August 1, 2014 | 2157 users online

Cleansers - Trader Joe's - Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I take back everything negative I said about this! The Nourish MOISTURIZER is actually what caused my skin to break out before. I recently found out that I have a rare allergy to glycerin and I was pretty desperate to find some skin care products that didn't contain it. I found this in the back of my cupboard and decided to give it another try. It's actually great! It cleans well and keeps my skin fairly clear. It's a bit drying, but I just use a light moisturizer afterward.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL REVIEW: For those with sensitive or acne-prone skin, beware! I was really excited to find this at Trader Joe's. It sounds amazing on the label and the price is great at around $5.99. I used this for 4 days and my skin didn't like it at all. The skin on my forehead became extremely congested and bumpy and I broke out in tiny, irritated whiteheads all over my cheeks. I used my previous cleanser last night and my skin has calmed down significantly. I won't be using this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by anderson781

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive tried lots of cleansers in my day. This is hands down the best cleanser i've ever used. I'm on my third bottle. The beauty of it this that it does not dry out the skin, It lightly exfoliates, it comes in a huge bottle, and its does not test on animals and contains no animal ingredients. Did I mention it is only 5.99?! You can't go wrong with this one. I wouldn't trade it for another cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I came home from school for a few months but left my face cleanser back at my college apartment. I needed to pick up a decent cleanser to get me through my time at home but didn't want to spend a lot. I picked this up for $6 and it does the job. This is a no-frills basic cleanser for everyday use; there's no invigorating scent or tingle. Mild and gentle, no fragrance, color or excess chemicals, but an effective, non-drying cleanser. It's not exactly tear-free but I noticed that I no longer need to use face scrub on a weekly basis due to its mild exfoliating properties. The experience is similar to using cetaphil but it's thicker, lathers better, and leaves no residue after washing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

no fragrance, no dryness = no irritation. Good alternative for the Clinique liquid facial cleanser in price and quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Great at cleansing and taking off makeup, including stubborn mascara...but it was drying on my slightly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I pumped out too much the first time, it felt like Elmers Glue on my face! Next time I used this I was more careful with the amount, I really like it. It's not irritating, it doesn't smell weird, it cleaned my face gently and it didn't break me out. Given the price is so reasonable, I'll be using this for a long time to come.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by rallu

It was ok...removed my makeup, didn't leave any annoying film on my face, removed sunscreen too but left my face a little dry. Didn't do anything great for my face except cleaning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 5:52:00 PM More reviews by countrycats

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has actually bumped Purity out of it's 10 year HG status for me..

Gentle,removes make-up well.nice foam and cheap...5.99 for 8.45oz!

Good quality pump bottle

Try this! If you don't like for face you can always use as a hand soap and reuse the bottle for something when it's empty

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by poikilotherm

Really, really loving this cleanser. I prefer foaming cleansers, and this one is the least drying of all I have tried. I've been using CeraVe Foaming (which i still love) but it dries out your skin more than this one.
For reference, I have combo skin that has a tendency to get oily at the end of the day.
This cleans well, doesn't dry, and the best part about it is the ingredients! Tonsss of antioxidants. Coupled with other antioxidants in your regimen, like witch hazel, this is sure to keep your skin looking radiant and young.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this cleanser a lot. It has a mild formula, is full of antioxidants, and I like that it is unscented. I also like that it is inexpensive and readily available. Although it is not *quite* as gentle as my Burt's Bees Soapbark Chamomile cleanser, it does do a better job of removing makeup. It is also a couple of dollars cheaper. And, it doesn't dry out my skin excessively, even in cold weather. I think I still prefer the Burt's Bees cleanser overall, but will likely repurchase this cleanser for the aforementioned reasons, and would recommend it for almost any skin type. EDIT: I have been using this cleanser for over a month now and my acne scars around my chin area are fading! I credit that to this cleanser. Will def. be repurchasing this product :)