Garnier Pure-Clean

1.9

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

: ((((((

This is the worst conditioner I've ever used. I should have listened to the reviews. My hair is very fine and straight and doesn't require much management. I don't even own a hair dryer or any styling products. However, this conditioner managed to make my hair feel greasy and heavy in that way that makes your hair look like you just stepped out of the shower or poured oil all over your hair. I also has a funky pear like scent that makes me feel nauseous. I had to use an apple cider vinegar rinse and multiple shampooings to get this out. I've been using natural products for quite a while and fear that this line will steer people away from the clean green route.

on 7/20/2011 2:02:00 AM

Im a huge Garnier fructis fan, they are the only drugstore brand Ill buy, but this was horrible..I only tried on the conditioner and after the shower I thought the smell was pretty nice but it left a gel-like textured reside on my hair..It was horrible, at first I also thought I must have not rinsed completely, but after reading the reviews I now know that this product is just bad.

on 7/18/2011 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This conditioner didn't work for me at all. It detangles well enough and it isn't till a a few days later that I realized how incredibly dry and damaged it left my hair. I've never had an issue with split ends before but for the 1st time in my life I had horribly dry hair that felt like dry ,dead cat hair and had split ends all over. I would never purchase this product again.

on 7/18/2011 7:34:00 PM

This conditioner did not work on my hair at all! I have thick, frizz prone, waist length hair and it did not condition my hair one bit. It felt as if I only washed with shampoo. I also used it on my 3 year old daughter since she too has thick, long hair and her hair was just as tangled as mine. I do not recommend this conditioner at all. It's just sitting in my bathroom getting ready to get tossed out.

on 7/15/2011 6:32:00 PM

Don't know why this is getting such negative reviews, it's a pretty good conditioner that smells amazing. I have long bleached hair so I usually opt for a thicker conditioner but I was surprised with this stuff.. no knots and hair looked great after it was dry. I will buy this again, cheap, works.. smells good.

on 7/11/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

my hair isnt very fussy. a good wash and brushing, then my hair looks smooth and healthy!
but this conditioner ruined it. when i first combed it through, it seemed like it was moisturizing my ends pretty well. it remained that way for a couple days.
after the first week, i noticed that my hair was irritating my face, which it had never done before. it got pretty bad because i started breaking out. my hair had then fallen flat, but there were random strands sticking up. it looked like i rubbed a balloon on my head! so embarrassing!
what finally did it for me was when i examined my hair up close, and saw that my ends were split and my strands were fried.
i really wanted to like this because it claims to be "biodegradable". but this conditioner turned my hair from silky to frizzy! i just hope i can save my locks!

on 7/9/2011 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have low maintenance hair, so it's pretty difficult for a shampoo/conditioner to mess it up, but this conditioner managed to do just that. I ended up using 3x the normal amount of conditioner and my long hair was still in knots. So even though it didn't feel conditioning enough during the shower, the next day my hair was somehow oilier than usual. Pass.

on 6/7/2011 5:07:00 PM

I saw this in the store and I thought that it had an average price, I think about 5 or 6 dollars. I liked the smell alot and i really liked that it was eco friendly. I dont like puttiing chemicals in my hair as much as the next person. But the first time I used it, by the time my hair was dry it was like i put lotion all over my scalp. My hair clumped together and was really greasy feeling on the top and my ends were bone dry. In all of the conditioners I have used, even dollar store brands, this has the worst effect on my hair. It is royally annoying that I spent money that I am going to throw away and that this eco friendly initiative went very awry. I do not reccomend unless you want a very bad hair day, every day.

on 6/4/2011 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh boy, this is pretty bad. Left a horrible, gummy residue on the hair. My hair felt like I'd coated it with something...if I lifted a hank of it, it sort of stayed there. This product did not moisturize nor provide any shine. I'm not sure where they were going with this one, or who has the appropriate hair.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Aww man, why all the hate for this? This conditioner is such a great product! It offers awesome slip when you go to comb your hair out, the ingredients are eco-friendly and wonderful, and the smell is great. My hair seriously feels healthier after I use it. I can't get enough of the Pure Clean line.