John Frieda Go Blonder Lightening Spray

2.7

WATER, HYDROGEN PEROXIDE, POLYSORBATE 20, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, PHOSPHORIC ACID, VP/VA COPOLYMER, FRAGRANCE, POLYQUATERNIUM-47, POLYQUATERNIUM-55, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, EXT. VIOLET 2, VITIS VINIFERA, (GRAPE) JUICE EXTRACT, ALCOHOL, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA), FLOWER EXTRACT, CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) PEEL EXTRACT, GLYCERIN, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED EXTRACT, VITIS VINIFERA (GRAPE) SEED EXTRACT TOCOPHEROL, PEG-40 HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL

If you are using this product and loving the results you've experiencing, please stop while you are ahead before you become yet another victim to this horrific product. I'm actually seriously considering contacting a product liability lawyer because of the extraordinary damage this product has done to my hair, and to many, many others. If you're interested in joining a suit, please message me here. I have naturally dark blonde hair, and used this product precisely as directed and not in excess. I took pictures of the box this product it came in, and the literature, and there are no warnings on it about limiting the number of times you should use it. I was happy with the results at first, and then one day a massive chunk of hair snapped off. My hair continued to break off all over the entire top of my head, all in areas where I'd used the spray. Over a foot of hair broke off. The areas where I did not apply the spray did not undergo any changes, which was the first clue that the spray was culpable. My doctor then confirmed it. When my hair stylist saw it she said I needed to sue for them ruining my hair. There is no other way to put it. This product didn't just have unfavorable results. It didn't just create built up. It utterly destroyed my hair beyond the ability to repair. I've had massive hair loss with a noticeable bald spot at the very front of my head, and my hair is so fragile it cannot even withstand gentle combing now. I can't blow it dry, I can't color it, I can't use any form of heat product, and I can't even brush it. I'm a professional young woman, but feel like I look like a slob because my hair is just an absolute wreck. Any attempt to style it causes more damage. The roots are weak, and the texture is dried out and gummy. It's also caused a painful condition called folliculitis. Unfortunately, stopping the product will not cause the damage to be undone. The product breaks down the structure of your hair, so months after you stop using it, you will still have hair loss, breakage, dryness, and other issues. I saw a YouTube video a women made about the product, and she is still dealing with breakage a full year later. Numerous people who commented said they were also having breakage a year later, so I really feel hopeless now. Many women have had to just cut all their hair off due to this product.

I contacted John Frieda about the issues twice, and all they wanted me to do was complete a medical form, and promised to send coupons for more of their products upon submitting itI will never use another product of theirs, so that's futile. I've spent a small fortune on other products to try to help mend the damage from this product. The only ones that have actually helped to lessen the hair loss are from the Redken Extreme line.The products are expensive, but they have definitely helped with the breakage and loss.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE be kind to yourself and do not use this spray. The initial joys of the results will quickly fade when your hair is ruined.

I haven't read other than one good review.
First of all there's no peroxide in it, so there can't be build up of it.
People are saying their hair is straw like from it, but it seems these people also color their hair, and are using it to touch up.
Maybe there is the correlation.
I'm no hair doctor:)
I don't use anything to color my hair except this.
My hair is fairly healthy...it does get a bit bright..but that's cause i don't take the time to do it right...my hair is healthy, and even my hair dresser says my hair is healthy...so ...?
anyway, i say it's good:)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Hello! My first review:) But I just want to worn everybody because this product should have a warning on it. Yes, it lightens hair, I managed not to touch up my roots in salon about 4 months, I only used this product and it worked and I was happy. But now, almost a year later I still suffer from damages, my hair just breakes close to the roots and they are yellow on spots where the damage hasn't grown out or breaked. I will never ever use this product again, thankfully I didn't use this all over my head, only on top of it, where I now have quite short hair.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This stuff works, but maybe a little too well. I'll explain- it lightened my hair to really pretty sun bleached look. But one application too many can lead to a very unnatural look. If that's what you are looking for, use this. Also, this will bleach your rugs or carpet just as fast if not faster than your hair. My carpet has bleach spots next to the tile that leads to my bathroom. I can't attribute it to anything I have used recently except this stuff. So- make sure you don't drip.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

