Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, paraffin, PEG-6 beeswax, diisostearyl dimer dilinoleate, hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, calcium stearate, ceresin, alumina, TOCOPHEROL, ascorbyl palmitate, methylparaben, and propylparaben. [+/- May contain CI 42090 / blue 1 lake, CI 75470 / carmine, CI 77007 / ultramarines, CI 77163 / bismuth oxychloride, CI 77288 / chromium oxide greens, CI 77289 / chromium hydroxide green, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77510 / ferric ferrocyanide, CI 77742 / manganese violet, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide, and mica.

on 2/12/2008 8:20:00 PM

I thought it was okay, nothing special. It was creamy and dark. You can definitely get something similar for a way cheaper price.

on 2/3/2008 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

cons: it doesnt last-it smudges easily but doesnt remove easily. pros:
i dont have to sharpen it and that it has a smudger on the other side

on 2/3/2008 5:16:00 PM

I HATE the fact that if you accidentally twist it up too far, you can't twist it back down!! I thought mine was defective, but when I returned it to Macy's the saleswoman said that's the way they are made. What an awful design!!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I tried this eyeliner because it came up under long lasting eyeliners on Sephora's website. It says won't skip, smudge, or break on the website under description. And I've been looking for an eyeliner with that description. I used it for 2 days and it was horrible. Smudged a lot when used under my eye within an hour. On my upper lids it stayed but most eyeliners stay on my upper lid no matter what brand. The twist thing was also kind of hard to figure out. Would not recommend.

on 1/25/2008 12:29:00 AM

I've always preferred this style of eyeliner because I'm not lucky with sharpening. I wanted to like these, I bought 2 really pretty colors but I found I had to drag it under my eye over and over to get the color to show up. It swatched smoothly on my hand, but not on my eye. Once on, it looks nice if you can manage to get it on straight after all of the rubbing back and forth - and it stayed on great, was still there the next day, but the painful application didn't match the quality of the $23 price tag, so I returned. Drugstore brands apply nicer than this IMO. (tried the MAC version which applies beautifully).

Also the packaging is poor because, it has a smudger on 1 end, eyeliner on the other - with 2 different sized caps. I even warned myself ahead of time, but you just don't think about it every time, and sure enough - you end up squishing your eyeliner because you put the cap from the smudger end on it - bad! You have to get rid of the smudger cap to avoid doing this as it's so easy to do.

on 1/16/2008 11:17:00 PM

I've oily eyelids so most eyeliner won't work on me. However, this has been a charm. It stays put all day without smudging. I like that the automatic pencil don't break as easy as the others I owned.

on 12/30/2007 2:39:00 AM

Didn't last very long on my lower lid. I had issues with the mechanical pencil since I didn't know I wasn't suppose to twist it back downwards (unlike Revlon Colorstay, which IMO works better) Would not repurchase: I returned it at a Lancome counter.

on 12/29/2007 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I find this eyeliner does last for me. I use "prune." It does not go on super-smoothly, so there is some tugging. I do a gentle swipe with the spoge tip when I am done, dust with powder, and it stays put. I have given up trying to wear liner on my lower lids as it always seems to run into fine lines and create a mess, so I cannot comment on if this is truly waterproof...I feel this is expensive for an eyeliner, but I can't find the shade anywhere else.

on 12/17/2007 10:51:00 PM

I bought this a few weeks ago, and have used it twice....

The first time I tried it, it left little specks all over my face and it smudged like crazy. The second time I was shopping, and I must have swiped my eyelid. And walked around with a big old black mark on my forehead. So in other words I would not purchase this again, for the price or the quality..

I forgot to say the only good thing about this product is the color, the color is awesome other than that nothing...

on 11/27/2007 4:28:00 AM

It's really creamy eye pencil. Yes, it smudges and is pitifully not waterproof. The spongy smudger doesn't work because it washes out the eyeliner. Useless.
Anyways, I have to say good words about its color: true black like of liquid one.
Anyways, I'll try other line from Lancome next time.

Top Rated Lancome Products