January 27, 2015 | 2010 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by yooka47

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Have been using every night for about a month now- two pumps covers neck and face nicely (almost too much) ad I have gotten many compliments on how smooth and perfect my skin looks! Yeah! Def less breakouts an smaller pores.
I love it bc it's fragrance free and I like its texture better than a lotion.
A winner for sure!
Bought a two pack a Costco with a coupon. SCORE!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by glamgirl31

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for a little over a week now and I am seeing results. My skin is truly combination, leaning more towards oily in the summer and dry in the winter. I believe this serum will work as a replacement for a night lotion in all seasons. I wake up to more radiant, supple, and smooth skin. I use one pump and this amount covers my face and neck. I have noticed less clogged pores so far, and the pores that were clogged seem to be purging a bit too. I have noticed that my skin is more refined as well. So far, this product is perfect for me!

FYI: Because this is packaged in a clear plastic bottle, store it in a dark cabinet or drawer. According to Paula B's research, light will slowly break the vitamins in this down, rendering them ineffective.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BrandyAlexander21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after seeing it in a magazine and saw the reviews were mostly good. I have sensitive skin and it will break out if I use a new product that doesn't agree with me. Thankfully I'm on day five of using this product and so far no negative reactions. My skin does look brighter, more even, and smooth.

I started this product a few days after I ended my last menstrual cycle, and my skin is at it's worth the last few days of my period. But after I finish, my skin starts to clear up and gets really nice. So I don't know if it's just my body doing the work, or this product. Hopefully it will continue to work over the next month and give even better results. But I do like it so far, and I am glad I made the purchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by sparklehorse

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I was looking for a cheaper alternative to Clinique's turnaround concentrate. It was a false economy because this has caused my face to break out in tiny pimples, all over. My complexion hasn't looked this bad in years.

Lesson learned...back to Clinique.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really tried to love this but it broke me out really bad. At the beginning it worked nice, smoothed skin, glowy...etc but after a couple of weeks my face broke out bad. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by khvalles

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I recently dug this out of my medicine cabinet because my skin was feeling a bit rough and dull. Applied it after cleansing and it stung. Odd- didn't remember that from before...tried it for 3 nights in a row and the result was not pretty. My previously clear skin started to break out- under my eyes, on cheekbones, temples and chin- YUCK! Became very itchy and irritated. Nothing else had changed, so I stopped using it and now, one week later, the zits are slowly healing. This is going in the trash.

I'd wanted to add a nighttime serum to my regimen and had sampled Lancome Genefique. Liked it but just couldn't justify spending the money. After reading so many good reviews from other women in my age bracket (I'm really not interested in whether 19-24 yr. old girls like it), I bought this and have been so pleased. My skin is definitely smoother, less blotchy, and marks are fading. Best of all, no breakouts after 2 weeks. Also, it doesn't seem to have the overwhelming perfume of many Olay products and the sparkles in it don't bother me because I'm just wearing to bed, not out in public. Love it!

9 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Purchased this on recommendation from paula b the cosmetics cop. Lately, the texture and tone of my skin has been blah! and I have been breaking out more than usual. Used this and immediately saw a difference. I have now used it for almost a week and no breakouts... skin looks renewed, refreshed. Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by tomiko3

This product and i have a beyond peculiar relationship. I got it mainly because of the semi good reviews on how well it worked with removing discoloration which seems to be my biggest problem. Also, it seemed like a nice step to add to my daily routine because glycolic acid (10% and 50%) appears to work well with my skin. However, after a week of using this "glittery lotion" my face was breaking out in places i havent expereienced in over 4 or 5 years. Purging my arse. whatever is in here must be some type of irritant. Even with saying that, i would give it a try, only because you might be one of the few that it'll work for, just be prepared to be on the other side of that as well though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by alovelyjessture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, everyone seems to either hate this product or absolutely love it! Very mixed emotions here. I was worried about this one. I have very acne prone skin, but after years and years of tearing away at it with harsh chemicals, a friend recommended I try the Olay Regenerist line to help my skin regenerate itself. I went on a whim and just bought the first item I saw, which was the Night Resurfacing Elixir. I used it that night, just a half a pump, because a little really goes a long way. I woke up the next morning and I had three huge zits that had drastically shrunken in size. I mean DRASTICALLY. Going from inflamed, swollen, and painful, to just pink painless dots. It was kind of incredible. For those who claim this product has broken them out, it's a high possibility that it's just a skin reaction or sensitivity to one or more of the ingredients, particularly the glycolic acid. Test it out before you actually use it on your face. I give this a 4/5 because I didn't seem to do much for my existing acne scars, but I'll keep using and see.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Pirategal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this product, I was left with hard white bumps that are still on my face. Never again. In the trash it went.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No