April 18, 2014 | 934 users online

Moisturizers - St. Ives - St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Dr Oz says this is all you need! I absolutely love it! It goes on so smooth and sinks right in. It's a real treat before you go to bed!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Benjamin5412

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Let me start out at first, St Ives is overall a effective and amazing skin care brand. Their products do a amazing job for my skin and they are very affordable! A lot of consumers say that their products are harsh and do nothing. Well, let me say this to you, for example their Apricot Scrub is only harsh and dangerous to your skin if you make it. The Apricot Scrub is a physical exfoliant, which means YOU have to do the job to be careful, yet effective if you want beautiful skin. As for say the Salicylic acid in the Blemish Control face scrub, as a acid it does it's job to chemically exfoliate the skin and reach deep down to the pores to deeply clean. Now that is said, I would definitely recommend this product for someone who is seeking a effective and cheap facial moisturizer. This product is a great moisturizer, for me personally. Now, remember everyone has different skin so this product may and may not work for you. But that doesn't mean it isn't good. I have very oily skin and this moisturizer did it's job good and deeply moisturized but it made my skin a bit too oily. I will repurchase this again and I do recommend. Good luck!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by kamiekirk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I seem to come back to this product everytime. After using The Balm's TimeBalm skincare line, my skin was left worse than it has ever been. I broke out severely all over, even in places I've never had issues. The only moisturizer that hasn't broken me out or caused issues is St. Ives.

I see others complain all the time about jar packaging, but I don't see any problems with it. Obviously, if you just cleansed your face, your hands are clean. Furthermore, the preservatives in the product prevent bacteria growth.

The price is also absolutely unbeatable, so if it doesn't work for you, it makes a great body moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by rainlullaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My mother recently purchased this facial moisturizer and I gave it a try. The next day I went out and bought my own 10 oz. jar for like, $5 at Walmart. What a deal!!

I have fairly normal skin, a little on the sensitive side. This moisturizer really does moisturize! It leaves my skin soft and supple. I have no complaints.

I will most definitely be repurchasing when my jar runs empty.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this stuff every night before bed for the past couple months, and it has done the trick for me. I have oily skin, and this stuff works like a dream. I slather it onto my face after I wash and tone, and I instantly feel this stuff sinking into my skin and working it's magic, not to mention I'm in LOVE with the fragrance. This stuff reminds me a lot of Philosophy's Hope In a Jar - minus the insane price. I don't wear this too much during the day time, as I feel that it would be a bit too heavy for me, and with my oily skin, I don't think my makeup would hold up very well. But this has become my HG nightly moisturizer. So glad I found it! And I got 10 oz. for under $5. Amazing!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

This is one of those products that reminds me just how awesome MUA is. I'd never heard of it and I thought I'd tried every drugstore moisturizer I could find at my local walmart. I went to MUA Top Picks because I'd given up the drugstore search and surrendered to the idea that I'd have to find some high end product or another. However, I saw this product on the list and at $5 for 10 oz I didn't have much to lose (come on guys! 50 CENTS an ounce versus the typical 30-40+ DOLLARS).

Oh, My. Goodness. This stuff surpassed all of my expectations. It's super moisturizing which the drier parts of my face needs and even the oilier parts (those with oily skin know what I'm talking about when I say that their always seems to be dry skin under the oil--the oil just sits on top not necessarily moisturizing anything and it's dry beneath). AND (this is where most moisturizers are a let down) IT DOESN'T MAKE ME GREASY! It actually makes my makeup look better, not worse, throughout the day. It creates this kind of natural glow but stays pretty matte at the same time.

The one let down is the fragrance. Not that it smells bad, I just really do not like fragrances in my skin care whatsoever. That being said, however, I haven't noticed any irritation from it nor acne and I have very sensitive skin.

If you were looking for a good oily skin moisturizer but mattifying lotions are a bit too dry, then try this. (I actually mix my Murad with this but even used alone this moisturizer works on me). Or if you have dry skin I'm sure it'll still look and feel like a dream. Again, thank you MUA product reviews for bringing this into my life <3

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by UrbanObsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin is crazy oily and clog prone, I picked this moisturizer up at Walmart based on its rave reviews on MUA and am so disappointed. The price was right, only $4 for a huge 10 oz tub, but sadly, I got what I paid for:( if you're sensitive to fragrances, you'd better skip this one because its highly scented and the first thing I noticed when I applied it. I don't mind a light scent, but this one is borderline noxious and reminded me of a flower garden. Another thing I would like to mention is its second main ingredient is Mineral Oil, a petroleum bi product which I feel uneasy putting on my acne-prone skin, as it's always broken me out in the past. Researchers are split on whether or not Mineral Oil should be classified as "comedegenic," but IMO, it's very pore clogging. I gave this product the benefit of the doubt and used it regularly for one month, what I liked about it is the light consistency/ moisturizing feel, but what gets me is that it leaves a greasy film behind that makes my skin oily in less than an hour and I attribute this product to the tiny whiteheads that appeared all over my face from continued use. I gave this product to my mom, who raves about it for her more mature skin. Def wouldn't repurchase, there are better DS moisturizers for oily skin.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by chrissym1023

Love this stuff!! Great moisturizer and I can feel that is tightens my skin. My skin has never looked better!! Can not beat the price either!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with the reviewer below. This isn't a good facial moisturizer. I thought I'd save a few bucks and try this based on reviews. I too think it's unsanitary and it left me with flesh colored bumps on my face too! I did give it a 3 because for the $, I use it as body lotion and it's pretty good for that, so at least I didn't have to toss it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ceila

Purchased this based on the blooming reviews in mua, hated the packaging too bulky and so unsanitary, has a horrid citrussy floral powdery headache inducing scent .. Worst of all it gave me weird type of rash all over my face :( .. It was sooo itchy and inflamed .. Micro skin colored tipped bumps all over my face that when I run my handpalm over my skin it feels like I'm touching sand paper .. It took me a while to get rid of it , it may work for u but definitely not for me I won't repurchase :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No