October 1, 2014 | 1762 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - The Multitasker Face Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by Peachesandcream22

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HOLY POTATO THIS POWDER IS AMAZING!!!!! Definitel a holy grail powder. This is the only powder I own that can keep my oily skin at bay. Some people say this is supposed to be used as a powder foundation, I just use it as a setting powder. The color matches me to a tee. I really can't say enough good things about this powder.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The only reason I didn't give this a 5 is because of lack of shade choices. This product is amazing. If you don't have extremely oily skin I can't see why you wouldn't love this. The coverage it offers is amazing. It doesn't look chalky or cakey, especially for how much coverage it has. It helps my fndt last all day (i'm combo/dry) You don't get a ton of product but it is pretty cheap. I don't mind the look of the packaging, I have yet for it to break up on me and it comes with a sponge that works well if you want lots of coverage, I always use my eco tools brushes to blend it out though. I should add that I am a classic ginger, so very very very light skin and i use the light/medium only because the fair is to pink toned and i need yellow tones to even out my redness, and it is darker than my skin but 99% of the time all powders are to dark for me. For day time i mix with nars snow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by nativetrees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this powder. Even though I have dry skin, it does not make me look chalky or accentuate dryness. It perfects my skin after foundation--mattifying it and giving a bit more coverage. The smell is kind of weird, but that's a minor thing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

It was quite a shocker when I found this powder to be average/mediocre since it has high ratings and most of my friends recommended it.... This is not for extremely oily skinned girls!!! After applying liquid or creme foundation I use this as a setting powder which provides a soft matte finish that turns into a Dewey finish within a couple hours. I have tried better setting powders like the maybelline dream matte that keeps my oilies at bay for 4-5 hours.... Also when i blot my face with this powder, it makes my face more cakey... This is definitely for just setting foundation and not for blotting :/ And it is winter time!! My face isnt even as extremely oily as it is in the summer =.=

Pros:
Probably great for dry-combination skin due to soft matte finish
Nice color selection
Finley milled and soft on skin

Cons:
Fake/unnatural looking
Can get cakey (not for blotting)
Mediocre oil control (about 2-3 hours!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

This powder is one of the best I've ever tried. I got it online after reading the awesome reviews of it on MUA and I have to say its been one of my best purchases ever. And for the price of this powder, it is such a steal!

Pros:
-Its really fine so it goes on beautifully and softly.
-It doesn't cake when you put it on or touch up
-Huge colour range so you can get a shade that really matches your skin tone
-There is no pinkish undertone (at least in the shade I got, which is Light Tan) which does not look good on us tan Asian girls
-The price is awesomely affordable
-Coverage is truly as it describes - light to medium - so for those of you who just need abit of cover and the professional look, this is perfect as it looks natural as well
-The packaging is pretty sturdy as long as you dont put it through much (I havent tried dropping it on the floor but I wouldn't risk it)

Cons:
-It flakes a little when you try to pick it up with your brush/sponge in the container so be careful with how much you try to pick up or you might end up with alot of powder on your clothes.
-The sponge it comes with leaves much to be desired but I'd recommend a brush anyway.
-UPDATE: another con: after using it for a little more than a month, I have hit pan, so there really was not that much product. but for the price, I'll definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Shelbsca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I would give this a 3.5 if I could- it's really not as bad as a 3, but a 4 would be giving it too much credit! I am very pale with freckles, very sensitive combination skin, and was looking for a pressed powder that was light enough for my skin, mattifying but not too much, and just overall covers up imperfections slightly...maybe a slightly less matte version of Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder. What I got was a very basic powder- good, but not great. I like this powder but I don't love it, because it just doesn't wow me.

Overall Pros:
-good shine control
-a natural, not over-mattified look
-shade matches skin tone
Overall Cons:
-only lasts about 3ish hours, have to reapply more often than I'd like
-packaging sucks! a few weeks after use the clear top in the middle popped right off, now I have to put it in a plastic bag to store it!
-sometimes it sort of dulls out my skin- like i said before, it just doesn't wow me or make enough of a difference to buy again

If you have less oily skin than me and need less shine control, are looking for a pressed powder for winter, and just need a basic powder that doesn't do anything special then I would definitely recommend this powder. I think it runs about $7-8 at CVS but I bought it on ebay (because the shade "light" is very hard to find in the store) for only $4, which is pretty good!

