Too Faced Amazing Face Oil Free Close-Up Coverage

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Propylene Carbonate, Phytantriol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oleanolic Acid, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-12 Fluorescent Brightener 230 Salt, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Atelocollagen, Aminobutyric Acid, Barium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Mica. May Contain/Peut Contenir/( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/12/2011 10:13:00 AM

I agree with the previous posters that the foundation is very yellow. As a melasma sufferer, however, the yellow in the foundation seems to work to cover the areas where my skin is darker.
The foundation leaves my skin looking flawless. I took 1 point off for packaging though because the bottle top doesn't seal on tight allowing some makeup to leak out when you close it.

on 3/9/2011 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was so excited for this line to come out. I'm a fan of Too Faced eyeshadows and blushes but their foundations were all too dark/yellow based for me. This new line has the same problem. This will not work on anybody with pink undertones or very fair skin. Even the lightest shade was too dark and the colors run warm.

on 2/27/2011 12:57:00 PM

LOVE this foundation!

Pros:
Amazing (true to the name), natural coverage
Looks like *my* skin, very fresh
Feels like I'm not wearing foundation
Cute bottle
Easy to find at my local Ulta & Sephora
Holds up all day and maintains finish - never looks splotchy or cakey on my skin
Makes my complexion look perfect

Cons:
No pump
Light to medium coverage - definitely not for anyone looking for a full coverage foundation
Color selection - limited

I really have tried them all - high end to drugstore and so far this is my absolute favorite of all as an everyday into special occasion foundation. This is the first Too Faced product I've tried but when a friend raved about it I thought I would give it a go. I apply it with my fingers and over a primer (currently Hard Candy) but I think a brush would work as well. Even though my almost-40 skin has larger pores in areas and some wrinkles, this foundation made my skin look flawless, youthful, and natural.

This is definitely not the foundation for you if you want a really "made-up" look or need to cover a lot of redness, pimples, or scarring.

I bought it in warm vanilla but it is just a tad too dark for my pale, wintertime skin. I may purchase the vanilla creme as well to mix and get a better match.

on 2/26/2011 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I tried this as a very generous sample. I was really looking forward to this as a medium coverage foundation but it did not work. It felt greasy going on and the coverage was less than what I get from a tinted moisturizer. I am NC25, oily and tried the shade Warm Vanilla. Also, after about 4 hours it seemed to have worn off--my skintone looked uneven.

I used it for about 5 days with a primer and TF poreless setting powder. I applied it with a foundation brush, a wet sponge and my fingers. Nothing really increased the coverage--like another reviewer wrote, maybe I could "build it", but I feel like that just ends up with a cakey mask of makeup. Also, it never seem to set. It had a wet finish. Not dewey, not glowing, but wet-looking.

This might work for normal skinned people with little need for coverage but for me it just was pretty blah. I got more coverage from my CG Smoothers TM.

on 2/25/2011 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I usually hate liquid foundations and have only just converted from using mineral powder foundations to liquid foundation (I tried so many liquid foundations in my search, they all just caked in my pores enhancing them,i was about to give up until i found this).my skin type is oily with extremely large pores and very acne prone as well as very sensitive. this is the best foundation i have EVER used, it blurs my pores (although not completely on its own) and doesn't settle in them like most foundations, its staying power is 10/10 (I used a primer first as my skin is so oily i skip moisturiser and just use a primer, then i applied a small amount of the primed and poreless powder BEFORE foundation, then applied the foundation with fingertips then removed any excess with a makeup sponge, then applied primed and poreless powder again to set the foundation). The foundation makes my skin look bright and refreshed even when I feel like death from lack of sleep and working all day, it also doesn't age me like the mineral powder foundation was doing, and I found it had far better coverage then mineral foundation (and after all the other liquid foundations i used i'd say the coverage is between medium to full, i had new pigmentation marks from recent blemishes and this hid them enough i didn't bother with concealer, i just blotted a little extra of the foundation on the marks then blended.). My skin didn't break out either nor did it flare up with a rash. This is simply the best stuff ever for me! (so p.s. im not misleading or following the crowd, if this was crap i'd leave a bad review,this just happened to work for me)
UPDATE: Ok been using this for a while now and have bumped the rating down a bit (when I first found it obviously I thought it was like 'da bomb' lol), this still is the best foundation I have found so far, but I'm on the search for my HG and this isn't it only for two reasons, this stuff blurs my pores a little bit but not as much as I'd like, and also this isn't a perfect match for my colouring, whilst I got this in the lightest colour (I am quite pale) the colour of this foundation is very yellow.

