October 1, 2014 | 1870 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 3/11/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by herrera212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have to colour my hair every month in black. This mouse left my hair very dry, came all over my face couldnt get rid of dark stains of my face! the worst hair colourant ever! not recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by SunKitten

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I coloured my hair with this in a light neutral blonde shade, after letting my hair grow out to its natural colour (mousy brown with 30% gray) for over 2 years. The only reason I bought Sublime Mousse was because there was a coupon for $4 off. It did not cover the grays at all, and my hair has a distinctly reddish tint to it which looks terrible with my very cool, pink skin tone. It does not look blonde at all.

Not only that, but my mostly virgin hair feels dry and fried. I air dried it after colouring, but the next morning it looked so frizzy I had to pull it up into a bun for work.

Now I'm faced with having to go to Sally Beauty to purchase something to get my hair back to its healthy state, and also to recolour my hair in the hopes of getting a medium ash blonde shade.

I will never buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by minneapolismama

I color my hair a lot. This doesn't cover the gray for me. I tried it a couple of times to see if time mattered. It didn't. After a couple of washings it didn't look like I colored my hair at all. I wish it worked for me as it is very easy to put on.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by graciiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very disappointed with this product, i orginally dyed my hair a dark redish brown tint and wanted to buy this product as it seemed good and covers 100% of grey hairs , so i thought it could cover the roots coming through. i had the tint for over 2 months and i have natural light brown hair. this product did nothing i kept it on the the right amount of time but it didnt even cover my roots! i also paid 7 which is one of the more expensive hair dyes, not happy with this product at all, would not recommend !

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Teresa1201

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. I don't usually color my own hair, but I am going to start after seeing the results I had with color number 90. It was easy, inexpensive, and my hair looks and feels better than it has in a long time. I would definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by 1Tanya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't know what's wrong with this product that people either love it or hate it. I guess it depends on your hair type, because I have very positive experience with this color. I wasn't expecting much after all those negative reviews but after using this color I was pleasantly surprised. Based on the experience of other reviewers I purposely bought a lighter shade, because I expected it would turn very dark. To my surprise, shade 30 Pure darkest brown turned exactly like on the box (that rarely happens with drugstore hair colors). Ironically now my roots are lighter than the rest of my hair. The foam was super easy to apply, it covered all of my hair and it made absolutely no mess. This color did no damage to my hair at all. It left my hair shiny and soft. I really can't say anything bad about this product, because it worked great for me. I can only guess that it works on some types of hair, it doesn't work for everybody. If this information helps, my hair is long, straight and super thin. My natural hair color is dark blond, almost brown. My hair is not damaged, it tends to be greasy. So good luck with this color, I believe it's worth to try.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by mimieux7

After a friend recommended this to me, I picked up a Dark Neutral Brown shade to color my already medium colored hair that needed to be re-done. What a nightmare! First, unlike other color mousse brands like John Frieda, who gives you PLENTY of product, I could hardly coat my shoulder length hair with one box, much less saturate it according to the instructions. I left it in for the allotted time and after processing and deep conditioning, I noticed that my ends were very dark, almost BLACK and my roots were unchanged. Nothing, nada. Like I hadn't even colored them, and believe me, I made certain I got that color everywhere, and since I was concerned there may not be enough for my hair length since most don't give you enough if you have hair past your shoulders, I even used TWO PACKAGES to ensure even color concentration! NOPE! I dried my hair only to see that the layers underneath, by the nape of my neck were lighter than everywhere else. What the heck?!? Not to mention, NO SHINE, my hair felt totally FRIED and very, very DRY. NEVER EVER AGAIN. I am researching Henna and am done with these box hair dyes and the stinky, toxic chemicals that dry out one's hair. I've had to use Argan and coconut oil treatments daily since I used this horrible product and my hair looks horrible! Buyer beware!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by mitsos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Please keep on mind that I have used many brands and types of hair dye, and in fact I favour L'Oreal. I often try new products and keep an open mind. However, Sublime Mousse is awful! I followed the instructions, didn't exceed development time. There was residue left after *repeatedly* rinsing my hair off. There was more stinging on my scalp during the application than in other permanent L'Oreal dyes. Casting Gloss which is semi-permanent covers more efficiently my front 30% whites than Sublime Mousse, which is permanent and boldly states on the package "100% coverage". The bottle could be better designed (it was slippery). The colour turned out as expected, no bad surprises there as some I read on the board. But I used 50 medium brown and my starting colour was very similar to that; I guess it's hard to mess with a neutral shade. But in all honesty 500 from Casting Gloss gives much better results (shinier). The application was easy, and it's a shame this isn't enough to make this a better product overall. The conditioner is the standard home-kit L'Oreal conditioner (nothing exceptional really). Since this was a longer hair dye session (due to intensive rinsing), more painful and less successful than other dyes I definitely NOT recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by vespatrick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been coloring my hair for 20 years, and have tried every brand/style out there. This is hands-down the best home-coloring experience I've ever had! The mousse was unbelievably easy to apply. The color I tried was Neutral Med. Brown, and it turned out gorgeous, in addition to soft, silky smooth, shiny hair. Please don't stop making this, L'Oreal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For reference, I'm also something of a hair coloring veteran, and also tend to color and/or highlight my hair around twice a month, depending upon my mood/season/product availability. In addition, I've also heard it claimed by hair care professionals--stylists, etc, that at-home coloring is pretty risky because you never know what you'll get out of a box. However, based upon my (ahem) lengthy experience, I'd say that largely depends. I think that determining which home hair colorant product is a good fit for you and your hair, depends upon your hair coloring expectations and experience. By extension, understanding your base color goes a long way towards interpreting how the results may turn out. So, I purchased this in "Soft Light Blond' with mediocre expectations and was pleasantly surprised. A complete, blond, no-brainer, I'm happy to report. For it's airy consistency, it blended well, and didn't drip. No acrid, nose or eye watering smell. Fast and effective. Non-drying. However, I do tend to 'masque' my hair immediately following rinsing the color product out, which does make quite a difference to the silkiness of the end-result. Granted, the packaging and consistency may not be for all hair colorists-but it's simply impossible to please everyone all of the time. To wit; I just got myself another box on clearance from CVS.