April 18, 2014 | 1928 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by graciiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed with this product, i orginally dyed my hair a dark redish brown tint and wanted to buy this product as it seemed good and covers 100% of grey hairs , so i thought it could cover the roots coming through. i had the tint for over 2 months and i have natural light brown hair. this product did nothing i kept it on the the right amount of time but it didnt even cover my roots! i also paid 7 which is one of the more expensive hair dyes, not happy with this product at all, would not recommend !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Teresa1201

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I don't usually color my own hair, but I am going to start after seeing the results I had with color number 90. It was easy, inexpensive, and my hair looks and feels better than it has in a long time. I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know what's wrong with this product that people either love it or hate it. I guess it depends on your hair type, because I have very positive experience with this color. I wasn't expecting much after all those negative reviews but after using this color I was pleasantly surprised. Based on the experience of other reviewers I purposely bought a lighter shade, because I expected it would turn very dark. To my surprise, shade 30 Pure darkest brown turned exactly like on the box (that rarely happens with drugstore hair colors). Ironically now my roots are lighter than the rest of my hair. The foam was super easy to apply, it covered all of my hair and it made absolutely no mess. This color did no damage to my hair at all. It left my hair shiny and soft. I really can't say anything bad about this product, because it worked great for me. I can only guess that it works on some types of hair, it doesn't work for everybody. If this information helps, my hair is long, straight and super thin. My natural hair color is dark blond, almost brown. My hair is not damaged, it tends to be greasy. So good luck with this color, I believe it's worth to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by mimieux7

After a friend recommended this to me, I picked up a Dark Neutral Brown shade to color my already medium colored hair that needed to be re-done. What a nightmare! First, unlike other color mousse brands like John Frieda, who gives you PLENTY of product, I could hardly coat my shoulder length hair with one box, much less saturate it according to the instructions. I left it in for the allotted time and after processing and deep conditioning, I noticed that my ends were very dark, almost BLACK and my roots were unchanged. Nothing, nada. Like I hadn't even colored them, and believe me, I made certain I got that color everywhere, and since I was concerned there may not be enough for my hair length since most don't give you enough if you have hair past your shoulders, I even used TWO PACKAGES to ensure even color concentration! NOPE! I dried my hair only to see that the layers underneath, by the nape of my neck were lighter than everywhere else. What the heck?!? Not to mention, NO SHINE, my hair felt totally FRIED and very, very DRY. NEVER EVER AGAIN. I am researching Henna and am done with these box hair dyes and the stinky, toxic chemicals that dry out one's hair. I've had to use Argan and coconut oil treatments daily since I used this horrible product and my hair looks horrible! Buyer beware!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by mitsos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Please keep on mind that I have used many brands and types of hair dye, and in fact I favour L'Oreal. I often try new products and keep an open mind. However, Sublime Mousse is awful! I followed the instructions, didn't exceed development time. There was residue left after *repeatedly* rinsing my hair off. There was more stinging on my scalp during the application than in other permanent L'Oreal dyes. Casting Gloss which is semi-permanent covers more efficiently my front 30% whites than Sublime Mousse, which is permanent and boldly states on the package "100% coverage". The bottle could be better designed (it was slippery). The colour turned out as expected, no bad surprises there as some I read on the board. But I used 50 medium brown and my starting colour was very similar to that; I guess it's hard to mess with a neutral shade. But in all honesty 500 from Casting Gloss gives much better results (shinier). The application was easy, and it's a shame this isn't enough to make this a better product overall. The conditioner is the standard home-kit L'Oreal conditioner (nothing exceptional really). Since this was a longer hair dye session (due to intensive rinsing), more painful and less successful than other dyes I definitely NOT recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by vespatrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been coloring my hair for 20 years, and have tried every brand/style out there. This is hands-down the best home-coloring experience I've ever had! The mousse was unbelievably easy to apply. The color I tried was Neutral Med. Brown, and it turned out gorgeous, in addition to soft, silky smooth, shiny hair. Please don't stop making this, L'Oreal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For reference, I'm also something of a hair coloring veteran, and also tend to color and/or highlight my hair around twice a month, depending upon my mood/season/product availability. In addition, I've also heard it claimed by hair care professionals--stylists, etc, that at-home coloring is pretty risky because you never know what you'll get out of a box. However, based upon my (ahem) lengthy experience, I'd say that largely depends. I think that determining which home hair colorant product is a good fit for you and your hair, depends upon your hair coloring expectations and experience. By extension, understanding your base color goes a long way towards interpreting how the results may turn out. So, I purchased this in "Soft Light Blond' with mediocre expectations and was pleasantly surprised. A complete, blond, no-brainer, I'm happy to report. For it's airy consistency, it blended well, and didn't drip. No acrid, nose or eye watering smell. Fast and effective. Non-drying. However, I do tend to 'masque' my hair immediately following rinsing the color product out, which does make quite a difference to the silkiness of the end-result. Granted, the packaging and consistency may not be for all hair colorists-but it's simply impossible to please everyone all of the time. To wit; I just got myself another box on clearance from CVS.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by NMitchel

