September 2, 2014 | 923 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection - Petal Pusher (736)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by bananasplitlady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wet 'n' Wild eye shadows are great quality for their price. I prefer the colors in the comfort zone palette for my every day look, but this palette is my go to for a more dramatic look. Every good thing that people have to say about this is true. This is a must have for those on a budget like myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by sweetiepea161616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

For 5$, what's not to like? These colors are absolutely gorgeous and look amazing with my green eyes! I would totally recommend this. You can't rate this in comparison with MAC or something, I mean come on. Realize that this is Wet 'n' Wild you are talking about. For a cheap brand like this, the product can't really get much better. I get a lot of compliments when I use this palette. People are like, wow, your eyes look amazing! So yeah, I will continue to use this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by itscattt

Just like the other 2 palettes, this one has great quality for such a low price. My favorite color is the second one down in the second column. Least favorite is the very first one, kind of chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by darkskinsexylips

Wow, really mixed reviews on this product. I love it! I love purples and the purple shades are wonderful and last 10+hours (no creasing) w/out primer! These last as long as my Dior shades. As for pigment, these are the same as my Chanel which go on somewhat sheer and can be built up to more opaqueness. With this palette, one layer is sheer and opaqueness can be controlled. This 8-shade palette was less than $5cdn. If this isn't a great deal, then I don't know what is! If I hit pan on this and it is not d/c'd, then I will repurchase. If WnW comes out with more varieties of palettes like this one, then I will not be heading to my local HE store for more Dior and Chanel. Actually, since buying this and the WnW blues palette (which I have yet to try), I haven't even considered looking at other HE shadows. This is the best deal and bank account friendly! I should add that the SA at the Clarins counter complimented me on my make-up. I was wearing a combination of shade #2 and #3 (eyelid and crease shades in the left column). The shades really do look lovely together.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by bentobento

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Overall, I'm not a huge fan of purple shadows, but I decided to try this anyway since it was so cheap. I did not try these with a primer underneath but I will say this: dampen your brush and the colors are so much better. I specifically love colors 4 and 6 on the labeled picture, but only when applied "wet."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are rather subtle plum/lilac shades of purple. There are no super bold royal purples in the palette, so if that's what people are looking for they can purchase elsewhere.

I love these shades for doing subtle plum/purple looks!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably my least favorite palette out of the 8 pan palettes that WNW has. I find that the pigments aren't that great on the left side, however, on the right side side I love the colors and the pigment. The purples I find are too chalkey for me and then just fall off my eyelids when I put the shadow on. I do like the darker colors in this palette because they actually show up on my eyes. It's not the worst palette I have ever bought but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Marybeth818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was bad - I bought this and Blue Had Me at Hello. The quality between the two was really different. When you swatch these, the powder falls around and not very much of the color sticks to the skin. I made a half-hearted attempt to use the purples and I looked like I'd been punched. I took it back to the store and got my two dollars back, which I used on other, better Wet n Wild palettes. (All the others I tried were much better than this one.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

Wow, this palette is complete crap. I buy only drugstore makeup and I'm not the type to say "for the price, I can't complain"; I find lots of good makeup at drugstores and no amount of money is worth wasting. And this was a complete waste of my $5.

I have comfort zone and I love that WnW palette even though the 4th shade down on the right side is dry, chalky, and unpigmented b/c the other colours are all great. However, ALL the colours in this palette sucked for me.

The top left shade is among the worst quality e/s I have ever seen; it has a dry texture and next to zero pigment. The 2nd and 3rd shades down on the left have an okay texture but low pigmentation. The 4th shade down on the left has low pigmentation and a dry texture. All disappointing.

The right column is a bit better, but still disappointing (and remember, I am comparing to other DS products b/c I own no high end makeup). The 1st shade down is a decent frosty light pinky purple. The 2nd is a somewhat dry shadow with very poor pigmentation that blends out to nothing. The 3rd down is somewhat dry with a black base and pinky purple shimmer that does not blend well with the black base and does not blend well on the skin. The 4th down is a decent glittery black with the same blending issues as the previous shade.

ALL DISAPPOINTING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU PASS ON THIS.

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AmberVerde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on impulse because WnW was BOGO 1/2 at my WalGreens. I picked this up because in the pan the colors were pretty and I thought they'd be pretty with browns.

Like some before have mentioned, there are dupes for Beauty Marked, Trax, Carbon, Grape (pigment).

I wouldn't buy this again not because of the color selection, but because the colors on the left side are very chalky and not very well pigmented. The colors on the right side are well-pigmented and true to in-pan color.

All in all, if I needed to dupe my MAC colors, this would have been a great pickup, but since I still have those colors, it is going to the back of the drawer.