November 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 2:00:00 AM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm relaxed and this shampoo is great! It doesn't strip my hair at all and it leaves it feeling like I already conditioned. The only bad thing about this is that it has a strong smell like a man's cologne that is very strong and lingers. I'll still buy it again though.

UPDATE: I can't. It never left my hair feeling really clean. Add the strong cologne smell plus the price and it wasn't worth it. I've moved on to Elast QP Creme Conditioning shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2012 2:39:00 AM More reviews by heytherebeautiful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hate this stuff! I bought the shampoo and conditioner from Target for $10 apiece, thinking that the argan oil and shea butter, etc. would be great for moisturizing my hair. After all, no sulfates and tons of natural oils, what could be better? But in fact this has dried out my hair like crazy! When I try to wash with it, all of the lather sticks to my scalp and I can't get it down the hair shaft. After my hair dries, even with hair serum in it, the ends are puffy and frizzy! I just got my hair cut a few days ago and I already have split ends again! This never happened with Trader Joe's or Herbal Essences shampoos. A waste of money!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by vipete

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love love love this shampoo it is by far one of the best shampoos I have ever purchased. I actually love the fragrance I do wish bottle was a little bigger but the product is so good on my hair that I dont mind at all. I would continue to purchase this and the conditioner.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by bobadreamer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really feel guilty dragging down the review for this product but I really didn't like it AT ALL. I have thick, somewhat coarse, straight Asian hair. I thought that using a more moisturizing shampoo would trick my scalp into producing less oil, I was so wrong. I worked this into my hair really well and rinsed thoroughly, but I was left with this horrible film in my hair, as it it were still dirty. My hair felt stiff, and I wasn't able to run my fingers through my hair at all. It just felt like when you don't rinse your conditioner out well enough and your hair is left with a gunky, sticky, uncomfortable residue. Those with extremely dry or curly hair may appreciate this, but for me it definitely did not work.

Furthermore, I didn't much care for the scent. It had a very strong scent I could only describe as "perfumey" that lingered in my hair (could've been because it left a residue), and I couldn't help but to wish it smelled more like the coconut hibiscus shampoo.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 5:04:00 AM More reviews by RedLipKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best shampoo I have EVER used. It's almost like a conditioner in that it moisturizes and detangles hair. You could even skip conditioner with this if you really wanted to. It cleans hair without stripping it and foams up nicely even though it's organic. It smells like the other yellow products in this line (I love it) which to me is wonderful. I've always been more into conditioner than shampoo, but this product is a MUST for my thick curly hair. I actually like it a lot better than the Curl and Shine shampoo in the pink line because of the intense moisture that it gives. The other one is good too, but a bit oilier. If you care about your hair at all, BUY this prodcut. You won't regret it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Chicagobabe89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I spotted the Shea Moisture product line at Target one day, and the shampoo caught my eye. I was looking for one to buy for my dry, curly hair, and this one sounded like a good choice because it was natural, contained argan oil (which my hair loves for getting rid of knots and tangles), as well as a lot of other great ingredients. I like this shampoo a lot. It does moisturize my hair, but I have a few issues with it.

I hate the bottle. The shampoo is very thick, so you have to keep squeezing the bottle really hard for the product to come out. That gets really annoying, really fast! Also, the shampoo is very heavily scented. At first I liked the smell, but now it gives me a little bit of a headache. The smell reminds me of cologne. After I finish this bottle, I will go back to the Creme of Nature shampoo I had used previously.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this as part of a sampler kit, which means that I was way less likely to be upset if I didn't like it. The shampoo felt good, lathered well enough for my standards and seemed to moisturize as promised. The smell is musky Argan-oil strong, but not necessarily unpleasant. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to realize that hair products with Argan oil, including that Morroccan O. line, seem to really bother my eyes(?!). From tears and pinkness to small but fiery red hives in and around my eye area, this shampoo (and/or conditioner) doesn't agree with me. I'm bummed because I did like it but take solace in the discovery of the shampoo, etc. from the hibiscus coconut formula. Happy endings overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Dujmovochka

It's my HG shampoo. I have thin fine caucasian hair and this is the only one shampoo that can prevent my hair from breaking of. I've already used 3 bottles of it. This shampoo has very gentle detergent in it that's why it doesn't leather a lot. It has one cone - fragrance. But I learned to manage with it, i usually add 5-10 drops of lavender and rosemary essential oils. I e also enjoy conditioner and mask from the same line.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. It's gentle and non-drying. I have 3c/4a hair for the people into hair typing or whatever, and I gave my bottle to my 3a roommate who was struggling to keep moisture in her hair. She can't stop buying this now. This is also the only product in the raw shea butter line that doesn't kill my nose with its overcharged fragrance; it does have the same scent but it's much lighter and fades quicker. I don't mind paying 9.99 for it (10.99 at Walgreens) because it lasts. A very good shampoo for those who are sulfate conscious, or just want to treat their hair once in awhile with some extra moisture. A bottle is always present in my shower.

Also, since I've seen people talking about build up, it's because Shea Butter builds up on your hair after awhile and just like with silicones you need to clarify sometimes. It seems like it defeats the purpose of a sulfate free shampoo, but there's sulfate-free clarifiers out there too. Just a note for those who love this but have build up issues. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell is not the greatest, which is why I give it a 4, if it smelled better I would definitely give it a 5. The more you use it, the better it works, so don't give up after the first time if it doesn't "wow" you! It also lathers really well, which I love. I don't think I could go back to regular shampoo after using this. I could probably just adjust the scent with some essential oils or something to make this product perfect. =)