December 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by starssparkles07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't understand why so many people gave this mascara a low rating. It's most likely clumpy because you're not putting it on right.
This mascara is hands-down the BEST mascara I've ever used. And I've used a ton.

Pros:
- EXTREMELY lonnnng lashes
- The colour is so rich and dark
- separates lashes and never clumps ever
- so many people asked me about my "false eyelashes" they were so long!

Cons:
- pretty expensive, but well worth it.
- SOMETIMES hard to take off, but not really. Just the key is use WARM water, otherwise it becomes difficult

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Britishcrumpet

When I first opened the package I was suprised that the mascara wasn't very long, which made me think that there wasn't much product in it. However, I completely forgot about that once I put it on! I love this mascara, its perfect for my long (but thin) lashes. Definitely holds a curl all day, doesn't smudge and adds length. The mini brush at the end is genius! Would have liked more volume though which is why I've given it 4 lippies.
If you're looking for something dramatic I don't think this is for you; the colour is more of a really dark brown than a black and it gives you quite a natural look, which was exactly what I wanted. I also think that this mascara is definitely good for people with longer lashes. I'm not sure whether it would be very good for shorter lengths.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by kaylabrent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is THE best mascara on the market hands down. If you're looking for lengthening, no clump and perfect mascara, use this one. A little on the expensive side, but I swear by it. I don't know why it has so many bad reviews. Because it is expensive though, I like to put on my cheaper, drug store mascara first and use this one almost as a top coat to save the product. This method works great. Absolutely LOVE this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by bikerchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted so much to love this mascara. But I don't. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I just don't love it. I have rather long and thick lashes (lucky me!) but the tips are blond so they look pretty short without mascara. I prefer thick, full lashes to lots of length and They're Real is moderately lengthening and gives a fair amount of volume and fullness. I have no issues with clumping, even though I routinely layer 4 or 5 coats on. I also have no issues with smearing and flaking. I know many people complain of how hard it is to take off, it's really not that bad. You just need to use a good eye makeup remover. This is a solid performing mascara and it's only fault is that is doesn't give have quite enough oomph for the super dramatic look I usually go for. I will use up the tube I have but I doubt I will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by amyvankirk

I really wanted to love this product but I am more of a fuller lashes kind of gal not a stringy spider lash type. The brush on this mascara does help to get all the small hairs but it doesnt plump them it more just defines them which is great for some but not me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2014 6:34:00 AM More reviews by innagrig

I'm so glad that so many people rated this bad. I honestly love it for a day. Once I put the benefits mascara on one eye and a drugstore mascara on the other and the drug store one was just as good! In fact the drugstore one was way easier to apply as well! The little ball thing on the end was pointless and made the application clumpy

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The first time I used Benefit’s they’re Real! Mascara, I was impressed with how it gave me luscious and jet black lashes. However, after a few uses, I’d fallen out of love with it.

What's Good?
1. Thick & luscious lashes
2. Intense colour
3. Coat and separate lashes well

What's Bad?
1. Big Brush head
2. Smudges too quickly

Full review and before-after photos at: http://bit.ly/ben-real

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2014 4:07:00 AM More reviews by snoepje

I don't know what happened with this mascara. I put it on and it clumped SO MUCH that I got an eye infection. Literally, the clumps started falling off into my eyes and I had to lie in bed bleary and red-eyed for two days because I couldn't open them without feeling excruciating pain. Now I'm scared to try it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Heezy

This is an averagely good mascara. I wouldn't say there is anything revolutionary about it. You can find drugstore mascaras that perform as well for a fraction of the price. That being said, it doesn't clump or flake and separates relatively well. Its nice and black and had good staying power. It's just nothing unique.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by allykat1339

I really tried to like this product. It does make your lashes longer, however, it's quite heavy feeling on my lashes. It's a pain to wash off, even for a waterproof mascara. Overall, it is a good mascara, but I personally can't stand the way it feels on my eyelashes.