on 2/22/2011 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow. I don't give foundations 5 lippies very often, but this is HG status for me. First, I'm NC25 and I got the color Perfect Nude, which is a great match for me. I also know that the color Warm Vanilla (a shade lighter) matches NC20 skin, if that helps anyone. This entire line runs yellow, so unfortunately, don't try this foundation if you're pale or cool-toned. Also, I wish this product came with a pump, but like another reviewer said, the bottle is so cute (and heavy) that I won't complain.

This foundation goes on easily, feels very light (like you have nothing on), and looks --for lack of a better word-- like your skin but better. The finish is super natural/somewhat satin-y, which makes you look healthier than a matte foundation but not as shiny as a truly dewy foundation. It has low-med coverage but it eliminated my need to cover up sun spots and I only had to use a little bit of concealer for my darker acne scars.

It definitely lives up to its claim of being almost indistinguishable from your own skin if you get close-up. When applied properly (I use a skunk brush because for some reason, it emphasize my face's peach fuzz when I applied it with a foundation brush), I literally could not tell that I had foundation on, even when I leaned really close to the mirror. That is SUPER impressive!

I wouldn't get this foundation if you're looking for something that's high coverage, but if you have pretty good skin and you don't want look like you're wearing foundation, DEFINITELY give this a try!

on 2/20/2011 7:44:00 PM

I swear, lately whenever I try what for some obscure reason nowadays passes for "full-coverage" foundation, I feel like in some sort of MU Twilght Zone.

THIS stuff is "full-coverage"? Compared to what? Water? Ok, more on that later.

I got a sample of this on my latest trip to Sephora. The color - Perfect Nude - is absolutely perfect for my light, yellow-undertoned skin. And that's all I can say in favor of this fdt.

COVERAGE: sheer. If you have dark acne scars, sun spots, or any other skin issues that need REAL coverage, this is not for you. And can we dispense with the silly "buildable coverage" myth? If you need coverage, doesn't it make a lot more sense - money-wise, too - to just get a fdt. that will give you coverage upon ONE application, instead of wasting it by layering it? That's what's called "common sense," and I would urge some people to try it. This fdt. gives new meaning to "it's like you're wearing nothing at all." NO KIDDING.

TEXTURE: slippery. Best applied with fingers. Brushes and sponges just waste the stuff.

STAYING POWER: weak - unless you have dry skin. I wore this on clean dry skin (no primers, no moisturizers). It looked shiny from the start, and only got worse after that. So I blotted and applied MUFE's HD powder. Better, but the coverage was even more reduced after blotting.

In short, if you have oily skin and coverage issues, don't buy this. Because it IS expensive. And while I understand that self-deception is a powerful thing, I find it extraordinary that people with skin issues and oily skin should claim that this fdt. is full-coverage and matte. What's with that? Are these people afraid of being "left out"? Are they that desperate to be in the "in crowd," or something? Oh, well. Whatever makes them happy. I prefer not to mislead people into wasting money on products that are not suitable for them. And I want to make sure that people understand that I judge a product by the product's performance according to the manufacturer's claim, not by what I think it should do, or I want to believe it does.

on 2/18/2011 2:00:00 AM

Let me say, prior to this I was using MAC's pro long wear, I did like the MAC pro long wear however I feel it is too thick and dries too fast and so it's very hard to blend out.

My skin type is acne prone-oily t zone and dry patched skin (worst combo ever, I KNOW). I have noticeable pitted acne scars (that I wish would just disappear but I know that won't be happening anytime soon). And still very prone to breakouts.

