St. Ives St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

Water, Mineral Oil, Propylene Glycol, PEG 100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Safflower Seed OiI, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Ethylhexl Glycerin, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Coumarin, Geraniol

on 1/2/2014 2:25:00 PM

I hated this as a facial moisturizer, it clogged my pores and broke me out. Disappointed, I decided to use the rest of the tub as a body moisturizer. And I loved it! I have bought it two more times since then, it's now my HG body lotion.
It sinks right into my skin (my body skin that is, it didn't sink into my facial skin at all) and leaves NO greasiness. No scent either, so no interfering with my perfume. Best of all, it's in a jar. That's a big drawback for a facial moisturizer but for a body lotion it means I can easily get every last bit of product out of the container. I hate lotions in pump-dispenser bottles for this reason, and body creams & body butters in jars are usually so thick and heavy. So it's the best of both worlds because this product is lightweight and yet provides excellent moisture.
As much as I love it as a body moisturizer I only give it three lippies because that's not what it's for. As a facial moisturizer I'd give it a 1, but for body it's a 5. So 3 seems fair. Will continue to repurchase, $5 for a 10oz jar is a bargain!

on 12/29/2013 10:14:00 AM

Not bad for the price. I have oily skin and it works perfect for me. Hasn't made me break out. I use it as a night cream.

on 12/27/2013 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this a while ago before I realized St. Ives is no longer animal friendly. ( I guess when they were bought by Unilever?) But, not wanting to waste anything, I've been trying to use it up so I can be done with it...

This has mineral oil in it and makes for a great makeup remover. Just use a thick base, rub it in, and I wipe away with a warm wet paper towel. Repeat if you need to. There's still enough residue after wiping that my face doesn't feel tight or greasy at all. In fact, since I've been doing this I've stopped soap washing except for 1-2 times per week, AND it's been helping with my acne.

It was kind of blow when I realized S.I. was no longer animal friendly and so I don't want to purchase this again. That said, it's really inexpensive for the amount you get. Unfortunately, I can't attest to anything as far as the collagen boosting ingredients go. So, in all, I'm most likely not going to repurchase.

on 12/22/2013 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I bought this when I knew very little about skin care. It's too basic for my needs now, I prefer using facial moisturizers that contain many antioxidants and cell-communicating ingredients. One thing that I strongly dislike about this product is its overwhelming fragrance. Fragrance has no place in skin care imo. It has a very clean scent but it's way too strong to be pleasant. I'm not a big fan of the jar packaging either, I find it to be unsanitary. This cream does a decent job of moisturizing the skin but I will not repurchase due to the ingredients/terrible fragrance.

on 12/20/2013 8:39:00 AM

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!!!!

The more I use it, the better my skin looks. I put a huge glob on after a shower and my face and neck just drink it up. My skin is like velvet! I can use it under makeup. It's a bit too light for nighttime use though. Does not aggravate my rosacea. My redness and the P&P are still there but they seem to be smaller and less angry.

I must be getting old, how can people say this is greasy? It's really not! I even add a couple drops of oil (rosehip, sea buckthorn, argan, whatever) to my glob for extra goodness!

on 12/20/2013 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I literally said to my boyfriend while in Walgreens. "This shit looks questionable but I will try it and return it if it gives me acne. " guess what. It did. AND the worst acne I have EVER had. Yesterday I noticed a lump on my head that looked like someone hit me in the head with a hammer. I am a clumsy person so I thought maybe I knocked my head on a car door or hatchback in my car and forgot or something. Then when it got worse I started having all the worse case scenario things running through my head, like what if I have a brain tumor. This evening when I was washing my face low and behold I found another one almost as big in my cheek! Damn it! I have a couple of the biggest cysts in my face right now ever! The only thing different I have used is this shit! BEWARE!!!!! Contains mineral oil and safflower oil < both of which I am convinced are horrible for skin because whenever one or the other is present in a product bad stuff happens to my face!

on 12/8/2013 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This a good basic moisturizer. It's nothing fancy, but it does hydrate the skin. I haven't seen any improvement in wrinkles, but I didn't expect to. It might be too heavy for summer, but it is nice I the winter.

Yes, I will repurchase. The price is right and if I don't use it my face, it's great for my neck and d├ęcolletage.

on 12/8/2013 7:19:00 PM

I've used this lotion for about 2 months and I'm not even 1/3 done with the jar! you get so much product for what you pay! It's very moisturizing and the thing i like the most is that it absorbs into my skin super fast, so when I'm applying my makeup I don't have to wait long to put on my foundation. It doesn't make my skin oily at all, its the perfect base when applying makeup or just by itself. St.Ives products can be a hit or miss with me but this is definitely a HIT! For about 4-5 dollars everyone should at least try this lotion once! Whenever i run out, which I'm sure will be months from now, i will repurchase!

on 12/5/2013 2:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love the fact that you get such a huge tub of cream in comparison to higher end moisturizers that give you 30mL. I first used this on my face and actually broke out with a few spots *BUT* I must say how great this has been as a neck and decolletage moisturizer! I was starting to think I should start taking more care of this region and thought I'd give this a go. I apply it every evening after a shower and it keeps my chest and neck plumped and moisturized..I couldn't be happier - and the fact that the tub will last for ages is great. I saw some of the higher end neck and decolletage creams advertised and they were very expensive.

on 11/23/2013 1:52:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer.

I have sensitive, rosacea and acne prone skin, so I need to be extremely careful with what I put on my face. This product caused no negative reaction for me at all. It does have a fragrance, which could potentially bother some. It smells very apricot-y to me, which I actually enjoy, but the scent fades quickly.

It's a simple moisturizer, it's very light and creamy and when you rub it in it just sort of melts into your skin. It leaves behind no filmy feeling, but your skin just feels a bit more plump and much more soft. Because this is the winter and I am having flaky skin problems (Retin-A usage), I use this under an occlusive in order to keep the moisture in. On it's own, it would be great in the summer, or for people with oilier skin. I could also see this as being great for mixing extra active ingredients into.

The price is wonderful on this, you get 10 oz for 4-5 dollars. My only complaint is that the tub it comes in doesn't have a protective seal on it when you buy it, which I would prefer (and is why I gave it a low rating on packaging).

Overall, I would definitely recommend this product for anyone not sensitive to fragrance.

UPDATE: This moisturizer is still one of the only ones that I can use without causing any sensitivity on my face, but on its own it's just too light for winter usage, nevermind retin-a usage. I find that it really is wonderful for mixing active ingredients into, to boost it's moisturizing capabilities. I would still highly recommend buying it, for its simplicity and super low cost, but on its own don't expect it to do a lot for very dry skin.