Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

4.2

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

on 7/12/2012 11:59:00 PM

My HG primer. This primer really sets the skin and makes me look awake. It works well with both tinted moisturizers and cream foundations. It has a smooth, hydrating feel and not sticky or pasty like other primers I've used. It looses a lippie for being so expensive for something that goes under makeup.

on 6/19/2012 2:18:00 PM

This is my favorite primer. It works well as a primer. It does not cause break outs. My skin is pretty good so I use it alone and just use concealer in strategic places. It looks like my skin glows from within.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After using this primer I could NOT find a pore on my face! It was that perfecting. I have clear skin thanks to Accutane at one point and Retin A now but I am of Greek heritage and those pores come LARGE. This even shrunk the one I have had for 30 years, kind of an ice pick scar from a pimple dibalacle in my teens, yes I squeezed and unless I spend a lot of money at a derm it is with me, but this made it less than 1/3 the size.
The radicance is nice, I just hope it is not accentuating the little wrinkles I have hear and there. I will have to update. But if you are young, have large pores, GO GET THIS.

on 5/2/2012 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Let me start off by saying, I have extremely oily skin. I mean it. When I blot my face, the whole blotting sheet turns transparent, and this is just three/four hours into the day.
That being said, I thought, radiance primer...I dont know...
Then wonderful sephora was giving out free deluxe sized samples of it with an order of $30 or so. So I got it and tried it out
I am so glad I did
Seriously I didn't think anything would help me get that dewy glow. I use highlighters but I still didn't see that great of a difference.
Then I tried this primer. I used a dime size amount and I didn't see that great of a difference. Then I tried a larger amount, like a nickel, and it was wonderful! I looked so dewy and aamzing, but not oily!
And I used foundatino over it and it was even better
This product is slightly tinted but I have dark skin so it didn't look bad or antyhing.
My face looked wonderful and bright and radiant!
I used this under the new EL invisible fluid makeup and my friends all complimented my skin.
My problems with this primer are these:
1. It's somewhat hard to blend. I usually use my fingers for primer, but i find that I have to take my buffing brush with this because I don't feel like it spreads that great. But no worries, I save my fingers from getting dirty!
2. I don't know if it dries my skin slightly or not.Usually, after I blot, my skin looks normal. Now, with this primer, when I blot, I find some dry spots under my eyes. And I moisturize extremely well. Also, I find that my foundation really does stick to it. Not in a good way....it is somewhat hard to explain. If there was a spot where the primer wasnt beldned out 100%, then the foundation would kind of clump around it. Somewhat of a cakey effect. But I realized it might have been because I used a little too much. Nothing a little more blending can't fix!
But I love this primer and I'd recommend it to everybody!

on 4/30/2012 4:09:00 PM

I got this as a sample from Sephora and at first when I tried it I thought it was pretty nice--product went on smoothly, my skin had a glow, looked healthier, etc. But when I looked at my skin a few hours after application, I don't know what happened but the shimmer in the primer seemed to be not only giving me a glow but also accentuating all my imperfections. The skin on my forehead looked a bit thick and leathery and the sun spots on my cheeks were gleaming! Not so pretty!

I'm thinking this might be better on younger skins, but it seems we older folk are the ones who really need the primer. I don't know--but something happened when this product mixed with the natural oils in my skin and it wasn't good. Definitely won't be repurchasing.

on 4/26/2012 12:58:00 AM

I like this primer a lot! I was nervous when I saw it on my hand and how shimmery it looked, but when you put it on your face it is not nearly as bad, just gives you a slight glow. I put foundation over it so any shimmer disappears. The texture is really good though, I have very dry skin and it makes my face feel really hydrated. Foundation goes on amazingly and you can actually see the difference. Also, a little goes a long way so you only need to use a tiny bit of this product. I learned that mistake the first couple times and used way too much, lol.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I don't like that it's in a tube because then you have to cut it in half to get the last of it out lol. But I love that it doesn't dry my skin out or give me breakouts. My makeup looks so much better when i use my mineral or matte foundations. It's very moisturizing & really evens out the skin tone !

on 4/19/2012 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff scared me when I first squirted some out, since it's pretty tinted and looked glittery and shiny. Even rubbed on the back of my hand I thought it looked a little too glitter ball-y. So I threw it in the back of my makeup drawer and ignored it until today.

I got to thinking about it and decided to grab this in place of my usual primer which is a bit drying. To my surprise, when applied to my face the shiny-shimmery thing toned down a lot, and after I put foundation over it, I was incredibly pleased with the result. This really does add true, lovely radiance to my face without being over the top. My skin looks moisturized, well rested, and simply glows.... even AFTER being on a plane for six hours, and even in those horrible airport bathrooms with the world's worst lighting.

I have this in a very generous sample size, which will probably take ages to run out since I tend to be too lazy to use primer most of the time, but will almost certainly purchase when I run out.

Gave a four due to the darker tint (would not wear this on my skin alone, given how pale I am, but it doesn't seem to matter under foundation) and for breakthrough shine on the nose. Not a huge deal, and I'd rather have that than a matte primer that mattifies the nose and makes the rest of my face look like the desert.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Over time I have amassed a number of primers. This one I really like as it can be worn on its own and it really makes a difference in your skin tone immediately when you apply it. It looks a bit pearly when you look at the formula but it does not show when you have applied it - you just look much more... refreshed... A generous sized tube, 50ml and easy to get just the right amount. No offensive smell. As I have quite a bit of primers to finish it will take a while before it is time to re-purchas, but this one is on the "get-again" list.

on 4/16/2012 1:13:00 PM

I Love it! I was not looking for a primer nor did I want to add another step to my morning make up routine. ~~BUT~~ Thank goodness the lovely girls at Sephora gave me a sample of this wonderful primer. After using up the sample, I was hooked! My skin is getting drier as I'm getting older and this primer gives me the glow that I want. I use it under my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I highly recommend this primer especially if you have dry skin that needs a little pick me up.

Popular Primer/ Correctors