April 21, 2014 | 974 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner ] [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG gel liner!

Price: $5 CAD
    Pkg: screw-on lid
    Colour: (Midnight in Paris) jet black
    (London Baby) blackened bronzy brown
    Finish: crème
    Pigmentation: opaque
    Texture: super creamy and soft

I was surprised because the pigmentation is as good as any (good) liquid liner. The gel is super smooth and buttery, unlike other gel liners out there (cough, Maybelline).
    Glides on smoothly and sets real quick. Stays on forever on my oily lids.
    When it dries out, just microwave for 10s with the lid OFF. Good as new until the three months are up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by dw018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I own two colors in this gel liner and I can say that I love it so much. I have both black and grey. They are so creamy and easy to apply. I use the eye liner brush that Essence sells. The staying power is amazing and lasts all night (10 hours of work). I can walk in the wind while my eyes water and it doesn't even cause the gel to budge. Both colors I have are so bright and shiny and I love how they look. I get compliments by many woman on how the product doesn't look flakey and looks as if I had just applied it to my eyes. The price is so amazing for the liner and the brush! It's amazing on the deal I feel I'm getting for such great quality of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by misshennie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

Well, to be honest, I bought this eyeliner after reading a good review about this on this site. I love this product. Easy to apply and it doesn't smudge on my eyes. Use every morning before going to office and it stays there whole day. I tried few gel eyeliner brands and so far, this essence is the best. I move from mac to essence since with the cheaper price I can get the same result. Definitely will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love this. I've tried a few other gel eyeliners and this is the best yet! Especially for the price and quality. It was very creamy at the start and super easy to work with. I prefer gel eyeliner to liquid and pencil. I've had it for a few months now and it's starting to dry a bit now. I tried buying another one and its not in stores any more - so sad! I hope they bring it back :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by goodbyewaves18

I just bought this eyeliner after reading so many reviews on this. I had very high hopes for it and I am not disappointed. I have Midnight In Paris and it is literally the blackest most creamy gel liner I have ever used. In comparison to Mac's blacktrack fluidline it ranks supreme. Personally, Mac's blacktrack wasn't extemely black it wasn't creamy. I couldn't build too much of the color because layering caused flaking. The essence on the other hand is magnificent. It glides on like butter. It's mouse like texture makes it easy for application. The price of this product blows my mind. If this was a $25 eyeliner it would be worth every penny and the fact that its not proves that higher end brands are sometimes just hype. This is my holy grail eyeliner. After all these years of looking I found what I thought didn't exist.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by HelloTrini

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definitely my HG eyeliner.

Doesn't transfer from my top lid to the bottom (I have that issue with so many stupid eyeliners). It stays put for 8+ hours!!! I put it on, come home from work and it's still in perfect condition. It doesn't flake off or anything when you curl your lashes (I have that issue of having the eyeliner come off when I try to curl my lashes). It's extremely opaque even if you use a little bit. It's crazy good! I think it's a million times better than the MAC's Fluidline and Wet 'n Wild's gel eyeliner. Gives you a clean crisp line without having to constantly dip your brush back into it. I've had mine for over 3 months now and it's still as creamy as when I bought it. It's more wet than a regular gel eyeliner, that's what makes it glides so easily. The packaging is average. Screw on plastic top. The lid isn't the best looking, but it still keeps the gel liner from drying out. I'm not TOO sure if it's extremely waterproof, but it's easy to wash off with makeup remover. Best applied with an eyeliner brush (Sonia Kashuk's $7 eyeliner brush or E.L.F.'s Studio $3 eyeliner brush).

Definitely try it out! It is THE best! Don't know why this eyeliner doesn't have more rave on it. It's the best thing in the world. I'd die if they EVER discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by gypsy413

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I apologize for submitting this as a review since I have not had the opportunity to purchase it. From all of the positive reviews, I'm anxious to try it. But I haven't been able to locate it online. Does anyone have info on where to purchase? Thanks! Lisa

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by agentnikki

I know everyone keeps saying great things about this eyeliner, but it did not work AT ALL for me.
    I have very oily eyelids, so as soon as I blinked, this would smudge and give me panda eyes, no joke. it would last 1-2hours max without smudging!
    Although I have to say, the color pigmentation and the way it applies is beautiful, if you do not have oily eyelids, this would be a great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by frostbites

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you like gel eyeliner, buy this. If you'd like to try gel eyeliner, buy this. If you like versatile products with unbeatable value for money...yeah. This. Buy it.
    A very cheap yet quality product which will last without drying out as long as you remember to close the lid on the pot properly.
    I have it in black (Midnight in Paris) and the sadly discontinued grayish, seal brown (London Baby).
    The latter is a peculiar color between dark shimmery taupe and brown which is excellent for eyebrows as well!
    It looks very natural on ashy brunette eyebrows!

So glad I tried this affordable wonder before going for pricier alternatives!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by andraealynne

One of the best lines I've used! Goes on cleanly with a brush and is totally opaque, easy to work with and is a consistent texture. Wear is fantastic. HG product for me!