December 21, 2014 | 1795 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:02:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

An amazing powder that provides coverage. I use it to set my foundation and it works really well. I use light/medium and it has those yellow undertones that I'm always searching for. Doesn't look overly powdery on the skin, and the longer you wear it the more 'natural' it looks as it melts into your skin. Keeps my skin matte for several hours. Great little compact that's sturdy enough to leave in your purse for touch ups. As I said before, it provides extra coverage to your foundation if you use it to set your makeup which is great. Will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Peachesandcream22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HOLY POTATO THIS POWDER IS AMAZING!!!!! Definitel a holy grail powder. This is the only powder I own that can keep my oily skin at bay. Some people say this is supposed to be used as a powder foundation, I just use it as a setting powder. The color matches me to a tee. I really can't say enough good things about this powder.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The only reason I didn't give this a 5 is because of lack of shade choices. This product is amazing. If you don't have extremely oily skin I can't see why you wouldn't love this. The coverage it offers is amazing. It doesn't look chalky or cakey, especially for how much coverage it has. It helps my fndt last all day (i'm combo/dry) You don't get a ton of product but it is pretty cheap. I don't mind the look of the packaging, I have yet for it to break up on me and it comes with a sponge that works well if you want lots of coverage, I always use my eco tools brushes to blend it out though. I should add that I am a classic ginger, so very very very light skin and i use the light/medium only because the fair is to pink toned and i need yellow tones to even out my redness, and it is darker than my skin but 99% of the time all powders are to dark for me. For day time i mix with nars snow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this powder. Even though I have dry skin, it does not make me look chalky or accentuate dryness. It perfects my skin after foundation--mattifying it and giving a bit more coverage. The smell is kind of weird, but that's a minor thing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

It was quite a shocker when I found this powder to be average/mediocre since it has high ratings and most of my friends recommended it.... This is not for extremely oily skinned girls!!! After applying liquid or creme foundation I use this as a setting powder which provides a soft matte finish that turns into a Dewey finish within a couple hours. I have tried better setting powders like the maybelline dream matte that keeps my oilies at bay for 4-5 hours.... Also when i blot my face with this powder, it makes my face more cakey... This is definitely for just setting foundation and not for blotting :/ And it is winter time!! My face isnt even as extremely oily as it is in the summer =.=

Pros:
Probably great for dry-combination skin due to soft matte finish
Nice color selection
Finley milled and soft on skin

Cons:
Fake/unnatural looking
Can get cakey (not for blotting)
Mediocre oil control (about 2-3 hours!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

This powder is one of the best I've ever tried. I got it online after reading the awesome reviews of it on MUA and I have to say its been one of my best purchases ever. And for the price of this powder, it is such a steal!

Pros:
-Its really fine so it goes on beautifully and softly.
-It doesn't cake when you put it on or touch up
-Huge colour range so you can get a shade that really matches your skin tone
-There is no pinkish undertone (at least in the shade I got, which is Light Tan) which does not look good on us tan Asian girls
-The price is awesomely affordable
-Coverage is truly as it describes - light to medium - so for those of you who just need abit of cover and the professional look, this is perfect as it looks natural as well
-The packaging is pretty sturdy as long as you dont put it through much (I havent tried dropping it on the floor but I wouldn't risk it)

Cons:
-It flakes a little when you try to pick it up with your brush/sponge in the container so be careful with how much you try to pick up or you might end up with alot of powder on your clothes.
-The sponge it comes with leaves much to be desired but I'd recommend a brush anyway.
-UPDATE: another con: after using it for a little more than a month, I have hit pan, so there really was not that much product. but for the price, I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would give this a 3.5 if I could- it's really not as bad as a 3, but a 4 would be giving it too much credit! I am very pale with freckles, very sensitive combination skin, and was looking for a pressed powder that was light enough for my skin, mattifying but not too much, and just overall covers up imperfections slightly...maybe a slightly less matte version of Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. What I got was a very basic powder- good, but not great. I like this powder but I don't love it, because it just doesn't wow me.

Overall Pros:
-good shine control
-a natural, not over-mattified look
-shade matches skin tone
Overall Cons:
-only lasts about 3ish hours, have to reapply more often than I'd like
-packaging sucks! a few weeks after use the clear top in the middle popped right off, now I have to put it in a plastic bag to store it!
-sometimes it sort of dulls out my skin- like i said before, it just doesn't wow me or make enough of a difference to buy again

If you have less oily skin than me and need less shine control, are looking for a pressed powder for winter, and just need a basic powder that doesn't do anything special then I would definitely recommend this powder. I think it runs about $7-8 at CVS but I bought it on ebay (because the shade "light" is very hard to find in the store) for only $4, which is pretty good!

If you have combination skin that is slightly more on the oily side, want really good staying power, or are looking for a powder for the summer, I would probably not get this powder. If I can't find a better powder (I'm thinking of trying Maybelline's Matte Powder) then I suppose I will settle for this one and repurchase, as long as I can find it for a cheap price.

But in my opinion, a powder I'd settle for doesn't deserve a 4/5, which is why I gave it a 3/5- an average, basic powder for those who only need a simple look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

What a wonderful press powder, for a little over $6, smooth application with a matte finish, yet not overdrying for my dry skin. I used it over a little layer of liquid fdn.
It doesn't have much coverage,using it alone as a powder fdn. is not an option for me.
The shades Medium and Light Tan basically have the same intensity, except medium is more of a pink base while Light Tan is up my alley, a yellow based.
the first ingredient is Talc, which doesn't bother me, this also has apricot kernal oil, slight fragrance.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- matte finish
- shade selection

Cons

- packaging
- no oil control

Comments: I use "medium tan" as it serves as a great bronzer for me. It's completely matte and looks natural. As a setting powder, I use the shade "medium". It's very sheer and doesn't control oil, so I don't like using it for setting. I will continue to use the darker shade for contouring, though.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetsophiav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I REALLY LOVE this powder, I try not to use powder that often because I am in my late 30's with somewhat dry skin. This stuff is so silky and smooth and feels REALLY nice on my skin and doesn't make my skin look or feel dry or cakey!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No