Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 8/10/2014 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Fine

Until recently, I've been using the "oily/combination" formulation of this product. However, I'm finding my skin is drier than it used to be and this product actually works much better. I still get the coverage that I like, but this one blurs the fine lines where the other tends to dry out and accentuate them. Both are very affordable and comparable in quality. If you have dry or even combination skin, I would give this product a try first, and then if you're finding it too oily, switch to the BB cream for oily/combination skin. I've been quite satisfied with both.

My advice for this BB cream and really all foundation: Apply with a brush. I just use a paintbrush from an art supply store with synthetic bristles. The cream goes on evenly, you don't have to rub your oily hands on your face, and you don't waste product by soaking it up with a sponge.

on 8/10/2014 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an okay BB cream but nothing special. It gives decent coverage for a BB cream and doesn't turn orange on me. I just don't find for the price of this to be worth it. I am in love with my IT cream which is obviously more expensive but outshines this by a mile.

I would rather put the money into the IT one than this. This isn't that cheap either.

on 8/10/2014 10:26:00 AM

Really disappointing. When I first tried this product, I was impressed with the thicker consistency than I was used to with most bb creams. It gave slightly more coverage as well, but still pretty sheer and quite luminous. However, this stuff comes off at the lightest touch even with a setting powder and spray. Nearly ruined one of my favorite t shirts. On top of that, it gave me horrible acne for days afterward, and I am one of those people who rarely gets zits. At first I thought it might just be a coincidence and not the bb creams fault, but subsequent uses gave the same result. Definitely won't be repurchasing

on 8/5/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My mother gave me this BB cream in medium, so I'm not entirely sure how much it cost. That being said, I can't really complain about a free bb cream. But, I will complain about one thing. Or two.
I have very oily skin to begin with. No matter how many time I wash my face, it will still be oily in less then an hour. I have tanned skin, so a bit of oil makes me look all glowy, so I don't mind. Plus, having oily skin lowers your risk of early aging. But after applying this bb cream, I'm a bit greasy looking, and usually after applying a powder on top, it looks great. But ONLY if I apply a powder on top. But even then, through out the day the oily-ness comes back.
If it weren't for this one flaw, Garnier BB cream would be perfect. The color matches my skin tone perfectly, and I've never had a problem with coverage. But, I actually forgot about the "skin perfecting" part of it until reading these reviews. I've used it everyday for a year, and my skin is still the exact same.

on 8/3/2014 7:34:00 PM

This product looks great on your skin. It's quite cheap - drug store type. It made by skin look great. HOWEVER it smells horrible. It has a very strong scent, which gave me a headache. I would have loved it otherwise.

on 8/1/2014 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I enjoyed it very much thanks to its consistency, moisturizing feeling and overall ease of application and blenability, etc. BUT: it's light/medium shade is too dark and too yellow/orange for my neutral fair skin ton and it oxidizes. I wish they had lighter shade as well.

on 8/1/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

this was waaaay too pink. no matter how much or little i used it. the coverage was ok and it made me very oily. i didnt use it long enough to notice any kind of skin perfection.

on 7/31/2014 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought it when it first came out a few years ago...and I still have almost the whole bottle. I have yellowish/darker skin so I think I used medium. The reason I purchased it were commercials that said it will do wonders to my skin and when I first applied it I saw wonders... for five minutes. My skin seemed really more radiant and glowing but after a short time it just turned greasy looking and weird. I have nothing to cover but I could still see the coverage was bad. Before writing this review I tried it ln again after these years but nothing has changed - it still works for 5 minutes!

on 7/29/2014 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I used this about 2 years ago, in 9th grade. Back then I had WAY worst breakouts. So basically I bought this when they first putted it out in stores. Pros? Good Coverage. That's it. Literally. My skin is more of Medium/Deep or Tan, acne prone, sensitive and a combination of Normal and Oily skin ( normal on the cheeks and chin and oily in my nose and two patches under my eyes, forehead? depends on the products that I use there). When I bought this the only color they had available at Walmart was Light/Medium. The packaging is meh because it too runny to be in an aplicator like that. The smell is too perfumy and every time I applied it gave me severe nasal allergies. It also broke me out TREMENDOUSLY. In ALL of my face. On top of that it gave me a really GREASY finish. So, if you have combo/oily acne-prone skin DO NOT RECOMMEND!! Thanks to this now I hate the WHOLE brand :/

on 7/27/2014 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Horrible! Hated it! Eww!

So I got this as a gift from my mom because like everyone else she fell for the advertising and hype. she got me the shade medium.

Well the price is good for a bb cream but you see this is not a bb cream this is bottle crap so it's too expensive.

The packaging is meh

The actual product smells weird, felt greasy on my SUPER DRY SKIN *gasp* and it made me look ashy though I felt greasy.

So no, just no