April 20, 2014 | 1614 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I really like this product a lot. The BB cream is moisturizing, light, and provides sheer coverage. I also love how it has the SPF coverage. Lately what I have been doing is layering this underneath my BE matte makeup and its been really upping the coverage and lasting power.

What I don't love is the neutral color/tint of the BB cream. I bought this and the SPF 45 version and the SPF 25 version's tint is more yellow/warm toned so I kept this one. I also don't think this version is the best for oily skinned people. Its probably the best for dry skins.

Overall: I like the moisturizing and SPF values of this product. I don't love the tint color and the fact that it doesn't last too long on my oily skin. The lasting power of the SPF 45 one was so awesome on my oily skin but the color was super cool on my Asian skin.

I think I will stick with the Asian versions of BB creams that also offer blemish healing properties so I will not be repurchasing the US version.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by o_sonancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First BB cream and my fave after also trying Dior (oxidizes and kind of dark) and Boscia (too orangey). It is a Korean brand and does not contain a lot of the chemicals other brands seem to use (Dior, Boscia, etc.) It doesn't bead on my skin like the packaging describes, but i love to apply it with my stipple brush. Best results when used over primer such as Bare Minerals Prime Time.

This evens out redness and uneven tone without looking like foundation. It does not oxidize on my skin, but does nothing about my shininess so don't expect it to mattify. It's super lightweight, doesn't smell, no shimmer (yay!) and is a great value - ~$35 for 1 oz. A little goes a long way. Even if I happen to go over a section more than once, which I normally don't, it doesn't appear heavy or cakey. I use this by itself. Before I used Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but this is more light and less chemical heavy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ShineeBee

I got the new version of this bb cream.
It supposedly the more improved version. It proved decent coverage. and gave me a really nice finish. However I got dry patch from using this and it clogged my pores pretty badly. Really disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by reggaedelic

I just bought my second tube...I guess I'm hooked!

The good:
Sunscreen and moisturizing benefits built right in
Provides light to medium coverage (better than a tinted moisturizer)
Glides on well and blends easily
Does not cause breakouts
Matches my light skin tone

The bad:
Contains parabens
Sometimes the dewy finish looks a little too dewy on my combination skin...powder is a quick fix

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by CarrotsMcG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG foundation! I have acne-prone, oily skin and I struggle to find any type of foundation that doesn't break me out AND doesn't look flaky (like mineral powders tend to, on me at least). I was skeptical that this cream would work for me but for some reason I ended up purchasing it and using it. The only downside is that I need to apply powder on the top since it's pretty shiny.

But all the benefits make up for it. I just wash my face and don't have to put anything else on besides this--no SPF, treatment or moisturizer. I use my Alima mineral foundation to cover my red spots and voila! I'm all set. Also I feel like my skin is actually getting clearer and my red spots from previous breakouts are fading. In fact, my husband just said the other day "Wow your skin looks great!"

Love this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by ceradova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I overall really really like this BB Cream for my sensitive, acne prone, dry combination skin. When I use this my skin feels well moisturized and relieved of dryness. This BB cream doesn't irritate my skin or cause breakouts whatsoever. This BB cream brightens my skintone. It has light to medium coverage, and evens out my skintone, but not enough to cover red acne scarring.
At the time I used this I my skin was NC25 shade in MAC - which is a fair to light skin tone, and the cream was a bit lighter than my skintone then, but adjusts to my shade after a while. However, now that I'm getting a bit darker I can't really use this BB cream so much because it's too light for my skin, and too moisturizing. I think personally this BB Cream works better for the wintertime, when my skin is more dry and lighter in tone, but doesn't work when my skin is a bit oilier in the summer and darker.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I gave a "no" for repurchasing but I'm not final on that.** I'd definitely want to try another BB creme (like the Clinique one) but I could go back to this after trying others, who knows!

