October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Stippling Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The only reason I wouldn't repurchase this is because I'm not sure what to use it for. I use the Real Techniques blush brush for my blush and I use my beauty blender for foundation. I suppose I could use it for cream blush?
Anyway, about the brush. It is quite a nice brush like all of the Real Techniques brushes I've tried. They don't shed and they're very soft. I do wish that the handles came in a simple black rather than orange and whatnot, but that's a minor detail. I like that you can stand the brush up on the handle, though I don't utilize that factor much. It works very well for everything I've tried it with (foundation, blush). It's reasonably priced for a nice quality brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am so happy I decided to purchase this little wonder. I have been using Eco Tools Flat Top Buffing brush (I believe that's what it's called - it's essentially like a sigma F80) and I LOVE it, but I was in the mood to try something new. Although the Eco-Tools is my Holy Grail I was getting bored using it everyday. It's kind of hard to describe but the bristles are soooo soft yet dense enough not to bend when you use it. It applies foundation like a dream and buffs it into the skin effortlessly. I also find that when I use this I don't need nearly as much foundation because it somehow utilizes every drop of what you have and somehow gives you more coverage with less product? I don't know how, perhaps unicorns were behind the crafting of this stippling wonder but either way - I'm sold. Real Techniques does it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by seleenabaylon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I cannot recommend this product enough! I have another stippling brush and it doesn't even come close to this stippling brush! It's dense and soft - the best thing to use for applying liquid or cream products! It picks up just enough product to spread through the face without looking cakey and archives what it promises. This is now my HOLY GRAIL for stippling brushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by cazlikesmakeup

my first real techniques brush and i am telling you that i'm planning on buying more of them!

pros:
1) does what it says- gives you a flawless, airbrushed look
2) boosts coverage, when i use this with a bb cream i get a little more coverage from buffing
3) love how it's free standing
4) doesn't make your foundation streaky.

cons:
1) the price is great for the uk and us, not so much for ireland. as it with a lot of makeup and makeup tools for us, the price is raised higher. still worth its price though

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 5:27:00 PM More reviews by Maclover26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it does my foundation, blush and blends face make up perfectly ! Love and soft but still very dense and amazing love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by TheDragonsVanity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The design of this brush is great- so many duo-fiber brushes have extra-long white fibers that will bend or fold over as you do the stippling motion into your pan of product or all over the face. This means you get more surface area coated with product, which means you get a more dense application of product, thus defeating the purpose of using the stippling brush in the first place! RT's Stippling Brush's white fibers are just a little longer than the black ones, meaning they have more support and don't fold or bend over while stippling. The size of this brush is great, too- small enough to get around the eyes and nose, but big enough so its not a tedious task to stipple the whole face.

I spray this brush with MAC Fix+ or ELF Makeup Mist & Set then stipple it over my entire face. This process accomplishes several things: it evenly applies the setting spray over the face, it does a final blend over the face so there are no harsh lines of demarcation, and it picks up any excess makeup that doesn't need to be there.

All Real Techniques brushes are very easy to clean and dry quickly. None of the Real Techniques brushes I have have ever shed on me, nor are any of them stained from continued use of colored products.

I have 2 downsides to Real Techniques brushes:

1) If you use alcohol or an alcohol-based cleaner to spot-clean clean your synthetic brushes, be sure to keep it away from the rubbery/soft coating on the black handle- it will melt the coating off. It doesn't ruin the brush, but you will be left with a black, shiny plastic handle with sharpish edges (this happened to my Expert Face Brush).

2) The aluminum ferrule will dent relatively easily compared to steel ferrules of other brushes. Do NOT knock the brush on the side of your sink to shake the excess water out after you've washed any of your Real Techniques brushes- it will dent the crap out of it. Don't ask me how I know. ~sigh~

Overall Real Techniques brushes are high quality, ultra-soft brushes at a great price point. I would recommend them to anyone.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by ammit1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I might buy this again but I'm aware there are many similar brushes out there so I don't know. I said yes though.

I use this to apply my NARS tinted moisturiser and it does a really stellar job, the brush is cheap and cruelty free. I have reviewed most of the brushes in this line quite middle of the line but this one is actually useful to me. I think it's good for applying cream blush as well. Love it. Will keep using and might replace with something more high end in the future but if it ain't broke don't fix it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this stippling brish. Before using it, i prime it with a bit of moisturizer. I like to use it with liquid foundation -- goes on beautifully & evenly; i also like to use this to buff out a harsh blush, like nars exhibit a. The handle is great, the bristles are great! Try it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

This is a fabulous brush. Yes, it has smaller bristles compared to other stippling brushes but I think that it's definitely a beneficial detail of this brush. I tried using this with a foundation and to be honest it did not work for me very well (I think you will need it to be much bigger for foundation application). But I do absolutely love to use it while applying my cream blushes and highlighters. It blends them very well and makes your face look flawless without streaking.
For the price you absolutely cannot beat it. I also love waiting for special deals on these brushes at ULTA that way you can buy more of them and save more money. Who needs MAC or SIGMA, pshhh ;)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Paulinecheyram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would've given this brush 5 lippies because I love how easy and flawless it puts my liquid foundation on. However, after about a year and a half of using it, all of a sudden the brush hairs started falling out! I took care of this brush, so I don't know why all the hairs are starting to fall out, I have to go buy a new one now /: