Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme

3.8

on 8/4/2012 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I love this. It makes the lashes look amazing, long, with a nice curl, but never clumpy. The colour is a nice, deep black and it isn't scented too strongly.

The brush is quite big and tapered and adds a lot of volume to the lashes. With the tapered end you can reach the smaller lashes in the corner of the eyes more easily.

Personally I love the fact that you can remove this mascara with warm water only. So you don't have to scrub at you eye area to get the mascara off. I do not have very oily lids, but it never smears, nor flakes. And the lashes still feel soft after application.

But the thing I love the most about it, is that it has made my lashes stronger over the last 5 months of use (that's how long I've been using it every day so far-first tube). I guess because it does contain much better ingredients than the average drugstore mascara.

Definetely will repurchase.

on 6/19/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i got this GWP and im not sure the full size price. this mascara is good for thickening, and i like putting it over lancome doll lashes. it can smear on your eyelid and below your lower lashes which is a huge con.

on 5/10/2012 11:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am quite surprised by the bad reviews. I bought this mascara few days ago and didn't like it at first after applying one coat, but then I thought maybe it's my technique. So I applied few more layers, after the first one dried down. and it turned out absolutely gorgeous, best false lash effect I have ever experienced with mascaras, even though It took me a bit longer to apply, rather than usual.

on 5/5/2012 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

As a big fan of the normal sumptuous, I had very high hopes for this mascara. But I don't think it really does anything special. I was happier with a drying out Elizabeth Arden one, to be honest. It hardly makes my lashes noticeable, and if I try to put more on it clumps and I end up with about three lashes. Smudges under my eyes and totally gives them a reaction if it gets on the waterline, which no other mascara has ever done. Definetely won't be repurchasing, it's not worth the extra at all.

on 4/23/2012 11:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I have this in Violet, which is more like a vivid blue. It is very easy to apply, has a large brush but is still easy to reach the corner lashes. Does not flake & last all day, still keeping lashes soft. Also it is easy to remove.

on 4/12/2012 3:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love mascaras but im not exactly in love with it...i like it. If you want a product to get the job done then buyy this but there really isnt a wow factor.I like how the mascara is thick and you can build on it.It gives fuller longer lashes but clumps alot. I go in with about 2 other mascaras to perfect it.Its hella expensive, i bought it cause i has a macy's card. I'have seen youtube videos on the falsies which i do want to try later.if it gets in your eye it sucks cause it irratates your eyes with a passion. You can sleep on it over night and when washing it off.....ohhh man it double sucks. If it gets on your skin it hard to rub or wash off your skin.And when you cry all of your lashes combind and make spikes and just doesnt look pretty. If an ok mascara, liike i said gets the job done but i like heavy mascara.

on 4/8/2012 12:55:00 PM

Excellent. At the moment this is my fave mascara, I've bought it about 3 times. It's deep black & gives great length & volume, it's easy to build up without clumping. People often comment on my eye lashes when I use this which is really nice :-)

on 3/27/2012 12:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a deluxe sample of this. I do not usually use expensive mascaras so I wasn't sure what to expect. This is a really good mascara. The brush is fat and thick without being too big to make application hard. The formula itself dries quickly so it makes it easier to add extra layers. I would defintely use this again although I think it is a little overpriced as far as a mascara.

Update: I keep getting deluxe samples of this and I always love it. This mascara is my favorite high end mascara. This mascara has a great brush and is not too wet or dry of a formula. I like how with this mascara I can either go really light in my application and get a feathery look or I can go a little heavy on the application and get bold lashes. If I did not worry about spending money I would buy this mascara all the time.

on 3/19/2012 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is the best mascara I've ever tried. It is very black, gives a lot of length and volume. The formula is not wet at all, but more drier. The packaging looks nice. The only thing is that is a little expensive, but totally worth it.
Could not live without it!

on 3/12/2012 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Reading negative reviews about this product made me want to write a review about it.
First of all this is a mascara that works only if your lashes are a bit long if you have short lashes then this product is not for you.
On the other hand if you have longer lashes then this product can make a difference.
You will have to be careful when applying because clumps can occur by the way you apply mascara also the brush is very long and thick so you'll have to be careful and light handed when applying to the lower lashes otherwise you'll end up with mascara under your eyes.
Three coats of this mascara can have almost a fake lash effect.
Yesterday after i finished my makeup and because i wear fake lashes sometimes my mother said : oh you always put them so nice it's like your own ones. And i wasn't have any fake ones. I had used this mascara only.
Conclusion: every wond has it's tricks if you master this wond you will be addicted with this product.