December 22, 2014 | 939 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Soutty

I bought this foundation in summer and found it too greasy. However, now that winter is here it is absolutely perfect. My usual foundation sticks to my dry patches but this one makes me look radiant and dewy. Great for dehydrated winter skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by chantalryp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally found what I've been looking for for years! I dewy foundation that stays on my super dry skin. I am in love! If you have dry to very dry skin and are looking for a super moisturized, dewy, glowing look than this is worth every penny. If you have oily skin it might be too dewy for you, so try the Vitalumiere Aqua instead. But my dry skin glows in this foundation!! So dewy and moisturizing!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Marywanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation would make me very anxious before application. This finish on my skin would vary and change like night and day based on how the condition of my skin was on any given day. I found that if I was already having a glowy pretty skin day, then the foundation looked fab, but if i needed a perk up when my skin was looking rough, it looked awful. It could look very dry and cakey and oily all at once, but when it was good it was great. Dewey, and fresh, and youthful, all at once! Oh and It smells wonderful and is easy enough to apply, so I think that I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by Kismetkindle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first bought Vitalumiere in color #20 Clair. This seemed to be my color - it's a bit confusing because I have freckles and some color in my face and visible chest area. I was a bit disappointed because of lack of coverage and it seemed a bit yellow when I was first applying it (although I must admit, after blending onto face, the yellowness was not an issue). As for the very dewy finish, this was fine as I have quite dry skin.

I spoke to one of the assistants at the Chanel counter in David Jones about the color and she advised that #20 was too light for me.
I ordered #32 Epice. When I first received it, I was shocked on applying it to my hand - seemed way ORANGE almost!! But again, after blending, it seemed less shocking. In fact, when I applied it to my face it was wonderful. Blended nicely and covered freckles brilliantly! and was not too dark or weird at all. So I will have to wear it for a bit to decide whether this is The One (foundation love of my life), or if I need to keep looking... :) But I'm quite happy as I sit here and I think it will be good foundation for me going into summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS: sheer, moisturizing, illuminating
CONS: doesn't work for full coverage needs. color selection limited (yellow tones only), requires lots of chasing and powdering for professional use. can be too shiny for HD
BEST FOR: yellow skin tones, dry skin, sheer coverage, print work.
For the right skintype/skin tone/lighting its one of my favorites! But does NOT work on all my clients and I am very choosey in what lighting and photographic medium I will use it in.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation does not work for me because I have oily skin and I need at least a little coverage. I know this is not for people with my type of skin, so I'm not going to give it one star, which sums up how it is for me.

First, this is supposed to be very hydrating. And it is. When I put it on, dehydrated areas of my oily skin felt amazing. As you might expect, that also means this leaves a very dewy finish. This is something people with oily skin will most likely not be able to tolerate.

The consistency speaks for the hydration, as it is rather runny. It blends in beautifully,

Second, this is for extremely sheer coverage. And when I say sheer, I really mean it. I know some people think Vitalumiere Aqua has no coverage, but trust me -- you can get some coverage out of it. What will not give you coverage is this. You can layer it and it will do nothing! This foundation has a remarkable way of looking like your second skin, which is lovely but also saddening if you want some coverage. There's a general evening-out of skin tone and a beautiful glow, but that's about it. Hyperpigmentation on any level, as well as blemishes in general, will not be covered.This is definitely, as some say, for people who already have good skin.

I can't say anything about lasting coverage just because when I saw how sheer the coverage was (layering did nothing but make things look a bit cakey), I put something else over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by RecycledTeenager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Debenhams (a Department Store in England) and have used it today. I was given the sample in nude and when I put it on it looked too yellow, but after applying it with a brush the colour did look suitable for my skin as it seemed to change once applied. I am really disappointed as it makes my face looks shiny as if I have a sweaty/greasy face. They did not have samples of Aqua Vitalumiere so the Chanel adviser did my face with it and I didn't like that either. Not enough coverage and again too shiny.

I put a review on here about EL Double Wear which I hated and asked if anyone could suggest a good medium/full coverage foundation to be used without powder. This was one of the suggestions but as I say I do not like it at all. I have good skin with no blemishes but now I am older I have a few small age spots which I want to cover up and also since stopping HRT my skin is drier. I have stopped using powder since my skin has changed as it makes your skin look older and more wrinkly.

I need a foundation which is not shiny, but not completely matte as that makes your skin look very flat and dead which makes you look older. I need good coverage without being too heavy and with a slight dewiness. I have tried quite a few samples now and am getting fed up with not finding anything suitable! I would be grateful if anyone can advise me of a suitable foundation. It would need to be something available in the UK. Thank you for your help.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I understand the frustration of those who look to Chanel for quality. The Vitalumiere (and Chanel foundation in general) was a huge disappointment for me. I've used samples of Vitalumiere Aqua, Lift Luminere, and Perfection which worked best since I prefer a velvet finish.

I definitely will try the Dior foundation that darkharbor mentions. In the interim, here are the products that I've tried recently.

BodyShop - All In One compact foundation base. (Use a good moisterizer and a brush to apply very lightly and build gradually - this has little to no coverage).

Sue Devitt - Blush in Vanutau (non impressive). I may return and purchase a Shisedo blush)

Chanel - Ombres duo eyeshadow Taupe and Delicat' (just beautiful)
but use an eye primer

BodyShop - Lipstick (like putting a crayon on your lips).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

I have mature skin (mid fifties) and I wanted so badly for this to work for me. Did Chanel not intend this for me? While my skin is not parched, dry or very lined, neither am I pumping oil like a Houston well. Those days are LONG gone. This stuff may as well have been baby oil with some pigments suspended in it. It did not set, stayed greasy, had to be set with powder (thereby nullifying any attempt at a youthful glow), and still managed to smear, streak, oxidize and get all over anything and everything my face touched. I broke out. Yup, post menopausal zits the size of grapeseeds. Not fun. Not good. No more.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Oh Chanel, how you continually disappoint me with your foundations.... :(

PROS:
-finish
-lovely packaging

CONS:
-oxidizes
-poor shade range
-not at all long lasting
-horrific fragrance (this and perfection lumiere by Chanel are without a doubt the WORST fragranced foundations I have discovered. If you have any sensitivity to fragrance, stay far away from this as you can; fragrance was the main reason I returned this)