September 21, 2014 | 1145 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Holmes7575

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wore this when it first came out... and loved it and for some reason over the years I forgot about it, and then I was trying to remember all the great perfumes Ive worn
And the ones that Men like and Dior Addict came to mind... oh how I could forget that winter it was a Wicked winter and I was wickedly sexy that winter... I had more men than I could handle. Kidding but it is a great smell rich, lush sweet, and spicy all at the same time... I thought Thierry Mugler Alien was my new HG for fall/winter but now I am back to an old friend... YEAH! Ladies it is worth a try. Works with my body chemistry that is very acidic... Great smelling man magnet sexy perfume.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by kristinb64

This perfume is amazing. I went to Sephora to try it based on the great reviews. I knew I had to have it after one sniff! There is definitely vanilla in there, but I get more of a soft, sweet, powdery smell than anything else. It is SO classy and sophisticated. I've been wearing it to work for only an hour (just bought it today) and I've already gotten 3 compliments! This may just be my new signature. If you're looking for an elegant, classy, beautiful perfume... DEFINITELY give this one a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by russetandvermilion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow, i am so in love with Dior Addict!! I love that it smells expensive on and I love the smell of it on myself and others! It is not cloying or overpowering in any way. It has vanilla in it! The middle is called "Queen of the Night". That pretty much sums up how cool this fragrance is. Rich and delicious!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the closest Ill have to a signature scent, as I serially rotate fragrances as often as most people change clothes. However Ive loved, and frequently worn, Dior Addict for about 7 years, definitely making it one of the scents Ive stuck with the longest. I discovered it in the slightly stalker way I fall in love with all perfumes by catching the sillage in the air wafting off of another woman walking by, then chasing her down and begging her to tell me what shes wearing. Interestingly, I empathize with those who absolutely hate this when I visited a department store counter to sample this on my wrists, smelling it straight out of the bottle I was certain it could NOT be the same perfume I had run down a few days before it was cloying and suffocating, overly perfumy and headache inducing I drove home disappointed. However, Im glad I didnt scrub my wrists because after an hour had passed, it developed into something truly addicting. The top floral notes (which are what I believe offend so many people they come shrieking out of the bottle) dry down into comforting spicy, ambery woods and a smoky rich vanilla the transformation on my skin is really remarkable. This must be applied with a light hand I spray it in the air and walk through the mist once it has dissipated a bit and I still smell it the next morning it definitely has the greatest staying power of any perfume Ive ever tried. This is definitely a love it or hate it scent due to its power, and Id avoid wearing it if I worked in an office setting. Men love it, and Ive also been stalked on the street, out at night etc. multiple, multiple times. If you can get through the first 30 minutes, which smell pretty trashy, youll be rewarded with a pretty lovely, cozy vanilla that will have you compulsively sniffing your wrists all day.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by CarrieNations

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The best smell on the planet. I first caught a whiff of this on the neck of a girl friend. Tracked it down immediately and became "addicted," as it were.

I think this is one of those "power" fragrances that takes a certain amount of courage or confidence to pull off. It's not for the faint of nose, or wearer. It's sweet and spicy, seductive and snuggly. They say it's a winter scent, but I went ahead and made it my signature scent and have been wearing it year-round for over two years now. It gets lots of compliments and truly does drive men wild. Never have I seen such a reaction.

In addition to all of this, the deep-blue and gold packaging is just gorgeous. The scent itself--lots of vanilla and earthy spices and a hint of floral--lasts all day. It's the only perfume I've ever worn that I can put on at 8am and still smell on my wrists at 8pm. The evolution of the tones throughout the day is fascinating; I think my body warms it up and creates the best fragrance after about 3-4 hours of wear. As I drive home from work, I compulsively sniff my wrists and get the most beautiful, natural vanilla.

With the exception of the high price, I can't say a single negative thing about Dior Addict. HG. Love at first smell.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by theoneandonlyfraggle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If someone offered me a million bucks to wear this for a day, I would refuse.

There are not many fragrances that repel me to such a degree that I want to gag. I had read so many promising reviews and two seconds after spraying this on my wrist I immediately knew this was a terrible mistake. Within minutes a migraine hit me hard and lasted for two long days.

It reminded me of Joop, with that same plastic, cloying, energy zapping, soul sucking poison that only Cruella would wear. I just don't get it, it smells so offensive. For example Poison or Angel might be offensive, but mainly because they are very strong. Addict smells ugly. There is nothing gorgeous or beautiful about it.

It reminds me of a damaged middle aged woman who has gone out drinking the night before, she stumbles home in the early hours of morning stinking of booze and cigarettes. She hasn't washed for days. Red lipstick is smeared on her lips. This would be her fragrance. I can feel a migraine coming on just thinking about it. The mere thought makes my eyes water as I feel my gag reflex start to quiver. It is so intoxicating in the literal sense that I find myself begging for death to offer me sweet relief. I want to cry.

I am sorry to all you lovely ladies out there who love this, for I too I wanted to love it so much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Prettynotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I still remember the first day I discovered this perfume...walking by the makeup counters at Sears, heading towards the juniors section...and then, I got a whiff of heaven...I turned around,looking for the source of this exquisite scent, and saw one of the perfume girls holding the blue bottle and handing out samples. I got closer, confirming that this was indeed where the scent was coming from, and the rest is history. This has been my signature scent for almost ten years! It's not fruity, it's not flowery...it's sweet but not the kind of sickening sweet you find now (mostly on celebrity perfumes). It's a cloud of musky sweetness that dries to a sweet and unique fragrance that lasts ALL DAY LONG. Still haven't found anything that will make me stop using this, I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Suuushi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It doesnt matter how many parfumes I try ... i'll always coming back to this one ! i love CD parfumes ... but only this one i'll buy over and over again !! why cant we get marry with parfumes ?! <33333

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Kfly89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to fragrance for every day use. I love the smell, and I always receive compliments about how I smell really good.

The price of the perfume is really expensive, but you get what you pay for.

I've ran out of this perfume twice in the smaller bottle so I went out and purchased the big bottle (2 times now)!

I'm "addicted" to the smell.

Oh and it mixes really well with my skin. I get a sweet smell after a couple of hours that smells COMPLETELY different from the initial spray smell (both smell really sexy and nice).

I'd definitely buy this again and again! I would be terribly saddened if they decided to discontinue this any time soon! (I'd have to stock up for a lifetime's worth of perfume lolz)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by judygirl

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I prefer Dior fragrances to most other brands, now this one is something quite different - it is not the worst and certainly not the best, but what about the aroma WOW!! utter class.
Smells as though it has cost hundreds of pounds (or dollars)