July 25, 2014 | 1154 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup (2011 Formulation)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by tianfang01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Excellent product! very good coverage yet it give a nice natural satin finish. covers like estee lauder double wear but i feel this gives a more beautiful finish and it does not cake up after powder. The foundation works well with my oily/combi skin seems to look even more beautiful after a few hrs wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by msfrost

Why oh why do I try fantastic products and end up with two HGs?? My first HG is Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light.

Background on how I found Diorskin Forever:
-- I went on holiday to Vegas and found that I forgot my foundation home. Terrible, because I was meant to leave the hotel and stay away from my makeup bag for 10 HOURS until I returned at very late hours at night. That meant that I needed flawless skin for the better part of the day in windy, hot, dry weather. As much as I like to think that I have good skin, I needed some sort of foundation for that! I promptly went to repurchase Double Wear, but there wasn't any Estee Lauder counter. I remembered I like the Diorskin Creme to Gel compact, and went to the Dior counter to ask for that one. As they didn't have my shade in stock, the SA offered me this. I was getting desperate and took a leap of faith. (I rarely purchase MU without first reading reviews on it...) --

Fast forward to now and this is a MUST for me. How did I manage to look pretty without this miracle foundation?? How do I even explain the finish? It's glowy, not dewy, not matte, perfect, like my own skin but a lot better. You just have to try it on your own face. It photographs beautifully too. Plus, it doesn't feel as if you're wearing anything! That's new. I love the ELDW but in hot weather I do feel it's a bit heavy. Not Diorskin Forever, it blended with my skin and made it ten times prettier.

The packaging is gorgeous, it's a glass bottle (a bit heavy for traveling, I'll give you that) with a silver pump, and a dark blue lid. You shake it, then use a pump or two to cover your entire face. Very clean and simple.

When you apply it, it smells floral. I personally love the scent, but some may not like it. The consistency is very liquid. The coverage is medium. Once you apply it, it blends easily and bam! Perfect skin instantly. I don't even set with powder, as I don't want to alter the finish. I don't have oily skin, so I can't comment on oiliness. It didn't oxidize or fade or anything.

The lasting power was amazing, it stayed all the time I needed it to stay (I did use a primer that one day), but I've found that it lasts all day long even by itself. Gorgeousness in a bottle.

I will repurchase forever. (pun intended)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Walko

Is it just me or is nobody else concerned about the amount of alcohol in this stuff?This is actually a lovely foundation, I used half a bottle until I read on beautypedia this amount of alcohol is damaging to skin.And no, I don't beleive everything I read but this makes sense to me so I tossed the remainder out. It's just not worth the risk.It's also highly fragranced.It may make skin look nice ,but at what cost?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by covenant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using GA Maestro foundation for the last year. While it is a lovely foundation, I think my slightly combination skin just didn't work with it. So I started the hunt for something that covered nicely (I have pretty great skin for early 40's. Yay for suncreen!), looked natural, and most of all, stayed in place all day without getting splotchy/greasy looking. After trying about 5, I think I've found a winner. This stuff makes my skin look nearly flawless. It goes on like a dream, not even much need for concealer, and at the end of the day, I might be *slightly* oily, but this is not separating - at all - not pulling into fine lines...just amazing.

I am NW15, so Forever's lightest color - 010/Ivory - is still slightly dark for me, but because it isn't a heavy foundation, and sheers out so evenly, I can get away with it. That said, I'd be ecstatic if they released a lighter shade.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MissFoxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is lovely. I have an oily t zone and this foundation just glides on, and gives me an even matte finish all day long. But without that cakey look. I even find that I don't need to wear powder with this, maybe just abit of bronzer.I would describe it as medium coverage, and the colour range is excellent! A must have for all you oily skinned girls!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot understand the great reviews for this product. I just found out that my Urban Decay Naked skin foundation was breaking me out BIG time, so I did a lot of research and decided to try this foundation. I first was "matched" to Medium Beige (030). For reference, I am a NC25-30. This turned me a reddish/ruddy color of sorts. I went back to try a different color. The second SA couldn't believe the first SA matched me to 030 and said I was definitely a Sand (031) since I have yellow/gold undertones. This time my skin turned a yellow/orange color that could not possibly match anything that a human skin color could ever be. I actually had to laugh a little when I applied it because it was so off. Can't attest to anything past that because I washed it off immediately. Glad Nordstrom takes returns because this is an awfully expensive product that is completely as unnatural as it can get. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by lovelyKk

I was surprised by this foundation. Expected it to feel heavy, it is actually a very creamy texture, is easy to blend/apply, but offers full coverage that doesn't look cakey at all. I am a big fan of Dior products and this one did not disappoint. This would be great for night owls; bartenders, anyone who wants to party the whole night through with their makeup looking perfect all evening. Looks great in photos, flash photos too. Would not wear during the day just because it is a bit much and doesn't look very natural. Every girl should have foundations for every occasion, and this one should definitely be in your makeup box.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

This is hands down, one of the BEST foundations I've ever bought. I think I've found my HG. This foundation does not oxidize or turn me orange, I found a perfect color match, no breakouts, this goes on so smooth, covers ALL flaws; yet looks natural, does not make my face cakey, gives me a poreless/flawless complexion, stays put ALL DAY & does NOT ever make my face oily. I don't even need to use powder, at all! This foundation is so light, I forget Iam wearing foundation. This is literally, my perfect foundation. I also love the fact this this is a foundation with a pump & this smells amazing (& I have never said/thought that about any other foundation before). This foundation is expensive, but worth every penny! I will definitely continue to buy this! As you can probably tell, Iam VERY pleased with my purchase. I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by sdrogers85

I'm OBSESSED with this foundation! I'm in the color 023 peach and I think I'm about an NC/NW 30 bc I'm self tanning. This is a perfect match, no oxidation issues for me, and no wierd flash back issues. It has spf 25, which is more then what I normally see in other foundations. It's phenomenal on the skin, looks flawless and covers all my acne scarring and glides on like a dream. It dries to the touch quickly. The finish is matte but with a glow :-) it doesn't look heavy or cakey, even if you wanted to layer over some areas. I recommend this to anyone with normal to oily to acne prone skin! HG STATUS

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Gabrielle55

I've been using this foundation in 020 for so long, because every time i'm thinking about changing it i am disappointed with my new purchase.
I love the SPF factor (25) which is high for a foundation and the fact that it can be applied in multiple layers till you get your desired coverage. Plus, it can be applied using basically any method you like (sponge/brush/fingers) and it really stays in place ( i used it at the pool and it was still there after many hours) unless you rub it off.
On the other hand, the reason why i constantly try to find smth better is the fact that it oxidizes really nasty and it turns orange minutes after you apply it. I also tried the 022 and 010 and they react the same. I was really disappointed when i purchased the matching compact powder (020) which is even more "orange'y"
I gave it a 5 for the package. As many of you already know, cosmetic products that are packed in "open" bottles ( like Estee Lauder Double-wear) get contaminated very easily with bacteria even if you wash your hands before applying them, so i definitely love that Dior Forever comes in a package that protects the content.