October 1, 2014 | 1330 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by vassy0909

The best brush for liquid foundation. It gives airbrushed finish, it doesn't absorb much product. I have large pores and wrinkles and this brush really covers evenly and makes me look very natural even when i look at my self in the 10x magnifiing mirror

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by RachelMarieNails

I bought this product when I saw it being rec'd on the makeup board.
I bought it on a whim since I had only tried 1 or 2 foundation brushes in the past. I absolutely fell in love with this brush.
It's about half the size of my other full sized brushes but I find that it makes it easier to work with. It applies my foundation very evenly and smooth looking!
I was honestly giddy when I first did my makeup with this brush.
I will say that the only downside to this brush is it is VERY VERY VERY hard to get fully clean.
I spot clean it daily and when I deep clean it- it takes a lot of time to get it to a good clean feeling. I think it is because it is so dense.
Absolutely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

This is great for cream foundations... But is really small. I wish they brush was a bit bigger.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It's a great brush. It does a perfect job of achieving an airbrushed, even foundation look, but I can not figure out how to clean it!
I was told to rinse it in mild soap. I did this and it still holds product, but now smells like soap lol and has dried all straggly like.
So I used MAC brush cleaner, but the density of the brush still holds product :( Maybe I'm just really bad at washing brushes lol! Once I master the art of washing this i will be happy.
Until then I will keep using my Lancome one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by heypretty911

I first saw this brush about a year ago at the Shiseido counter at my local mall. Even at first sight, I had a suspicion that this brush would do a good job --really just a hunch based purely on the design and my past experiences with other foundation brushes. I'm one of those ladies who keep finding new things to try just to see if there's something better out there despite already using what could be considered "HG". I put off buying the brush though, thinking that when the ones I already had got worn out, I could come back and get this. Less than a year later, I read on a blog that a girl was having a hard time finding Shiseido's Perfect Foundation Brush during her trip to Japan because it was sold out everywhere. My curiosity was once again piqued. I finally went to the counter and allowed the SA to apply a minimal amount of foundation with this brush. Even just by looking at what was blended into the skin on my arm, I could tell that this brush surpasses others I'd used. Its immense bristle density is a real delight since the brush will leave no streaks after you blend the foundation into your skin. On my first try at home, I applied Lunasol's liquid foundation with this brush and I was amazed by the excellent pick-up and the results-- so sheer, so smooth, no streaks. I then used it to apply Kanebo Impress's cream foundation, which has a much thicker consistency, and the results were even more awesome. My conclusion? Forget about buying other foundation brushes, this is THE ONE! It certainly lives up to its name. PERFECT! I now own two of these and would buy more if I didn't already have like six foundation brushes by other brands. Le sigh ... One downside though, or two actually. It's rather pricey (but definitely worth it!) and it is a real pain to clean because of the density of the bristles. Still, I would buy this again and again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sarsonator

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Flippin' genius. I shied away from foundation because it always looked cakey or unnatural. This angled brush is my new favorite tool! I am using the Shiseido perfect refining foundation, but the brush is just as awesome with Nars sheer. I dot the foundation on my face first and tap it around with my fingertips, then use the brush to blend, stipple and smooth. The size is perfect for around eyes and nose. I can't say enough good things about this brush. If I had to be without it, I think I'd just go back to tinted moisturizers because I'm not confident I could get the awesome natural finish with my hands or a sponge!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lilviv218

I typically don't like to use foundation brushes because I often get streak marks. I usually opt for my beauty blender. But my curiosity was peaked due all the rave surrounding this foundation brush. And I can definitely say it does live up to its potential. The bristles are soft and at an angle, making it very easy to get into the areas that surround your eyes and nose. The short handle allows you control your movements easier. There are no streak marks left, I'm left with a flawless natural look. This foundation brush definitely does not disappoint. If you are in need of a foundation brush, hands down purchase the Shiseido perfect foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this to stipple my foundation on and then buff it into my skin afterwards and this brush is the absolute truth! The bristles/ hairs ( whichever) are like silk and they're densely packed which I love. This brush keeps liquid foundation right at the tips so that you dont waste product within the brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

Update April 6, 2014: This until today is my top HG brush. Nothing tops it in terms of the finish, the versatility, and the ease of application. I have large pores. I found that this brush, out of all the brushes I have, spreads my liquid foundation most beautifully over my pores.

One thing one needs to bear in mind with this brush is that it needs to be cleaned very thoroughly to work its best. Otherwise the bristles tend to loose their softness and move very collectively (because they are glued together by the foundation that's left on it...) Because it's such a dense brush, it could be difficult to clean at times. I personally just use a bar soup. It works well with the synthetic fibers of this brush. I find that sometimes I have to foam and rinse up to 6 times to completely get all of the liquid foundation residuals off the fibers (you can tell from the color of the foam). Still, I have no complaints because it's a price I'm willing to pay for the quality of the brush.

Before I decided to by this brush, I actually have already got two similar ones from other lower-end brands. I was debating with myself because the price of the Shiseido one is much higher than those two combined. But I'm glad that I picked it up eventually. What I like the most about this brush is that your foundation routine can truely be effortless with it and you can get a beautiful finish. The density and softness of the hair, the handle and the size of the brush are just perfect, which is why it enables such effortless application. It's also very versatile. You can use it with all kinds of formulas--cream, liquid, power, etc. The only thing I don't quite understand is that it says on the packaging that the brush should not be used to apply water-resistant foundations. I used it with the Shiseido Sun Protection Foundation (it's a water-proof foundation) and it worked fine, so I don't quite get why the packaging says that.

It's a great brush although it's a bit pricy. I'd say it's worth every penny. I highly recommend it. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS BRUSH--NOW. People keep saying the Sigma F80 is the must have foundation brush, nope, THIS is THE BEST foundation brush out there! The brush claims to be multi-purpose and can be used for any type of foundation and concealer because it's the right size, not to big where you can't get into the smaller areas around your eyes and nose and not to small wherein it takes absolutely forever to finish your foundation routine. I have used so many foundation brushes--both high end end low end ones and I have never found a brush that gave me such ease in applying any type of foundation--from the watery ones that you have to blend immediately, to the thick ones that takes you'd have to carefully buff into your skin.
It is seriously your magic wand in giving you that flawless airbrushed finish, no matter how crappy your foundation is. I would definitely buy more of these in case my other one is dirty because I cannot go back to using my other brushes in apply my foundation.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No