August 28, 2014 | 1335 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Radiance

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 8:47:00 AM More reviews by peaceandhope

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love this primer! I use it under my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (the illuminating one) and my skin looks exactly the way I want - it glows and looks almost young. (I say almost because at 58, ''young" would be a real stretch.) Definately worth the price. If you're over 45 and you have dry skin, do try this under your foundation or tinted moisturizer.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample jar of this primer from sephora before deciding if I wanted to buy it. It was pretty radiating, not hydrating. This is great for someone who has really dry skin who wants a nice sheen on their face. It is also great when used in winter not summer. However, when adding a matte foundation on top of this, the radiance totally disappears. When a dewy foundation is added on top, the radiance is still there. I dont think I'll be buying it again since there really is nothing special about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really love the way this feels on my skin, not greasy at all. It adds just enough of a subtle glow, and leaves my skin looking really healthy. Even on days where I don't wear foundation, a little of this along the tops of my cheekbones gives me more of an "alive" look. My skin is about NC20 , and I don't find it to be too dark on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Honey9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really LOVE this product!!! I love how my skin glows and everyone tells me how gorgeous my skin looks. What I like about the primer is its not a glitter illuminer or some glittery mess its a natural glow for us girls who dont want to look like a disco ball. I will always buy again !! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

On the positive side, this primer works really well under makeup and feels wonderful on my dry skin. In a week's use, it hasn't caused any breakouts. However, the finish on this is just too dark and shiny to wear alone. It's tinted with a "rose gold" color that is just a touch too dark for my NC15/Bobbi Brown Alabaster skin. Under foundation, the darkness seems okay, and it seems to add a hint of glowiness. (Or maybe that's just my wishful thinking.) This would be **perfect** if they kept the pearl/glowiness and took out the tint.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 9:04:00 AM More reviews by inneroracle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the Oil Free Primer in this line breaks me out. And, I'm used to a foundation that provides a little more radiance. I bought this directly from Laura Mercier's web site. Doesn't look like this is sold in any stores yet. This comes out of the tube looking kind of peachy with gold flints in it. I don't notice that it alters the color on my face, but I'm a beige ivory gal. I don't really even notice any shimmer on my face, even though I see it on the product. This does feel a little heavier and thicker than the other primers; however, my skin is dry so that isn't a problem. I have to say that I really like this. I have even gotten a compliment on my skin during the last week I've been using this. I don't know that I would recommend this for oily gals. I'll update if my opinion changes. Update: I stopped using because this also breaks me out. I think it is just too heavy for my skin.