Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

3.2

DI water (aqua), disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, sodium C14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocoamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, dimethicone copolyol, cocamide DEA, glycol distearate, hydrolyzed keratin, theobroma cacao seed (cocoa) butter, parfum, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf extract, panthenol, polyquaternium 11, DMDM hydantoin, cetyl alcohol, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, PEG-23M, CI 42090 (blue 1), CI 16035

on 12/9/2011 6:08:00 PM

The first week I tried this, i felt it did nothing special. After the second and third week, I started liking how my hair felt; very manageable. It looks full of body even after the second day of no washing. Not heavy at all. Hair feels very clean, lightweight and bouncy. I will definately repurchase.

on 12/7/2011 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Neutral

This is a really, really good shampoo! It costs anywhere from 6 to 8 dollars depending on where you buy it. It does I think straighten my hair some, but mainly I like it because it isnt heavy and overpowering, it seems light, doesn't weigh my hair down. It also has kept my hair pretty moisturized surprisingly. It is getting into winter now so I suppose this will be the real test for just how much moisture my hair is getting, but it's looked good this past month! I like it Organix! thumbs up.

on 12/2/2011 8:36:00 AM

This review is mainly for the shampoo, but does mention the matching conditioner.

I bought this brand of shampoo and conditioner from my local 'Boots' store after being sucked in by the AMAZING smell. Think coconut, vanilla and abit of chocolate. I was using TiGI Bed Head Urban Recovery Level 2, and while this is an amazing shampoo and conditioner, I have to order this from the internet or trek into the town centre to buy it off a hair dresser, so decided to try and get something abit more convenient. This product is a little on the pricey side and I was about to walk out of the store without this shampoo, until that little voice in my head shouted "come on! just try it!". Boy am I glad I went back and got it! With the shampoo being 'sulfate and sodium free' I felt like I was doing my hair a favour, but then got mighty worried when I got home and read the reviews on this website. I tried to pretend I didn't read any bad comment and continued to use both the shampoo and conditioner. I've been using this product for just one month, 6 days a week and can say that it is fabulous. While the consistency of the shampoo is abit thick and jelly like, once you get going with the lather motion, it's not a problem. My hair is naturally straight anyway and gets greasy quite easily, so I always worry when I try a new shampoo that it's going to clog up my hair or make my hair look flat and greasy by the end of the day, but this shampoo does the opposite. Throughout the day my hair looks shiny, feels soft and still smells like coconuts (this isn't too strong and I can only smell it because I grab bits of my hair and purposely sniff!). It has tamed my fly-aways and the strands of hair that looked damaged and broken (I must also thank my TIGI shampoo for this too). In combination with the conditioner, which is of a thick consistency and is easy to work through your hair, this range of shampoo and conditioner is something I will be purchasing again. I can recommend this for people looking to get smooth shiny locks, sulfate and sodium free style!

on 11/30/2011 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I'm not saying I didn't like this product. I have the Organix Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner, and also the anti-breakage coconut milk serum, the moroccan argan oil, and the argan oil shampoo. I love the organix line except for their conditioners. I like this shampoo, but not as much the coconut one. I wouldnt get it again because it's just nothing special, but it's a good one if you need sulfate free products. But like I said, I think the coconut milk one is better.

on 11/23/2011 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Let me preface by saying that I am writing this review on the shampoo but it can also be applied to the conditioner. I will discuss my feeling on both her breifly.

Dear MUAers, I was once again drawn in by something gimmicky. Similar to my experience with a certain two step smokey eye apparatus, once more my endeavors did not end in my benefit. This time however, the promise was of beautiful, smooth, straight hair and I could get there even faster if I just used this shampoo. With it's flashing lights and jingly bells of containing the same ingredients as a Brazilian Keratin blowout, I was intrigued. So I bought both the shampoo and conditioner and took them home with me. I used them right away and proceeded to blow=dry and straighten my hair in my usual process. Much to my surprise, and maybe it was just my mind seeking to justify spending eleven dollars a bottle on such a god awful product, I could have sworn my hair straightened easier. And even looked better!! I did this process everyday, loving the results, at least at first. It was about a week later when I realized something was off...Firstly, when I washed my hair I always felt like I needed to wash twice to get my hair perfectly clean. Something i've never had to do. And conditioner....don't get me started. I would need a whole handful of the stuff to even work out the tangles washing my hair twice created. After raking a handful of the stuff through my hair, I noticed that I was shedding much much more than I usually did, and that is saying something as I have very thick hair. And the last thing I noticed was even after I straightened and blow dried my hair, I would get the worst fly-aways. I knew my hair was being brutalized. But I stuck with it, certainly straighter hair was worth it, right? Wrong.....I knew I was through with the stuff when my hairdresser, god love her, ran her fingers through my inverted bob and with disgust asked, "What have you been doing to your hair?" I explained myself, and she insisted that I cease and desist the torture of my hair immediately. She had to cut off nearly an inch and a half after only six weeks between trims...I at once went home and disposed of the offending hair products.

