August 23, 2014 | 1797 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by 88angels

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS: sheer, moisturizing, illuminating
CONS: doesn't work for full coverage needs. color selection limited (yellow tones only), requires lots of chasing and powdering for professional use. can be too shiny for HD
BEST FOR: yellow skin tones, dry skin, sheer coverage, print work.
For the right skintype/skin tone/lighting its one of my favorites! But does NOT work on all my clients and I am very choosey in what lighting and photographic medium I will use it in.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation does not work for me because I have oily skin and I need at least a little coverage. I know this is not for people with my type of skin, so I'm not going to give it one star, which sums up how it is for me.

First, this is supposed to be very hydrating. And it is. When I put it on, dehydrated areas of my oily skin felt amazing. As you might expect, that also means this leaves a very dewy finish. This is something people with oily skin will most likely not be able to tolerate.

The consistency speaks for the hydration, as it is rather runny. It blends in beautifully,

Second, this is for extremely sheer coverage. And when I say sheer, I really mean it. I know some people think Vitalumiere Aqua has no coverage, but trust me -- you can get some coverage out of it. What will not give you coverage is this. You can layer it and it will do nothing! This foundation has a remarkable way of looking like your second skin, which is lovely but also saddening if you want some coverage. There's a general evening-out of skin tone and a beautiful glow, but that's about it. Hyperpigmentation on any level, as well as blemishes in general, will not be covered.This is definitely, as some say, for people who already have good skin.

I can't say anything about lasting coverage just because when I saw how sheer the coverage was (layering did nothing but make things look a bit cakey), I put something else over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:30:00 AM More reviews by RecycledTeenager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this from Debenhams (a Department Store in England) and have used it today. I was given the sample in nude and when I put it on it looked too yellow, but after applying it with a brush the colour did look suitable for my skin as it seemed to change once applied. I am really disappointed as it makes my face looks shiny as if I have a sweaty/greasy face. They did not have samples of Aqua Vitalumiere so the Chanel adviser did my face with it and I didn't like that either. Not enough coverage and again too shiny.

I put a review on here about EL Double Wear which I hated and asked if anyone could suggest a good medium/full coverage foundation to be used without powder. This was one of the suggestions but as I say I do not like it at all. I have good skin with no blemishes but now I am older I have a few small age spots which I want to cover up and also since stopping HRT my skin is drier. I have stopped using powder since my skin has changed as it makes your skin look older and more wrinkly.

I need a foundation which is not shiny, but not completely matte as that makes your skin look very flat and dead which makes you look older. I need good coverage without being too heavy and with a slight dewiness. I have tried quite a few samples now and am getting fed up with not finding anything suitable! I would be grateful if anyone can advise me of a suitable foundation. It would need to be something available in the UK. Thank you for your help.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I understand the frustration of those who look to Chanel for quality. The Vitalumiere (and Chanel foundation in general) was a huge disappointment for me. I've used samples of Vitalumiere Aqua, Lift Luminere, and Perfection which worked best since I prefer a velvet finish.

I definitely will try the Dior foundation that darkharbor mentions. In the interim, here are the products that I've tried recently.

BodyShop - All In One compact foundation base. (Use a good moisterizer and a brush to apply very lightly and build gradually - this has little to no coverage).

Sue Devitt - Blush in Vanutau (non impressive). I may return and purchase a Shisedo blush)

Chanel - Ombres duo eyeshadow Taupe and Delicat' (just beautiful)
but use an eye primer

BodyShop - Lipstick (like putting a crayon on your lips).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by darkharbour

I have mature skin (mid fifties) and I wanted so badly for this to work for me. Did Chanel not intend this for me? While my skin is not parched, dry or very lined, neither am I pumping oil like a Houston well. Those days are LONG gone. This stuff may as well have been baby oil with some pigments suspended in it. It did not set, stayed greasy, had to be set with powder (thereby nullifying any attempt at a youthful glow), and still managed to smear, streak, oxidize and get all over anything and everything my face touched. I broke out. Yup, post menopausal zits the size of grapeseeds. Not fun. Not good. No more.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Oh Chanel, how you continually disappoint me with your foundations.... :(

PROS:
-finish
-lovely packaging

CONS:
-oxidizes
-poor shade range
-not at all long lasting
-horrific fragrance (this and perfection lumiere by Chanel are without a doubt the WORST fragranced foundations I have discovered. If you have any sensitivity to fragrance, stay far away from this as you can; fragrance was the main reason I returned this)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by farmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Again this was one of the samples that the brilliant SA at Chanel gave me to try. I got this one in Beige 40.

Pros: The product smells lovely, not chemical or over perfumed. It goes on nicely and sits on your skin nicely. Coverage is okay.

Cons: This is probably a heavier foundation than I like I would describe it as being a medium coverage not heavy but you could layer it if you wanted.

