September 30, 2014 | 1787 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by piratelass87

Let me preface by saying that I am writing this review on the shampoo but it can also be applied to the conditioner. I will discuss my feeling on both her breifly.

Dear MUAers, I was once again drawn in by something gimmicky. Similar to my experience with a certain two step smokey eye apparatus, once more my endeavors did not end in my benefit. This time however, the promise was of beautiful, smooth, straight hair and I could get there even faster if I just used this shampoo. With it's flashing lights and jingly bells of containing the same ingredients as a Brazilian Keratin blowout, I was intrigued. So I bought both the shampoo and conditioner and took them home with me. I used them right away and proceeded to blow=dry and straighten my hair in my usual process. Much to my surprise, and maybe it was just my mind seeking to justify spending eleven dollars a bottle on such a god awful product, I could have sworn my hair straightened easier. And even looked better!! I did this process everyday, loving the results, at least at first. It was about a week later when I realized something was off...Firstly, when I washed my hair I always felt like I needed to wash twice to get my hair perfectly clean. Something i've never had to do. And conditioner....don't get me started. I would need a whole handful of the stuff to even work out the tangles washing my hair twice created. After raking a handful of the stuff through my hair, I noticed that I was shedding much much more than I usually did, and that is saying something as I have very thick hair. And the last thing I noticed was even after I straightened and blow dried my hair, I would get the worst fly-aways. I knew my hair was being brutalized. But I stuck with it, certainly straighter hair was worth it, right? Wrong.....I knew I was through with the stuff when my hairdresser, god love her, ran her fingers through my inverted bob and with disgust asked, "What have you been doing to your hair?" I explained myself, and she insisted that I cease and desist the torture of my hair immediately. She had to cut off nearly an inch and a half after only six weeks between trims...I at once went home and disposed of the offending hair products.

As of recently , I have begun a new chapter in my quest for silky straight hair. and I can report I am quite happy. I am now using a moisturizing/smoothing shampoo from a brand carried at WalMart called Simply U. I suggest you look into this brand, it is sulfate and paraben free. After I shower, before I run a comb through my hair I apply a quarter sized amount of Biosilk Silk Therapy, and when I straighten I do use the Organix keratin flat iron spray, which I find is great. After only a week my hair is already happier, bouncier, shinier, and softer. Full of the life it had before I nearly destroyed it.....

I apologize for rambling on, but I felt like I had to get the message out that, if nothing else please avoid this line of products (aside from the flat iron spray) like the plauge!!!!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by shell516

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at my local drugstore on a whim without checking the reviews first and I'm so glad I did! First, let me just reiterate that this review is for the shampoo NOT the treatment.

It doesn't lather up much but that's to be expected for SLS free shampoo. My hair did feel a tad tangled in the shower but after using the matching conditioner, all was well.

I have noticed a significant difference in my hair. It dries much faster?? It's MUCH smoother, shinier and just feels healthier!

I'll update if anything changes but for now, this is my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by nina504

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

....I JUST USED THE BRAZILIAN K SHAMPOO AND COND,ON MY HAIR AS I STARTED RINSING IT OUT MY HAIR GOT TANGLED MY FACE FELT TIGHT MY LIPS & HANDS DRY I CUDNT EVEN GET THE BIG TOOTH

COMB THGH MY HAIR,I HAD TO GO BACK N RECONDITION &SHAMPOO MY HAIR WITH MY JOHN FREIDA BRUNETTE PRODUCTS,THE SMELL AND WHAT I READ ON THE BOTTLE REALLY PUSHED ME TO TRY THE PRODUCT,WASTE OF MONEY
,I WODNT GIVE THIS PRODUCT AWAY....

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by xxAnjelicaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The shampoo/conditioner that goes with the keratin treatment was really drying and damaging...but the first few times I used it, it was okay? Then after the first 2 "okay" uses, it started leaving my hair brittle, dry, and frizzy and crisp. For a sulfate-free shampoo it's very drying. I used the keratin treatment and washed it off during the process because I didn't use very much but it STILL left my hair limp, greasy and disgusting and looked like a helmet head, and it turned my dyed lighter blonde ends a bright orange-yellow, and turned my natural blonde roots a bright orange. Reviewers with blonde hair, and somewhere on the packaging label says it can turn lighter colored hair a different color or make it brassy (and I never have an issue with brass or unwanted yellow/orange tones, anyways) so if you have blonde hair, and desire to use this...expect the worst when it comes to your hair getting all brassy and gross? The upside? It smelled very nice, like toasted coconuts, both the keratin treatments and the shampoo/conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by tressab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is evil. It managed to remove all body from my hair and leave the frizz. I had not had such a bad hair day since 8th grade as the day I used this shampoo. I then passed it and the matching conditioner off to my daughter who had the same experience...limp, lifeless, still kinda frizzy hair. Then I gave it to my niece who has different hair than us. She, too, experienced a string of bad hair days. As a broke college student, she used it for two weeks before giving up. Alas, I love the Organix packaging, but this will be the last time I'm suckered into another one of their products. I have yet to find one that I like anything more than the smell of. (Yeah, it did smell good)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by therealficolley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried the Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner when I first saw it a couple of years back and it was dreadful. I have short hair and even that got tangled and dried out. Skip forward a year or so and I saw the Moroccan Argan Oil variant and I gave it a try. Pretty good so I tried the Brazilian Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner and I love them.. The shampoo leaves my hair squeaky clean and the conditioner leaves it smooth, silky and full of volume. Glad I gave this range a second chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by amf12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this shampoo at the beginning of the summer and I couldn't be happier with the results. I am mixed so I have pretty curly hair. The product smells great, my hair is super shiny, and soo soft. I used to use relaxers but haven't for a few years now and my hair is much healthier and more manageable than it was with the relaxer. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

*THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER ORGANIX BRAZILIAN THERAPY*

I purchased this after hearing basically a mix bag of reviews - I heard that Organix line is the best and I also heard it was horrid! I decided to go ahead and purchase this.

Let's start out with information about my hair; I do not dye my hair, nor use lots of chemicals, nor use lots of heat appliances on it.

I own the Coconut Milk, and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner of the Organix line and I wanted to see if this will help my hair be a bit straighter when I want to flat iron it.

So I purchased the shampoo and conditioner (Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy).. and it is pretty good. I have wavy coarse hair and it straightens it pretty well.

Overall, I do recommend it. The whole line of the Brazilian Keratin Therapy is pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by imbawsy

I loved this product when I first purchased it, however after using for a while (on my 2nd bottle) I am no longer in love with it. I cannot brush my hair after getting out of the shower, not sure if I should blame the shampoo or the conditioner. Brushing merely just pulls my hair up. I am up in arms and not really what to do at this point. After getting the Brazilian treatment I loved my hair and now I hate it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do wish people would realize that this is for the SHAMPOO, not the treatment!

In any event, I have a BKT in my hair (NOT the Organix kind, btw) and this shampoo is pretty freaking good!

It cleans without stripping and has no sulfates (which is a harsh surfactant and can strip both color AND a BKT) and it's free of sodium chloride, which will strip a BKT.

It smells amazing, although the scent doesn't linger- a shame, imo.

I will be picking up the conditioner tomorrow.