April 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 7:04:00 AM More reviews by therealficolley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried the Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner when I first saw it a couple of years back and it was dreadful. I have short hair and even that got tangled and dried out. Skip forward a year or so and I saw the Moroccan Argan Oil variant and I gave it a try. Pretty good so I tried the Brazilian Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner and I love them.. The shampoo leaves my hair squeaky clean and the conditioner leaves it smooth, silky and full of volume. Glad I gave this range a second chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by amf12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this shampoo at the beginning of the summer and I couldn't be happier with the results. I am mixed so I have pretty curly hair. The product smells great, my hair is super shiny, and soo soft. I used to use relaxers but haven't for a few years now and my hair is much healthier and more manageable than it was with the relaxer. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by EmeraldGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

*THIS REVIEW IS FOR THE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER ORGANIX BRAZILIAN THERAPY*

I purchased this after hearing basically a mix bag of reviews - I heard that Organix line is the best and I also heard it was horrid! I decided to go ahead and purchase this.

Let's start out with information about my hair; I do not dye my hair, nor use lots of chemicals, nor use lots of heat appliances on it.

I own the Coconut Milk, and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner of the Organix line and I wanted to see if this will help my hair be a bit straighter when I want to flat iron it.

So I purchased the shampoo and conditioner (Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy).. and it is pretty good. I have wavy coarse hair and it straightens it pretty well.

Overall, I do recommend it. The whole line of the Brazilian Keratin Therapy is pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by imbawsy

I loved this product when I first purchased it, however after using for a while (on my 2nd bottle) I am no longer in love with it. I cannot brush my hair after getting out of the shower, not sure if I should blame the shampoo or the conditioner. Brushing merely just pulls my hair up. I am up in arms and not really what to do at this point. After getting the Brazilian treatment I loved my hair and now I hate it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by used2Baileendq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do wish people would realize that this is for the SHAMPOO, not the treatment!

In any event, I have a BKT in my hair (NOT the Organix kind, btw) and this shampoo is pretty freaking good!

It cleans without stripping and has no sulfates (which is a harsh surfactant and can strip both color AND a BKT) and it's free of sodium chloride, which will strip a BKT.

It smells amazing, although the scent doesn't linger- a shame, imo.

I will be picking up the conditioner tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by faithhopelove041

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I havnt used any of the products yet but have purchased the brizilian shampoo and conditioner and wanted to purchase the 30 day treatment but wanted reviews on it first, and i came across this site; but got a bit worried because of some comments about chemicals so i looked into it and came across this, and I still plan on using the shampoo and conditioner for the 1st time today and still plan on buying the 30 day treatment.

The chemical compound formaldehyde (also known as methanal) is a gas with a pungent smell. It is the simplest aldehyde. Its chemical formula is H2CO. Formaldehyde was first synthesized by the Russian chemist Aleksandr Butlerov in 1859 but was conclusively identified by August Wilhelm von Hofmann in 1868.[1]

Formaldehyde readily results from the incomplete combustion of carbon-containing materials. It may be found in the smoke from forest fires, in automobile exhaust, and in tobacco smoke. In the atmosphere, formaldehyde is produced by the action of sunlight and oxygen on atmospheric methane and other hydrocarbons. Small amounts of formaldehyde are produced as a metabolic byproduct in most organisms, including humans.

exposure to formaldehyde by inhalation is mainly from three types of sources: thermal or chemical decomposition of formaldehyde-based resins, formaldehyde emission from aqueous solutions (for example, embalming fluids), or the production of formaldehyde resulting from the combustion of a variety of organic compounds (for example, exhaust gases).

In the workplace, exposure to formaldehyde occurs in various ways. In its gaseous form, it is absorbed by the respiratory tract; in aqueous solution, it is absorbed through skin contact. The health effects associated with exposure to this substance vary with the exposure route and the concentration or dose absorbed.