I want to start out by saying I am a hair dying junkie. I have been dying my hair since I was 14, had my hair pretty much every colour you can imagine (red, brown, currently blonde, blue, purple, pink, etc) and have used almost every brand you can imagine and only ever had my hair done professionally once (never again). I get insanely bored of hair colour in just a few weeks, so I'm always switching it up. My hair is just passed my shoulder blades in the back, so it's a decent length, and before I get any complaints I take amazing care of my hair.

I absolutely HATE this. I'm a huge fan of the convenience of mousse hair dyes, but steer clear of L'Oreal sublime (I LOVE Clairol's mousse formula, I would highly recommend that!)

First of all, the packaging was so awkward. Almost every other mousse formula I've used you only need to squeeze the bottle to get the dye, not PUMP. The pump is awkward and hard to use and it feels "rusty" There's really no other word to describe it.

As for the dye itself one bottle was enough to cover all my hair (which is the other think I love about mousse dyes, you get so much more) which is probably the only pro about this hair dye. Everything else about this hair dye was awful. The smell was horrendous, the conditioner was worse (it was sticky and made my hair feel awful even 3 days after).

The absolute worse part about this dye was it RUINED my hair. I have spent 3 years growing to the length it is now and I AM PISSED. Whenever I tried to brush my hair it was like fighting with a birds nest. My hair felt disgusting and dry (I've fixed it with a 3 week long regiment of insanely deep conditioners and redying my hair with Clairol, thank the hair gods! :P ) and I was so depressed about it. My hair has never looked so awful, even when I haven't washed it for a few days, then it did when I dyed it with L'Oreal Sublime. STEER CLEAR OF THIS!!!!

I am so disappointed with hair dye, especially for the price. I feel it's a bit expensive for a drug store hair dye. I was so looking forward to this dye, especially after using the Feria collection. Thankfully there are other dyes on the market though! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 4:47:00 AM More reviews by PrintesaBlonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really did not have many hopes for this product,so much so I even bought a back up of something else just in case it went wrong. Let me begin by saying that my hair has been severley chemically damaged in the past (bleach,hot irons etc) and although it has repaired somewhat now (thanks to regular trims and organic root stimulator hair mayonnaise!) I am still addicted to being a very light blonde as I hate my natural mousey blonde shade,I bought this (in shade Very Pure Light Blonde) as my last peroxide job went a little brassy and I was looking for something to give a gorgeous all over baby blonde (much like the picture on the box). My hair doesnt like anything but it loved this,after I washed it out my hair was a gorgeous shiny even baby blonde without any brassiness. I can't believe I doubted this,I normally think its better to buy my hair colouring products from a pro store like Sally's but this has completely blown all those high end colourants and expensive salon trips out the water. I am so happy and I recommend for everyone (with quite fair hair as I cannot comment on darker hair) to try this! I can guarantee you will not regret this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by dijanapetkovska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought it by a friend recommendation, she said it covers the gray hair, and lasts long and it is easy to use. It is a bit expensive in my country, almost the same as you will pay to dye your hair in a saloon, but my hair is very important to me so i bought it, and never regret it. I have it for more than 2 months now and the only gray hair I can see is the roots where it has grown up.The color turned out a little bit darker than i expected but in the instructions says that if you have doubts on what color to choose, always take the lighter one, but most important it is the same color from the first day I applied it, shiny and healthy. So now I bought the lighter color and I hardly wait to see how it turns out.