August 1, 2014 | 1200 users online

Treatments (Face) - Olay - Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 6:24:00 PM More reviews by sunnygator007

Purchased this on recommendation from paula b the cosmetics cop. Lately, the texture and tone of my skin has been blah! and I have been breaking out more than usual. Used this and immediately saw a difference. I have now used it for almost a week and no breakouts... skin looks renewed, refreshed. Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:30:00 AM More reviews by tomiko3

This product and i have a beyond peculiar relationship. I got it mainly because of the semi good reviews on how well it worked with removing discoloration which seems to be my biggest problem. Also, it seemed like a nice step to add to my daily routine because glycolic acid (10% and 50%) appears to work well with my skin. However, after a week of using this "glittery lotion" my face was breaking out in places i havent expereienced in over 4 or 5 years. Purging my arse. whatever is in here must be some type of irritant. Even with saying that, i would give it a try, only because you might be one of the few that it'll work for, just be prepared to be on the other side of that as well though.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2011 4:12:00 PM More reviews by alovelyjessture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Wow, everyone seems to either hate this product or absolutely love it! Very mixed emotions here. I was worried about this one. I have very acne prone skin, but after years and years of tearing away at it with harsh chemicals, a friend recommended I try the Olay Regenerist line to help my skin regenerate itself. I went on a whim and just bought the first item I saw, which was the Night Resurfacing Elixir. I used it that night, just a half a pump, because a little really goes a long way. I woke up the next morning and I had three huge zits that had drastically shrunken in size. I mean DRASTICALLY. Going from inflamed, swollen, and painful, to just pink painless dots. It was kind of incredible. For those who claim this product has broken them out, it's a high possibility that it's just a skin reaction or sensitivity to one or more of the ingredients, particularly the glycolic acid. Test it out before you actually use it on your face. I give this a 4/5 because I didn't seem to do much for my existing acne scars, but I'll keep using and see.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2011 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Pirategal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using this product, I was left with hard white bumps that are still on my face. Never again. In the trash it went.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by andee74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very oily skin, and as I age, I have noticed increasingly LARGE pores. I tried this product and WOW! Within a few days, the size of my pores is noticeably smaller. Within a month or so, my skin appears softer, more refined, and much more smooth. I use it daily at night to keep my pores looking clean and young again! If you have large pores and oily skin, this is a great product for you. The price is terrific too!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

At 35$CAD this product is expensive for a drugstore one but it delivers.
My skin is noticeably smoother, texture is improved, clogged pores are almost gone and I've only been using it for 2 nights. I do not need a lot at once so it should last for months.
One little thing is that the bottle looks nice in the store but is actually made of plastic, could be made of glass instead, at that price it should be more chic.
Will update rating if bad effects appear.

Edit: this hasn't improved my skin enough for the cost and hassle. Downgraded rating.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by elletee23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I feel like my skin has shed some layers after using this product and it does feel softer and look smoother. I find what really helps is exfoliating (using a toner or exfoliating wash) in the morning to get rid of the "layer" of the elixir from the night before.

Overall, a good product that absorbs quickly at night and leaves my skin feeling better and looking brighter with an even skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by berniegwen

This is the culprit of my recent break-outs. At first I thought maybe its something else. I didnt use this for a couple of weeks and finally I decided to try it again and again it broke me out so I stopped using it and my skin cleared. So def. this can cause break-outs. will not be finishing the bottle. I will stick to the olay serums which work really great.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by orangeunicorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think my skin is brighter and has a more refined texture.

I will repurchase this.