October 1, 2014 | 1251 users online

Other - Vaseline - Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by HEXXY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AMAZING, and nothing like regular, plain petroleum jelly. Here's why:

-light texture. great slip.

-smells like vanilla. I hate a lot of cocoa butter smells, like the Palmer's stick; don't let that put you off of this product.

-flip cap package; so convenient, pleasing rounded corners on this jar design, just very appealing in the hand and looks nice enough to have around.

I can't remember the price but it's very inexpensive for a jar that will last months, I'm sure. After using this in place of lip balms and treatments for a week, my lips are soft and completely unchapped for the first time in a really long time.

The key to normal petroleum jelly and baby oil use is that you must use them as a layer OVER moisture to seal it in (I use plain old water, not a product, for moisture). I have done the same with this although I'm not it's needed at all; this formulation is far more moisturizing on its own. The 2nd of 3 ingredients is Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter.

Recommend.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by PixieDust22791

its great and cheap. i use it on my arms and legs at night after i put on my body lotion. it moisturizes and conditions my skin. i like the mild scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by tiinnhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just absolutely LOVE Vaseline jelly! Its cheap, easy to find, and its multi-functional! I can use for just about everything. And with the delightful cocoa butter scent, its even better! Its super cheap at only $2.99 for 0.75 oz. That may seem like a small amount but trust me ladies, this bottle will last you for years! I guess the only con is like with all petroleum jelly containers its an open jar so you have to dip your hands into the product. So much sure you clean those hands ladies!

What I use Vaseline for:
Eye makeup remover (it will even get off the waterproof mascaras)
Eye lash & lid conditioner (at night only)
Lip balm
Lip exfoliant (with a bit of sugar & a toothbrush!)
Preventing hair dye smudges on your face. just apply all over hair line and ears prior to dying hair.
Apply to shin bones for a bit of attractive sheen.
cuticle softener.

And the list goes on and on. The best part is you really only need a little bit for each one of those options I listed!