April 16, 2014 | 2015 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Perfect Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lilviv218

I typically don't like to use foundation brushes because I often get streak marks. I usually opt for my beauty blender. But my curiosity was peaked due all the rave surrounding this foundation brush. And I can definitely say it does live up to its potential. The bristles are soft and at an angle, making it very easy to get into the areas that surround your eyes and nose. The short handle allows you control your movements easier. There are no streak marks left, I'm left with a flawless natural look. This foundation brush definitely does not disappoint. If you are in need of a foundation brush, hands down purchase the Shiseido perfect foundation brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by kaelores

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this to stipple my foundation on and then buff it into my skin afterwards and this brush is the absolute truth! The bristles/ hairs ( whichever) are like silk and they're densely packed which I love. This brush keeps liquid foundation right at the tips so that you dont waste product within the brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 7:45:00 AM More reviews by tatcuya114

Update April 6, 2014: This until today is my top HG brush. Nothing tops it in terms of the finish, the versatility, and the ease of application. I have large pores. I found that this brush, out of all the brushes I have, spreads my liquid foundation most beautifully over my pores.

One thing one needs to bear in mind with this brush is that it needs to be cleaned very thoroughly to work its best. Otherwise the bristles tend to loose their softness and move very collectively (because they are glued together by the foundation that's left on it...) Because it's such a dense brush, it could be difficult to clean at times. I personally just use a bar soup. It works well with the synthetic fibers of this brush. I find that sometimes I have to foam and rinse up to 6 times to completely get all of the liquid foundation residuals off the fibers (you can tell from the color of the foam). Still, I have no complaints because it's a price I'm willing to pay for the quality of the brush.

Before I decided to by this brush, I actually have already got two similar ones from other lower-end brands. I was debating with myself because the price of the Shiseido one is much higher than those two combined. But I'm glad that I picked it up eventually. What I like the most about this brush is that your foundation routine can truely be effortless with it and you can get a beautiful finish. The density and softness of the hair, the handle and the size of the brush are just perfect, which is why it enables such effortless application. It's also very versatile. You can use it with all kinds of formulas--cream, liquid, power, etc. The only thing I don't quite understand is that it says on the packaging that the brush should not be used to apply water-resistant foundations. I used it with the Shiseido Sun Protection Foundation (it's a water-proof foundation) and it worked fine, so I don't quite get why the packaging says that.

It's a great brush although it's a bit pricy. I'd say it's worth every penny. I highly recommend it. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS BRUSH--NOW. People keep saying the Sigma F80 is the must have foundation brush, nope, THIS is THE BEST foundation brush out there! The brush claims to be multi-purpose and can be used for any type of foundation and concealer because it's the right size, not to big where you can't get into the smaller areas around your eyes and nose and not to small wherein it takes absolutely forever to finish your foundation routine. I have used so many foundation brushes--both high end end low end ones and I have never found a brush that gave me such ease in applying any type of foundation--from the watery ones that you have to blend immediately, to the thick ones that takes you'd have to carefully buff into your skin.
It is seriously your magic wand in giving you that flawless airbrushed finish, no matter how crappy your foundation is. I would definitely buy more of these in case my other one is dirty because I cannot go back to using my other brushes in apply my foundation.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't really believe in foundation brushes. Everything I've tried left a very unattractive finish on my skin, patchy, flaky, uneven...you name it. So I've been applying my foundation with a sponge (including a BB).
Reading the reviews on this brush, and seeing that it's not that horribly expensive, I decided to give it a try. And man, am I happy I did!
It just blows everything else (including the BB) out of the water!!! I am not using anything else now.
The finish is very natural, and you can build to a full finish easily. It's even, flawless, and somehow it manages to disguise the flakes too!
The bristles are very soft, there is absolutely no scratching with this brush, and thanks to the slanted shape, it's extremely easy to apply foundation around the nose and in all those other tight spaces.
The brush itself is small, but that's a plus for me.
I've been using it with my EL DW and it doesn't seem to absorb more foundation than needed, and the bristles don't become clogged at all.
I love this brush, like I said, it replaced everything else. I will probably buy myself a backup...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best makeup brush I own! I've been using it for a couple of months, and it does an outstanding job of applying liquid foundation.

In the past, I had a hard time getting liquid foundations to look good (tried dry sponges, wet sponges, clean fingers, paddle-shaped brushes). Using this brush, I can quickly get enough coverage while avoiding the heavy mask-like look and feel I used to get. I've experimented with light to full coverage foundations and have gotten consistently excellent results.

I've also used Sonia Kashuk's flat top brush, which is also good, but I find that the larger surface area does not give me as much application control and that the longer bristles take in too much liquid foundation, even if the brush is very lightly dabbed in the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 7:44:00 PM More reviews by lma127

This make up brush is hands down the best beauty splurge I have made in a quite some time. It is everything you would want in a foundation brush. It provides a flawless , airbrushed application. You can build coverage from sheer to full with ease and the best part .. no streaks ! I was not looking to buy a new foundation brush as I have 3 in my brush collection already and wasn't unhappy with them , but I saw it as an editors top pick in a magazine and it caught my eye while browsing the cosmetic counters at the mall. I decided to take a chance and I am so happy I did. Love, love. love this brush and highly recommend !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by onlyfr33b33

I love this brush! I just started using it with the Shiseido Advanced Hydro Liquid foundation. I don't need to dab very much product at all, and it covers everything flawlessly. It is easy to build up coverage and it is so natural looking. It is so much better than the sponges that came with the foundation. The small size works really well. I travel a lot and everything needs to fit into my makeup bag.
I haven't bought any high end brushes before. I am glad I made the splurge for this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

This brush is great for Shiseido's own line of powder foundation (picks it up really well) but can also be used for any other powder foundation. The soft flat surface is great for touching up areas on your face that need a little more attention, and the angle tip also helps you get into little nooks and crannies around the nose and eye area.

I would not recommend using this brush all over your face because it would take too long to put on your makeup, but it really complements the sponge that comes with it or a large powder brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by 1986tee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great for applying liquid foundation. Brush is very soft, and creates a finish that looks like skin. Brush is small, so it gets into all the small areas to create a flawless finish. However, since the brush is small, it will take longer to apply your foundation, so a larger brush may be better if you don't have enough time. Most reached for foundation brush in my collection.