July 28, 2014 | 1269 users online

Liquid - Bourjois - Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by calooza

For your reference: I have oily acne prone skin. It's winter time, but my skin is oily all year around. No foundation, even if it's targeted to oily skin, leaves me oil and shine free all day, even with Biore Perfect Milk underneath.

I have always heard that this serum foundation was not suitable for oily skin, that people with normal to oily skin should go for the regular Healthy Mix... Guess what? They were wrong. The brand says it's for all skin types (correct me if i'm wrong), so it all depends on your skin... It's oil free and hypoallergenic, so oily acne prone skins should be fine. This review it's what i experienced with this foundation, so you have to try it to see if it works for you, whatever skin type you have.

I tried the regular Healthy Mix in the past. I used one bottle of it, so my opinion is made. Initially, i was in love with the finish, the coverage, the consistency, the smell... everything. It never broke me out. But in a few hours i was an oily slick :-/ Also, it only lasts 6-8 hours (top) and it transfers a lot! I found out that it's not that natural looking. It was noticeable that i was wearing it, unless i used just a bit and spread it with my fingers, and the color oxidized to a shade darker...

Because it was said that the serum version was not suitable for oily skin, i never thought of even trying it. I was happy with Revlon Colorstay in the Normal to Dry Skin Version, and with the Garnier BB Cream for combination/oily skin. But in the last few months, my skin got better from acne, and Revlon Colorstay seemed too thick and too noticeable for me. Besides, for the majority of the year, there's no perfect color match for me (i'm between 150 and 180). So, i started my search for a foundation with a good color match and lighter coverage (not invisible, because i still have redness and a few blemishes to cover). I prefer a natural looking foundation to a mate foundation, so the finish was not a problem for me.

I saw the reviews for this foundation, and noticed that oily skin people also used it and love it, even thought there are negative reviews. I decided that it was worth a try. And i'm glad i did!

Package
- It comes in a hard plastic bottle with pump (some people say it's glass, but i don't agree).

Price
- It costs 19 euros in my country (South Europe) which i think it's a steal for a drugstore foundation!! But i can find it on sale, and bought it for 13,99 euros, which i think it's average for a drugstore foundation and for the quality you get.

Consistency
- Not thick, but not too runny either. It blends really well with the fingers. With a brush you have to really work it into your skin to not leave streaks. I prefer a brush, even if takes longer to blend it seamlessly.

Coverage
- It's light and buildable but it covers well. The redness from my acne scars and pimples doesn't pick through. I use a pump for all my face, and then half a pump for the areas that need more coverage. It's perfect for what i'm looking for... It looks like second skin, and you can't feel it.

Color
- I use 52. It's perfect for me, it doesn't oxidize and it has yellow undertone.

Finish
- It's semi-mate like it says on the bottle. Not shiny, just natural looking. It's velvety to the touch, not sticky. I always use powder after any foundation.

Performance
- After a few hours, the oil picks thought (i cannot escape from that) but it's really minimal, and my face doesn't look oily, it rather looks glowy, which i don't mind. It's nothing compared to the regular Healthy Mix. I blot and i'm good to go for a few more hours. I don't get this from the BB Cream by Garnier - you can see my skin is oily.
- Even though my face gets a bit oily, the foundation doesn't break down and the coverage stays in place, which i find amazing for this foundation. I was not expecting that. The only foundation i've tried that performs this way is Revlon Colorstay.
- When i blot it doesn't transfer.
- So far it didn't broke me out (fingers crossed)

I'm really happy with this foundation, and i will repurchased it.

If you have oily acne prone skin, i can't guarantee that the results will be the same, but for me it worth the try ;) You really have to try to see if it works with your skin.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I'm really not a huge fan of this foundation and quite honestly think it is a bit overhyped. I've owned 2 bottles of this foundation, both in the shade 51 which is a nice shade for those with really pale skin and light yellow undertones. The match of this foundation for my skin is amazing if nothing else is. I have super dehydrated skin and I feel like this foundation looks demi-matte on my skin and it does tend to gravitate towards my dry patches as the day goes on. The smell of this is lovely, it has a really nice texture and it very blendable but my Lancome BB Tinted Moisturizer has more coverage than this. About 5 hours in to wearing this, I start to look a bit blotchy and have to reapply it in areas. Not a really excellent foundation, very middle of the road. And it is quite pricey at $27 for a drugstore foundation. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by loula624