In extreme situations such as accidents, formaldehyde may be present at high concentrations in the air, representing a considerable immediate danger. Concentrations equal to or greater than 20 ppm can cause serious pulmonary oedema and eventually death. In the case of direct skin contact, formaldehyde may produce skin lesions such as irritation, irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis. The symptoms are itching, tingling and redness. Skin sensitization is likely to appear after contact with aqueous solutions of formaldehyde at concentrations equal to or greater than 2%, or even solids or resins containing free formaldehyde. When someone is sensitized, skin allergy (erythema) symptoms may occur at every contact with solutions of increasingly lower concentration (starting at 0.5 percent formaldehyde). These effects are easily avoidable by protecting exposed skin for example, by wearing gloves.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by huggirl

I have mixed reviews on this product, I've had one brazilian blowout in the salon and couldn't afford another $200 on a treatment that lasted 3-4 weeks.
When I found this, I decided to try it. I actually did the treatment OUTSIDE because it was a warm day. Since the treatment, I have had a mild throat irritation that I am wondering if it is due to the chemicals. I purchased this because I thought it was safer than the salon treatment. I also notice that the coconut smell has turned rank and even my husband has commented he can't stand the smell of my hair, and when wet, it smells like a combination of coconut/sewage.
As for the results, after two days, I am pleased. I am at the beach and it is holding up extremely well without frizz and a lot of poof.
Not sure due to my reaction if I will buy this again, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ceruleancharm

So far I have been pleasantly surprised by this shampoo. I usually stray from drug store brands, but I really wanted to try something that was sulfate/sodium free for the sake of my hair. Afterall, it is a living thing also, right? At seven bucks, I figured I'd gamble on the purchase.
The initial smell is like being on some exotic island in the Caribbean which certainly doesn't bother my nostrils, but it doesn't seem to last. This is not a big deal to me at all, but I did want to point out that the island smell doesn't linger, unfortunately. The shampoo lathers incredibly well. It actually does a better job than my Frederic Fekkai shampoo, which was like four times more expensive, at least. I got the same results as I would with my FF shampoo, but with more shine and softness. I still flat-iron, but I would do that no matter what shampoo I used because of my extremely coarse, almost medium-length, mane. I don't use it everyday because I alternate it with my Frederic Fekkai Technician Color shampoo in hopes of preserving my not-so-cheap salon color. I must point out that I've never had a keratin treatment before, but I wanted to try the shampoo to see if it worked as well as a straightening or smoothing shampoo. This one has certainly earned a permanent spot on my shower shelf!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by heartNYC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's been two weeks since I've done this treatment....
My hair is 3a/b, which gets very frizzy and dry

I followed the directions very closely.

washed hair with clarifying shampoo.

I had a friend help me apply the product to my hair.
*this product does not stink, it smells like the beach, like warm coconuts. I enjoyed the smell very much.

After waiting 30 mins she blew dry my hair then flat ironed it at a 425 degree setting (thats the highest my babyliss goes up to)

The first night my hair was gross, super greasy as if I hadn't washed my hair in months. My hair had no movement my bf said i looked like darth vader. lol!

When I woke up the next day it was still a greasy but manageable. (i re-iorned any bends or kinks that formed while i was sleeping)

I repeated this on the 2nd day as well.

When I finally got to wash my hair I used the Organix Brazilian Shampoo and Conditioner. I let my hair air dry just so I can really see the results and it was super soft and wavy with very very minimal frizz. I blew dry my hair and was literally done in 10 mins.

Since then i wore my hair out in the rain and everything stayed in tact. My hair isn't super straight, unless I use an iron but it looks shiny, healthy and not frizzy. And blowdrying and/or straightening iron takes half the time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by neonswedishfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall a good product, it made my hair incredibly shiny and soft. However, it does not mesh too well with my thick sicilian hair. I found my hair was more tangly, and the conditioner took especially long to wash out. It became manageable after flat ironing it, but leaving it natural was not an option without 10lbs of detangling spray. Not sure if I'd buy it again, but the other products in the line are amazing!