April 17, 2014 | 1801 users online

Conditioner - Garnier - Pure-Clean

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have low maintenance hair, so it's pretty difficult for a shampoo/conditioner to mess it up, but this conditioner managed to do just that. I ended up using 3x the normal amount of conditioner and my long hair was still in knots. So even though it didn't feel conditioning enough during the shower, the next day my hair was somehow oilier than usual. Pass.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by deppgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw this in the store and I thought that it had an average price, I think about 5 or 6 dollars. I liked the smell alot and i really liked that it was eco friendly. I dont like puttiing chemicals in my hair as much as the next person. But the first time I used it, by the time my hair was dry it was like i put lotion all over my scalp. My hair clumped together and was really greasy feeling on the top and my ends were bone dry. In all of the conditioners I have used, even dollar store brands, this has the worst effect on my hair. It is royally annoying that I spent money that I am going to throw away and that this eco friendly initiative went very awry. I do not reccomend unless you want a very bad hair day, every day.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/4/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lizavet8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh boy, this is pretty bad. Left a horrible, gummy residue on the hair. My hair felt like I'd coated it with something...if I lifted a hank of it, it sort of stayed there. This product did not moisturize nor provide any shine. I'm not sure where they were going with this one, or who has the appropriate hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Aww man, why all the hate for this? This conditioner is such a great product! It offers awesome slip when you go to comb your hair out, the ingredients are eco-friendly and wonderful, and the smell is great. My hair seriously feels healthier after I use it. I can't get enough of the Pure Clean line.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by annerkee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've found that the Garnier shampoos and conditioners can be a hit or miss, but this one is by far the biggest "miss". The conditioner had a very unusual feel, not the usual silky-smooth feel of regular conditioners when I put it in my hair. This carried over when I stepped out of the shower to dry my hair. I had trouble getting a comb through it (keep in mind I have rather short hair) and it felt rather heavy once it was dried.

My hair tends to get a bit oily and clumpy after a day without a wash. With this conditioner I found that the oily-clumpiness came within hours of washing my hair. Not good. I've tried applying the conditioner just to my ends and I've tried washing it out completely, but nothing seems to keep it from making my hair feel oily and heavy after a few hours. As a result I've more of less dropped using this conditioner (and its matching shampoo).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by swim

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to agree with the negative reviews...this is not moisturizing. This product does not work on my dry hair. It leaves it feeling crunchy/sticky after really rinsing it out and drying it. Feels fine in the shower but not great after your hair dries. The matching shampoo was great...too bad this is just not for dry hair. I want to do good things for the environment but I will not purchase this conditioner again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Jowalters

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE
After using this for a while, I just could not stand the way my hair felt. It was like there was some sort of nasty build-up on it. I have to give this a zero (OK, it would not let me give it a zero, so it got a one), and I will never buy it again.

Hi,
I noticed also that my hair felt funny after use. Almost sticky, like something thick was on it. Did not like to touch my hair at all.

Well, I tried the shampoo and conditioner again, only this time I did not use my styling lotion (Bumble and Bumble) or the hair spray (Nexxus Comb Through)I usually use.

My hair felt fine. It seems that this shampoo and conditioner just does not feel right when I use it with these styling products.
And when I use this shampoo and conditioner these styling products are not necessary.

I would buy the shampoo and conditioner again. I like the smell too.

But that little 'button' for the flip top is rather hard to use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by pinknika

I don't know if we're all reviewing the same product here. The product I'm using is NOTHING like what the other reviewers say. I'm using the green fructis bottle labeled pure & clean, no silicone, save the planet etc.

Well anyway, needed a real clean conditioner and grabbed this in the shower, (it's my boyfriends) funny thing about that is he wanted a basic conditioner that smelled neutral and fresh. I remember helping him pick it out haha. Anyway so I tried this and first thing I noticed is the smell. Smells like fresh green apple. And to be honest I never like the Fructis line because of the fragrance, it's too much. But this one is very nice.

I was expecting this to rinse out kinda like Trader Joes conditioner or VO5 or all those brands that don't really condition. This rinsed out very smooth and felt extremely conditioned. So much for a light conditioner. But after blow drying I am pleased. My hair is really soft and really shiny. And it retained the green apple smell.
I don't know long term if it's gonna build up and I don't think I'm going to find out either. But it was a nice change. I'll use again when I feel the need to switch things up.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by mas017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I usually like this brand, but this stuff is AWFUL! It smells awful and it leaves a residue in my hair. The first time I used it I thought I just hadn't rinsed my hair enough, but last time I made sure I rinsed thoroughly and it my hair just feels sticky. It also makes my hair tangle, which I don't normally have a problem with. Stay away from this product! I will never buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Jam0026

Will NEVER buy this again. May not even buy Garnier again after this bad experience. This stuff smells great in the bottle, smells awesome as it lathers, but something awful happens sometime after the shower (possibly blow drying?). It REEKS. Like fish oil. Like metal. Even my boyfriend tells me my hair stinks. It's awful and musty. What's worse is that I refuse to waste it, so I'm actually working my way through the whole stinking bottle. I know, I'm crazy. I just hate wasting money, especially when I don't have any to waste. Also, hate wasting products - that's why I bought this Pure Clean nonsense to begin with!! To do my part for the planet. Anyway, I seriously can't wait until the bottle is empty so I can recycle it and NEVER buy it again. I should probably call Garnier. And FYI, I don't use any other products. In fact, I use hairspray to somewhat mask the hideous fish stench. It's awful. Oh, and I've bought and been VERY satisfied with Garnier products in the past. This one definitely rubbed me wrong though.