October 2, 2014 | 939 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

This was my first BB product purchase, and I was sorely disappointed with it. I swapped it away very quickly and vowed to never buy into the BB cream hype again.

It's just not phenomenal as many online reviews suggest. First, I failed to realize that it is for normal to oily skin. I have dry skin, combo in the summer, and I first tried this in the spring when my tzone wasn't oily. It was a huge miss for me, even though I know people who love it.

First off, the amount of product you get for the price is ridiculous. I am the type of person who has no problem dropping 50 bucks or more for a foundation, face cream, etc if it does what it promises. I wasn't looking for major coverage, and this didn't give me any to boast about. I was looking for something to just even out my skin tone.

My main gripe with the product is how unflattering it is on the face, texture wise. While a BB cream, it gave my complexion this strange mask-like effect, as if I was wearing full coverage foundation that accentuated my flaws instead of hiding them. It wasn't moisturizing enough to wear alone, and didn't play well with my moisturizer when I wore some underneath. It pointed out my forehead wrinkles when I have none (unless I exaggerate my facial expressions, I'm still young) and settled into clumps around my nose. The worst part is that it couldn't even last 3 hours.

The color range is alright, I do like BB for having very yellow toned products. I got this in Fair for my NC20-25 tone at the time and it still seemed very grey cast. Is this just a common trope with BB creams?

If you're looking for a BB cream, just try a tinted moisturizer that matches your skin tone. Don't buy into all of this BB hype because the majority of people I know that wear BB cream look pale in the face or like they're suffering from motion sickness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Mamamelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Bobbi Brown's BB cream. The Bobbi Brown specialist did inform me that this product is for normal to oily skin, which was perfect. I I definitely have oily skin and uneven skin texture. One of the claims of this product is that it helps to minimize pore appearance with the application and it did just that. My skin looked smooth and even. She also mentioned that, although it is a moisturizer and foundation in one, I should always moisturize my face before any type of coverage. It's a wonderful product.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/21/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by AudreyFan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

waaaay too chalky and thick. I have it in Medium, I am Fair to Medium and this was a good match for the summer as I tend to pick-up color easily.

It also settles into my skin making it look too much like a mask.

I live in a dry climate and have normal to dry skin. I found I had to use a moisturizer under this, so it's not the all -in-one product I hoped for.

Don't like...and even though I can buy it with a discount I would not repurchase.

I prefer Mercier's tinted moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Bindi7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked my tube up when it was launched in July last year (2012) in the UK. Back then they were only offering 4/5 shades and i have just noticed that there are now 9 shades to choose from!

I went to the BB counter to get matched up and they said medium was a little too ash for em and so advised me to go for Medium-Dark. For reference i am NC30-35 in winter/start of summer and then NC40 with a tan. I couldn't use the Medium-Dark shade before my holiday in August 2012, but then used if for a few weeks afeter i got back. it then stayed on the dressing table until i returned from my 2 week summer holiday a couple of weeks back... I have been using this shade now for the last week and am very very happy with the results. Firstly, it applies so easy - streak free finish with a stipple brush and in one step - so no need for moisturiser and primer!! It also provides more coverage than my other BB creams and also contains the highest SPF - great!!!! I just put soem mattify powder over the top and am good to go!! So glad i decided to give this another go :-)

I have decided that i will pick up the medium shade when my tan starts to fade and then mix the 2 colours as per my skintone. Perfect for everyday x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was the first Bobbi Brown product I used and I am a bit dissatisfied, even if I used the whole tube. I bought the lightest shade, which proved to be slightly too light for my complexion. Since it offers very thick covering, my face looked covered in plaster, unless I mixed it with a darker shade foundation.

I like the coverage, but it takes some time to spread the product evenly on the face. On the whole, I prefer to use a good mosturizer and the Luminous foundation by Armany.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by Beachbunnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I love about this is the high spf, the texture and the smell. This for me is a great summer all in one! All I have to do in the morning is cleanse and put this on. It does it all, it moisturises, evens out my skin tone and protects my skin. I set this with my Chanel Double Perfection powder and it looks perfect! I apply with my fingers as if I were applying any other moisturiser, I find this really helps work it into the skin. It looks natural and healthy. I have the shade fair which gives me a lovely summer glow as its a touch darker than my skintone.
I have really been enjoying this product,its quick to apply and the results are fresh and natural.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by didi00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am a faithful client to bobbi brown and i had high expectations from this product.. i was so excited that i could combine nice coverage(for a bb cream), yellow undertoned product and high SPF that i bought this immediately! BUT.....after the first application i was more than disappointed.. although the cream does spread quite easily, after LESS than 1 hour it starts to melt on my skin and create COLOURLESS SPOTS all over my face!! if set it with powder the "effect" is even more disastrous...!!! my skin is not oily, neither the humidity of the place that i live is high..so i cannot explain this. i send an e-mail to the company 2 weeks ago and nobody replied....that's another little disappointment towards bobbi brown cosmetics..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by skyfire876

I've been using Laura Mercier TM for 2 years now and I seriously thought that I was going to keep on repurchasing it forever. That was until a friend turned me onto this BB cream. I tried both the Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer and this BB cream and the only difference I can see is that the tm is much lighter in coverage. I love this bb cream for how it feels so lightweight on my skin, the high spf, and the color matches perfectly (I use NC30 and I bought this in Fair). The pricing for laura mercier and this bb cream is approximately the same, however since I get 50% off bobbi brown, it's an even more win win for me lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Helloneighbor

I bought this last summer. Even though I have 5 or 6 different BB creams, i find that I usually reach for this the most but not sure what the reason is. It's pretty easy to apply as I can just slap it on with my fingers and provides good hydration. I do find that I have to be careful to blend it around my nose areas since it does have a tendency to streak around there. Overall, i'm kind of indifferent about this since it's really neither bad nor good and so i will not buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB cream is DIVINE. It has become one of my favourites in my daily makeup regimen and I tell you, it took me a lot of tries with other brands in order to choose BB creams that really suited me. It comes in more than 2 shades (as compared to other brands) so you really get the freedom to choose the right shade to suit your skin tone. It covers pretty well and doesn't cake in the middle of the day. I do notice at first that it kind of smells like Coppertone sunblock and feels a bit greasy when you first put in on but it's no problem. One bigger issue I had with it, however, is that it shouldn't be used for hot summer days since it gets really mucky once you sweat. Its staying power is also not so good. Despite its setbacks, this is a product I still love since the shade really looks good on me but it's something I suggest you should use on lighter cooler days.