April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Brookestar32

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first high end mascara. For the price I was expecting something amazing. Even though this is a really good mascara, my maybelline the falsies does the exact same thing. I'm saving my money by sticking to maybelline.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by lilshaxter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a mini from the birthday set from Sephora. Even though I didn't spend any money on it, I still don't think that this product is worth the price.
I actually started using the product itself when it dried out a bit because it was way too clumpy.
Simply one coat to cover your lashes was more than enough for me and I'd have to tease apart my eyelashes to get it from clumping (what a pain!). As it wore on over the day, I had slight flakes of mascara on my cheeks that had come off my lashes.
Let's talk about the wand itself. It's big - that's cool. But my biggest peeve is the bulbous tip that doesn't do more than clump your lashes further.
Overall, this mascara gets no love from me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by morganmercer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this at a friends house once and i absolutely love it! don't love the price but I think it would be worth it. I don't like how it's such a small bottle but I definitely will buy my own :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

You know what they say, the longer the lashes, the closer to God. This stuff leaves me lashes lengthy, voluminous, and overall just pretty, so pretty in fact I can ALMOST justify spending the crap load of money they ask for this stuff.

I only bought this because the Youtube Gurus LOVE it, like these girls would sacrifice goats and sell their first born for this stuff. So I thought hey, why not? I walked into Sephora and took a look around. When I finally saw this, I was excited (partly because it was what I was looking for; but mostly because if I spent too much time in that store, I'd spend my entire college savings in one trip) The price almost got me on this one though. 23 smackaroons?!?! "This better make me look like a goddess for what I'm spending on this crap" I thought as I walked out of Sephora.

Welp, one week later, I'm sort of loving it. I probably won't repurchase (because of the price tag) but it is a really good mascara. It makes my lashes long a full without clumping. The only thing I have always been slightly disappointed with is the packaging- not that it's bad or anything, just because Benefit has the cutest packaging around, and this is very...just not as cute as it could've been, that's all I'm sayin'.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by gurlypowa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a birthday gift from Sephora... it's supposed to be their best selling mascara but I am not a fan. It's supposed to be long wearing... but that's never been a problem for me with any of the other high end mascaras I've tried. It's not as comfortable as the one I am currently using (Hourglass film noir) because it's crunchy, and I found the big brush VERY awkward to use. in fact, this morning I poked my eye when I was applying vertically to the corners. it was also harder to remove than my Hourglass mascara. The end result looked nice.. but again, nothing special compared the the others I've tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ENicB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of a birthday give away from sephora (thank you I love the store ). It's a travel/trial size which is perfect for a traveling makeup bag. It stayed on fantastically, didn't not rub off, or clump too much. Getting it off, another story I use makeup wipes go get my makeup off every night and it took the whole wipe and a lot time to get it off and my eyes were so red by the time I was done. oh well it was worth a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Cassandra246642

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So hard to remove even though it isn't waterproof. Even though it doesn't flake, smudge, and is long-lasting I don't like hassle when I am removing my makeup at night. It was even hard removing it with a oil based makeup remover. The struggle was real removing this product and you can remove eyelashes if not careful. Overall I wouldn't repurchase it again and even though the rocket mascara(non waterproof) is hard to remove. It is easier to remove the rocket than the they're real mascara. It all just depends on what you want in a mascara, and also just to add the mascara holds a curl.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Islandann

This is an absolutely amazing mascara! The formula thickens and lengthens in one application without need for a second coat. It dries rather quickly, so if you feel the need to add a second coat, do it quickly. I love the little spiky brush on the tip, it's great for reaching those wispy, little hard to reach lashes. I've never found it clumpy at all, and it leaves my lashes soft and pliable. As I mentioned before, it dries fast so keep the top on between coats and when you're not using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by philana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This and drugstore Voluminous mascara are my favorites. I am half Asian so with that comes the short straight almost non existent lashes. Its very sad. I've tried tons of different mascaras and have always gone back to Voluminous or Diorshow if I'm feeling heavy pockets (its rare) but then I found this at Sephora and could not believe how much lash I got with one coat. Its an immediate fake lash look with out having to apply coat after coat. I don't use the spiky ball end, just wiggle the brush side to side while brushing up and the brush finds and defines every tiny lash. Maybe I am so impressed because I don't think highly of the Benefit brand, no matter how cute they name their product, and this stands out for sure. I think people with the sample sizes are not getting an accurate portrayal of the product. Sample sizes always seem to be old and crusty. Get the big size and be done with it already. Buy from a store that has a no hassle return policy if you're still unsure, just don't get the trial size - you're only hurting yourself.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by eva8899

I do not understand the hype on this product. I have a sample size and have used it many different way but I find it very clumpy and flakey. There are so many drugstore mascara a that blow this stuff out if the water. Don't waste your money.