, but now in winter, after an l/s buying spree that left me fairly unsatisfied, I'm realizing that pink truffle is my perfect option for everyday. It is truly neutral on me so looks great with both cool and warm eye/ cheek combos. A medium nude that doesn't leave me washed out. I love that it's sparkle free and looks good with both colorful and naked eye looks. Between this and L'Oreal Gilded Pink, I'm set for daytime. (Until summer and Tutti Frutti season!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 8:41:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely flattering rosy brown/pink colour. It is moisturising, has no scent and is quite shiny. It doesn't last long on the lips though. It is 5.99 in the UK. It reminds me of Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Blushed Rose.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by yoshiii

Very pretty pink-brown color (on me, it is almost red). Feels the same when applied as the rest of the LipButters. PF, however, looks less sheer/sparkly in color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Sellee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

NOTE: The only reason I won't be repurchasing is because I seldom wear makeup and I've already bought three different Lip Butters. I've compared them to the Maybelline Color Whisper lipsticks and prefer Maybelline's formula a little bit more, however I do like the shades/colors that the Lip Butters have to offer more so than the Color Whispers.
This is nice if you're just transitioning into wearing lipsticks, but it's definitely not for long-term wear throughout the day. I find myself having to reapply very often, but I do mess with my lips a lot when I know there's something there, so it'll probably be different for someone who's used to wearing makeup. It's not too heavy, but I think it's noticable when you're wearing it, especially if you apply a thick layer. It's not very moisturizing, and in fact I feel like it makes my lips drier after wearing. The price isn't bad for a drug store product, but at about $7 a tube, it's a bit expensive for me because I'm on a budget. This color is a very brown-toned pink, it's neutral and seems to suit a long range of skin tones. I have olive skin and I think it turns out looking a little too brown on me, so it's not my favorite or go-to color when it comes to lipstick, but it's still very nice. I might change my mind about it when I'm able to get some sun, though!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Mntgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this on ebay so it was so reasonable....waiting to see if it changes color on me. So far I am loving it. I've been looking for a dupe for my beloved mac lust lipglass which I have worn for years....this looks pretty close and if it's a wee bit moisturizing thats a huge plus. I'll come back after I've had a chance to experience it for a week or so, but for now I'm loving it.