Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 4/26/2012 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The pigment and staying power on this mascara is good. But, the consistency and the brush are not good. The brush is super stiff, and the bristles are a little too spread apart to catch every lash. This may also be why it tends to clump up. I did not notice any curling action, and not too much added volume either.

on 4/13/2012 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HG mascara! I have naturally curly lashes, so I can't say how well it actually holds a curl, but it doesn't make my lashes any straighter I suppose. It lengthens and gives me a doll lash effect. Semi-spidery, but I think just the right amount of spider works better on me than looking like I have a million lashes. It doesn't cling on to the tiny lashes that are just growing in which means I don't get stumpy lashes hitting me in my eyes every time I blink. This stuff is AMAZEBALLS!

I have this product in a sample size that came with the Urban Bride kit. I've never used a "higher-end" mascara because I know drugstore ones get great reviews. However, I've always had issues with my eyeliner/mascara smearing and sweating off and just not keeping put! All the mascaras I tried that were the best-reviewed drugstore just didn't perform any better, I didn't want to waste my money on anything more expensive!

However - I LOVE this mascara. Right now, I'll call it my HG mascara! I have short, sparse eyelashes (even the "natural" fake eyelashes are twice as long and thick as mine..) But this mascara adds so much length with one swipe, and also does not clump or tangle my lashes. A few coats on top and one on bottom is perfect for me.. and it stays put! I always assumed eyeliner was the culprit for smearing on the bottom of my eye, but now my same Revlon ColorStay eyeliner doesn't budge with this mascara.

I can see why some complain that it doesn't thicken lashes - which is true. But for everyday, and not wanting super clumpy thick lashes, this is perfect. It makes my eyelashes look as long as a normal person's (since mine are so short) and I love that. I can't wait to try more of Urban Decay's mascaras to see if they perform this great! Also, since the full size is only $20, I don't think this is terribly expensive. I may spend $8 on a crappy mascara at the drugstore, but $20 for my HG mascara seems pretty good to me!

on 4/3/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pretty packaging. This one really does supercurl! it doesn't add thickness, though. I need thick lashes. But it is the best one at sephora for curling, in my opinion.

on 4/3/2012 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got this mascara from the Sephora Lash Stash and so far this has been one of my favorite mascaras from that bunch. I really love the color it imparts on my lashes, and with only one coat I can see such a difference. My lashes looked more curled and a lot more volumized. They also manage to stay like that throughout an entire day of university. I have never been a fan of curling mascaras but this one really has me considering trying out more. My only complaint would be that when I try applying multiple coats, my eyes sometimes get a bit sensitive to the product.

on 3/19/2012 4:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

At first application, this looked okay. Some length, some volume. I waited for it to dry, and the curling power was evident, but instead of curling my lashes upward, it curled them sideways, tangling them into eachother in a mascara-induced lash jungle.

I combed them out and hoped they'd last the day.

Well, they did last the day. No smudges or running, which is surprising because my eyes were watering all day. Why were they running? Well. This mascara irritated the DICKENS out of my eyes. I don't know if pieces broke off or what, because I couldn't see any, but both were sore and stingy. Needless to say, straight to the trash. The effects are okay and the lasting power is good, but this is NOT for sensitive eyes.

on 3/14/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This came with the Book of Shadows IV, and sat in the box for months, because I have plenty of mascara as it is, and didn't need it. I decided to try it out recently, and like it a lot. It does actually curl my lashes, which is nice because I can't be arsed to do so on my own. It's easy to apply, and stays put quite nicely. I'm giving it 4 lippies because it does clump, but that's not a major issue. If I apply it carefully and with a light hand, it looks great.

I would buy it for sure, but I'm not too picky about mascara, honestly.

on 3/3/2012 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I got this from the Sephora Lashstash. I don't like it for the following reasons 1. It clumps up on my lashes making them look like spider legs. 2. It is hard to coat evenly. If you apply too little, it doesn't have any effects on your lashes. If you put on too much, you get spider legs. 3. It gives me length but no volume.

Pro:
--it doesn't smear

Con:
--clumps up
--no volume

on 2/25/2012 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I recieved this product in the UD Book of Shadows 4 from Hautelook, the entire package was only $29.95. Which was a total steal! I have been using the product for quite sometime now, and I really like how it defines and elongates my lashes. I also sometimes layer another masacard on top of this one for extra volume. I will for sure buy the regular size of this mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got this as part of the 2011 Sephora Lash Stash and I love it. I have never used a mascara that was so good at curling, separating, and lengthening. Usually I prefer more volume, but the fact that it does such a good job in the other departments means that my eyelashes are defined and fairly dramatic, so I don't really miss the lack of volume. The curled wand is great. It makes the mascara very easy to use! I normally don't purchase more expensive mascaras because I find that drugstore mascaras work fine for me, but I will consider purchasing this when my (very generous) sample size runs out.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products