December 29, 2014 | 1876 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Nutritive Therapy Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I started using this after falling in love with the matching conditioner. When used together they make my hair feel healthier and smoother. I was using a protein shampoo before this and really started to notice my hair feeling dull and dry..this shampoo was what I needed! It is quite moisturizing and doesn't weigh my hair down. I have also noticed that the flyaways around my face are not as noticeable since using this line which I really enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this shampoo is amazing. i bought it for my bf who has dry scalp and dry hair. he loves it. i used it and i have highlights (asian hair, fine & thin). my hair has become very dry and my current conditioners were not cutting it. i could not get a comb through my hair! used this and it has made my hair very silky and shiny. it lathers up like a DREAM! mounds and mounds of lather. very pleasant fragrance. the poo' is very thick but its to be expected when it has almond and coconut oils in it. good stuff, will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:46:00 PM More reviews by valeria_l

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this. It doesn't dry out my coarse curly hair. I got so used to this that I forgot what other shampoos are like. I recently tried Aussie's Moist line so my hair wouldn't get used to the shampoo and stop working well. The Aussie shampoo stripped my hair of any moisture and the matching conditioner wasn't any better. My hair felt so much more moisturized after washing with this than it did after conditioning with the Aussie Moist. Love this shampoo.I used to use Dove's Damage Therapy line (in the dark blue bottles) but they changed the formula so I found this. I hope they never reformulate this and just leave as is.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mostlym3

This product is concentrated and super moisturizing. I love the silky texture of my hair when I use this with the coordinating conditioner. This is the best shampoo/conditioner product in drug stores right now to me. I'm replacing my Redken Smooth down with it. LOVE.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by deedrajean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo !! it makes my hair so soft and it smells AMAZING!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by EmilyStyles

I loveeee this shampoo. My hair is naturally curly, but when i use some certain shampoo's my hair does not like them and they go straight from the roots and only the ends go curly. Buuuuuut, when i use this shampoo my hair goes all curly and soo soft and smelling lovely !

Give it a go xx

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by angie7595

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I honestly felt like this product produced split ends. I had no split ends, used this, got split ends, stopped using this and got a haircut and after a few months i still didn't have any. This shampoo is way to thick, its practically a conditioner, doesn't clean your hair. not worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Birdluvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fine, flat, dry hair thats prone to frizz so i was reading all these reviews here about how great it was, how it tamed the frizz, and didnt weigh the hair down. For the first wash, its good, has body but didnt get rid of the frizz. After the 2nd and 3rd time using it, it started weighing my hair down, and making it feel dirty. I dont like using volumizing shampoos everyday either because they cause buildup in your hair so ive been alternating between volumizing and moisturizing shampoo but i wont be using this one every day, its good for every other day but is nothing special. i dont notice any difference between this one and the moisturizing shampoo by Dove,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When first using the shampoo in the shower, it felt heavy on my hair. I was automatically worried about it possibly weighing down my fine hair, but this affect doesn't last or show any results similarly afterwards. Despite that negative, it instantly detangles hair comparable to a good conditioner. It also instantly smoothens and softens. The scent is a familiar one known to Dove products, so your idea on it may vary.

I've been using this for about a week with the Dove Damage Intensive Therapy Repair Conditioner, and my hair has become noticeably more shiny, silky, and smooth. The waves in my hair are also more tamable and I have less frizz.

Really, the only down side is the possible build up that may occur with using this shampoo. I haven't gotten any yet, but it's inevitable with its type of ingredients. This can be solved, however, with the usage of clarifying shampoos for whenever you think you've gotten to the limit with residue or build up. Plus, it may weigh hair down a lot more intensely for others than it did with mine, so you'd have to be careful with that.

Overall, to me, this is a good product. I'd say it's a bit above average because it's more nourishing, but not strongly so, but that may also be because I didn't use the exact matching conditioner with this. Still, I'd recommend giving it a go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 3:11:00 AM More reviews by blahbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this along with the conditioner, and have been using it for about 3 weeks now. My hair looks amazing everyday, shiny, soft, and sleek! I switched from Redken All Soft which was making my hair fall out... in clumps. This is definitely better then my Redken All Soft.