December 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Watt's Up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:05:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

Like countless other reviewers, I received this as part of the Sephora bday gift set that came with a mini They're Real mascara. Watt's Up is a good basic highlighter for me (I'm in the NC25-30 range), but I could see how this is too orange if you're really pale, or too pale/white if you have a deeper skintone. I use this under the browbone but it doesn't show up very well on my cheekbones. I think I prefer a liquid or cream illuminator over a stick product because it looks more natural, but the tube packaging will come in handy if you're applying on the go.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC10-15 and this was too dark/orange for me. It looked more like a bronzer than an illuminator against my pale skin and made my cheeks look dirty. Not a good look.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

This is a subtle highlighter, not intense buy you do see a glow. I noticed if I use it with powder blush or bronzer it strips off my blush and bronzer. I used other cream highlighters and this did not happen with them. Unfortunately this product did not work over powders but it work really nice over my cream blushes, it also worked nice for my comer eyes. I will not repurchase this product again, for the reason ELF whipped highlighter for $1 gives me the SAME effect and it works over my powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I'm reviewing the Sephora birthday gift version of this product so I can't comment on the packaging of the full size version.

I don't usually use highlighter on a regular basis, My face can get oily sometimes so I don't want to use anything that will make me look shiny, however I quite like this product. First thing I like about it is the fact that its in stick form. I can just swipe and blend with my fingers. Its really quick and easy and it actually gives a little oomph to my skin without looking greasy. The full size comes with a sponge but I don't think it is necessary. I have a pale asian complexion and the champagne color really blends in well. It looks equally nice with a tan or in my paler months. I actually like this small version because its really handy for traveling. It isn't in-your-face glittery, but there is definitely glitter in it. At some angles, you'll see direct reflection off the glitter. I prefer a natural look and this one is still ok in my books. Its not as natural as Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheers (gives more of a sheen) but its also less expensive.

I won't repurchase because I think this little version will last me quite a long time, and I'd like to try other highlighters like Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Karajulie

I love benifits packaging always the cutest ideas . Love this product , great on my checks blends well and gives u that great highlighted effect without looking like a fairy covered in glitter .

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

I usually prefer a liquid luminizer but this one works really well! It's super creamy and very blendable.

Check out my tutorial using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by menacexofxvanity

I love this stuff! Got this gem as my birthday present from Sephora. Am obsessed! It provides the perfect highlight. The directions say to apply to your cheeks and browbone. I do that, but focus more on my T-Zone (I also use it on my nose) rather than focus on the apples of my cheeks since I use blush. I also use this as a highlight for under my brow as well as on top of my brow. Gives you that perfect glow! And it looks natural; not too shimmery. Overall great product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Lisa86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I received it as a sample from Sephora, and have since purchased it. It's really versatile and I've been using it as a brow bone highlighter. It is a bit pricy, but well worth it. It glides on very easily, and is super easy to blend. This is a really great item to have and pulls my whole look together, especially mid-day when I want to touch up.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Useful, simple product. Mine was a freebie from Sephora. I'm not a huge highlighter user so probably would never have tried it otherwise. And yet... I find myself reaching for it 1-2x a week. I like to put a little swipe under my brow bone, blend just a bit with fingertips, et voila. I have deep set eyes and wear chunky glasses, and this helps to brighten that area up just a bit. I like how subtle this is, no fear of looking frosty or uber-sparkly, and the stick format is very portable and doesn't require use of any extra brushes or tools. A great pick for anyone wanting to find a basic, multipurpose, non-scary highlighter that's super easy to use.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very pale and it's really hard to find a highlighter that is lighter than my skin, that can really pop! I love highlighting, but it seems like every highlighter is the same champagne color or light gold, so this wasn't any different. However, its really creamy and my tan mom loved it, so I just gave it to her. The left two strips of Dior's Rose Diamond is perfect for highlighting, and I use the other three as a blush.