January 29, 2015 | 1923 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Whooaaitsjess

I cannot believe this doesnt have a perfect rating! I think I have tried every mascara on the market that claims to have a fasle eye lash look and I always end up kicking myself for wasting my money! This is best Mascara EVER!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by marthapie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you want a volumising mascara, look no further than Sumptuous Extreme!!

Seriously, I had been looking for a mascara that would give me a false lash effect for so long, and so many products claim this and have not delivered! With two coats of this mascara my lashes are thick and volumised to perfection. If you want a natural look then this is not the product for you, even one coat is pretty dramatic but you do need at least two coats if the false lash effect is what you're after. I sometimes put three coats because I'm crazy about thick lashes :)

The brush is massive so you do have to be careful not to smudge, thats the only downside I guess but I don't really see it as a downside as I quite like the large brush.

The packaging is gorgeous, it looks really classy with a shiny gold exterior.

It's on the pricier side but totally worth it, and lasts ages. I've had it two months and wear it every day and it's still going strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am actually stunned to see that this mascara doesn't have 100% 5/5 ratings.
I love this mascara. I have longish lashes but I just love to have thick, bold and dramatic lashes. That being said, alot of mascaras that claim to add volume and length to lashes actually just create a real mess, I hate that.
This mascara here delivers... separates the lashes, defines them, leaves my lashes thick, long and very dark.
I would compare it too the dior show blackout.
I probably will purchase again
Edit: i was about to repurchase only to discover the 'shocking' version of this... Wow i have found my dream mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sherbearx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. Let me start by saying I have long, dark and thick lashes already, so I tend to look for wet formula mascaras with big brushes - Sumptuous Extreme did the trick!

If you don't know how to use a big brush, don't get this. Best for people with long lashes. I always get asked if my lashes are fake. Had it for 3+ months and still wet - going to try out another mascara just for the fun of it, but will probably come running back to SE.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The Limited Edition Sumptuous Extreme Violet was on my Christmas list and I'm sorry to say that I got it. It's going back. You can hardly tell I'm wearing any mascara. I did the first coat and thought, well, ok...give it another coat. So, I did. Then, I thought, well, maybe you need 3 coats. I am very disappointed in this product. I don't like Maybelline's Great Lash -- never felt thick enough to me but at least with their blue, you can actually SEE the color. Very, very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I think I've finally found my HG! Yay, something I can actually stick to ;) I've been on the hunt for a great mascara that comes from a company that doesn't test on animals. I used to love YSL but I found them on the PETA "bad" list, and so am trying to replace the things I use from them (although I think their lipsticks are hands down THE BEST and also love their touche eclat). Anyways, back to this mascara. LOVE IT! It gives me amazing defined thick black lashes, and the drama is build-able. With patience, you won't get clumps. Just an amazing thick black fringe of lashes. I will definitely repurchase and highly recommend. I've tried tons of different mascaras, from cheap drug store brands to luxury lines and this one is the best yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by tereesees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

crap. crap crap crap. the "oversized" brush does nothing but make it harder to apply, its clumpy, and flaky, and just terrible for someone with thin lashes like me, i don't know how it works with people with thicker lashes but for the amount of money it definitely does nothing that a drugstore mascara couldn't do. and without the clumps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Extreme Black. Got this as a pressie last year along with a few other Estee Lauder items. I can honestly say that I prefer drugstore mascaras over this any day. My lashes aren't hard to please at all, but this mascara certainly doesn't do anything for them, and hardly lives up to its name. This is a "lash multiplying" and "volumizing" mascara? Wow, that's news to me!

It takes me three to four coats to get desired volume and length, and this stuff really can't hold a curl to save its life. And this just makes my lashes clump like no other when built up. This really is a mascara that gives you more of a 'natural lash' look, which some people may like. I honestly don't prefer it, because no matter what eye look I decide to pull together (soft and natural, or bold and full of drama), I ALWAYS want my lashes to stand out. This just isn't cutting it for me. Formula was already on the dry side when I first opened the tube. It surprisingly hasn't gotten that much drier over time. One plus is that it never smudged or traveled when I wore it. I'm just upset that this couldn't work for me as it has for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by millymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST. MASCARA. THERE. EVER. WAS.

I'm convinced that people who have reviewed this badly either got lemons or have lashes that are hard to accentuate. For this I am sorry BUT...

This is LITERALLY the best. Case and point? I know this sounds gross but I've ween wearing this for 4 months (the SAME tube) and it's just as juicy as it was on day one. Not dried out a bit.

In fact, I'm sure it could last 2 more months. The only reason I'm probably going to go buy another tube is because it's getting a little gross to keep using the same mascara for so long.

It does wonders for volume, lenghthing, and fullness. If you're adept at putting on mascara, you'll know how to make sure it doesn't clump.

I'm never buying another drug store mascara again. This is HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Arlyah

This stuff was nice, while it lasted. It dried up to a clumpy mess after only having it a month (with 3-4 times a week use). I would not buy it again.