I've never been a liquid foundation/tinted moisturizer person but I'd heard so many things about BB creme so I tried this in Sephora a couple of times and I like it because it's so sheer (my skin needs very little concealer and I don't use foundation) and looks beautiful and dewy under some pressed or loose powder.

I took a star off because I don't think it's meant for oily skin. The dewy looks transforms into oily after about an hour and I have to blot. I always have to do that no matter what makeup I use, drugstore or designer, but I'd like to try something that is more matte and doesn't make me oily as quickly.

I think it may also be slightly too dark for my very pale skin.

** I don't think I'll ever repurchase this and I found myself more and more dissatisfied every time I used it. The oiliness was annoying and it really was a shade or two too dark for my skin. It might work well for others though! and it's a great sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by elsong1211

I am on my second tube, and is loving this product, then again I am a BB cream fan. I really like how its very watery and light on my skin and is great for summer. It has sheer coverage though, so concealer and powder on top is neccessary. I got my from sasa.com for about $28, so for a 50mL product i thought it was okay.

it covers very little, so I use this when my skin is in good condition, as in it won't actually cover the redness of pimples/break outs, acne scars... but I love how it makes my skin feel like it can breath and soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2011 6:17:00 PM More reviews by babyslk7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't think some people understand, yet about BB cream, esp western culture. First: No, Asian does not use this to lighten their skin. I would say BB cream is kinda like tinted moisturizer with more healing benefits to the skin. If you get a facial surgery, peels, etc, acne, you can use BB creams, it's safer to use. Unfortunately, BB creams only available in lightest colors compared to foundations. And Asian prefers to have light skin rather than western tanned skin look. Why? Asian are more prone to brown spots, also, we are naturally darker in pigments. Some of us don't need a tan, we are naturally tanned, therefore whitening skincare was created. It won't make you white, but it will helps with melanoma, brown pigmentation. But for some Asians who live in western country like me, I also love the look of tanned skin. I'm a sun worshiper. I also wished BB creams are available for someone who is darker than NC30, the quest still searching. But, this particular Dr Jart is not bad for NC 30 girl. At first, it still has that white cast, greyish tone like typical BB cream when first applier. But, it sinks in to your skin 10 minutes later and I put loose powder on top. Oil control is so so, most BB creams will give you dewy look, for some, it might be too oily. This is my 2nd Dr Jart BB creams, I forgot the first version that I've tried. Purchased for US$50, silver tube, it's too light and moisturizing for my skin type (I was 26 that time and still having acne problem). Now, at 30, my skin is more combination, big improvement on acne, yippee! This BB cream is good, not great, I still have to cover my acne marks if I want to. But for running errands and stuff, without concealer, is fine, I can do it. I recommend this for normal to combo skin. Coloring is up to NC 30 girls only. Sorry, darker skin won't be liking this BB cream. The look is natural though. Just wait until they sink in to your skin. I don't need sunscreen with this.

10 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by ChinaIce

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Is this product also called Dr Jart Moist Moist in other parts of the world? In Asia - specifically in Hong Kong, that's how its labeled - though it still has the words Water Fuse BB Cream.

Anyhow, since I have tanned skin, my skin does look fairer upon application (since it's only available in 1 shade) but it does adjust to my skin tone by the time I have applied my make up. I started using Dr Jart Moist Moist BB Cream about 3 mos ago and I have been using it daily.

I can't use it without putting on something prior though as it leaves my skin dry. I use Laniege Balancing Lotion & Water Bank Essence before the Dr Jart Moist Moist BB Cream. I also never experienced the water beads being mentioned in the other reviews - but that's fine.

It did do a few wonders for my skin though. First, 2 big dark spots on my right cheek which were left behind by these 2 big pimples which I chose not to pop are completely GONE. Second, I have noticed that my uber sensitive skin does not react to make up anymore. And finally my friends and family did notice that my skin is whole lot better.

Now, what I'm not sure is if the improvement in my skin is primarily just because of this BB cream OR if its an affect of the overall combination of Laniege+Dr Jart.

One thing is for sure though - I love Korean made skin products.