Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

3.3

on 1/8/2012 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really like this concealed kit I keep it in my purse for touchups throughout the day and it works pretty well covering my circles. I have it in warm beige, its very creamy and hydrating the only down side is that it's not very pigmented so you do need to layer it some. It does last for a while though I can get out of work at 3pm and if I'm still out at 9pm its still on after my 3pm touchup. It is on the pricier side but I feel it's worth the money. I got mine from Macy's for $32.

on 11/21/2011 12:57:00 PM

Finally a concealer that actually conceals! This concealer works great for me. I use my finger to apply and usually just tap gently. Some days I do find that I need to apply more depending on how tired and sleep deprived I am. Nonetheless, it does work. Consistent with most reviewers, it does crease but using the powder to set it solves that problem for me. One reviewer mentioned about having dry skin and caking..I have very dry skin and if not for my cetaphil restoraderm moisturizer I am sure I would have the same problem of having dry patches and caking. So, this is probably not the best product for extremely dry skin or at least you need a good facial moisturizer as it is not as creamy as other concealers.

on 10/27/2011 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I quite like this concealer, though I wish that is was a bit more pigmented so I would not have to layer quite as much. I use the correcter underneath it, but I still need a bit of help with my dark circles. I find no creasing with this at all if I set it with the powder... I just use a flat eyeshadow brush and gently (& somewhat generously) pat it over the concealer, it honestly stays all day with no problems. I have had creasing problems with many products, and while I do not have a plethora of fine lines, I do have a few that can stick out very badly with the wrong type of concealer. I would suggest making sure your eye cream and primer (I would also suggest using one in the first place, I imagine having a dry under eye area is not conducive to positive results with this product) are fully absorbed before putting this on. I was impatient one day and applied it almost immediately after moisturizing, and got an unpleasant result like many other reviewers have described. I learned my lesson, and find that it works very well for me if I wait about 5 minutes after moisturizing before applying. I apply both the concealer and correcter with my ring finger, I think it really helps melt the product into your skin and prevents it from looking caked up. I think I would purchase this again if I had the funds available, I prefer the texture of this product to my liquid concealers which either offer too little coverage, or crease too much.

on 10/27/2011 2:29:00 PM

I got a $34 dent in my pocket and nothing to show for it :(

I'm just really disappointed..doesn't cover circles completely even if you use a neutralizer..its really hard to work with the consistency of the concealer and also it creases badly within the first 30 mins!!

on 10/10/2011 5:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Ok so i bought this with the corrector and i have mixed feelings towards this. It covers the circles well but the only problem is it settles in to the fine lines so i am forever blending with my finger. The powder you get i cannot use at all as all it does is make my makeup look cakey and then puts a grey colour to my eyes. So i end up using just the concealer. I have been using this longer now and i do not like it all it does is settle in fine lines and is a total waste off money.

on 9/26/2011 10:11:00 AM

Warm Natural is the perfect color match and consistency for my NC30/C4 light tan Asian combo complexion. I only have faint dark circles, but enough where I want light concealer to brighten them. A dab on my ring finger at the darkest inner corner enlivens my face and I dust the powder very lightly with a MAC 224. If you find your color match, it really is a miracle product IMO. I also use the concealer on my face in a pinch, though the creaminess is better for eyes; doesn't last nearly as long on the face. And yes, there is mild creasing, but 6-8 hours of wear before creasing is reasonable to me. And the compact is great: slim, with a mirror, concealer and powder. It is very convenient and I always carry it for touch ups, day and night.

on 9/13/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I want to like this concealer, but it creases so much that I just can't. I have this in Golden, and I love the yellow in the color. It's perfect for my complexion. However, this, along with the color corrector, is just too creamy and creases within minutes. The powder that comes with the concealer doesn't help the creasing at alll.

on 9/13/2011 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have dry skin and this did not work for me at all. When used for undereye circles it creases like no tomorrow. Looks cakey when layered on blemishes. Highlights flakes. Too yellow for me and I have yellow undertones so I'm not sure what skin tone this will work for. I can't find any good use for it. I definitely do not recommend this for women with dry skin.

on 9/13/2011 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I feel compelled to take a moment and write a negative review on this kit. I was so excited to try a Bobbi Brown concealer and was thoroughly disappointed. The pros of this product would be the packaging (having a concealer and setting powder in one - awesome), and the colour (I bought natural which was a good yellow-based shade). But performance gets a big "boo" from me. It's extremely thick which made it unpleasant to apply to my delicate undereye. The first time I tried it, I blended to the best of my ability and swept on some of the setting powder. Caked and creased within minutes and made my undereyes look extremely dull and dry. Hideous. The next time I tried I skipped the setting powder and tried to blend, blend, blend but it creased up again real quick and left me with not only creased concealer but weirdly glossy shiny undereyes. Also hideous. I played around for about a week with different application techniques but got either the dry, dull creasy effect or the weird greasy creasy effect no matter what I tried. It's rotting in my makeup graveyard now.

on 9/6/2011 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

horrible just horrible. ok so i went to go buy this with my mom. I was pretty excited cuz i was gonna get a Bobbie brown concealer . . . -.-" excitement ended the next day after i came home form going shopping. it looks natural n beautiful wen you FIRST put it on but in 2 - 3 hours it starts separating!!!! you look worse then you did before you put it on. i use it for my under eyes n i don't have them that bad but still bad enough were i need to cover it.
The powder doesn't help settle the concealer in t all in fact it makes matters worse. . . . ◘.◘ i got really mad. soooo i tried putting mustiriser under my eyes n see wut would happen. turned out the same. ITS NOT LONG LASTING N NOT WATER OR SWEAT PROOF so NO i will not recomend this to anyone. SO much for it being BOBBIE BROWN