July 31, 2014 | 2022 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I spotted the Shea Moisture product line at Target one day, and the shampoo caught my eye. I was looking for one to buy for my dry, curly hair, and this one sounded like a good choice because it was natural, contained argan oil (which my hair loves for getting rid of knots and tangles), as well as a lot of other great ingredients. I like this shampoo a lot. It does moisturize my hair, but I have a few issues with it.

I hate the bottle. The shampoo is very thick, so you have to keep squeezing the bottle really hard for the product to come out. That gets really annoying, really fast! Also, the shampoo is very heavily scented. At first I liked the smell, but now it gives me a little bit of a headache. The smell reminds me of cologne. After I finish this bottle, I will go back to the Creme of Nature shampoo I had used previously.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this as part of a sampler kit, which means that I was way less likely to be upset if I didn't like it. The shampoo felt good, lathered well enough for my standards and seemed to moisturize as promised. The smell is musky Argan-oil strong, but not necessarily unpleasant. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to realize that hair products with Argan oil, including that Morroccan O. line, seem to really bother my eyes(?!). From tears and pinkness to small but fiery red hives in and around my eye area, this shampoo (and/or conditioner) doesn't agree with me. I'm bummed because I did like it but take solace in the discovery of the shampoo, etc. from the hibiscus coconut formula. Happy endings overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Dujmovochka

It's my HG shampoo. I have thin fine caucasian hair and this is the only one shampoo that can prevent my hair from breaking of. I've already used 3 bottles of it. This shampoo has very gentle detergent in it that's why it doesn't leather a lot. It has one cone - fragrance. But I learned to manage with it, i usually add 5-10 drops of lavender and rosemary essential oils. I e also enjoy conditioner and mask from the same line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. It's gentle and non-drying. I have 3c/4a hair for the people into hair typing or whatever, and I gave my bottle to my 3a roommate who was struggling to keep moisture in her hair. She can't stop buying this now. This is also the only product in the raw shea butter line that doesn't kill my nose with its overcharged fragrance; it does have the same scent but it's much lighter and fades quicker. I don't mind paying 9.99 for it (10.99 at Walgreens) because it lasts. A very good shampoo for those who are sulfate conscious, or just want to treat their hair once in awhile with some extra moisture. A bottle is always present in my shower.

Also, since I've seen people talking about build up, it's because Shea Butter builds up on your hair after awhile and just like with silicones you need to clarify sometimes. It seems like it defeats the purpose of a sulfate free shampoo, but there's sulfate-free clarifiers out there too. Just a note for those who love this but have build up issues. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell is not the greatest, which is why I give it a 4, if it smelled better I would definitely give it a 5. The more you use it, the better it works, so don't give up after the first time if it doesn't "wow" you! It also lathers really well, which I love. I don't think I could go back to regular shampoo after using this. I could probably just adjust the scent with some essential oils or something to make this product perfect. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by missykeyana

This shampoo is AWESOME! Really, I am so excited over this product. Good stuff included, bad stuff excluded! I've long ago abandoned most shampoos because they'd dry out my 4a hair and I'd have to rely on conditioners to counteract that as well as add additional moisture. I had moved on to natural soaps, but even they could be stripping sometimes. Enter this shampoo. It has a mild, nutty smell that I like a lot. It lathers beautifully. Makes me feel like I'm getting clean here! After rinsing, my scalp is left cleansed and my hair is not worse for the effort! It even feels a little moisturized! It's a little more than I normally pay for shampoo, but I can find this in Walgreens and Target. This is important to me because I prefer not to build my hair regimen around products that are very pricey and/or hard to find. I am so happy that I tried this product. I recommend it to all who need a non-stripping shampoo in their life.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this shampoo!!!! It moisturizes my dry 4c kinky hair and it lathers up very nicely without harsh drying sulfates. You only need a dime size amount to use it. It contains all natural ingredients which is perfect for those who have kinky hair, curly hair or for those women who want to use organic shampoo for their hair. It's not cheap and it's not expensive. The bottle is a bit small for the price but it's very worth it!

Update: I now notice that this shampoo dries out my hair, now that it's longer. I've been using for almost a year and now it does this?? It no longer moisturizes my hair like it used to. I strongly used to love this product, but now hair feels dry and parched when I use it. I now just use it as a body wash when I run out of soap. Hopefully my hair won't start to hate the Restorative conditioner in this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells good. super gentle. Most moisturizing shampoo ever (unless you prefer smoothing the feeling of silicones). Lathers up nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

GREAT GREAT GREAT product! I've been using this shampoo, the conditioner that goes with it, the curl & style milk, and the reconstructive elixir for about a year now...... And my 3c curly/kinky hair has done a complete 180! I use to use whatever the salons recommended and a whole bunch of gel to style my hair (I found an argan oil mousse that's alcohol/sulfate free at CVS to replace the gel)......it was so dry and the gel would make it crunchy.....not cute..... I had no clue how to take care of my hair....i saw this line at target (and Walgreens) and let me tell u these products have changed my life. They are natural which is a huge deal cuz I'm switching everything over to natural products and they are effective! This shampoo leaves my hair soft and full of moisture, my curls are so pretty, I get so many compliments......and just $10! The only I guess con is I wish they came in bigger bottles......it lasts me about a month, depending on how often I wash (which is usually twice a week).......but I don't really mind cuz these products are IMO THE best for curly hair!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by dreadedchinadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite shampoo! For reference I have asian, medium thickness, long hair that's colored hair into a ombre (blonde ends). I believe this would work for all hair types. This cleans & lathers very well, best one i've tried from an all organic shampoo (I've tried them all) and after i wash out the shampoo my hair feels so moisturized as if i don't need any conditioner. I do still follow up with the same line conditioner and my hair is looking its best. My hair is a medium brown w/ombred blonde and the bottom was looking pretty dried out due to the bleach. I must say this line is fabulous I just can't believe i finally bought it after all those times i've passed on getting these @ target. The price is not so bad considering the quality that you get. This is a product that you won't regret buying, I assure you. A+ thanks Shea Moisture!