December 21, 2014 | 926 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! I got this for about $25 at Target. I have limp, fine hair that NEVER holds any kind of style whatsoever... and my curls last TWO days WITHOUT styling products with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:17:00 PM More reviews by BlushingBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I paid about $40 for this witch is a reasonable price for a good quality heat tool and I really love it! I am horrible at curling my hair with a normal curling iron and I saw so many people talking about how great this is so I thought I would get it. This gives my hair beautiful everyday curls in about 25 minutes. I have wavy/straight hair for reference. This does not make my hair look dull and damaged like some other heat tools do, even when I use a heat tamer. It can be hard to curl the ends of my hair with this without burning my fingers because you have to like hold your hand on the wand while your hair is wrapped around it to get a good curl. I don't like using the heat glove that it comes with because it is to big and it is hard to section off my hair with it on. I usually use this on the highest heat (410 C) because I have hard to curl hair. This leaves my hair looking shinny and beautiful whenever I use it. This also heats up quite quickly. I would recommend this curling wand because it is so much easier to use than a normal curling iron and it gives you the nicest curls ever! I would repurchase. Thanks for reading and I hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 8:29:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My hair hasn't been keeping curl very well lately. I think it may be due to the argan oil I've been using in my towel dried hair to act as a smoothing agent. Curling irons haven't been really working very well, and my attempt to curl with a flat iron ended in an epic finger burn that still hasn't completely healed 3 weeks later.
After seeing a lot of these types of irons in stores, I decided to take to youtube to view some tuts, and see some reviews. This one seemed to have the best review, and was within my budget. I picked this up at Target on Saturday for $19.99! I got the 1" - 1 1/2" size. I have mid-back length hair with long layers, and I don't want super curly-cue hair, just Victoria's Secret like waves. I got what I wanted! While this is a little awkward to use and takes a bit longer than curling or flat irons, the end product is pretty great. You get shiny, smooth curls with no sign of frizz. This held curl for me much better than curling or flat irons. I did use hairspray (something I rarely do) to keep the curl as well. Other reviewers have posted a good point - be sure to let the curls sit and cool before you finger-comb through them. All in all, I'm happy and have already recommended this to other people!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by pamandabelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! This curling wand is fantastic. I'm an experienced "wand" user myself because I have naturally curly hair and I've been using them for 3 years now. My natural curls are tight spirals, and sometimes I want to loosen them up for a special occasion or to mix things up. If you have naturally curly hair and you're wanting to get those "movie star" ringlets, this is it! The trick to this product is mastering the use of it with the heating glove. But once you learn it, it's a snap! Wands are amazing because you don't have any of those unsightly clamp marks left behind in your hair! The curls last and hold without much product for me. For those of you with naturally straight hair that doesn't hold curl well, I definitely recommend a good hair spray. I keep it set at the preset 356 degree temperature, which works beautifully. You shouldn't need it any hotter. The ceramic barrel doesn't dry out your hair or leave it feeling coarse. Curls are soft, shiny, and manageable. I've also used this product on my friends who have straight hair, and the results yield just as well. You can pick this up for $30 at Walmart or Target. You won't regret it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One word for these curling wands... AMAZING! I am completely inept at curling my own hair with a regular curling iron. I can't make the curls look the way I want, and they fall out within an hour no matter how much product I use. Enter the Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand. I got my first one about 2 years ago (the smaller one), and it just blew me away! Not only is it ridiculously easy to curl my hair, but my curls last days without any product. I loved it so much that I bought the bigger version (1-1.5") as soon as I found it, and I love it as well. I just can't believe how good these curling wands are for a fraction of the cost of others out there. I was originally wanting an Enzo Milano until I found these, but they're perfect. I don't want to be without these, and I will certainly repurchase if for any reason mine breaks. I don't imagine they will though, because I've been using a Remington T-Studio hair dryer for probably 4 years and it's still going strong.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by ll22

This product is phenomenal!! Not only is the price great, but the waves/curls that this wand makes are great, too!! I have dry, thick, coarse hair that never holds a curl...but this product has changed all that! This is one of the best purchases I have made in a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by brerobinson21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the life of me, I've never been able to curl my own hair. Recently, I've just gotten sick of having to ask other people to do it, so on a whim I purchased this at Wal Mart. Imagine my surprise when I saw that it's a MUA top pick! Great price, extremely easy to use, heats up quickly, and even comes with a heat protecting glove for people like me who are hopelessly clumsy. My curls look the same no matter what angle I hold it at, how I wrap the hair around it, etc., but for me that's just fine. 5/5!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by pkkatalina

I purchased the 1/2" to 1" at Target, on sale, for only $21.99 today.
My hair normally doesn't want to hold a curl, but I tried this based on MUA's advice. Win! My medium-length hair curled like crazy with this and my Aveda Brilliant Retexturizing gel. There are many youtube vids on how to curl hair, so check them out first. The smoother the hair the better, then you won't have frizz. Don't brush out the curls, then them cool a bit and then use your fingers to do a quick run-through. Do a final spritz with some flexible-hold spray and you're set!
NOTE: Be SURE to use the enclosed glove, this gets 410 degrees F. Really hot!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by voodoochick

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply put.........BUY IT. I agonized over whether to buy high end or drug store quality and this tool gives you every bang for your buck and more. I'm a newb at curling my hair but knew enough that the clip style wands were not great.

It takes practice and everyone's got their own style so go with what works for you, rawk your hair the way you want this tool will get you there.

P.S. curls lasted all day without touch up and was done on second day hair.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Azinche

I am completely inept at using curling irons, but this wand produces curls people always compliment me on.

Somehow, it is easier to use than a regular clamp curling iron. I know that the clamps may be removed, but I did not own a curling tool before this one (because I could not use one properly).

I have long, thick hair, so I do need to straighten it before curling it, though I am sure I would need to do this with any curling iron in order to avoid Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer style 'do.

I love the 1' barrel, but because my hair is long and so thick I am realizing I'll need a bigger barrel (which I will buy from the same series) to create more relaxed waves.

Both of my friends complain that they cannot get used to the glove, though I personally was used to it about midway through my first attempt.

Overall, I am still surprised by the end result of the cheapest (and prettiest, in my opinion) tool of its kind then on the shelves.