July 31, 2014 | 1704 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Costumiere77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this kit, so much so that I require it for my Stage Makeup college course. These brushes are incredibly easy to clean and durable as well as suitable for a whole range of products- even sturdy Ben Nye creme that comes in the student kits that I suspect has a different formula from the a la carte foundations... possibly to increase shelf life.

Anyway, the buffing brush is great for application, blending, powder... everything. My least favorite is the little brush in this kit, but it is still better than most.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:00:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE these brushes!! I have a lot of the Real Techniques Brushes but from this collection I would be lost without the buffing brush and the contour brush. The buffing brush just gives the most beautiful finish and coverage and it's amazing at buffing the product in. The contour brush is the perfect size and shape for contouring, I also use it for highlighting sometimes. I tend to use the pointed foundation brush for concealer the odd time because, for me, it's much to small for foundation. I could probably live without the detailer brush but only because I have a few brushes that are around the same size and I just didn't need another one!

I bought these on iHerb because the price for these in Ireland compared to the RRP in America is crazy! So I saved about €10 on this set. For synthetic brushes they are extremely soft! They wash and dry pretty easily. They're now some of my HG brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by joeykeen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes! I only use the contour and buffing brushes on a regular basis, but the low price of this set still makes it a great deal.

- the contour brush is the best I've ever found, perfect for emphasizing cheekbones
- I love the buffing brush, perfect for buffing in mineral makeup. I actually prefer it to my $40 lancome powder foundation brush. It's also easier to clean
- I don't use liquid foundation, so I use the pointed foundation brush to apply cream blushes. It's adequate for this use, but not a must have.
- I don't really use the detailer brush.
- the case is fairly useless for me, I have all of my (very large collection of) brushes in 2 glass cups and wouldn't set these up separately. I don't like excessive or useless packaging, so I was a bit sad about the case.

I purchased this from London drugs in Canada, I was so excited to find this line of brushes there!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Natalie94

Love love love these brushes! I've had MAC ones for the past 2 years, and these brushes beat them by a mile! The buffing brush is absolutely amazing, gives me the flawless look. The contour brush is also extremely good! The foundation brush is a bit small, which is a bit of a let down, which is also the only downside to these brushes! For 4 brushes, the price isn't too much either, extremely affordable! Best brushes yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Ediecx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these so much they are amazing overall !! 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Crystalfaith

I think the samantha chapman's line of brushes is so popular, so I bought and try, and I like it...very practical.. Hope to collect the other few too..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by smei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy cow, these brushes are amazing. The buffing brush is so soft and works well with either liquid or powder foundations. It's on the smaller side but quickly works foundation into your skin for a light, airbrushed look. The other brushes probably work just as well as the sigma brushes and are pretty much just as soft. I don't really have a use for the foundation brush so sometimes I'll use it to contour my nose just for kicks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by nataliepin

Real Techniques brushes overall are amazing. In this kit, my favourites are the buffing and contour brush. The buffing brush is beautiful for liquid foundations, BB creams and blending in general. I typically use the contour brush for bronzer and contouring because I like that harsh look that it gives, but its also easy to blend out the harsher lines it creates. Also great for blush or highlight because it is quite small and fits nicely in those contours. Both are staples in my everyday routine. The foundation brush I'll pull out occasionally, usually for concealer or liquid highlighter. It does a great job but too small for foundation for my liking. The accent brush is great for spot concealing as well as lipstick application. My only problem with using it for lips is that you basically need to wash it with every use, but I suppose that goes for any lip brush. All brushes are soft on the face, easy to clean and dry fast. Comes in a handy travel case with room for extra brushes which is a great touch (and useful!). Only marking it down a bit on price because I'm in Canada, and before these were available at Walmart I ordered mine online for a hefty price of $45 rather than $20 in stores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Five stars, hands down.
My absolutely favorite brush in this kit is the buffing brush. Holy cow it is THAT good. It looks small, but it delivers like no other. It is super super soft, it is dense, therefore it makes the application of any product like a dream. I ALWAYS use this brush while applying my Chanel bronzing base (the one that gives everyone a hard, puzzled time). This brush makes the application so easy and effortless that you won't believe it. I also absolutely love using this after applying a cream blush if I feel like some edges need to me smoothed out for a more unified, flawless look.
Now, you cannot get this brush by itself which is OK since the rest of the brushes are just as good!
It took me a while to get used to the foundation brush (the flat one) and I loooove it now! It looks small, but it doesn't take long at all to distribute the product on the face. It is flexible, therefore it covers everything perfectly and has no hard time getting around tricky areas (nose, between the eyebrows).
The accent brush is truly a multitasker, since it is big enough to be used for concealer and it is small enough to be smudge eyeshadow and applying highlight in the inner eye corners.
Finally, the contour brush is so cute! I always use it to apply a powder highlighter and sometimes even blend my eyeshadow with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by shanhal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found the core collection along with two other sets in the SALE bin at my local Walmart! Of course I scooped it up! The brushes are so so soft, they don't scratch my face, nor do they leave that itchy feeling, i'v washed them over ten times and there's been no shedding! For every day, I like to use the contour brush to blend my under eye concealer, and then go in with the buffing brush for a bit of powder and wabam! It's such a breeze to use them!