If you have combination skin that is slightly more on the oily side, want really good staying power, or are looking for a powder for the summer, I would probably not get this powder. If I can't find a better powder (I'm thinking of trying Maybelline's Matte Powder) then I suppose I will settle for this one and repurchase, as long as I can find it for a cheap price.

But in my opinion, a powder I'd settle for doesn't deserve a 4/5, which is why I gave it a 3/5- an average, basic powder for those who only need a simple look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

What a wonderful press powder, for a little over $6, smooth application with a matte finish, yet not overdrying for my dry skin. I used it over a little layer of liquid fdn.
It doesn't have much coverage,using it alone as a powder fdn. is not an option for me.
The shades Medium and Light Tan basically have the same intensity, except medium is more of a pink base while Light Tan is up my alley, a yellow based.
the first ingredient is Talc, which doesn't bother me, this also has apricot kernal oil, slight fragrance.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- matte finish
- shade selection

Cons

- packaging
- no oil control

Comments: I use "medium tan" as it serves as a great bronzer for me. It's completely matte and looks natural. As a setting powder, I use the shade "medium". It's very sheer and doesn't control oil, so I don't like using it for setting. I will continue to use the darker shade for contouring, though.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by sweetsophiav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I REALLY LOVE this powder, I try not to use powder that often because I am in my late 30's with somewhat dry skin. This stuff is so silky and smooth and feels REALLY nice on my skin and doesn't make my skin look or feel dry or cakey!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Fiache

HOLY F GRAIL! I am a NC37-42 depending on season. I'm a NC40 and this powder in Light tan #4 is the perfect match. My face is lighter than my body so I get away with the next shade Tan #5 for full face as well, but I like #4 more for keeping my highlighted areas bright.
They offer 9 different shades with yellow,neutral and pink undertones. I paid 6,99 USD for 10.5 gram and serves as a setter,finisher and blotter. It contain talc which may turn people off, but personally, I don't think talc in this small doze will harm me in any way.
I have normal, sometimes dry skin and live in a humid climate in Thailand. I have fairly nice skin and I hardly never break out (asian).
First of all, I am not really a powder person. I do love experimenting with makeup to see what works for me and I was always wondering what all the hype about powders was. I like using only foundation and have some luminous finish to it - but only in Europe. So here on Koh tao I need something to keep the humidity and oils away from my face. This is where my powder and I get along so damn well. I haven't tried a lot of powders before. Only ELF pressed powder "almond" which I do love as well but is not as long lasting as Milani and doesn't colormatch as close as the Milani. I also tried Maybelline dream matte "Honey" which did absolutely nothing for my skin, no coverage, sheer and I couldn't notice any difference in my face after applying it.
The powder has a yellow/neutral undertone with no orange undertones whatsoever and is amazingly smooth. It's somewhat pigmented but still sheer and lightweight and offer just such a lovely finish which makes me love using it alone with only tiny bit concealer. The best thing about it, is that it NEVER looks cakey (even after touch ups) and it lasts for a good 6-8 hours before I can feel like touching up. Also, most importantly, it doesn't feel heavy and tight on my face. Even if I layer it, it never breaks me out. It still feels like my skin can breathe which I love. I apply it with any fluffy face brush and my face looks so polished and matte and so natural looking! I also use this when I go to Europe and it works amazingly for my skin there as well, when I got drier skin.
It's a bit bulky since it has a under department which is meant for the velvety puff included which works pretty OK and a mirror. Don't love the puff but ok for quick touch ups. I use my puff from Elfs HD powder instead. The packaging doesn't look terribly cheap but feels a bit plasticy. I would love for it to be a bit sleeker.
It is so affordable and I am not even considering trying out any other powders after this discovery. I will do a comparison though - to the other Milani compact foundation in "Honey beige" which I heard is good one as well.(Update: Tried it, now you can read my other review on it, love this for other reasons)
It lasts me forever and I use it almost every single day. My hunt for a HG has come to an end,(and I wasn't even looking or one) which I never thought I would ever say!
I'm in love!