Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

4.5

on 4/18/2014 8:45:00 PM

I have to say this is one of the best purchases I've made in a long time! I'm beating myself up for not doing it sooner! These brushes are so gorgeous, soft, absolutely no shedding, and truly value for money. I wished they existed years ago, before I bought the awful Coastal Scents brushes that won't stop shedding, coming apart, and generally making my makeup routine less pleasant.

Buffing brush: The reason I bought this set. This is probably my favourite of the lot. It feels soft on the skin, and blends my foundation to look like second skin! I use this to apply foundation, set loose powder, and even apply my Guerlain meteorites. Love!

Contour brush: I don't contour, so I wish this was a blush brush instead. It would really be more suitable in a CORE collection. That said, I still use it as a blush brush, though it is a bit small for that. It is covers a smaller area, so I need more time to place blush where I want it. But it still gets the job done beautifully.

Flat foundation brush: This is too small to actually apply foundation, and I prefer a fuller brush for this purpose. I tried using it for concealer, but it seemed to absorb more product than a regular nylon concealer brush and I didn't get the coverage I wanted. It also felt kinda pokey for blending out concealer under my eyes. I use this to set powder on specific spots where I've concealed, so I guess it's not a total waste!

Detailer brush: This is so great for spot concealing and gorgeous as a lip brush. I wish I have two of these so I can use them for both purposes!

Brush case: This also acts as a stand for your brushes, but it's too inconvenient to put them back into the holder all the time. Instead, I use it to dry my brushes upside down. Will also use this for travelling. This is quite handy and functional. No complaints about it as it comes with this inexpensive set of brushes. I don't expect premium quality from this case.

Minus one lippie for the brushes not being available outside of the set, lack of a blush brush, and a foundation brush that nobody really cares for. But overall, awesome, awesome brushes at 18 USD. I have paid a lot more for brushes that are vastly inferior to these.

on 4/13/2014 1:38:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

These brushes are great. Good quality, good price.

on 4/12/2014 8:05:00 PM

These brushes are amazing! Nearly every youtuber has these brushes that is why I bought them as I had heard so many good reviews! I knew they would be good but not as good as they turned out to be! I would definitely re purchase these!

Pros:
They don't shed bristles
They blend the product easily and make application much easier in my eyes
They have a stand/travelling case so they don't bend

Cons:
They don't sell these brushes individually
They are quite expensive if you are on a low budget but on the other hand they are worth the money as the old saying goes you get what you pay for!

Thanks, hannah5777

on 4/6/2014 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

These brushes are of great quality for the price and are very versatile. I often use the buffing brush for powder but have also used it for bronzer and for blush. The contour brush is great for highlighter or bronzer. I actually use the tiny detailer brush to highlighter the inner corners of my eyes and under the brow bone. The pointed foundation brush is the only one I have yet to use (I generally apply foundation/tinted moisturizer with my fingers) but I'm sure I will find a use for it. Anyone who enjoys makeup but does not want to break the bank on expensive brushes should definitely have these in their collection.

on 4/5/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- soft
- blends product well
- convenient brush holder
- no shedding

CONS

- not sold individually

COMMENTS: Great quality brushes, very affordable. I love the brush holder it comes with, as well. Below are my uses for each brush:

Detailer brush - cleaning up brows, lipstick, spot conceal
Pointed foundation brush - concealer/liquid contour placement, placing eye shadow base
Contour brush - contour, highlight, setting concealer
Buffing brush - foundation, powder, bronzer

Will repurchase.

on 4/5/2014 5:44:00 AM

Absolutely excellent makeup brushes! Love them all, especially the super soft blusher brush and amazing expert face brush. Just excellent and unbelievably good value.

on 4/4/2014 6:54:00 AM

I agree that these are great. I'd bought the set for my daughter and after trying them myself had to get them too. I use Bare Minerals and I'm afraid their brushes don't compare.

I can only reiterate what others have said, so I won't bother.
Just buy them. You're welcome.

on 3/1/2014 4:21:00 PM

I put off buying this collection several times due to the price and I ended up getting it as a present for christmas.
Concealer brush - I personally do not understand this brush, its so small and fiddly, using your fingers to apply concealer is easier and a lot quicker.
Foundation brush - I'm not a fan on foundation brushes but i think this one is okay, I am more likely to use it to apply concealer but it is nice and soft.
Contour brush - perfect size, super super soft, washes easily, use everyday, does exactly what its made for.
Buffing brush - THIS WAS WORTH THE MONEY. Favourite beauty product I own, gutted they don't sell it separately. It makes foundation application quick, easy and flawless. It applies an even coverage without caking up the foundation or powder.

I love these brushes, so dense and soft, they make applying makeup so much easier

Video Reviews & Tutorials