This foundation is everything the reviews have said it would be and more. Light, long-lasting, and illuminating are all words I would use to describe it. My skin is combo-oily and it lasts all day with only a single blotting/powdering. I always get compliments on how fresh and nice my skin looks when wearing it. My only gripe would be that it is a bit expensive for the amount of product you get. I've only had it a couple months and I already feel like I'm on the last dregs. But honestly, that could just be because I love it so much and use it often, unlike other foundations I've bought in the past that seem to kick around forever ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by christinaddarling

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was great and lives up to the name. It feels light on my skin and makes my skin feel healthy and hydrated. This particular one is a serum so it is a liquidy gel consistency and blends very well and easily. I generally use a sponge when applying liquid foundation so it works really well.
Coverage is light, but buildable. But I like to just use one layer as it is very natural.The lasting power is alright, it lasts about 4-5 hours on my skin during the summer. But if you were to reapply on top, it never looks cakey.

I bought this from Priceline here in Australia and it always has deals which makes the price pretty affordable, I would definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by jewelmeow

already used one up, and bought a new one. this is my favorite drugstore foundation. this truly lives up to its name - my skin really feels healthy. it feels moisturizing and hides my dry patches on the tip of my nose. mind you, i have oily skin, but i LOVE this foundation because it's feels nourishing on my skin yet lasts up to 12 hours. it is easily blended across my face because it is a gel formula. the coverage is light to medium so you need a concealer over it, but on days when you don't feel like applying heavy makeup on your skin, this foundation is what you would go for. not to mention it also gives a really healthy, radiant glow to your skin. this foundation outshines my chanel vitalumiere aqua, since the latter has poor lasting power on my oily skin, feels greasy and is a pain in the butt to apply (you gotta shake it very thoroughly before each use or else you'll get a separated gunk of oil and water on your hand). will repurchase this definitely.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by tashab17

When I was using this foundation I thought it was great. As with all their products it smells lovely and fresh.

I don't think the coverage is that good and I found my face actually went quite shiny by the end of the day.

I would definitely recommend it for people who have normal skin and no acne. It would be a great foundation for you - but not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by watercute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I said I would repurchase because I have in the past, but potentially wouldn't again as have since found a better foundation for my skin type. However this foundation is good, good pale yellow based shades (even if they do oxidise a bit when they've settled on skin). The only problems I really had with this foundation was it's staying power and the strong apricot smell. Most people like the smell, I never see the point of fragrance in makeup. It's another unnecessary chemical and at the end of the day why does a foundation need to smell of apricot.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Sethrin

I wouldn't buy this again.

The texture is nice (I don't think it's gel-like at all, just a light liquid foundation) and so is the smell (although in my opinion a truly good product should never be scented), but it doesn't last long at all.

My skin isn't too bad, but the coverage this gives me is barely there and after a few hours it's gone - much like the money that was in my wallet before I decided to buy this from all the "rave reviews" on youtube.

Not great in my opinion and leaves my combination skin quite dry.

Can't wait for it to run out so I can try something new with actual coverage. I used to love the Revlon Botafirm foundation, but can't get Revlon in Switzerland and they test on animals, so I'd rather try an animal-friendly product next.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by juzitou89

I really like this foundation. I am usually a MAC NC 15, MUFE HD 117 or 115 depending on the mood of my skin. I am using the lightest shade which I believe is 51 Vanille Claire, and it matches my skin quite well.
It feels like a second skin when put on, you can barely feel it on you. The coverage is good given how light-weight it is. I would say it's sheer-medium coverage, you would need concealer to cover problematic areas (I do not recommend the concealer from the same series). The foundation also smells great. It smooths out fine lines and pores wonderfully.
Lasting power is not the best, it does get a bit shiny and fades a little towards the end of the day, but a run to refresh would do the trick.
This is a great daily foundation, it doesn't clog pores or cause more problems than we already have.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Hwomack10

Oh healthy mix serum WHAT to do with you...I paid about the same as I would for MAC after hearing all the hullabaloo about this miracle foundation, and YES it looks great, covers, and is suitable for my dry sensitive skin. That being said, this stuff only lasts MAYBE 4 hours. Then leaves me looking lackluster and barefaced. Poo. What to try next...