December 22, 2014 | 837 users online

BB Cream - Dr. Jart+ - Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25 PA++

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Mmmm...fabulous. Doesn't look like much out of the gate, but goes on like, well...water. Very cooling and light. Looks rather pale, but if you wait just a couple of minutes....the formula seems to merge with the skin. All I do is dust on some mineral powder or sunscreen powder (love Colorescience Almost Clear) for a truly flawless, seamless complexion that holds up in New England summer humidity. It evens out redness, holds up without looking makeup-y and doesn't break me out. If I had one wish, it would be for shade options but, being a natural paleface, I can make this work easily. Super summer option...skip the powder for the no-makeup days.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by tayrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

UPDATE: After buying this BB cream full sized, I HATED it. The 1 color could no longer be masked by bronzer. It made me look so pale that I looked sickly. No matter how much I tried to work with it, it always came out looking ghost-like. Definitely will not repurchase, in fact I returned it.

I received my sample of the Dr. Jart+ BB Cream in my birchbox a few months back and loved it. While there is only one shade, it blends nicely and can be topped with a bronzer (Nars Laguna works perfect) and the color works. The squeeze tube is unfavorable, I prefer pumps but it works and I feel like you get a lot of product due to the small amount I use. It leaves me moisturized and feeling like I'm not wearing any makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by smmalloy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff goes on scary white but blends nicely with my fair (not super pale) complexion, so I imagine it would be good for a range of light complexions. Not at all sure what would happen if your skin is darker.

It's very moisturizing and adds just a bit of skin color smoothing and shine. I would not use this if I had truly oily skin, but my skin is dry enough to be OK with it. Å bit of pink blush & I'm good to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by theunblonde

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product-- it's a great match for my PPP (NC-15) skin, it's moisturizing and it's not too much color. The finish is dewy and not too soft. It looks pretty decent in pictures as well. My complaint is mostly that I go through it faster than any other foundation/tinted moisturizer I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by tintedlove

I really like this BB cream. I've only really used tinted moisturizers, but lately all the formulas have become either too shimmery or too powdery. This looks extremely natural on me. When you put it on it looks grey, but it evens out into a natural looking color. My face doesn't get oily, it doesn't melt, and it keeps my face hydrated. I feel like my skin is actually much better after wearing this all day. I don't have many skin problems so I can't say how this is for sensitive skin, but I do have light pigmentation on my cheeks, and this not only covers it, but seems to help get rid of it. I should say that I prefer a dewy finish, and like I said, I don't have many skin problems. If you only need a bit of coverage and you want something that has more skin care than TMs, this is a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by cjMadamFresa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

background:
i am an NC25-NC30. i have sensitive, hormonal cystic acne prone skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks. some hyper pigmentation on cheeks. when i get upset my cheeks get red and stay red for the day and even until the next day sometimes.

my sister is an NC30-NC35. her skin is oily and sensitive.

we both tried this beauty balm everyday for a week.

pros:
spf
moisture
multi-tasking
did not cause skin to be oily
did not irritate skin
did not cause breakouts
-(not even when slept in)
some coverage
-gives a natural fresh face look
nice color beige with yellow undertones
-(this color suited both me and my sister despite our different skin tones)
the red color in my cheeks was subdued (when i got upset lol)

cons:
not enough coverage, a concealer is needed
contains parabens
does not have a pump

we will repurchase if we cannot find another more suitable beauty balm

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Harmony60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After trying samples of many BB Creams including Garnier, I have found that going back to the root is the best. Dr Jarts is made the way the original oriental forms of this beauty staple from the orient was made. It goes on smooth and evenly, leaves skin soft and smooth when you remove..Stays longer than others, it will never be a 12 hr thing but you should get 7-8 easy, the colors are easy the match, just get your group mine is light to medium, and it's perfect..for summer it's slip proof, no primer needed and sweat proof, with a great sunscreen.. It's midway on price point not cheap, but not expensive...in winter it's a good everyday cream for the moisture and red cheek windburn or cold...All around great product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this!! It matches me perfectly (im fair/light) and acutally now I have a tan so im more on the medium/light side and it still works!! It feels great on the skin, looks good under foundation, and the spf really works! I just had this and bare minerals on and was outside in the hot sun all day and just got slightly pink. Its great too because I put it on before my foundation and I actually use less because this does even out a bit. Overall, I love this stuff and think it is worth it, it just makes your skin pretty :)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:14:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first BB cream I've tried. At first, I really liked it - it kept the oilies at bay and made my skin look really nice. Unfortunately, in addition to oxidizing after 30 minutes, it also breaks me out like I've never broken out before. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I really like this product a lot. The BB cream is moisturizing, light, and provides sheer coverage. I also love how it has the SPF coverage. Lately what I have been doing is layering this underneath my BE matte makeup and its been really upping the coverage and lasting power.

What I don't love is the neutral color/tint of the BB cream. I bought this and the SPF 45 version and the SPF 25 version's tint is more yellow/warm toned so I kept this one. I also don't think this version is the best for oily skinned people. Its probably the best for dry skins.

Overall: I like the moisturizing and SPF values of this product. I don't love the tint color and the fact that it doesn't last too long on my oily skin. The lasting power of the SPF 45 one was so awesome on my oily skin but the color was super cool on my Asian skin.

I think I will stick with the Asian versions of BB creams that also offer blemish healing properties so I will not be repurchasing the US version.