September 15, 2014 | 870 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First time trying a powder volumizer and this does work. I find I only need a little rubbed into the roots of my hair and it creates lots of volume. I like to tease the roots a little for extra hold. Works every time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 More reviews by Skitts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great product I only dislike the stickiness it leaves behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by adrias

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Ulta for $5.99. This powder is a Schwarzkopf brand. Schwarzkopf also sells a similar product called Osis + Dust It Matifying Powder under their other label for around 20 bucks at Ulta.

Got 2 Be Powder'ful impresses for six bucks! I have super oily, fine, limp hair. This product works wonders for me as a dry shampoo alternative. I use this product to freshen my style and avoid daily hair washing. A tiny bit worked into the roots with the fingertips delivers insane volume(sometimes it can make my short hair too big :) and chases any trace of oil away...the best part is that it fades to clear when applied to the hair. I can wash my hair every other day with use of this product on day two. I am not sure that I would use this powder on freshly washed hair as it can feel a bit tacky at the end of the day.

This one is a cheap thrill for sure! I cannot imagine that the Osis label is 14 bucks more fabulous.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by nic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love
A boost of volume for my fine hair and texture at the same time. It does feel as though you have product in your hair, but it works, and is pliable for re-styling throughout the day. It is also buildable without residue or flaking. SDM had a half price sale ($4) so I stocked up! Just LOVE this stuff. Oh and I actually like it better than the Aveeda product at $32 for less product!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by harriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yes, the product works. It lifts my roots and gives me body at the crown. However, there's always a price to be paid. The powder makes my hair feel sticky and chalky at the roots.Plus, it's the kind of thing you want to wash out the very next day and I dislike washing my hair daily. It's something I will save for special occaisons and days when my hair looks intolerably flat.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is THE product for you if you have slippery hair that does not hold volume at all. My hair is super slippery and even when I tease my hair and use hairspray, it still does not stay put.
My stylist used a similar product on my hair but unfortunately, I can't afford $25 for a teensy bottle of some hair powder. I believe she used Bumble & Bumble on me but I honestly cannot tell the difference between how the two products work. Anyways, I swear to god, I've never had volume like this before! I cannot stop raving about this product.
This cost me $3.99 (CDN) on sale at SDM regular price is $7.99. You get 10g of powder and it should last a long time depending on how much you use and how often. The only gripe I have about this is the smell...it's very synthetic but I asked myself, "Do you want it to smell like a bed of roses or do you want it to work?"
I'd rather it do it's job, thank you very much! Also, it can give your hair a bit of a strange texture. Kinda like it hasn't been washed. I don't mind this as I am usually looking for this texture anyways. But it might bother some people.
Overall I would definitely buy this again as it saved my hair and my wallet!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No