DONT USE THIS PRODUCT! Im naturally an dirty blonde and I loved the color this spray gave me but the other reviews are right!! After a few uses my hair was DESTROYED. I have never seen my hair like this and I have been coloring my hair at home for years. I began drastically losing my hair in knots. I still have a huge spot in the back of my hair (Thank GOD It is an easy cover up) where my hair has completely broken off and is not even an inch long now (My hair is down to my boobs!). Its been 2 months since I used this product and i am STILL trying to get my hair back to normal (Joico K-Pak is the best choice if you have already damaged your hair with this... pricy but well worth it... Fixes the damage, but you cant fix how thin and short my hair has become). The long term effects are horrific, this product shouldn't even be on the market... SO upset that I refuse to touch anything John Frieda again. STAY AWAY!!!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Anyone who has written a positive review on this product hasn't used it for a long enough period. I have natural blonde hair, and I purchased this to lighten it up a bit more and to make my highlights stand out. I notice a difference after about two uses. I didn't use it again for another couple weeks, and after what would be the forth use I noticed that my hair was starting to become gummy and straw-like. I immediately discontinued usage, but the damage was already done. My hair fell out in clumps and broke at the slightest touch. I had been growing my bangs out, and they were down to my chin. Now I have a huge section in the front that barely grazes my eyebrows. I've never been a fan of blunt cut bangs, and from the damage that's what I was left with. I'm embarrassed to leave my house with my hair looking like this. I went to my hair dresser to see what we could do, and I actually got my hair dyed brown in order to try to hide all the damage. It's terrible. There are so many different layers in my bangs and it just looks awful. I will NEVER use a product like this again. I'd rather overpay at a salon than to have my hair be this damaged ever again. I've uploaded several pictures so you all can see the extent of the damage. Yes, I know my hair is brown in the pictures--that's NOT my natural color. As I mentioned, I had it dyed to hide more damage, so don't accuse me of using the product when I shouldn't have.

This is just a warning..... This product is more for natural blondes.It will stripe yr color,so don't buy it! I do hair & I warn people,so they won't me up their hair.Becareful if u just colored yr hair & think this will make it better,NOT!

I just recently had my hair bleached and thought this help brighten it a little bit.

It says it activates with heat and the more heat you use the faster the lightening results will be. It claims that is contains a thermo-protectant but I didn't beleive it. So I used heat-protecting spray just to see if it would affect in any way. Didn't work. So I waited a couple days and tried again without the heat protectant, it lightened the slightest slightest bit and it dried out my hair so bad.

I'm assuming it might just work better for natural blondes. but this just wasn't rocking my socks off. Taking it back.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have naturally light blonde hair. But I get it highlighted a few shades lighter ever 5 weeks. As I am saving up for go overseas I thought I would cheat and use this product to plug my roots to buy me a couple more weeks before I spend $200 for my next highlights. I read some reviews on the John Frieda site and they assured me of its 'miracle formula'

I used this product 4-5 times on my roots per directed on towel dried hair, and used a blowdryer and hair straightener. It made a fast impact and I was thrilled with the small changes I could see. But within two weeks my hair TURNED ORANGE. Quite suddenly really. As in, carrot juice orange. I look like Ron Weasley's forgotten sister. Except that it's just my roots. And not the sexy Christina Hendricks red, it's more of a Carrotop kinda shade. You can imagine how thrilled my boyfriend is.

So my hair now looks completely mutant. I pumped some dry shampoo on it to tone down the drama of bright orange roots, but it was so ridiculous that when I talked to people at work their eyes kept flicking up to my ridiculous hair. SO I went and got some violet shampoo (also John Frieda) which left my roots a yellowish/bile looking shade, and the rest of my hair a greyish look. Sexy!

Would I recommend it? No. Unless your boyfriend has a Mrs Ronald McDonald fetish, and loves the smell of vinegar smelling hair, I would most definitely not recommend this product for women with naturally light/ashy blonde hair.

*sad face*

My once beautiful hair is falling out massively, for 2 months now, after I've been using this product for almost a year. something I've learned-if it seems too good to be true it usually is.... Strands that are falling out have white colored roots, because of the accumulation of Hydrogen Peroxide in my scalp. I have no idea what to do, doctors advise to try and condition my hair and use essential oils on the scalp but nothing is helping so far.... I've lost so much hair and am constantly depressed because of it. Don't risk it!