I probably wouldn't buy this one but that's because I want a lighter colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This vitalumiere is yes more suitable for dry skin, but my skin is combination and this foundie saves my dry patches on some areas.when I turn to twenty something, my skin has some dryness area.looks chalky and flaky when use wrong foundation especially too matte foundation.well,my skin is seriously acne prone after using korean bb cream that broke me out.the medium coverage of this foundie can blur the imperfections and any discoloration on my horrible face but with double or triple layers.skintone looks more even.I know it has no full coverage but the medium coverage from this foundie is nice because it looks smooth and lightweight.yet for my skin that has many imperfection scars and blemishes, i say that this foundie gives me sheer cover rather than medium.but if u need a light coverage,this foundie can create a natural finish.in my opinion,better for you to apply makeup base first if u have many blemishes like me.I prefer use maybelline bb cream cs it is lighter than korean bb cream and has the same functions,to conceal all blemishes.
Why I love this foundation :
- No chalky at all
- Very lightweight formula
- The coverage is really nice
- Radiance and moisturizing
- Blendable and Buildable
- The color for no.20 clair is trully match for my skin.such a great invention.this is the first time I already found out my well match color of foundie.for warm/yellow undertone,the clair is HOT.well the clerkship offered me tried two colors,clair for brighter and beige for natural look because I have fair-medium skintone.but when I tested it on my skin.the clair one was VERY MATCH to my skin.the beige one appeared nothing on my skin
- The pump and packaging look nice and classy.very sleek
Anyway, I am not agree with people said this foundie had way overpower smell or bad smell.I even can not smell any scent on this foundie.it smells nothing but very common that every foundie has its scent.
I know it is very hefty,but it's chanel and it's not too expensive compared to sisley,cle de peau and whatever any other hi-end cosmetic brands.
I used to apply this foundie by using fingers.only blend it,circle it and sure dab it.seriously nice eventhought you apply it without any pinceau brush or sponge.that's why I love this foundation.for best result, use it two layers,will give you natural finish even you put two layers.it is different from any foundie that create a mask look when u reapply the foundie.and one more,the best thing from this foundie is... When you apply this foundie on your face, you'll get the same look as what the chanel model is wearing this foundie and appear on chanel website or any other chanel advertising campaign.you'll get whay you paid.but maybe I am not reccommend you who have very oily skin, because it's not matte.
And sure it has cons :
- not suitable for daily using(trust me,even if u use the best foundation in the world,use foundie as daily routine will break out your skin)
- it's medium not full coverage(will be better use it together with make up base if you have many blemishes.it fails me to conceal big blemishes and acne scars without concealer)
- the poor coverage for my acne prone skin makes me want to pump it more and more to reapply it on my face skin.This is bad as this foundie then runs out quickly.
- seriously broke out my skin(my bare skin goes worse after using it regularly)
Overall, I'd say it's nice.lightweight formula but broke out my skin when I use it daily

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Lizzy7428

I'm on my second bottle of this stuff so I can honestly say I've given this product as much of a chance as I can. Bottom line it breaks me out on my forehead like crazy. Ive used Mac, Revlon, and never had breakouts before and always had compliments on my complexion. I have almost a new bottle of this and I can't use it anymore because my skin just can't take it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by mareihcrooz

Ok so this was my first HIGH HIGH end foundation and it was very disappointing. I have normal to dry skin and I get flakes around my nose and mouth. When I went to the Chanel counter I asked for something for dry skin and medium to full coverage (i usual wear very sheer makeup but this was meant to be for going out at night). Well she picked this up.It felt very creamy on my skin and I loved the color match, it has just the right amount of yellow and I am a 20 Clair. So I made my fiance shell out the 59 dollars for it. STUPID ME! I should have just gotten a sample first! Ugh the first day of wearing this I was sooo excited but 1) it broke me out and I don't usually get pimples but that night when I got home from school and work I had like 10 zits all around my face 2) I was a grease monkey! I used a primer and setting powder but no bueno. I haven't gotten that shiny from a foundation ever and I have so many tinted moisturizers in my make up drawers! 3) This was not a medium coverage foundation which was fine with me, I could have just used it as my every day foundation if it wasn't for the things I mentioned above. 4) The scent was strooong for a foundation. And honestly, I love scents on my makeup but this is the strongest smelling foundation I have! I could have gotten over that too but too many things went wrong with this.

So I am sad to say I am returning this this weekend. I was expecting so much more from this foundation. I can't believe they're calling this a medium coverage either, it gave me as much coverage as my tinted moisturizers! Someone below said this was only for dry skin and well, no I guess not. The only good thing about it was that it had a lovely dewy finish, it looked like my skin, the color match was awesome, and it just glides on to your skin beautifully. Ohhhwell. no hard feelings Chanel. That just wasn't the foundation for me. Of I go to the mall tomorrow. Hopefully I come back with an HG medium coverage foundation! I feel like giving up now, I guess I'm destined to wear tinted moisturizers all my life! :(