July 22, 2014 | 1300 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Perfection Lumiere

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this. It makes dry areas stand out and did not help with my oil control. It oxidized HORRIBLY. My mom borrowed mine for an engagement party and her face looked way off in the pictures. Her face got way darker than her body! I lookedat her and you could clearly see where it oxidized. I let my friend use it and the sane happened to her. This product is NOT worth the money. You can get something better for cheaper. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by shushupopopipi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

What drew me to this foundation at first was its luxurious satiny texture and the fact that it was a perfect colour match for my skin.

Provided that your skin is adequately hydrated (without dry patches), it blends seamlessly. My skin looks the most natural with this foundation. Oil production is reduced but radiance is maintained.

Coverage is light to medium and buildable. You only need a pump to even skin tone, but it obviously won't replace concealer.

The first days I tried the foundation, the weather was very windy and my skin was dry and parched. Perfection Lumiere didn't suit me at all when my skin was in that condition, settling on and slightly accentuating dry patches, and making my skin feel a little uncomfortable. Aside from this, it still looked produced a natural airbrushed finish on my skin.

After fixing my dry skin with a hydrating mask, I warily tried the foundation again. It settled beautifully and smoothly on my skin. My skin felt comfortable, without the tightness that it had before.

It has never made me break out (it is my 3rd week using it).

Thus, I recommend this product for individuals with normal to oily skin. It's my favourite foundation because of its natural finish and beautiful texture. The floral rose scent may bug some people but I quite like it.

If you have dry skin, I recommend the use of overnight hydrating masks beforehand. And perhaps alternating using Perfection Lumiere and a more hydrating foundation, until your skin texture improves.

The price, at about $85 AUD in Australia, is worth it due to how little one uses each time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

Preface: On the hunt for perfect foundation. I have fair, dry-combination skin, with a few red marks in my cheek/nose area. Other than that, I do not need a full-coverage product, just something that evens, covers where it needs to, and sinks into my skin correctly.

I'm going to start with the good -- I was impressed with this foundation's coverage, especially of my red areas, for being a light coverage makeup. It feels very natural on, not like I am wearing makeup at all. Also, this foundation finished with an extremely matte finish -- I didn't even need to follow up with powder -- which is almost unheard of for the other products I've used.
But I suppose this is where the problem arises; this literally clung to every single pore on my face, and some I didn't even know I had. It will blend, but it just sits on each pore, and almost makes my face look powdery because of it. I've tried blending with lotion to no avail, which is sad, because I do like everything else about this product. Maybe this was made for pore-less people (mine aren't that big to begin with, and I use primer). But the pore/powdery situation is so bad that my face looks extremely winter-dry (even in my oily spots!)

Bottom line: Maybe this will work for you if you have SUPER oily skin. The coverage is wonderful, but the fact that my face looks like one big pore means that I can't repurchase, and I can't promote buying this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by geishadollbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation especially in the summer time. I live in the desert where temperatures can get up to 115 degrees. when I put this foundation on it last all day. I use Laura geller spackle primer or monistat dry relief gel both work perfect. ive also used smashbox and mac prep and prime primer. all seems to be a good combination with this foundation. ive tried some many foundations and this is by far my favorite. it is a little pricey but well worth it. I have super sensitive skin and it doesn't break me out. this is my new summer routine foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Bellsss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I only tried a sample of this but I have very oily skin at 16 years old. This has been the only one that has taken care of that to some degree. I have used Clarins Everlasting foundation and sampled Laura Mercier's Supreme foundation and Lancome's Ultra Teinte 24 Hour. The scent is very classy to me and it is probably the liquid-est one I've tried. It goes on very matte, almost a little too much, but later turns into a nicer satin-matte finish. I really love it! I wish it was as much as the Lancôme one because they're really amazing so I don't know which one to choose! I'm leaning more towards this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Misspoiltes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

How to make this product pay for itself: 1. Buy your exact shade at a Chanel counter 2. If you have dry skin, apply moisturizer first. I promise you'll like it. It has a lot of product inside for paying $54 for it, and it should stick around for a while. Literally gives a flawless finish and smells nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by gabie2real

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, so to start off, I had originally tired this foundation a while ago when I wasn't really into primer or using a good moisturizer and the foundation completely came off my face and just looked very bad, especially since I need something that will last me about 8 hours and with Florida's heat. So, I returned it. I've been trying so many foundations to find the perfect one for my skin type ( very dry but oily on t-zone). With my dry face, I had dry patches that were so embarrassing and even covering them up you could still see them, regardless of how much hydrating moisturizer I put on. So very recently, I bought a really good hydrating primer (Smashbox) and I've also been using a good moisturizer for my dry areas. I went to Chanel to get a complete makeover, which was fantastic. The artist told me Perfection Luminere would be great for my skin because yes it might be a light coverage foundation (I do breakout so I'm very skeptical about light coverage foundations) but that it would also cover very good and last almost all day. I've been using it a few days now and I am completely in love. This foundation is amazing and definitely helps with my dry skin. I recommend getting the Chanel Blending brush #7 for this foundation. It seriously leaves a flawless finish. Yes, this makeup is expensive, but you are paying for the name and the high quality makeup, so keep that in mind. And if you don't like it, just keep the receipt. I've always done that with all the makeup I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by gamzeee

I have acne prone skin and this it one of the few foundations that hasn't broken me out, not even once!! Needs to be applied on moisturized skin. Applied best with a brush or maybe a sponge. It's not thick as double wear but it covers imperfections very good. Not cakey or muddy in the end of the day. If you don't have nothing to hide skin, you should try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by funnyblossom

I got a sample of this a week ago, and got it online in B30 (I wear Bobbi Brown 3 or 3.5).. I was going to get the B20 but decided to go for a slightly darker tone. This has become my work foundation - it settles to a semi-matte finish lasts. I usually go for moisturizing foundations but I wanted a matte look. So far so good. A bit pricey but Chanel always is. Color works fine but I wouldn't use it for a very colorful look - I prefer a paler canvas when I do more colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation. It has a settle, yet pleasing scent and the packaging is the standard Chanel type packaging. I purchased this on a whim while in South Korea, so I ended up paying $72 as opposed to the retail price of $55 in the USA, but I still think it was worth every penny. This is one of the best foundations I've ever tried and I recommend it to those with normal skin who don't need full coverage (the coverage is build-able light/medium). This also dries down to a semi-powdery finish which I enjoy because a setting powder isn't necessary, though I would recommend just so it stays longer.

Pros: glass bottle with a pump top (I absolutely loathe Vitalumiere's packaging. It looks so cheap), build-able coverage, wide shade range, light scent, long lasting

Cons: I personally prefer a heavier coverage without using more than one pump

Chanel definitely was on the right track when phasing out the prolumiere to be replaced by the perfection.