Dove Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycerin, Carbomer, Gluconolactone, PPG-9, Guar Hydroxpropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Sulfate, Trehalose, Tetrasodium EDTA, TEA-Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, PEG-45M, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Red 33 (CI 17200), Blue 1 (CI 42090)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This did not moisturize my hair. It did cleanse some. It left my hair not shiny with a weird white buildup/cast and make it frizzy and not curly. Really not good, really weird and I will not purchase this or the matching conditioner again. They build up really fast and are very much full of silicones.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This shampoo makes my hair really soft, yet not greasy. Most of the time when I straighten my hair with my CHI Air Expert flat iron, it makes my hair tangled and rough feeling. This shampoo makes my hair extremely smooth and easy to run my fingers through. Better yet, it smells fabulous.

I started using this after falling in love with the matching conditioner. When used together they make my hair feel healthier and smoother. I was using a protein shampoo before this and really started to notice my hair feeling dull and dry..this shampoo was what I needed! It is quite moisturizing and doesn't weigh my hair down. I have also noticed that the flyaways around my face are not as noticeable since using this line which I really enjoy.

on 5/9/2012 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this shampoo is amazing. i bought it for my bf who has dry scalp and dry hair. he loves it. i used it and i have highlights (asian hair, fine & thin). my hair has become very dry and my current conditioners were not cutting it. i could not get a comb through my hair! used this and it has made my hair very silky and shiny. it lathers up like a DREAM! mounds and mounds of lather. very pleasant fragrance. the poo' is very thick but its to be expected when it has almond and coconut oils in it. good stuff, will buy again.

on 5/8/2012 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this. It doesn't dry out my coarse curly hair. I got so used to this that I forgot what other shampoos are like. I recently tried Aussie's Moist line so my hair wouldn't get used to the shampoo and stop working well. The Aussie shampoo stripped my hair of any moisture and the matching conditioner wasn't any better. My hair felt so much more moisturized after washing with this than it did after conditioning with the Aussie Moist. Love this shampoo.I used to use Dove's Damage Therapy line (in the dark blue bottles) but they changed the formula so I found this. I hope they never reformulate this and just leave as is.

on 4/28/2012 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is concentrated and super moisturizing. I love the silky texture of my hair when I use this with the coordinating conditioner. This is the best shampoo/conditioner product in drug stores right now to me. I'm replacing my Redken Smooth down with it. LOVE.

on 4/23/2012 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this shampoo !! it makes my hair so soft and it smells AMAZING!!!!!

on 4/22/2012 1:17:00 PM

I loveeee this shampoo. My hair is naturally curly, but when i use some certain shampoo's my hair does not like them and they go straight from the roots and only the ends go curly. Buuuuuut, when i use this shampoo my hair goes all curly and soo soft and smelling lovely !

Give it a go xx

on 4/13/2012 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I honestly felt like this product produced split ends. I had no split ends, used this, got split ends, stopped using this and got a haircut and after a few months i still didn't have any. This shampoo is way to thick, its practically a conditioner, doesn't clean your hair. not worth it.

on 3/24/2012 3:50:00 AM

I have fine, flat, dry hair thats prone to frizz so i was reading all these reviews here about how great it was, how it tamed the frizz, and didnt weigh the hair down. For the first wash, its good, has body but didnt get rid of the frizz. After the 2nd and 3rd time using it, it started weighing my hair down, and making it feel dirty. I dont like using volumizing shampoos everyday either because they cause buildup in your hair so ive been alternating between volumizing and moisturizing shampoo but i wont be using this one every day, its good for every other day but is nothing special. i dont notice any difference between this one and the moisturizing shampoo by Dove,