April 19, 2014 | 1049 users online

Cleansers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Katinthecorner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh.

I suppose this is a good oil cleanser if you have never used Shu Umera. If you have, don't bother.

I only bought this because Sephora stopped carrying Shu Umera, and I do like some of the other Josie Maran products. I am so dissappointed in this.

It does work reasonably well to remove makeup, and it does rinse off better than Shu Umera. However I find myself using three times as much and rubbing three times as hard to get my make up off in the first place. I'm just totally unimpressed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by sara942

I tried this in the store on my arm and wow that was a mistake. My arm started itching and burning and when I realized Sephora doesn't have sinks to wash off in (d'oh!) I had to leave it on my arm for a few mins and I started getting hives! I had to beg the saleslady to let me go to the back to wash off in the employee restroom because it was so irritating. And my skin is not easily irritated. What surprises me is that I had just finished off a bottle of Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil that has many citrus-y essential oils and I never had this problem. My skin is not easily irritated and I don't have any known allergies so this cleanser must be super irritating! I can't speak to how well this removes makeup because I was too scared to try it again. Sensitive skin types should definitely skip this.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/30/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sremmers123

I didn't actually purchase this product, I just recieved a sample and I can already tell that I do not like this product! I used the sample about 7 times and already I know that it's a no go for me. First off, you're supposed to use the oil on dry skin. That's how I would normally oil cleanse with a combination of castor and jojoba oil but this Josie Maran oil is so thick that it feels like it's hard to move on my face! I feel like I just keep tugging and pulling at my face to get it to spread evenly. After you've massaged into your dry face, you're supposed to get it wet and massage again. Well, I did that and I'm not quite sure what that purpose is. It didn't turn it into a "milky consistency" like I had heard. It really just washed most of it off. Plus, no matter how hard I tried, I could not keep this product out of my mouth and let me tell you, it tastes terrible!! I used my Clarisonic Mia2 after using this to "take off" my makeup and my brush was still covered in foundation! It barely took off anything. I'll stick to my regular castor/jojoba oil mix. That works much better for me and is cheaper too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by adara260

I wanted to try this product because cleansing oils are so popular in Asia. I really liked this during the winter months when even my oily combo skin needed the extra moisture. I loved the scent. It didn't break me out and it left my skin supple, not stripped of moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by xannav

bought this cleanser because i was looking for something new and something that is good for my skin. i have combo/dry skin and tend to get dehydrated skin often. i opted for josie marans argan cleansing oil because it had great moisturizing properties.so i purchased it, took it home, used it and at first i loved it, because it made my skin so soft and it left a nice glow. it also has a great citrus-y scent that i lovee! now that i have been using it for about a month i'm not crazy about it anymore. i'm finding that it is leaving my skin tight and dry which is the opposite effect of what it should be doing. oh and the packaging is quite awful as well. it has a nice pump, but if you accidently knock it over the oil will leak everywhere and its a pain to clean!
i wouldnt purchase this again, im going to look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is an effective natural cleanser, but I it's just not right for my combo/oily skin type. Those of you with combo skin know how hard it is to find a balance where your t-zone is not oily but your cheeks aren't too dry. When I use the plain argan oil, I don't feel oiliness unless I use too much (more than a drop or two), but this cleanser leaves a distinct oily film on my face. Additional rinsing does help, but that slightly greasy feeling doesn't go away. I can't leave a layer of oil on my face or my makeup will slide off within ten minutes. This is my first cleansing oil, and I purchased it as part of a set that came with Josie's Argan sunscreen from Sephora for $20.00. I have tried a large range of JM products across the board and really like many of them. I'm saving the rest of the 0.5 ounce bottle to use in the dry winter months before I go to bed; then I'll update my review accordingly. So it's not a bad cleanser at all, it just may be a dry-weather cleanser.

UPDATE 1/3/2013: I've started using this again in the dry weather, especially as I've bought two kits of Josie's products from qvc that included this cleanser. It's still a tad too oily for anything other than cleansing before bed. Even if my skin is dehydrated enough that it doesn't feel greasy directly afterward, it still gets oilier more quickly when I use this, so I can't use it under makeup. It's still a really great cleanser that gets all the grime and makeup out of my pores. Definitely worth using at night, but not a perfect match for my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kmc93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this cleanser. I have very dry, sensitive skin, with an oily t-zone and occasional breakouts. After using this cleanser, my skin feels moisturized but not oily. Some people talk about how this doesn't produce a lot of lather, but that doesn't matter to me. If you have more severe acne, I probably wouldn't recommend this product but for my sensitive skin, it works amazingly. Most cleansers, no matter how gentle they claim to be, cause I kind of tight, burning sensation on my face after a few days of use. I never have experienced that and I have been using this product for about 7 months now.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by MrsKat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I appreciate the natural ingredient list, but didn't like this cleansing oil. It felt too thick and sticky. I think it was too drying and slightly irritating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I just used up a large sample of this and loved it! It foams nicely, it feels great and really improved my skin. I will buy it again the next time I am in the States since it is a fair bit more here in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by bsullivan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My prescription acne medicine was leaving my face dry, flaky, and I still had breakouts! I have been using this for a few months now followed by the argan oil as a moisturizer. I no longer break out, and my skin appears more even, moisturized, and even "glows". It is pricey and tastes awful if you get it in your mouth, but these are things that I can overlook for great skin.