BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This mascara isn't awful, but it isn't worth the price.

Its biggest crime is that it is one of those mascaras that seems to smudge onto your eyelid no matter how carefully you apply it! :p

My lashes are long anyway, so I didn't notice much of a difference in this regard. My lashes lack curl, and this mascara did little to help in this regard.

On the plus side, it did make my lashes look thicker, and the colour is a wonderful true black (I have the black version, if you didn't guess). However, although it wasn't as clumpy as some mascaras, it gave my lashes that spidery look which I absolutely hate (even with only one coating).

It also gets quite dry and flaky by the end of the day.

Love this mascara. It doesn't smudge and holds a curl throughout the day. It makes my lashes look both long and voluminous whilst separating the lashes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This. In brown! I really love it. It makes a subtle difference that for me is just enough. I prefer my lips to make more of a statement than my eyes. My eyes are sooooo sensitive and just generally starting to look less youthful. I like that this is a little bit glossy and even though it's brown and not even brown/black it enhances my lashes enough to separate and moderately lengthen and thicken them. There arent a lot of of straight up brown mascaras out there so I plan to stick with this.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I must be allergic to this, which is strange because I've never been allergic to any makeup before. But it makes my eyes itch like holy hell. And I know it's this stuff because I've had two separate sample tubes (got the second one because I think I forgot it was this particular mascara that made me itch), and it caused discomfort both times. In fact, I'm writing this review in part to remind myself to never purchase this again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I picked this up because I wanted a bright blue mascara and I had heard good things about They're Real. At the beginning it was a great color, bold and poppy which I what I wanted. It went on smoothly and wore pretty well. The brush is ideal for definition and separation which is what I like. But I used it regularly for a few weeks and it dried out REAL fast. I'm also pretty sure it flakes because my eyes were often irritated wearing this. Not super easy to remove. I'm giving this 2 stars because for the price I paid I was really disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this mascara it really separates your lashes and all you need is two coats. I definitely will purchase this product again. It is long lasting and it dries very quickly. Your eyelashes look very long for a natural without looking clumpy. Great product. I ran out of a tube quickly. I enjoyed this product

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used at least two tubes of this so far. Pros: It does a great job on my thinning lashes, better than Definicils, and it stays on pretty well. I quit using a lash curler because it seemed like my lashes curled better just applying this with the brush. Cons: Starts clumping way too soon & the reducer has been coming out with the brush (the insert the brush passes through when you pull the brush out of the tube). Very annoying & messy to get it unstuck from the wand handle & back in the tube.

I asked for advice here on MakeupAlley (a while ago now), seeking a replacement product for a discontinued Cover Girl mascara that was rock solid - no smudging, flaking, holds curl. My past favourites had been CG Marathon waterproof & CG Volume Exact waterproof.

A lot of people recommended this product, so I gave it a shot. Numerous shots, actually. I like the packaging & really like the wand/brush! Mascara was easy enough to apply. But it did not end up holding my curl (I always use a curler), and by the end of the day had smudged where my lashes hit skin. So what happens next? Obviously, I throw it into the back of a drawer or cosmetics case somewhere and forget about it for months.

Just recently I rediscovered this lost mascara. Like new, but having been stationary for... maybe even a year. So, I gave it a couple more tries. No drastic change - still doesn't hold my curl (though it didn't weigh my lashes down), & still smudges onto my skin.

I gave it an honest try, but this mascara just isn't for me. If it helps anyone at all, my favourite mascara currently sold in stores is the original Cover Girl Lashblast (orange tube). Overall rating 3/5 because I would LOVE this mascara if it held my curl & didn't smudge. Loved the applicator, loved the way my lashes looked (before they uncurled).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

YES YES YES!!!!! I usually use 2 mascaras to get just what I want....but this is everything in one! So Amazing! Im obsessed with the wand...gets full coverage and then the tip pieces are perfect for getting into the corner of the eyes . I have pretty wimpy lashes and scarce to say the least, LOL...but this makes them so full and long!! I buy EVERY new mascara that comes on the market, LOL, in search of the perfect one. THIS IS IT! Dont let the price keep you from trying it....AMAZING

AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL. Enough said.

Popular Mascaras