September 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous Extreme

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sherbearx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara. Let me start by saying I have long, dark and thick lashes already, so I tend to look for wet formula mascaras with big brushes - Sumptuous Extreme did the trick!

If you don't know how to use a big brush, don't get this. Best for people with long lashes. I always get asked if my lashes are fake. Had it for 3+ months and still wet - going to try out another mascara just for the fun of it, but will probably come running back to SE.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by goodcelt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

The Limited Edition Sumptuous Extreme Violet was on my Christmas list and I'm sorry to say that I got it. It's going back. You can hardly tell I'm wearing any mascara. I did the first coat and thought, well, ok...give it another coat. So, I did. Then, I thought, well, maybe you need 3 coats. I am very disappointed in this product. I don't like Maybelline's Great Lash -- never felt thick enough to me but at least with their blue, you can actually SEE the color. Very, very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Bellona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. I think I've finally found my HG! Yay, something I can actually stick to ;) I've been on the hunt for a great mascara that comes from a company that doesn't test on animals. I used to love YSL but I found them on the PETA "bad" list, and so am trying to replace the things I use from them (although I think their lipsticks are hands down THE BEST and also love their touche eclat). Anyways, back to this mascara. LOVE IT! It gives me amazing defined thick black lashes, and the drama is build-able. With patience, you won't get clumps. Just an amazing thick black fringe of lashes. I will definitely repurchase and highly recommend. I've tried tons of different mascaras, from cheap drug store brands to luxury lines and this one is the best yet.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by tereesees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

crap. crap crap crap. the "oversized" brush does nothing but make it harder to apply, its clumpy, and flaky, and just terrible for someone with thin lashes like me, i don't know how it works with people with thicker lashes but for the amount of money it definitely does nothing that a drugstore mascara couldn't do. and without the clumps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Extreme Black. Got this as a pressie last year along with a few other Estee Lauder items. I can honestly say that I prefer drugstore mascaras over this any day. My lashes aren't hard to please at all, but this mascara certainly doesn't do anything for them, and hardly lives up to its name. This is a "lash multiplying" and "volumizing" mascara? Wow, that's news to me!

It takes me three to four coats to get desired volume and length, and this stuff really can't hold a curl to save its life. And this just makes my lashes clump like no other when built up. This really is a mascara that gives you more of a 'natural lash' look, which some people may like. I honestly don't prefer it, because no matter what eye look I decide to pull together (soft and natural, or bold and full of drama), I ALWAYS want my lashes to stand out. This just isn't cutting it for me. Formula was already on the dry side when I first opened the tube. It surprisingly hasn't gotten that much drier over time. One plus is that it never smudged or traveled when I wore it. I'm just upset that this couldn't work for me as it has for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by millymichelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST. MASCARA. THERE. EVER. WAS.

I'm convinced that people who have reviewed this badly either got lemons or have lashes that are hard to accentuate. For this I am sorry BUT...

This is LITERALLY the best. Case and point? I know this sounds gross but I've ween wearing this for 4 months (the SAME tube) and it's just as juicy as it was on day one. Not dried out a bit.

In fact, I'm sure it could last 2 more months. The only reason I'm probably going to go buy another tube is because it's getting a little gross to keep using the same mascara for so long.

It does wonders for volume, lenghthing, and fullness. If you're adept at putting on mascara, you'll know how to make sure it doesn't clump.

I'm never buying another drug store mascara again. This is HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2011 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Arlyah

This stuff was nice, while it lasted. It dried up to a clumpy mess after only having it a month (with 3-4 times a week use). I would not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Varuca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a mascara junkie, and so far, this is my favorite. I also love M.A.C. Plushlash, Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes!, & Buxom, as well as EL's Sumptuous Bold (not as good), and EL's More Than Mascara. Then there's about a million mascaras I really hate. I do wish this had a more interesting brush, like the one in Plushlash or Buxom, but the formula is great. It doesn't clump, it is probably the best curling mascara I have ever used, and the results are definitely "extreme" on me.

I am a Latisse/Careprost user, and my lashes were pretty dense and long before I started using the enhancer. Because of this, my lashes look insane with just 1 coat of Sumptuous Extreme. I'll post a photo--it's only 1 coat, and only on my top lashes, but I think it's pretty self-explanatory.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2011 8:33:00 PM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a mini one as a gift with the makeup bag i got for free for buying some stuff. It's mascara brush is thick and works well but the thing is sometimes it will have clumps. I recommend it if you want dramatic lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Psychadelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow... can this mascara disappoint any more than it already has? I have never come across a mascara that undoes a curl which a waterproof mascara (Lancome Hypnose) has already set in place. For a volumnising mascara, it does nothing for me whatsoever. I get much better volume with a Maybelline mascara. Length? Don't even think about it. This was one expensive mistake! If I could give this a zero rating I would.

Edit: Ok, this is where I eat my hat. After writing my earlier review about a month ago, I decided to give this mascara another go and my opinion has changed completely. I'm not sure what happened exactly but it has bonded will with both Lancome Hypnose waterproof as well as Maybelline Full n Soft waterproof. After putting on a coat of this mascara, my eyelashes and long, thick and black and my eyelashes are still curled! Maybe what I needed to do before was to allow the first coat of mascara to dry completely before adding this on. In any case, this has been upgraded from 1 lippie to 4... only because it's so expensive! And yes, I might get it again if I'm at a duty free counter!