October 20, 2014 | 893 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Careblend is a hybrid between MAC Studio Fix foundation powder and MSFN, it is not too cakey and thick however it has natural, quite full coverage. You could use careblend on it's own or to set liquid foundation, I use it to set my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation, and it looks great. The shade 'light' is perfect for my NC15-NC20 skin and lasts pretty much all day, atleast 6+ hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 11:18:00 AM More reviews by cchughes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gives my skin a nice natural finish It doesn't feel or look powdery. In fact, my skin feels softer and creamy with this! I will probably not buy again due to price and my desire to try new things. I might though if I have money for it and no urges to try another powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

When I was in my 20's I used to be able to pack on the powder foundation or liquid AND powder every day. No problems with dryness, flakes or breaking out. Now I've reached that "certain age" I find that the majority of powder makes me look like a dried up mess by noon. Even my favorite "HD invisible" powders are drying on me after a time. Not with Careblend! I just purchased it a few days ago and I am just thrilled with the results! 9 plus hours of wear, no flakes, no caking. It wears to a glowy finish on my (very) slightly oily forehead and stays semi-satin and comfortable on the rest of my (very) dry face.
You ask why even use powder if I am dry skinned? I use it to set my foundation so my makeup stays where I want it to stay. I usually like loose powder so I've adapted my application of Careblend to my regular loose powder technique. Smooth product with a large puff, tap off excess on puff, press lightly on face, use powder brush to remove excess (if necessary). I use this same method if I use this as a setting powder or wearing alone over face cream.
The colors tend to run light and yellow. I'm a "Medium" in Careblend as it is the lightest pink toned. Light was almost white and Light Plus too yellow for me. I'm NW20 in the winter and a light NW25 in the summer.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by laaine

I did lots of reading before finally deciding on this product. I do like it so far, I have combination skin: oily in my t-zone and normal cheeks, sometimes dry. I found that this product did make my face a bit oilier than usual but it did provide good coverage over the redness on my nose and the few pimples I have. I chose medium as my color and I am not the darkest person, I have been called a ghost but I am platinum blonde and the medium suited me very well. It felt soft and really good on my skin first going on, but like I said it got a bit oily as the day went on. After reapplying though it did not cake, it was soft again. I paid $28.00 CAD for this which is a bit pricier than the drug store cover-up that turns your face orange, but I don't mind :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by theleia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I loved MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder and was devastated when they discontinued it. In replacement they recommended me this, which I bought because I trusted MAC. But one swipe of the finger revealed that this was already much grainier than Select Sheer. I should have trusted my gut!

This is much less finely milled than Select Sheer. Studio Careblend also doesn't come in the NC/NW colour range that SS did. Instead I was given a "medium" that is a tad too pink for my skintone.

It still works well as a pressed powder, so I'm sticking to it in order not to waste it. But while SS could save me on bad skin days, SC tends to only work when my skin is already pretty smooth. So it's not going to be a re-purchase for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:28:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonSmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a silky powder which gives medium coverage. I would'nt buy it again as the shade is very yellow on my NW10 skin. I can use it lightly but any heavier and I look jaundised. I much prefer select powder for oil control.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by jennieafero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this powder. Silky smooth. Dosn't leave me feeling caked in product and dosn't tend to dry out my already parched skin. I use the medum shade every day over a variety of foundations/shades, works well with everything. Essental part of my makeup kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good powder... Everything that everyone has said, feels smooth looks beautiful on skin, wears for 2+ hrs, color matches perfectly, easy compact. what else do you need in a powder?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 9:54:00 AM More reviews by smhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

You can't beat M.A.C. when it comes to makeup. The quality is superior to other brand cosmetics. This powder was suggested by a talented M.A.C. makeup artist a few months ago. I told her my skin was dry and powders only made it feel drier. She told me the Studio Careblend powder had oils in it that worked with dry skin. On first application, she made me a believer. It gives your skin a flawless, truly beautiful glow - no chalky, ashy, powder feel like with most powders. I bought this in Medium and it is a perfect color match. I apply this over my sunscreen and it doesn't change the color. Good job, MAC!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Breaks me out. First ingredient is Talc (Cheap pore clogging crap), has no coverage, and no oil control. Just average. And I thought it looked powdery until it set with my own face oil. Waste of money in my case.

9 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No