October 25, 2014 | 1822 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by tintedlove

I really like this BB cream. I've only really used tinted moisturizers, but lately all the formulas have become either too shimmery or too powdery. This looks extremely natural on me. When you put it on it looks grey, but it evens out into a natural looking color. My face doesn't get oily, it doesn't melt, and it keeps my face hydrated. I feel like my skin is actually much better after wearing this all day. I don't have many skin problems so I can't say how this is for sensitive skin, but I do have light pigmentation on my cheeks, and this not only covers it, but seems to help get rid of it. I should say that I prefer a dewy finish, and like I said, I don't have many skin problems. If you only need a bit of coverage and you want something that has more skin care than TMs, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

background:
i am an NC25-NC30. i have sensitive, hormonal cystic acne prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks. some hyper pigmentation on cheeks. when i get upset my cheeks get red and stay red for the day and even until the next day sometimes.

my sister is an NC30-NC35. her skin is oily and sensitive.

we both tried this beauty balm everyday for a week.

pros:
spf
moisture
multi-tasking
did not cause skin to be oily
did not irritate skin
did not cause breakouts
-(not even when slept in)
some coverage
-gives a natural fresh face look
nice color beige with yellow undertones
-(this color suited both me and my sister despite our different skin tones)
the red color in my cheeks was subdued (when i got upset lol)

cons:
not enough coverage, a concealer is needed
contains parabens
does not have a pump

we will repurchase if we cannot find another more suitable beauty balm

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Harmony60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After trying samples of many BB Creams including Garnier, I have found that going back to the root is the best. Dr Jarts is made the way the original oriental forms of this beauty staple from the orient was made. It goes on smooth and evenly, leaves skin soft and smooth when you remove..Stays longer than others, it will never be a 12 hr thing but you should get 7-8 easy, the colors are easy the match, just get your group mine is light to medium, and it's perfect..for summer it's slip proof, no primer needed and sweat proof, with a great sunscreen.. It's midway on price point not cheap, but not expensive...in winter it's a good everyday cream for the moisture and red cheek windburn or cold...All around great product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this!! It matches me perfectly (im fair/light) and acutally now I have a tan so im more on the medium/light side and it still works!! It feels great on the skin, looks good under foundation, and the spf really works! I just had this and bare minerals on and was outside in the hot sun all day and just got slightly pink. Its great too because I put it on before my foundation and I actually use less because this does even out a bit. Overall, I love this stuff and think it is worth it, it just makes your skin pretty :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first BB cream I've tried. At first, I really liked it - it kept the oilies at bay and made my skin look really nice. Unfortunately, in addition to oxidizing after 30 minutes, it also breaks me out like I've never broken out before. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I really like this product a lot. The BB cream is moisturizing, light, and provides sheer coverage. I also love how it has the SPF coverage. Lately what I have been doing is layering this underneath my BE matte makeup and its been really upping the coverage and lasting power.

What I don't love is the neutral color/tint of the BB cream. I bought this and the SPF 45 version and the SPF 25 version's tint is more yellow/warm toned so I kept this one. I also don't think this version is the best for oily skinned people. Its probably the best for dry skins.

Overall: I like the moisturizing and SPF values of this product. I don't love the tint color and the fact that it doesn't last too long on my oily skin. The lasting power of the SPF 45 one was so awesome on my oily skin but the color was super cool on my Asian skin.

I think I will stick with the Asian versions of BB creams that also offer blemish healing properties so I will not be repurchasing the US version.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 9:03:00 PM More reviews by o_sonancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First BB cream and my fave after also trying Dior (oxidizes and kind of dark) and Boscia (too orangey). It is a Korean brand and does not contain a lot of the chemicals other brands seem to use (Dior, Boscia, etc.) It doesn't bead on my skin like the packaging describes, but i love to apply it with my stipple brush. Best results when used over primer such as Bare Minerals Prime Time.

This evens out redness and uneven tone without looking like foundation. It does not oxidize on my skin, but does nothing about my shininess so don't expect it to mattify. It's super lightweight, doesn't smell, no shimmer (yay!) and is a great value - ~$35 for 1 oz. A little goes a long way. Even if I happen to go over a section more than once, which I normally don't, it doesn't appear heavy or cakey. I use this by itself. Before I used Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but this is more light and less chemical heavy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ShineeBee

I got the new version of this bb cream.
It supposedly the more improved version. It proved decent coverage. and gave me a really nice finish. However I got dry patch from using this and it clogged my pores pretty badly. Really disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by reggaedelic

I just bought my second tube...I guess I'm hooked!

The good:
Sunscreen and moisturizing benefits built right in
Provides light to medium coverage (better than a tinted moisturizer)
Glides on well and blends easily
Does not cause breakouts
Matches my light skin tone

The bad:
Contains parabens
Sometimes the dewy finish looks a little too dewy on my combination skin...powder is a quick fix

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by CarrotsMcG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG foundation! I have acne-prone, oily skin and I struggle to find any type of foundation that doesn't break me out AND doesn't look flaky (like mineral powders tend to, on me at least). I was skeptical that this cream would work for me but for some reason I ended up purchasing it and using it. The only downside is that I need to apply powder on the top since it's pretty shiny.

But all the benefits make up for it. I just wash my face and don't have to put anything else on besides this--no SPF, treatment or moisturizer. I use my Alima mineral foundation to cover my red spots and voila! I'm all set. Also I feel like my skin is actually getting clearer and my red spots from previous breakouts are fading. In fact, my husband just said the other day "Wow your skin looks great!"

Love this stuff.