October 23, 2014 | 1207 users online

Shampoo - DermOrganic - Sulfate-Free Conditioning Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by AmyDbaby

I can honestly say that in all my years I have never loved a shampoo until I found this product. I picked up the liter bottles of the shampoo and conditioner (masque) at TJMaxx a few months ago. I almost took them back after thinking about the price. When I saw the retail price I thought perhaps I didn't need to even be trying hair products that are so pricey. Then I decided to try them out and since I've never fallen in love I thought I'd get through the product then move on as always.

The first time I tried this shampoo I thought "oh crap, here we go with another WEN-type product!" Lots of creamy stuff that didn't really lather and I needed to use more of this than I do with other shampoos (It does lather but much less than most other shampoos.) The shampoo felt like a conditioner and I was not happy as I have dry hair but slightly oily roots and struggle to keep volume at the roots. I actually thought I'd end up using this for shaving and that would be that. The conditioner felt just like a conditioner. It did feel really moisturizing (but not heavy) and I worried that I was going to have very flat hair when all was said and done.

I went through the process of shampoo and conditioner and did my usual styling. Well darn if my hair didn't look great! I decided it was a fluke. I only shampoo every other day so I waited and tried it again and again my hair looked great after styling. What the heck? I was really surprised. I kept on using this stuff and my hair kept on looking great. I switched back to another shampoo I had been using just to see what happened and my hair did not look great. Went back to using this and my hair looked great again. Not only did my hair look great but it felt good and had TONS of volume. I am sold! I'm about half way through the liter bottles and it's been 3 months of use. If I only have to buy these twice a year then the price is not really an issue. I'm really happy with this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by brwneyedgurl429

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love love love this shampoo! I have very fine thinning hair ( I have androgenous alopeica) and have to be careful of the products that I use. This is a very gentle and moisturizing. Even though it's sulfate-free, it's still sudsy. My hair is just past my shoulders and I use 1 1/2 pumps. I purchased the liter sized bottles on Amazon but I have seen a few bottles at half the price my local TJ Maxx and Marshall's but they are hit-or-miss. I highly recommend this shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by kmcgowan73

I've been using this product for about two weeks (I wash my hair every other night). The first night I used it I was undecided. It is sulfate free and doesn't lather as nicely as my Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger Shampoo. I gave it another try and I'm finding I really like it. It smells great and leaves my hair clean, soft and shiny. I also use the mask and oil with the shampoo. I have processed hair and hypothyroidism so I've been battling very dry hair. This shampoo along with other products in the line are really improving the texture of my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by shellj5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked it for a week then my hair looked matted. It has so many oils in it that my fine hair was not only weighed down but it felt almost glued to my head. The scent is very odd and I didn't like it. I think it depends on your hair type and needs to work properly. It didn't cause a reaction which is a good sign, it just really weighed down my hair and I had to clarify a few times to get all the residue from the oils in it off my hair. I definitely would not recommend this to someone with fine hair that gets weighed down easily

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bisco

I love this, I just recently got into the argan trend via some Sally stuff. This is a lot better, than my redken shampoo. My hair is super soft, easy to style, tangle free, and shiny. It does lather, but not as much as the loreal shampoo, or as much as tresemme, which has lower sulfates. It's very rich though, and it's a steal when you buy the kit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by rallu

This is a gentle shampoo and even if it's sulfate-free it does lather nicely. Sometimes my scalp doesn't feel so clean and I need to use a clarifying shampoo. When the bottle was half empty it started to look like cottage cheese and it's impossible to shake it because it is as thick as a conditioner.I don't know if I'll buy it again...