July 31, 2014 | 1299 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by laaine

I did lots of reading before finally deciding on this product. I do like it so far, I have combination skin: oily in my t-zone and normal cheeks, sometimes dry. I found that this product did make my face a bit oilier than usual but it did provide good coverage over the redness on my nose and the few pimples I have. I chose medium as my color and I am not the darkest person, I have been called a ghost but I am platinum blonde and the medium suited me very well. It felt soft and really good on my skin first going on, but like I said it got a bit oily as the day went on. After reapplying though it did not cake, it was soft again. I paid $28.00 CAD for this which is a bit pricier than the drug store cover-up that turns your face orange, but I don't mind :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by theleia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder and was devastated when they discontinued it. In replacement they recommended me this, which I bought because I trusted MAC. But one swipe of the finger revealed that this was already much grainier than Select Sheer. I should have trusted my gut!

This is much less finely milled than Select Sheer. Studio Careblend also doesn't come in the NC/NW colour range that SS did. Instead I was given a "medium" that is a tad too pink for my skintone.

It still works well as a pressed powder, so I'm sticking to it in order not to waste it. But while SS could save me on bad skin days, SC tends to only work when my skin is already pretty smooth. So it's not going to be a re-purchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a silky powder which gives medium coverage. I would'nt buy it again as the shade is very yellow on my NW10 skin. I can use it lightly but any heavier and I look jaundised. I much prefer select powder for oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jennieafero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. Silky smooth. Dosn't leave me feeling caked in product and dosn't tend to dry out my already parched skin. I use the medum shade every day over a variety of foundations/shades, works well with everything. Essental part of my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good powder... Everything that everyone has said, feels smooth looks beautiful on skin, wears for 2+ hrs, color matches perfectly, easy compact. what else do you need in a powder?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You can't beat M.A.C. when it comes to makeup. The quality is superior to other brand cosmetics. This powder was suggested by a talented M.A.C. makeup artist a few months ago. I told her my skin was dry and powders only made it feel drier. She told me the Studio Careblend powder had oils in it that worked with dry skin. On first application, she made me a believer. It gives your skin a flawless, truly beautiful glow - no chalky, ashy, powder feel like with most powders. I bought this in Medium and it is a perfect color match. I apply this over my sunscreen and it doesn't change the color. Good job, MAC!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Breaks me out. First ingredient is Talc (Cheap pore clogging crap), has no coverage, and no oil control. Just average. And I thought it looked powdery until it set with my own face oil. Waste of money in my case.

9 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by missashley884

This is a great powder. I use it every single day, either to set my studio tech foundation, or just to use on my face when I am lazy! On days I use it to set my foundation, I use a stippling brush to apply and on days I use it alone, I just use the little applicator it comes with. It definately helps control any shine I may get on my face and it doesn't leave my face feeling heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by ThatOneGirl1021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. In the nearly 15 years I've been wearing MAC cosmetics, this is the first powder that does the MAC artist say it will do.

I am PRONE to acne, shiny T-zone and SCARING. Since I started using this product in June( 2011), my face has been so much better -- no HUGE break outs ( which means no new scares) and real shine control. I use the shine control lotion, but this powder helps reinforce the no shine action.

The coverage is light but can be built up ( with concealers, foundations). I often only use concealer underneath.

The only downside to this product is the small quantity in the compact. If this was in a loose powder, I would buy only this product because it is THAT good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by kelliea31

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As someone with extremely oily skin with areas of dry skin, this powder is perfect for me. It is very light and sheer (but buildable) and therefore doesn't look cakey. It kept me looking matte for at least 3 hours before I started to look a bit shiny again. And it didn't emphasise dry areas which is normally my pet peeve with powders. Would definitely recommend to those with combination skin :)