April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 4:47:00 PM More reviews by marnif

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Received this and a couple other colors in swaps. This is my favorite, at least for my complexion. The formula is comfortable on the lips and has good staying power. The color is a very deep rose, almost a burgundy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

On me (NW 20), Red Velvet is a deep red that is surprisingly dark considering what you might expect from a lip butter (I have 2 others and while they are pigmented, they are not as deeply pigmented as this one). I do very much like the colour and the texture. The colour is very dramatic and the texture very moisturising. I don't like it quite as much as the other 2 I have and don't find it quite as wearable - it takes a bit more work and careful application whereas with Berry Smoothie and Cherry Tart, I can simply swipe them on and go. But I would not hesitate to purchase Red Velvet again - it's certainly a great shade to have when you want to look "diva-ish".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at Walgreens--Revlon lip products are $3 off this week; and I had a $1 off coupon, so I thought, why not? I paid about $3.50 for mine. It's nice--cosmetics are very subjective, first of all--one person likes slick and shiny, others hate it. And individual coloring has a lot to do with how a product appears. All that said, this is a smooth, sheer formula that is more pigmented than a balm, that's for sure. I do better with sheer formulas, but don't like lip gloss, so I think I would like to explore another color or two from this line. This particular color stains a tiny bit, so when it wears off, there is a sheer wash of color. I'd call this a neutral red--not warm (orange based) or all that cool (blue based). I can't wear anything at all tending towards warmer tones or else I just look dead, so this is nice. You could do much worse and pay far more for the "privilege" for a similar product, so in general I'd say it's a pretty good. I do wish for adequate sunscreen protection; maybe they'll get it in the "new and improved" version that always seems inevitable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Other reviewers described this as a brick red, but for me the color is burgundy. A better name would be "chocolate cherry." The texture is not really a lip balm; it's a full-fledged lipstick. I don't do pinks - I only can wear warm colors - so this is not for me. Also I like my lip color sheerer, more moisturizing, and less pigmented. The clinique butter shine lipstick is, in my opinion, a way better formulation. Putting this up for swap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

This is one of the redeeming members of the lip butter family. Overall, I don't know why people rave about these so much but I really like this one. I wish it had SPF in it (I prefer tinted lip balm to have SPF) but I wear this more as a lipstick. If you want to try a red lip but are a little intimidated, this is a good place to start.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by missykeyana

Red Velvet shows up as a brown red burgundy color against my caramel skin. It is really pigmented, in fact the most pigmented of the four I bought (Fig Jam, Candy Apple, Brown Sugar being the others). This color is creamy with no shimmer or glitter. Staying time is 2-3 hours, but it leaves a nice burgundy stain. I like this color for fall and winter. I would repurchase if I ran out or lost it AND it was on sale and I had a coupon.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looks very, very pretty on my fair skin. It took me weeks to finally get my hands on this particular color,and I think it's one of my favorite in the lip butter collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Jesse30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love the color but the lip butters are a little to pigmneted for me. I prefer a tinted balm, sheer lipstick, ect.. These are full on lipsticks. Nice looking and highly reccomend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by spinthedeck

As someone who adores red lips on other people but not myself, Red Velvet was a pleasant surprise. This shade is a deep brownish brick-red that is actually flattering to my pale skin - AMAZING! It's heavily pigmented, so you can apply lightly for a sheer pop of color or with a heavier hand for a bolder look. I find this color to be simply stunning, I feel so glamorous & sexy when I wear it.

I only wish the formula was more moisturizing, especially considering it's a "lip butter" & supposedly contains all these hydrating ingredients. I expected it to be much more glossy & hydrating than it is. Also, be sure to exfoliate lips before applying, as the formula tends to settle into & gum up any dry skin - NOT an attractive look!

Bottom Line: Yes, in spite of the less than stellar moisturizing formula, I'd repurchase b/c the color is just that gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Finally a red lipstick i can wear. Im in love. Its so elegant and romantic looking and its so pigmented and yet i can build it up if it lightly put it on my lips. its also deep and maybe more on the cool side which i like.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No