Garnier Pure-Clean

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/18/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This conditioner didn't work for me at all. It detangles well enough and it isn't till a a few days later that I realized how incredibly dry and damaged it left my hair. I've never had an issue with split ends before but for the 1st time in my life I had horribly dry hair that felt like dry ,dead cat hair and had split ends all over. I would never purchase this product again.

on 7/18/2011 7:34:00 PM

This conditioner did not work on my hair at all! I have thick, frizz prone, waist length hair and it did not condition my hair one bit. It felt as if I only washed with shampoo. I also used it on my 3 year old daughter since she too has thick, long hair and her hair was just as tangled as mine. I do not recommend this conditioner at all. It's just sitting in my bathroom getting ready to get tossed out.

on 7/15/2011 6:32:00 PM

Don't know why this is getting such negative reviews, it's a pretty good conditioner that smells amazing. I have long bleached hair so I usually opt for a thicker conditioner but I was surprised with this stuff.. no knots and hair looked great after it was dry. I will buy this again, cheap, works.. smells good.

on 7/11/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

my hair isnt very fussy. a good wash and brushing, then my hair looks smooth and healthy!
but this conditioner ruined it. when i first combed it through, it seemed like it was moisturizing my ends pretty well. it remained that way for a couple days.
after the first week, i noticed that my hair was irritating my face, which it had never done before. it got pretty bad because i started breaking out. my hair had then fallen flat, but there were random strands sticking up. it looked like i rubbed a balloon on my head! so embarrassing!
what finally did it for me was when i examined my hair up close, and saw that my ends were split and my strands were fried.
i really wanted to like this because it claims to be "biodegradable". but this conditioner turned my hair from silky to frizzy! i just hope i can save my locks!

on 7/9/2011 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have low maintenance hair, so it's pretty difficult for a shampoo/conditioner to mess it up, but this conditioner managed to do just that. I ended up using 3x the normal amount of conditioner and my long hair was still in knots. So even though it didn't feel conditioning enough during the shower, the next day my hair was somehow oilier than usual. Pass.

on 6/7/2011 5:07:00 PM

I saw this in the store and I thought that it had an average price, I think about 5 or 6 dollars. I liked the smell alot and i really liked that it was eco friendly. I dont like puttiing chemicals in my hair as much as the next person. But the first time I used it, by the time my hair was dry it was like i put lotion all over my scalp. My hair clumped together and was really greasy feeling on the top and my ends were bone dry. In all of the conditioners I have used, even dollar store brands, this has the worst effect on my hair. It is royally annoying that I spent money that I am going to throw away and that this eco friendly initiative went very awry. I do not reccomend unless you want a very bad hair day, every day.

on 6/4/2011 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh boy, this is pretty bad. Left a horrible, gummy residue on the hair. My hair felt like I'd coated it with something...if I lifted a hank of it, it sort of stayed there. This product did not moisturize nor provide any shine. I'm not sure where they were going with this one, or who has the appropriate hair.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Aww man, why all the hate for this? This conditioner is such a great product! It offers awesome slip when you go to comb your hair out, the ingredients are eco-friendly and wonderful, and the smell is great. My hair seriously feels healthier after I use it. I can't get enough of the Pure Clean line.

on 5/31/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I've found that the Garnier shampoos and conditioners can be a hit or miss, but this one is by far the biggest "miss". The conditioner had a very unusual feel, not the usual silky-smooth feel of regular conditioners when I put it in my hair. This carried over when I stepped out of the shower to dry my hair. I had trouble getting a comb through it (keep in mind I have rather short hair) and it felt rather heavy once it was dried.

My hair tends to get a bit oily and clumpy after a day without a wash. With this conditioner I found that the oily-clumpiness came within hours of washing my hair. Not good. I've tried applying the conditioner just to my ends and I've tried washing it out completely, but nothing seems to keep it from making my hair feel oily and heavy after a few hours. As a result I've more of less dropped using this conditioner (and its matching shampoo).

on 5/22/2011 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to agree with the negative reviews...this is not moisturizing. This product does not work on my dry hair. It leaves it feeling crunchy/sticky after really rinsing it out and drying it. Feels fine in the shower but not great after your hair dries. The matching shampoo was great...too bad this is just not for dry hair. I want to do good things for the environment but I will not purchase this conditioner again.