November 27, 2014 | 1448 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by misanders

I was looking for a face wash that would work with my sensitive skin and this worked great. As others have said, you have to rub it into dry skin (I did this for 30 seconds) then add water which turns the oil into a lather (rub another 30 seconds). When I rinse this off it does feel like oil is still on my skin, but when I dry off nothing is on my face. This lasted me 2 months using day and night. My skin was not red or dry while I used this. Would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Scarlett123

Doesn't remove eye makeup at all, just smears it around, and face feels dry right after washing with it, the only thing good about it is the smell. It smells like tropical fruits.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by CCatena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I received this in a kit so didn't pay anything and I am glad. It was awful. I found it thick and sticky on my skin so I ended up washing it off with another cleanser. And when I tried to use it on cotton as an eye makeup remover, it left my eyes sticky and blurry. I ended up dumping what was left in with sea salt and turning it into a bath scrub. Don't waste the money.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Merryone

I like using this product, it is a good cleanser and excellent makeup remover. I apply it with dry hands to my dry face, and then wet my hands and gently work it all over. Then rinse well, and I follow this up with wiping my face down with warm wet washcloth to make sure I remove all traces especially in the hairline and nose crease. This is not drying to my skin, but it does taste terrible! The taste would be my only complaint. I found the full-size bottle to be thicker in consistency than the deluxe sample, but it was not an issue for me. It is quite gentle to my skin, and if I was younger, I could probably get away with not using a moisturizer afterwards. I especially appreciated how my skin felt and looked the next morning, normal as opposed to greasy or dry as I have experienced with other cleansers.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin. I RIS a small bottle of this, so I had the opportunity to try it. I really liked it, I do not have other oil cleansers to compare it to. But, it did remove ALL my waterproof mascara with no problem. I would want to keep it around just for that. On top of that it does smell fabulous.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Katinthecorner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh.

I suppose this is a good oil cleanser if you have never used Shu Umera. If you have, don't bother.

I only bought this because Sephora stopped carrying Shu Umera, and I do like some of the other Josie Maran products. I am so dissappointed in this.

It does work reasonably well to remove makeup, and it does rinse off better than Shu Umera. However I find myself using three times as much and rubbing three times as hard to get my make up off in the first place. I'm just totally unimpressed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by sara942

I tried this in the store on my arm and wow that was a mistake. My arm started itching and burning and when I realized Sephora doesn't have sinks to wash off in (d'oh!) I had to leave it on my arm for a few mins and I started getting hives! I had to beg the saleslady to let me go to the back to wash off in the employee restroom because it was so irritating. And my skin is not easily irritated. What surprises me is that I had just finished off a bottle of Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil that has many citrus-y essential oils and I never had this problem. My skin is not easily irritated and I don't have any known allergies so this cleanser must be super irritating! I can't speak to how well this removes makeup because I was too scared to try it again. Sensitive skin types should definitely skip this.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

I didn't actually purchase this product, I just recieved a sample and I can already tell that I do not like this product! I used the sample about 7 times and already I know that it's a no go for me. First off, you're supposed to use the oil on dry skin. That's how I would normally oil cleanse with a combination of castor and jojoba oil but this Josie Maran oil is so thick that it feels like it's hard to move on my face! I feel like I just keep tugging and pulling at my face to get it to spread evenly. After you've massaged into your dry face, you're supposed to get it wet and massage again. Well, I did that and I'm not quite sure what that purpose is. It didn't turn it into a "milky consistency" like I had heard. It really just washed most of it off. Plus, no matter how hard I tried, I could not keep this product out of my mouth and let me tell you, it tastes terrible!! I used my Clarisonic Mia2 after using this to "take off" my makeup and my brush was still covered in foundation! It barely took off anything. I'll stick to my regular castor/jojoba oil mix. That works much better for me and is cheaper too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I wanted to try this product because cleansing oils are so popular in Asia. I really liked this during the winter months when even my oily combo skin needed the extra moisture. I loved the scent. It didn't break me out and it left my skin supple, not stripped of moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by xannav

bought this cleanser because i was looking for something new and something that is good for my skin. i have combo/dry skin and tend to get dehydrated skin often. i opted for josie marans argan cleansing oil because it had great moisturizing properties.so i purchased it, took it home, used it and at first i loved it, because it made my skin so soft and it left a nice glow. it also has a great citrus-y scent that i lovee! now that i have been using it for about a month i'm not crazy about it anymore. i'm finding that it is leaving my skin tight and dry which is the opposite effect of what it should be doing. oh and the packaging is quite awful as well. it has a nice pump, but if you accidently knock it over the oil will leak everywhere and its a pain to clean!
i wouldnt purchase this again, im going to look elsewhere.