April 19, 2014 | 1715 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection - Petal Pusher (736)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These are rather subtle plum/lilac shades of purple. There are no super bold royal purples in the palette, so if that's what people are looking for they can purchase elsewhere.

I love these shades for doing subtle plum/purple looks!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is probably my least favorite palette out of the 8 pan palettes that WNW has. I find that the pigments aren't that great on the left side, however, on the right side side I love the colors and the pigment. The purples I find are too chalkey for me and then just fall off my eyelids when I put the shadow on. I do like the darker colors in this palette because they actually show up on my eyes. It's not the worst palette I have ever bought but I don't think I'll be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2011 7:52:00 AM More reviews by Marybeth818

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was bad - I bought this and Blue Had Me at Hello. The quality between the two was really different. When you swatch these, the powder falls around and not very much of the color sticks to the skin. I made a half-hearted attempt to use the purples and I looked like I'd been punched. I took it back to the store and got my two dollars back, which I used on other, better Wet n Wild palettes. (All the others I tried were much better than this one.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 8:19:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

Wow, this palette is complete crap. I buy only drugstore makeup and I'm not the type to say "for the price, I can't complain"; I find lots of good makeup at drugstores and no amount of money is worth wasting. And this was a complete waste of my $5.

I have comfort zone and I love that WnW palette even though the 4th shade down on the right side is dry, chalky, and unpigmented b/c the other colours are all great. However, ALL the colours in this palette sucked for me.

The top left shade is among the worst quality e/s I have ever seen; it has a dry texture and next to zero pigment. The 2nd and 3rd shades down on the left have an okay texture but low pigmentation. The 4th shade down on the left has low pigmentation and a dry texture. All disappointing.

The right column is a bit better, but still disappointing (and remember, I am comparing to other DS products b/c I own no high end makeup). The 1st shade down is a decent frosty light pinky purple. The 2nd is a somewhat dry shadow with very poor pigmentation that blends out to nothing. The 3rd down is somewhat dry with a black base and pinky purple shimmer that does not blend well with the black base and does not blend well on the skin. The 4th down is a decent glittery black with the same blending issues as the previous shade.

ALL DISAPPOINTING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU PASS ON THIS.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by AmberVerde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this on impulse because WnW was BOGO 1/2 at my WalGreens. I picked this up because in the pan the colors were pretty and I thought they'd be pretty with browns.

Like some before have mentioned, there are dupes for Beauty Marked, Trax, Carbon, Grape (pigment).

I wouldn't buy this again not because of the color selection, but because the colors on the left side are very chalky and not very well pigmented. The colors on the right side are well-pigmented and true to in-pan color.

All in all, if I needed to dupe my MAC colors, this would have been a great pickup, but since I still have those colors, it is going to the back of the drawer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rather like this palette. The pigmentation is pretty good & the purples look nice on my brown eyes. Id buy this again if i ever needed to.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was an impulse buy, and a poor one at that. I've got a W&W trio of shadows that I really like (Walking on Eggshells). In there, the colours are pigmented and buttery. In this palette, the shades are chalky and many have very little pigment. I did a look with the left side of the palette, and you can't even tell there are different colours going on. They're all just sheer purple and are kind of a muddy mess. I swatched the right side, and there is a dupe of MAC Beauty Marked and one that is quite close to MAC Trax. This doesn't really matter to me though, because I have the MAC versions of both. There's a black shade, which is not unique, a couple highlight shades that aren't unique. Overall, the shades are pretty in the pan, but don't translate to a nice eye look, nor does the left side of the palette have much pigmentation at all.
It was $5, so I can't complain too much, but I won't be buying any more W&W. You get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is okay, but not as good as their ''Comfort Zone'' palette. Why? I found that these shadows were much more softer and were prone to breaking more easily. I personally preferred the colours on the right hand side since they were much more "friendly" for my skintone and had better pigmentation. The shades on the left were a bit sheer and the first two shades were very frosty for my liking. All eight shades have a shimmer finish and some of the lighter shades can look a bit too frosty on my skintone. Also, the darker shades have alot of fallout. Overall, not the best palette from Wet n Wild in my opinion, but for the price of the palette, it wasn't a big loss.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by rkontaratos

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

not as buttery as the Comfort Zone palette but still very happy w/ the ICON series from WNW, always a great value for very pigmented shadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is definitely a great buy. For the price you pay the quality is excellent. I have paid a lot more money for similar if not worse quality. Not all the colours are clear winners but most are. They are all quite pigmented and last at least 6 hours - which is not bad considering that at $5 for the set, it comes out to less than $1 each colour. I'm not a WnW person, and only bought this on a whim. Someone had left it at the cash register when I was checking out some other things. I thought the colours were pretty and when I found out how much it was I figured, hey, why not. I was extremely surprised by the overall quality. So much so I went out to buy the other two sets.
A great buy!