April 23, 2014 | 1935 users online

Conditioner - Aussie - Moist Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by shorty87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Hair Type: Black, naturally straight with slight waves, thin hair. tends to be oily up top and drier on the bottom.

For years, I've never bothered trying Aussie products because the purple packaging looks so tacky and the commercials with the stuffed kangaroos looked so cheesy but I was at Shoppers Drug Mart looking for conditioner and this was on sale. I usually use Pantene conditioner but since the Aussie was on sale I decided to try it. I actually ended up loving it a lot! It was winter time and my long hair was starting to get dry and frazzled at the ends and this conditioner really helped smooth it out and made my hair really soft. Leaves my hair smelling very nice too with a hint of coconut. If any of you have used the popular Aussie 3 minute deep conditioner, it smells like that. I only use this on the hair below my ears since my roots tend to get oily by mid-day. I leave it on for ~2 minutes while I wash my face and brush my teeth. I would definetly buy this again and try other Aussie products in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nancy2645893

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to love this product, but the residue is crazy. It's hard to wash off and I think once you wash it all off, your hair is no longer as soft ): I'm switching to tigi dumb blonde and garnier 3 minute undo, it leaves your hair just as soft, if not softer, without the nasty residue. The upside is that it's really cheap though. I think that if my hair was normal I would like this product more but right not it's too damaged and dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 8:20:00 AM More reviews by lvstunnah06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner has been sitting in my shower for the longest time. I used to use this on my hair, and remember it being decent-- pretty hydrating for one of the more affordable DS lines.

I've switched up my shampoo/conditioner combo many times since initially purchasing Aussie Moist, and no longer use this on my hair... BUT:

This conditioner is awesome as a shaving aid! Just work some on your legs/underarms/etc., and shave as you normally would. What it does is soften the pricklies, making it a breeze to shave, and this leaves your legs/etc. relatively smooth afterwards-- plus the smell is nice, too.

While you can use any old conditioner in your shaving routine, I use Aussie Moist-- just because I didn't have the heart to throw out a half-used bottle. However, once in a blue moon I find myself reaching for it after using a clarifying shampoo, and it works just as well as I'd remembered.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by sugarqb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't like spending too much money on things like shampoo and conditioner that just end up being washed away. So I try this at least once a year when my other conditioners stop working hoping that it'll work. Unfortunately, I don't think it helps to condition my permed, colored hair much. Don't really like the fragrance either and the top is difficult to open. I also try out the 3 Minute Miracle conditioner. I like the squeeze tube dispenser, although it doesn't seem to condition well either. Will probably go back to L'Oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss conditioner soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by natalieb

So the first time I bought this, it was good, so much that I bought a second bottle. I'v been using it for a few months and won't be buying a third bottle. I don't like the smell it's too tropical. I think that it made a huge difference because it has alot of cones in it which eventually dried out my hair with regular use. I would use this as a cheap conditioner alternative but def. not as a daily product. I now use it to shave.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by PinkSyringes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the giant pump and it made my hair smell really nice, and my hair felt soft when it dried. However, when it dried it was a big poofy mess, and really frizzy. I have medium thick hair, and a LOT of it, it is also wavy. When I used this it made my waves like just poofy and lump together and disappear. I don't understand, I really wanted to like this. The 3 minute conditioner is great though for once in a while. #justsaying

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by sherpa

I've been trying out a lot of different types of shampoos and conditioners lately and this was one I tried. I like it quite a lot - it makes my hair SUPER soft and it's really moisturizing.

I only gave it a 3 because, like a lot of other people said, it's quite heavy and I found it left a lot of residue in my hair, which weighed it down and make me look greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 6:12:00 AM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I keep coming back for the scent of this conditioner. Coconuts :)

Somewhat heavy; if I use it on my roots it builds up, but it works just fine if I use it only on the ends of my hair.

I wouldn't like it so much if it didn't smell so good and cost so little; there's nothing great about the formula. For me, it does the job as long as I don't use too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by KatieS24

Normally I am strictly a Nexus girl, but this is my alternate conditioner if I cannot find a good deal on Nexus. It hydrates and smells great! Leaves my dry hair smooth unlike some other brands. Definitely a great value.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by TryHonesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Feels amazing in the shower and smells amazing but sadly... it does not look amazing after styling.
leaves my hair looking very very damaged and full of split ends. boo :(