Milani The Multitasker Face Powder

Not tested on animals

Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Dehydroacetic Acid, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Parfum (Fragrance), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Lyral), Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Hydroxycitronellal, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Eugenol.+/-May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/2/2013 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this powder! I finally found a drugstore powder that's just as good as my Clinique Stay-Matte formula and is close to my coloring. I bought this in Medium Tan, which looks to fall nicely into the NC45 realm, It would say that the color falls between neutral to yellow undertones. I tend to fall between yellow to olive undertones and most drugstore powder have a pink or orange undertone, which looks horrible on me. This is much better than my MAC C7, which is way too orange. While the Medium Tan and Dark Tan looked very similar in the store and suited for Deep complexions. I believe the Dark Tan, would look good on Deep NW complexions, because it looked warmer.

This product actually makes my complexion looks better - nice coverage, perhaps a shade deeper than my natural tone, which is fine since summer is coming. The texture isn't flaky, challky, or ashy. Shine control, yet you can see the natural hue of my complexion. It appears to control oil decently, it definitely doesn't increase the oil. No breakouts in term of clogging the skin either.

The imprint on the powder is pretty, which gives it a retro/vintage look. The only thing that I don't like is the packaging, which is a bit bulky. Otherwise, I'm quite pleased!

on 5/14/2013 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I don't use this as anything other than a tinted powder to mattify, if that makes sense. I have a powder foundation that does its job and then this to mattify throughout the day and actually match my skintone (no transparent powder looks natural on my nc35 skintone at the moment). I have used the Maybelline Dream matte and it was underperforming. I layer Rimmel's Stay Matte in the morning, but for touch ups (my tzone gets oily in the summer heat) I go to this powder. What's so good about it is that for the price you get a very cute compact with a mirror and sponge. It does look a little tacky, but I do my touch ups in the bathroom and not in public.

It does a very good job at controlling oil, especially around my nose. It doesn't look cakey like the dream matte powder would either. I would buy again since it's dirt cheap.

I am NC30-NC35 at the moment and light tan is dark and yellow enough to look natural.

on 5/7/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

This product was great for setting my foundation and keeping my usual shininess at bay. It felt light and adsorbed in nicely. Very nice product, does what it says.

on 4/25/2013 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Ladies and gentlemen, let me first preface this review for this wonderful HG product by saying I've crossed many roads. Tried many a powder. Turned many different shades of orange. And gotten the dreaded cakey oily face at the drop of a hat.
So when I say this powder is the best I've ever come across...just know that I love it the way normal people love the perfect car...or whatever it is people who don't hoard makeup enjoy.
I could write songs and poetry about this little wonder, but in the interest of saving my dignity, I'll say this; it gives a smooth, even finish that is never cakey or orange, has slight coverage and keeps me matte a good 8 hours. Touching up is no longer a cowardly task as it blends so flawlessly.
I've read some complaints saying that it makes the face look "flat". I don't mind, it's too wonderful to complain, anyways that's why I've got my highlighter and bronzer.
Would I repurchase? Pffft. I'd marry it if I could. It's my HG powder, at last.

on 4/20/2013 5:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

UGH! Everything else about it is OK: it provides decent coverage (not a foundation) and upholds oil resistant however, its dull! I dont want a one-dimensional, matte face. The powder is cheap, its not as finely milled as it should be. It's slightly chalky, however your natural oils through the day will even it out so you won't be complaining, only in the beginning.

Trust me, for setting powder, you want a light and sheer powder that eliminates oil. Also, it has to be a great luminizing powder that imparts a soft healthy glow. This thing is one-dimensionally nasty. This is best for oily skin! To correct the dullness and chalkiness, I spray FIX+. DONT BUY IT!

The best setting powder is Shiseido The Makeup Luminizing Color Powder, it does everything above that a great setting powder should.

on 3/30/2013 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

So in my search for skin perfection, first i try all of the cheaper stuff listed as an MUA Top Pick and then work my way to the expensive stuff if necessary. This was great because it was cheap, it was fantastic for being completely matte, but unfortunately it looked too flat, the color match wasn't good and it caused a bunch of little whiteheads on my chin. I know this was the guilty product because I've had clear, blemish-free skin for years. So much so that I panicked and didn't know how to deal with those whiteheads. I stopped using this powder and then it took like 2 months for my skin to recover. Boo.

on 3/23/2013 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am NC-50 and I use this Milani powder (07- Dark Tan) and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (Deep Dark) interchangeably. While I wouldn't say it's a one-to-one Skinfinis dupe, I think the end result is similar and quite beautiful. I love this powder! It has provides oil control and you can often get it on sale or clearance (got mine for less than $2 at Sears). Great bang for your buck!

Milani Multitasker Face Powder FAR exceeded my expectations. I use it regularly and reserve the expensive MAC Mineralize Skinfinish for special occasions.

on 3/22/2013 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product really is quite good. It is smooth and provides some extra coverage. It is completely matte and is fine enough to prevent that powdery feel. I have dry skin and it does not make me look cakey. The packaging is kinda bulky and I wish the mirror was on the same side as the powder. Overall I like it better than maybelline dream matte by a long shot.

on 3/12/2013 9:30:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Still searching for a better color match than my tried-and-true Cover Girl "Simply Powder", I decided to try this out.

It gave me whiteheads and deep cystic acne almost instantly. The cystic acne still has not healed, after several days. If you're acne prone, this is not a good fit.

on 3/7/2013 1:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I use this powder in light-medium (a nice light yellow tone) to set my under eye concealer. this works better than banana powder (too dark and doesn't set) and laura mercier powder.

great price, awesome product. i can't be without this powder.