July 26, 2014 | 1880 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by amy_singhs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this without properly consulting MUA....needed a mascara, was overwhelmed, took my chances. I wanted to find something a little cheaper than my go-to, L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes.I like thick lashes and thought the brush would deliver, especially since I like curved brushes, but nope. Falsies? Apparently the name refers to its false claims, and not to any similarity to false lashes. Oh and it flakes. And the worst part: the smell! Like when a pen explodes or when red wine goes bad. I can smell it for a long time after I apply it. Might have to return to Beauty Tubes for a few extra bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by lalalove618

Love love love. The only mascara I've ever repurchased. Long fluttery eyelashes with out clumping or spiders

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I cannot leave my house without mascara so I have tried quite a few since I am basically a mascara junkie! I like this flared version better than the regular one because of the brush. I feel like it works better for me. I have fairly long lashes and I just need something to give me some volume. This mascara applies easily, the formula is very wet. I think the best way to use this is to apply ONE very good coat. Take your time applying the coat and get it right the first time. I think if you try to apply more coats, it may get a little clumpy. I also throw this out as soon as it shows signs of drying out, because it definitely gets clumpy then. I'm on my 4th or 5th tube already!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by ktmacup

Gives long looking lashes. Does not really add a ton of volume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

What can I say? I'm a mascara junkie addicted to Maybelline

Price: $7 CAD
Formula: wet, not really goopy
Length: very buildable; falsies effect
Volume: after 4-5 coats, dramatic
Wear time: all day

Even the original formula is slightly waterproof, as in, it won't smudge into raccoon messiness upon contact with water. Very black and not so much your no-makeup look type, if you're into that type.
As the formula is wet, let it dry overnight or two for maximum effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Berty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This isn't bad but it's not great either. Just ok. It keeps the curl but doesn't volumise or add much impact, and I find the brush too big and awkward. I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by himynameisjennie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybelline always seem to have awesome mascaras. They are great value for money, and are by far better than some of the more expensive ones I have tried.
I recently bought the Volume Express The Falsies, Flared after my original The Falsies mascara ran out. The Flared version is even better in my opinion, it still goes on nicely and doesn't clump, but it looks a lot more natural. It barely looks like I am wearing any mascara, and yet my eyelashes look fantastic.
Added bonus is that it is easy to remove and I don't wake up with it smeared all over my face. It might not be the most awesome mascara out there, and I do have naturally long, full lashes so that probably helps a lot. But for the price, I have to say, I love this mascara!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This mascara did not work for me. The mascara does not apply evenly, leaving me with clumpy lashes. My worst problem with this mascara is that it flakes through out the day. After about a week of using it, I threw it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 7:53:00 PM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this. But I really like the huge brushes in mascara, ie Revlon Grow Lucious, which no one else seems to care for.

Very volumising, and does what it says it will, flares out lashes. I'm not huge on the curved brush, but its not difficult to work with...cough cough, I'm looking at you Colossal Cat Eyes.

I say try it if you like big brushes. Minimal fall out and great mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Chubz

I didnt like this at first because im used to straight mascara brushes. This works for my lashes. I've never owned any curved brushes before and glad that the curved side hugs and gives my medium length lashes a lift. I get alot of length and some volume. For the price of $5.04 + tax and formula I would definitely repurchase!