Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Cleansing Oil

3.2

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Polysorbate-80, Polysorbate-20, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Citrus Grandis (Pomelo Grapefruit) Seed oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol, (Antioxidant), Sucralose.

on 1/12/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have tried many different cleansing oils, including DHC, Mac, Dermalogica precleanse, Shu pink and green, boscia, etc.
DHC broke me out, pink shu was too drying, precleanse is my favorite, the others are a good solid choice.
Other than DHC and Shu pink, josie maran's argan oil is at the bottom of the list for me because it does not cleanse as well as all my others. It smells like orange blossom (?) and is quite thick as others have stated, but my main gripe is that it did not leave my face feeling as clean as my others. I will suggest that you use a separate eye makeup remover especially if you wear waterproof mascara when using a cleansing oil, but it should cut right through your spf, foundation, face powder and even setting spray.

on 1/6/2013 8:18:00 PM

I got this in a Kat Von D pouch filled with samples as part of a Sephora christmas order, so I can't speak to price or size, only my experience.

I've loved DHC Cleansing OIl for years, and hadn't tried anything else, except pure EVOO, so I was excited to try something different.

I used it the first time with a full face of makeup. I was stunned at the consistency, it was like cold honey and so very sticky. But, after working it into my skin as best I could, then scrubbing with a terry cloth, I got really, really clean, soft, skin. The results rivaled DHC, and, my eyes weren't blurred afterward, a pesky side effect of DHC's product. Then I read the reviews here and saw that I'm not the only one a little freaked out over the stickiness.

I used it a second time on a makeup free face and was even more impressed with its cleaning ability.
For reference I am an NW20, pale, with freckles, hormonal breakouts and large pores. My skin was again soft, but the annoying clogged pores looked less so.

Would purchase this product in the future, although I'd continue to use a different product to remove eye makeup so I don't have to tug on that delicate skin.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Soooo, I really wanted to try the cleansing oil route, as it seemed to make sense being that your skin is made up of oils. I used exactly as directed, on a dry face with dry hands. It DID remove makeup, etc... HOWEVER, the smell/taste were disgusting and it left my skin dry and tight. I wasn't pleased whatsoever, and immediately returned the product. Needless to say, I won't be trying any cleansing oils again anytime soon. Also, the fact that you must use dry face/hands makes it very inconvenient to use in the shower. Therefore, I suggest if you're going to purchase this product, that you also purchase a separate cleanser to use in the bath/shower.

on 1/5/2013 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cleansing oil is nothing like Shu's.. so if you like that oil, you should stick with it. I got this in a set with the argan oil and several other items. It has a citrus smell, and is very thick when applying it to my face. I accidentally got some in my mouth when I was washing it off, and it has a strange bitter taste. This product is a fail.. they should make a different cleanser that isn't so thick and unpleasant..

on 12/30/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

As most of the other reviewers have said this is a thick product that does pull at the skin if you don't mix water. However I usually like to wet my face first to get my makeup moving around on my face then apply this cleanser and I have no problems. With the way I use this I would say it cleans off about 80% of my makeup so I'll use a toner after to make sure I've got everything off. If you use heavy makeup then I would say this is not for you.
Even though this is an oil it can be drying so you have to moisturizer afterward. I haven't had any problem with packaging and it hasn't broken me out. My only real problem with this product is the price. I think this is a good product overall however I'm not sure if I would pay this much again.

on 11/29/2012 2:53:00 PM

For a cleansing oil, the consistency is a little too thick for my preference. Did not seem to really clean my face well or rinse off well.

on 11/26/2012 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't much like this cleansing oil. I don't mind the scent at all, but it's sticky and you literally can't rub it around on your face - my fingers move about half an inch and then they just stick in place. It's the weirdest stuff ever. you have to add water to get it spread over your face, and that causes it to emulsify and it doesn't clean as well then. I will use the bottle but will not repurchase. It cleans *ok* but there are too many other, cheaper oils to use that work the way a cleansing oil is supposed to work to buy this again.

on 11/14/2012 1:51:00 PM

I'm a huge fan of oil cleansers. I normally use Babor but was running low and hadn't ordered it. Babor is not available where I live, so I popped into Sephora for an emergency substitute. I've used Josie Maran hair oil before, was impressed with the facial oil's ingredients, and thought it would be a good choice. It wasn't. As others have said, this is too thick to glide smoothly over the skin until water is added. Too much pulling and tugging! Yikes! I thought it was a little too difficult to rinse away, and I had a big breakout after a few days of using it (big breakout as in so bad I went to the derm), making me think I still didn't rinse well enough. The smell is horrendous. The citrusy notes are ok, but there is another scent in it that makes you want to barf because it smells like, well, barf. Seriously. I gave this a good 10 days' effort and just couldn't deal with it. Not for me.

on 11/11/2012 8:37:00 PM

I do like this for the winter especially with the fact I use Retin A. I noticed it has stopped my peeling from the dry weather because my skin was fine till it got cold. Once the weather started getting bad i started using this it's a thick oil but I like it I don't use it to remove my eye makeup as I use remover so I can't say how it is on the eyes. I can say on my face it's amazing. It removes my makeup easily and leaves my skin so soft. I can also say it hasn't broken me out and that's really important to me. I do love the scent and I love cleansing oils so I want to try others but would repurchase.

on 9/20/2012 9:26:00 PM

This product is really amazing because i've been using it for 20 days and I love it! I was sooo skeptikal about adding more oil to my face, however this is a life saver.Try it! You have nothing to loose!