Trader Joe's Nourish All in One Facial Cleanser

4.1

Aqua, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium PEG-12 Dimethicone Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Panthenol (Vit. B5), Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Phytonadione (Vit. K), Alpha Lipoic Acid, Coenzyme Q-10, Green Tea Extract, Copper Peptides, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I read on a blog that this face wash was developed by a very well known dermatologist, and that it's actually exactly the same formula as a $50 face wash sold in the dermatologist's line of luxury skin care products. I don't know whether this is true or not, but I do love this product. It is very gentle and it doesn't sting my eyes at all. It makes my face feel squeaky clean without overdrying. It builds up a nice foam. I love that it's cheap. My only complaints are that unlike most Trader Joe's products it contains more preservatives, and when I rinse it off it feels like it leaves a residue, but I might just be imagining that. I would recommend this for people with oily and acne prone skin, like me. It has helped to keep my acne at bay, and since it's not stripping it doesn't overdry my face and cause my skin to produce more oil. Definitely a good buy!

This has changed my life! I am early 30's, and have broken out since I was 11. I have been to countless dermatologists, microdermabrasion, facials, and have tried anything and everything at the hopes of clear skin. After using this cleanser, my skin is actually pretty! And...I've never had pretty skin..ever) I don't break out anymore and my skin tone is so much more even. I don't even wear much foundation anymore, just don't need it. Try this, for under $10, what do you have to lose? :)

Since I rarely shop at TJ's I knew nothing of this cleanser. My skin twin here on MUA sent me a bottle of it and gave it high marks. Since our skin types are very similar, I knew it would not hurt, but wanted to do a little extra research to completely satisfy my curiosity.

First, the doctor. who worked with TJ's on the cleanser is a real dermatologist, but has remained nameless. Why? Because he sells the same cleanser in his office and that version does not have half the anti-oxidants that his version does. This is not from TJ's website, but an unrelated site. I would imagine he wants to remain anonymous for this reason alone.

He's going to make his money at his office anyway, but I still admire his input. So I've had the cleanser for about a week now and I have nothing but good things to write about. My skin is oily/acne sensitive/aging. I don't use complicated cleansers to clean it. I save the actives for topicals.

It's fresh and clean smelling. It reminds me a little of Neutrogena's unscented. It's 8.45 ounces for $5.99. One pump is plenty. It lathers well, rinses cleanly and is not sticky or tacky after a good rinse. The bottle reads "Cleanser, Exfoliant, Tearless and Antioxidant Rich. I agree with all of the claims made here. It's a great, basic product that I can depend on not to break out or dry out my skin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This did not work for my skin. It dried it out and I developed a few deep bumps from it. It was even worse for my fiance (who has dry, acne prone skin). I tried using it to clean my brushes and it dried those out like no other too, in fact a couple of them were ruined. However! it is far and away the best eye makeup remover I've ever used. It gets off even my most stubborn eye makeup. Because I just use it on my eyes it doesn't break me out. I will continue to purchase solely to use as MU remover. Not to mention it lasts forever that way, I only need half a pump to get everything off. Very wallet friendly.

The best thing I have ever done for my skin is switch to only trader joes skin care. This cleanser paired with the enrich moisturizer work beautifully to keep my skin clean, soft, and clear (which never happens!) Will buy again!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great cleanser! I will buy this for as long as they sell it.
I'm used to being disappointed in cleansers that either irritate, smell like cheap perfume, don't work, or all three. So when I tried this one and it worked so well, so effortlessly, it was almost kind of eerie :-)
I have reactive, thin dry skin and it is smooth and calm after using this cleanser. I even tried applying it to dry skin as the label advises, and it works beautifully. No detectable smell whatsoever.
This product is a steal!

I love this product! I have sensitive combination skin and I normally use Clinique mild facial soap. I wanted to find a cheaper alternative and decided to try this out after reading such good reviews! It was only $5.99 (compared to Clinique's $15-$20) and I feel like they work similarly. It gives my face a squeaky clean feeling and prepares my face for a SPF moisturizer. I love that it doesn't have a strong fragrance and a small amount foams up very well. The only thing I don't like would be the packaging... it looks more like a hand soap dispenser than a face cleanser!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review is written after one month of using this product.

I have sensitive, acne-prone, oily skin. I had just finished reading a book on skin care and they recommended using a gentle, fragrance free, exfoliating, gel cleanser for my skin type, so when I saw this at Trader Joe's I decided to go for it.

It has done wonders for my face. I use it with a clean washcloth every night and morning and my skin is looking a lot better than it ever has. It gets my skin clean without making it feel tight or overly dried out. It has helped clear up my forehead and just does a great job at what its suppose to do. I'll have to keep an eye on it though as lately I have noticed my face becoming a little more dryer, but that could be a number of other things.

I wonder what this product was originally packaged under as one of the girls working at Trader Joe's told me this product is sold at around $20 under a different name in other stores, but she didn't say what the name was. If this works for you, its an incredible value for $6. I love that it has a pump so there's less chance of contamination.

So for now, a solid 5/5 from me. I will update if something changes my opinion.
-------
UPDATE:
Sadly, I've noticed that this does tend to dry out my skin more than I'd like. It was great at first and I didn't notice any drying. But over time I noticed my skin feeling very tight and too shiny after every wash. Even after applying moisturizer I still feel tight in certain places.

Too bad, this has almost all the properties in a cleanser that I was hoping and looking for and I was hoping this would be HG for me. I think the problem lies in the foaming agent, as foaming products will dry the skin out. I'm going to try mixing in a drop or two of jojoba oil when I use this and see how it goes

EDIT 08/11/12: This has gone back to being a HG item for me. I've stopped using the washcloth and have mixed in a drop of jojoba oil with this every time I cleanse and my skin has never looked better.

FINAL EDIT 12/25/2013: Its been a while since I've used this cleanser and I thought I should update my review as I find it helpful to see if products make it for the long haul. This is a great product, a really good basic for those looking for a basic cleanser. I will say that if you are especially oily this may be a little too gentle for you, which is why I switched it out for my current HG product Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. I've been using that one for a year now and its replaced this product as a staple in my skin routine, but had that not worked out for me then I would still be using this today.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love this cleanser. I have acne prone but very reactive skin prone to SD and PD. This does not bother either of these skin conditions. It is a bit drying so I will probably one use it during the summer. Nice price and good ingredients.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Thank you to all of you on makeupalley! This is the best all around face cleanser. Does not dry out my skin (even though it looks as if it would). Gets off all of my makeup in one wash if i first rub it into DRY skin. That is what really seems to help with any of the waterproof makeup breaking up. Also, I saw a previous reviewer had a problem with the pump. I finally figured it out b/c I thought mine was broken too. The screw top needs to be on really tight and then you will be able to twist the pump part to open it! I even hold the screw top part in position while twisting the pump part - popped right up and works fine. This is a steal and i have purchased for every bathroom in our haouse and recommended it to all of my friends who have troubled (or even just normal skin)!!
UPDATE: 10/4/2012 STILL LOVING THIS STUFF> I do find though that you have to rinse off really well to avoid any tightness. I have replaced all face cleansers in our house with this one. SOOOO worth it!