July 22, 2014 | 1835 users online

Conditioner - LUSH - Coolaulin conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2007 12:44:00 AM More reviews by irule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unlike other users, I found this product not to be moisturizing at all. I needed to use a detangling spray afterwards. But the smell has me completely hooked so I will be buying it again. I love the way it lingers in my hair. Such a pleasant coconut smell, it reminds me of the beach.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by chromeup

I didn't like the smell at first but now I am enchanted. My hair now feels more like Goldie Hawn and less like a freight hopping transient with a hay bale pillow. It smells really good on my boyfriend too, and is the best thing for his light, curly locks. I have to resist the urge to use it as a body wash, due to the price.

Coconut and lemon? Kurt and Goldie.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2007 7:13:00 PM More reviews by meh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The coconut fragrance of this conditioner is not synthetic, so it smells a bit... strange. Once hair is washed and dried then the coconut fragrance starts to really shine. As far as conditioning ability, I think it is excellent at moisturizing hair. Maybe a bit too effective in that department as it weighs down my fine hair a bit more than I prefer. It's fair at detangling, and gives plenty of shine. The natural coconut fragrance is truly delicious and seems to last all day. If you are sensitive/allergic to Lanolin you should try Veganese instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by ohmysock

I really didn't like the smell of this. it's the only lush product whose scent i haven't enjoyed. As for conditioning.. it made my hair soft, but nothing out of the ordinary.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2007 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Scarlettfish

I'm one of the few here who absolutely love the smell of this conditioner - I've been sniffing my hair all day. It felt rather thin to the touch, as others have mentioned, but it made my skin almost completely tangle-free (which is virtually unheard of for my thick mop of frizz), and so soft. Will definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by dragonfly_red

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Apparently tastes are different. I happen to love the smell of Coolaulin conditioner. It smells very true to a coconut, not coconut candies, perfumes or Pina Colada, just plain, freshly opened coconut with some green vetiver and no sweetness. At the same time, my fine, easy to tangle hair, loves that conditioner as well. There are very few things that work for me and this is one of them. I've tried many fancy and not, natural and not hair products, and most of them, especially the detanglers, do not work for my hair at all. They make it as messy as ever and I have very hard times combing it afterwards. Coolaulin is one of the few that leave my hair clean, nice, naturally smelling and tangle free. LOVE IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Sakuru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

There is something to be said about the mixture of vetiver and coconut that combines perfectly to form the exact scent of wet cardboard. I am willing to bypass the fragrance if the product has a decent performance rate.

However, I purchased a big 16 oz. bottle of this based on raves and it really didn't do much for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2007 11:17:00 AM More reviews by IssyLM

I adore coconut, but like so many other reviewers here I can't STAND the smell of this conditioner!!! Wet dogs, wet cardboard and smoke in a bottle. It was such a disappointment, I really wanted to love it. Leaving the revolting smell on one side for a second though, LUSH conditioners take a lot of getting used to in terms of performance and this one is no exception - you don't get the 'slip' while your hair is wet compared to normal conditioners but this usual resolves itself (at least for me) once my hair is dry. In terms of getting the job done, Coolaulin is fair to poor for my hair and I definitely won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by Jaclynf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a picky person when it comes to my hair - you wouldn't believe how vain I can be! - and I thought that it'd be impossible to find anything as good as the Redken All Soft range, which was my previous HG. However, I was walking past Lush today when I remembered that I needed new shampoo and conditioner so I walked in and grabbed both Trichomania and Coolaulin.

Got home and, of course, I had to jump in the shower and try it! Coolaulin does feel thin when it goes on and you do find yourself wondering if you need to put more on your hair but resist the temptation to! I was a little concerned after I washed the conditioner out, as my hair felt a little "scratchy" but after blowdrying my hair, I was amazed at how soft and light it felt! And it had an amazing amount of shine - the same amount of shine that I can usually only achieve by adding a shine serum of some sort. Tip: use a tiny, tiny bit of Coolaulin as a leave in conditioner - it just finishes things off nicely.

I don't know where other reviewers are getting the "smoky" scent from - on my hair it smells sweet, light, and like natural coconut. I've got a definite case of the "sniffs" now, though!

Oh, and just to describe the texture of my hair - all I have to say is that my dad has afro hair, and my mum has thick, straight hair. Basically, I've got thick, coarse, straight hair - and a lot of it! Coolaulin seems to be perfect for it - the "crunchy" bits at the end of my layers are disappearing already!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2007 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Leah1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a gift..the smell is kinda funky almost sour like, and it left my hair knotty in the shower I had to use other conditioner. Overall, it did nothing for my thick wavy hair, I returned it