April 19, 2014 | 1710 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by catherinesophia

When I first bought this, I didn't like this product at all. I didn't know how to use it. Now, it is my HG product, and I use it everyday. I am VERY pale, like so pale that most foundations aren't light enough to make match me. I use this in combination with the new Chanel foundation to give my face more definition. I apply it using a large puff brush, and I bounce the brush in the product, then swirl it on my hand. I then apply the product from my hand to all around my face, my cheek bones, and my neck. I also apply regular foundation to my under eyes, chin, and forehead. The effect of this bronzer is very subtle, but it makes my cheeks and my features pop. I then apply a bright blush to my cheek bones. This is a great product and worth the price. The trick to using it is to use it very sparingly, especially if you are very light skinned :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by lelestyle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wonderful product, can use it several different ways. It even looks great as a blush. I have rosacea and this is the only bronzer that I can use without it aggravating the problem. Gives such a nice glow to the skin, looks very natural. Some people who are olive toned and darker have complained that it doesn't show up enough or some have said that it looks orange. It doesn't for me and I'm fair so be cautious when buying this. I would go to your neighborhood Chanel counter and have them apply it, walk around the store, go outside, you will know if it looks natural or not. And if you get that glowing/bronzed look that you're trying to achieve than go for it! You will not be disappointed. And you can use this all year long not just summer time. It's well worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by vrinda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this to look tanned over some of the lighter( bought by mistake) bb creams that I have.I wanted a cream version so that powder will not hinder the dewy look that bb creams give. Alas, the bronzer is not for medium-dark or olive skin tones as it does not give a bronzed look but looks more red or pinkish. I have medium to light dark skin tone.This bronzer works best on light-medium skin tones. I have been using the estee lauder soft matte bronzer( which is a powder form) but it does not give the powdery matte look and evens out the light look of the bb cream and gives a light olive or bronze glow that I am loving currently.Also, I think the Chanel Bronzer is overpriced, but maybe for light to medium skin toned women (or men), it is worth the price?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by 3110hello

I admit that it took me awhile to figure out the best way to use this product but everyone raved about it so much that I just had to get it. I love the texture and color on my NC20 complexion. I use it in two ways. At times I just contour my cheekbones with it and then I also mix it with a very sheer foundation to create a little more tannish glow to my face.

You get a lot of product for the money and even though I alternate this with Nars Laguna (which I admit is still my favorite) I feel like it brings a nice bronzy glow to my skin. Great for spring and summer - worth the investment, I believe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Alfordalice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best bronzer I have tried. Like his way more than nars laguna. Melts onto skin looks natural even on my fair nc20 skin. It is pricy but it will last you forever....the tub is huge!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 8:01:00 PM More reviews by muaddictbiotch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had this for a long time and couldn't quite get it applied correctly i tried a bunch of different brushes and my fingers.. welll i put it up for swap then a while later i got super sick of my UD bronzer turning orange on me and decided to try this baby out again ..i discovered the only brush i can use for this is a coastal scents brush its a kabuki brush but with a regular longer handle and it works wonderfully im so glad i decided to try it again :) Although I love the product and the packaging I would say its too pricey for me to re purchase.. i have discovered some other bronzing gems recently as well

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by ehy210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Looks like I'm one of the few that feel differently about this product. After all the rave, I was really excited to try this product and really wanted to love it like everyone one- especially because I love Chanel. It was a bit hard locating the product but when I finally found it at Nordstroms, it looks really orange in the container. But, I bought it anyways hoping it wouldn't be so orange on my face. Yes, this bronzer has a great texture, an amazing scent, and no shimmer . But, it pulled extremely orange on my skin. I've tried LOTS of bronzers (hoola, smashbox, nars, bobbi brown,....) and this is the orangest bronzer I have ever tried. I'm sticking to my smashbox suntan matte.

On the bright side- even though it is $50, it's actually a great deal. They give you 30 grams, which is much more than what smashbox gives.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Jels

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best bronzer ever! Beautiful colour. Product feels like a primer, very smooth and glides on easily. No shimmer, so it's perfect for contouring. Very expensive but worth the price, and comes with so much product that it will definitely last me a long time. Doesn't leave me muddy looking like a bronzing powder does when I apply it on top of my foundation. Just mixes perfectly with my foundation. Apply with a synthetic foundation brush, I tried using a fluffy hair powder brush and ended up messing it up with stray hairs that fell off my brush and into the container. I have super oily skin, and doesn't break me out either. Love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by kapapathanasiou2002

This is my favourite make up base!I use it all year round,during winter mixed with my moisturizer so it gives me a soft sun kissed touch and in summertime,that i use total sunblock for my face,as it is so that my face/neck has the same color with my body.I have combination skin and this product does not feel greasy even in hot greek summer temperatures!I even think that it has a light covering effect and as i dont like heavy coverage on daily basis,this bronzer, plus concealer and blush and i'm off to work!It is not cheal ,but it' worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by kmichael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only bronzer I will ever use. Period. Perfect color, perfect texture, wears like a dream and luminous without a hint of sparkle.