I had actually read reviews on here initially and really debated if I should go out to purchase it. Instead I asked for a sample and tested it for 3 days. And it IS AMAZING!!!

The color is actually perfect for me (although they are very limited in color selection and I just blind guessed my shade...seriously) but the color definitely worked out for me.

The texture, is amazing. It is so smooth, moisturizing, light weight and it literally felt like a light moisturizer on my face but made my skin looked as if it had enough coverage, dewy, and even!

This foundation does not look cakey, very buildable, and does not dry up fast! The only downside I would have to say are two things: 1.) the price, it is a bit pricey $36 (but so worth every penny) and 2.) no pump, which makes for a messy application but...

This foundation is WORTH IT.

on 2/17/2011 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm with reviewer MandyCasey on this one, and holy **** , this foundation is as it says. AMAZING. Pardon my French, but this product is worth the ecstatic profanity. :) I've searched high and low for my perfect foundation, as we all have when it comes to finding our exact match. The search is excruciating, but I happened to find my shade in Too Faced Amazing Face's shade, Warm Vanilla. It couldn't be a more perfect match for my chameleon skin tone. I've looked through NARS, Make Up For Ever, Lancome; you know... the most controversial/popular foundations to find my match, and never found it. My search ended with Too Faced, and was my gift to myself on Valentine's Day. So, brace yourself for a somewhat lengthy review.

I'll start with some background information: I'm a light-to-medium gal with yellow or gold undertones. I tan really quickly, but I also pale-out very quickly during winter, hence the "chameleon" reference earlier ;p I also have pink cheeks, while the rest of my face is an unfortunately uneven yellow tone. My skin is combination (oily T-zone, dry cheeks). Oh, and to top it off, mild dark circles! This foundation fixes EVERYTHING. My skin tone is entirely evened out, including my pink cheeks. My dark circles are easily hidden with one layer, but I add a second layer for ultimate results. I don't even need concealer any more - it's a step I get to skip that makes my usual make-up ritual a lot quicker. This also tends very well to my skin type; it moisturizes, but at the same time it doesn't leave me oily. I got compliments the first day I wore it.

Generally speaking, this entire line is yellow/beige based, so for you yellow ladies like myself, check it out! Unfortunately, it doesn't offer a variety of shades - the lightest shade will still be too dark for some of you, while the darkest shade will be far too light. I don't think this Amazing Face line has anything for pink undertones either. I'm hoping they will add a lot more shades to their range.

However, it's oil-free and lives up to that. I haven't experienced any greasiness wearing it from the second I put it on until the end of the day. Amazing Face is medium coverage, and extremely buildable if you want to achieve a flawless, full coverage look. The finish on me is exceptional: dewy, lustrous, light and airy, but still remains entirely natural. Maybe a "natural satin" finish? I usually roll my eyes at the whole "light refraction" technology thing, but it brings light into my face. It blends well and never looks cakey, even when you layer it. I'm young so I can't really speak for wrinkles, although it definitely reduces pores without blocking them, and makes my skin look smooth and angelic. Yes, ANGELIC. I'm so stupidly in love with this foundation. By the way, I was previously using Lancome Teint Idole Ultra. I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, until I got this stuff. Amazing Face is 10x better. Bottled perfection.

I get up early, go to school, go to work (where I wait tables in a busy restaurant) and then go to the gym after work and IT'S STILL THERE, on my face! :O
Very fairly priced at $36. It's so incredible to me that I would call it an investment every time I buy it; and yes, I will buy it over and over again. Amazing Face makes my face look amazing ;) Too Faced has definitely stepped up their game. Oh, and the bottle is cute as hell. I love seeing it sit on my desk.

on 2/17/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I asked for a sample of this foundation (in Warm Vanilla) while at Sephora. I’m glad I didn’t purchase this foundation. I was really hoping it would deliver what it says it would. Unfortunately it did not work for me. It didn’t provide the coverage my skin needs, had to go over the skin few times to cover up few “flaws”. Also, it did nothing to control the oil ! I think I was more oily than I normally am.
I will stick with my reliable Merle Norman foundation for now (fyi: love the Lasting Foundation and the Aqua Balance).