September 2, 2014 | 1156 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by shell516

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this at my local drugstore on a whim without checking the reviews first and I'm so glad I did! First, let me just reiterate that this review is for the shampoo NOT the treatment.

It doesn't lather up much but that's to be expected for SLS free shampoo. My hair did feel a tad tangled in the shower but after using the matching conditioner, all was well.

I have noticed a significant difference in my hair. It dries much faster?? It's MUCH smoother, shinier and just feels healthier!

I'll update if anything changes but for now, this is my HG.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by nina504

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

....I JUST USED THE BRAZILIAN K SHAMPOO AND COND,ON MY HAIR AS I STARTED RINSING IT OUT MY HAIR GOT TANGLED MY FACE FELT TIGHT MY LIPS & HANDS DRY I CUDNT EVEN GET THE BIG TOOTH

COMB THGH MY HAIR,I HAD TO GO BACK N RECONDITION &SHAMPOO MY HAIR WITH MY JOHN FREIDA BRUNETTE PRODUCTS,THE SMELL AND WHAT I READ ON THE BOTTLE REALLY PUSHED ME TO TRY THE PRODUCT,WASTE OF MONEY
,I WODNT GIVE THIS PRODUCT AWAY....

rated 1 of 5 on 11/1/2011 3:49:00 AM More reviews by xxAnjelicaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The shampoo/conditioner that goes with the keratin treatment was really drying and damaging...but the first few times I used it, it was okay? Then after the first 2 "okay" uses, it started leaving my hair brittle, dry, and frizzy and crisp. For a sulfate-free shampoo it's very drying. I used the keratin treatment and washed it off during the process because I didn't use very much but it STILL left my hair limp, greasy and disgusting and looked like a helmet head, and it turned my dyed lighter blonde ends a bright orange-yellow, and turned my natural blonde roots a bright orange. Reviewers with blonde hair, and somewhere on the packaging label says it can turn lighter colored hair a different color or make it brassy (and I never have an issue with brass or unwanted yellow/orange tones, anyways) so if you have blonde hair, and desire to use this...expect the worst when it comes to your hair getting all brassy and gross? The upside? It smelled very nice, like toasted coconuts, both the keratin treatments and the shampoo/conditioner.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by tressab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo is evil. It managed to remove all body from my hair and leave the frizz. I had not had such a bad hair day since 8th grade as the day I used this shampoo. I then passed it and the matching conditioner off to my daughter who had the same experience...limp, lifeless, still kinda frizzy hair. Then I gave it to my niece who has different hair than us. She, too, experienced a string of bad hair days. As a broke college student, she used it for two weeks before giving up. Alas, I love the Organix packaging, but this will be the last time I'm suckered into another one of their products. I have yet to find one that I like anything more than the smell of. (Yeah, it did smell good)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by therealficolley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried the Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner when I first saw it a couple of years back and it was dreadful. I have short hair and even that got tangled and dried out. Skip forward a year or so and I saw the Moroccan Argan Oil variant and I gave it a try. Pretty good so I tried the Brazilian Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner and I love them.. The shampoo leaves my hair squeaky clean and the conditioner leaves it smooth, silky and full of volume. Glad I gave this range a second chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by amf12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this shampoo at the beginning of the summer and I couldn't be happier with the results. I am mixed so I have pretty curly hair. The product smells great, my hair is super shiny, and soo soft. I used to use relaxers but haven't for a few years now and my hair is much healthier and more manageable than it was with the relaxer. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

*THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER ORGANIX BRAZILIAN THERAPY*

I purchased this after hearing basically a mix bag of reviews - I heard that Organix line is the best and I also heard it was horrid! I decided to go ahead and purchase this.

Let's start out with information about my hair; I do not dye my hair, nor use lots of chemicals, nor use lots of heat appliances on it.

I own the Coconut Milk, and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner of the Organix line and I wanted to see if this will help my hair be a bit straighter when I want to flat iron it.

So I purchased the shampoo and conditioner (Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy).. and it is pretty good. I have wavy coarse hair and it straightens it pretty well.

Overall, I do recommend it. The whole line of the Brazilian Keratin Therapy is pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by imbawsy

I loved this product when I first purchased it, however after using for a while (on my 2nd bottle) I am no longer in love with it. I cannot brush my hair after getting out of the shower, not sure if I should blame the shampoo or the conditioner. Brushing merely just pulls my hair up. I am up in arms and not really what to do at this point. After getting the Brazilian treatment I loved my hair and now I hate it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do wish people would realize that this is for the SHAMPOO, not the treatment!

In any event, I have a BKT in my hair (NOT the Organix kind, btw) and this shampoo is pretty freaking good!

It cleans without stripping and has no sulfates (which is a harsh surfactant and can strip both color AND a BKT) and it's free of sodium chloride, which will strip a BKT.

It smells amazing, although the scent doesn't linger- a shame, imo.

I will be picking up the conditioner tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by faithhopelove041

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I havnt used any of the products yet but have purchased the brizilian shampoo and conditioner and wanted to purchase the 30 day treatment but wanted reviews on it first, and i came across this site; but got a bit worried because of some comments about chemicals so i looked into it and came across this, and I still plan on using the shampoo and conditioner for the 1st time today and still plan on buying the 30 day treatment.

The chemical compound formaldehyde (also known as methanal) is a gas with a pungent smell. It is the simplest aldehyde. Its chemical formula is H2CO. Formaldehyde was first synthesized by the Russian chemist Aleksandr Butlerov in 1859 but was conclusively identified by August Wilhelm von Hofmann in 1868.[1]

Formaldehyde readily results from the incomplete combustion of carbon-containing materials. It may be found in the smoke from forest fires, in automobile exhaust, and in tobacco smoke. In the atmosphere, formaldehyde is produced by the action of sunlight and oxygen on atmospheric methane and other hydrocarbons. Small amounts of formaldehyde are produced as a metabolic byproduct in most organisms, including humans.

exposure to formaldehyde by inhalation is mainly from three types of sources: thermal or chemical decomposition of formaldehyde-based resins, formaldehyde emission from aqueous solutions (for example, embalming fluids), or the production of formaldehyde resulting from the combustion of a variety of organic compounds (for example, exhaust gases).

In the workplace, exposure to formaldehyde occurs in various ways. In its gaseous form, it is absorbed by the respiratory tract; in aqueous solution, it is absorbed through skin contact. The health effects associated with exposure to this substance vary with the exposure route and the concentration or dose absorbed.

In extreme situations such as accidents, formaldehyde may be present at high concentrations in the air, representing a considerable immediate danger. Concentrations equal to or greater than 20 ppm can cause serious pulmonary oedema and eventually death. In the case of direct skin contact, formaldehyde may produce skin lesions such as irritation, irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis. The symptoms are itching, tingling and redness. Skin sensitization is likely to appear after contact with aqueous solutions of formaldehyde at concentrations equal to or greater than 2%, or even solids or resins containing free formaldehyde. When someone is sensitized, skin allergy (erythema) symptoms may occur at every contact with solutions of increasingly lower concentration (starting at 0.5 percent formaldehyde). These effects are easily avoidable by protecting exposed skin for example, by wearing gloves.