As of recently , I have begun a new chapter in my quest for silky straight hair. and I can report I am quite happy. I am now using a moisturizing/smoothing shampoo from a brand carried at WalMart called Simply U. I suggest you look into this brand, it is sulfate and paraben free. After I shower, before I run a comb through my hair I apply a quarter sized amount of Biosilk Silk Therapy, and when I straighten I do use the Organix keratin flat iron spray, which I find is great. After only a week my hair is already happier, bouncier, shinier, and softer. Full of the life it had before I nearly destroyed it.....

I apologize for rambling on, but I felt like I had to get the message out that, if nothing else please avoid this line of products (aside from the flat iron spray) like the plauge!!!!

on 11/18/2011 11:36:00 AM

I bought this at my local drugstore on a whim without checking the reviews first and I'm so glad I did! First, let me just reiterate that this review is for the shampoo NOT the treatment.

It doesn't lather up much but that's to be expected for SLS free shampoo. My hair did feel a tad tangled in the shower but after using the matching conditioner, all was well.

I have noticed a significant difference in my hair. It dries much faster?? It's MUCH smoother, shinier and just feels healthier!

I'll update if anything changes but for now, this is my HG.

on 11/1/2011 4:44:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

....I JUST USED THE BRAZILIAN K SHAMPOO AND COND,ON MY HAIR AS I STARTED RINSING IT OUT MY HAIR GOT TANGLED MY FACE FELT TIGHT MY LIPS & HANDS DRY I CUDNT EVEN GET THE BIG TOOTH

COMB THGH MY HAIR,I HAD TO GO BACK N RECONDITION &SHAMPOO MY HAIR WITH MY JOHN FREIDA BRUNETTE PRODUCTS,THE SMELL AND WHAT I READ ON THE BOTTLE REALLY PUSHED ME TO TRY THE PRODUCT,WASTE OF MONEY
,I WODNT GIVE THIS PRODUCT AWAY....

on 11/1/2011 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

The shampoo/conditioner that goes with the keratin treatment was really drying and damaging...but the first few times I used it, it was okay? Then after the first 2 "okay" uses, it started leaving my hair brittle, dry, and frizzy and crisp. For a sulfate-free shampoo it's very drying. I used the keratin treatment and washed it off during the process because I didn't use very much but it STILL left my hair limp, greasy and disgusting and looked like a helmet head, and it turned my dyed lighter blonde ends a bright orange-yellow, and turned my natural blonde roots a bright orange. Reviewers with blonde hair, and somewhere on the packaging label says it can turn lighter colored hair a different color or make it brassy (and I never have an issue with brass or unwanted yellow/orange tones, anyways) so if you have blonde hair, and desire to use this...expect the worst when it comes to your hair getting all brassy and gross? The upside? It smelled very nice, like toasted coconuts, both the keratin treatments and the shampoo/conditioner.

on 10/5/2011 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This shampoo is evil. It managed to remove all body from my hair and leave the frizz. I had not had such a bad hair day since 8th grade as the day I used this shampoo. I then passed it and the matching conditioner off to my daughter who had the same experience...limp, lifeless, still kinda frizzy hair. Then I gave it to my niece who has different hair than us. She, too, experienced a string of bad hair days. As a broke college student, she used it for two weeks before giving up. Alas, I love the Organix packaging, but this will be the last time I'm suckered into another one of their products. I have yet to find one that I like anything more than the smell of. (Yeah, it did smell good)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I tried the Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner when I first saw it a couple of years back and it was dreadful. I have short hair and even that got tangled and dried out. Skip forward a year or so and I saw the Moroccan Argan Oil variant and I gave it a try. Pretty good so I tried the Brazilian Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner and I love them.. The shampoo leaves my hair squeaky clean and the conditioner leaves it smooth, silky and full of volume. Glad I gave this range a second chance.

Popular Shampoos