July 29, 2014 | 1032 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Supercurl Curling Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by kristiwashere

I have this product in a sample size that came with the Urban Bride kit. I've never used a "higher-end" mascara because I know drugstore ones get great reviews. However, I've always had issues with my eyeliner/mascara smearing and sweating off and just not keeping put! All the mascaras I tried that were the best-reviewed drugstore just didn't perform any better, I didn't want to waste my money on anything more expensive!

However - I LOVE this mascara. Right now, I'll call it my HG mascara! I have short, sparse eyelashes (even the "natural" fake eyelashes are twice as long and thick as mine..) But this mascara adds so much length with one swipe, and also does not clump or tangle my lashes. A few coats on top and one on bottom is perfect for me.. and it stays put! I always assumed eyeliner was the culprit for smearing on the bottom of my eye, but now my same Revlon ColorStay eyeliner doesn't budge with this mascara.

I can see why some complain that it doesn't thicken lashes - which is true. But for everyday, and not wanting super clumpy thick lashes, this is perfect. It makes my eyelashes look as long as a normal person's (since mine are so short) and I love that. I can't wait to try more of Urban Decay's mascaras to see if they perform this great! Also, since the full size is only $20, I don't think this is terribly expensive. I may spend $8 on a crappy mascara at the drugstore, but $20 for my HG mascara seems pretty good to me!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Akaia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pretty packaging. This one really does supercurl! it doesn't add thickness, though. I need thick lashes. But it is the best one at sephora for curling, in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ggmarsfan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara from the Sephora Lash Stash and so far this has been one of my favorite mascaras from that bunch. I really love the color it imparts on my lashes, and with only one coat I can see such a difference. My lashes looked more curled and a lot more volumized. They also manage to stay like that throughout an entire day of university. I have never been a fan of curling mascaras but this one really has me considering trying out more. My only complaint would be that when I try applying multiple coats, my eyes sometimes get a bit sensitive to the product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 4:14:00 PM More reviews by gconn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

At first application, this looked okay. Some length, some volume. I waited for it to dry, and the curling power was evident, but instead of curling my lashes upward, it curled them sideways, tangling them into eachother in a mascara-induced lash jungle.

I combed them out and hoped they'd last the day.

Well, they did last the day. No smudges or running, which is surprising because my eyes were watering all day. Why were they running? Well. This mascara irritated the DICKENS out of my eyes. I don't know if pieces broke off or what, because I couldn't see any, but both were sore and stingy. Needless to say, straight to the trash. The effects are okay and the lasting power is good, but this is NOT for sensitive eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by stashdiphi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This came with the Book of Shadows IV, and sat in the box for months, because I have plenty of mascara as it is, and didn't need it. I decided to try it out recently, and like it a lot. It does actually curl my lashes, which is nice because I can't be arsed to do so on my own. It's easy to apply, and stays put quite nicely. I'm giving it 4 lippies because it does clump, but that's not a major issue. If I apply it carefully and with a light hand, it looks great.

I would buy it for sure, but I'm not too picky about mascara, honestly.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2012 3:21:00 AM More reviews by angelswing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this from the Sephora Lashstash. I don't like it for the following reasons 1. It clumps up on my lashes making them look like spider legs. 2. It is hard to coat evenly. If you apply too little, it doesn't have any effects on your lashes. If you put on too much, you get spider legs. 3. It gives me length but no volume.

Pro:
--it doesn't smear

Con:
--clumps up
--no volume

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by LadyDianeC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recieved this product in the UD Book of Shadows 4 from Hautelook, the entire package was only $29.95. Which was a total steal! I have been using the product for quite sometime now, and I really like how it defines and elongates my lashes. I also sometimes layer another masacard on top of this one for extra volume. I will for sure buy the regular size of this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as part of the 2011 Sephora Lash Stash and I love it. I have never used a mascara that was so good at curling, separating, and lengthening. Usually I prefer more volume, but the fact that it does such a good job in the other departments means that my eyelashes are defined and fairly dramatic, so I don't really miss the lack of volume. The curled wand is great. It makes the mascara very easy to use! I normally don't purchase more expensive mascaras because I find that drugstore mascaras work fine for me, but I will consider purchasing this when my (very generous) sample size runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by randers

I really wanted to like this mascara, but I had to toss it for several reasons.

First, the performance. I will preface this by saying I have long, thin lashes, but many of them, if that makes sense. The mascara does do a very good job of curling lashes and keeping the curl. However, I found the formula too wet and heavy and it just didn't work for my lashes. The mascara took forever to dry and just didn't separate my lashes to my liking. Yes, I suppose I could have bought a primer, but there are a dozen drugstore mascaras that perform better than this on my lashes so why bother?

The second issue was that my mascara went bad very quickly. I received it in the UD Urban Bride kit, so maybe it had been sitting on the shelves for a while. Whatever it was, the mascara starting stinking BADLY after just a month. I tried to get a little more use out of it, but it started irritating my eyes so I tossed it. This might be a one-off issue, but I want to include it regardless.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by test0276